December 20, 2014 | 1421 users online

Liquid - L'Oreal - Visible Lift Serum Absolute Advanced Age-Reversing Makeup

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2011 10:10:00 AM More reviews by dbmiller

Both this and the Smooth Absolute are gorgeous foundations. I think this one has slightly more coverage and is just a little less dewy. I love that they both have SPF and I love that this has a pump. I like to use these after a long night out or my skin is tired and I think they brighten and help my skin look luminous.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2011 7:30:00 PM More reviews by SugarFreeSheila

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Boy oh boy, am I happy I gave this foundation a fair shot. You never know with drugstore ones. Plus, my skin's so fair, the lightest shades are usually too dark and pink anyway. 143 Softest Ivory didn't look to be that way, so I tried it ...

SOFT IVORY 143 COLOR: NC15 is a little too dark for me, and I would peg this at being a trifle lighter than NC15. Soft Ivory 143 is maybe a smidgen too dark as I'm an NC10 (if this shade existed) - but I can get away with wearing it. Comparing shade 143 to the lightest 1.0 shade of MAC's new Matchmaster foundation, the Matchmaster is a little lighter than the Visible Lift.

TEXTURE & FINISH: I'd classify this as medium coverage with a semi-matte finish. I don't look cakey or made-up; it just looks like I've got flawless skin. I don't bother with powder as I don't care for it anyway - and that's fine because a few hours later, I'm just a little dewy.

LIGHTING ISSUES: I applied this in the incandescent lighting of my bathroom, double-checked the result in my fluorescent-lit kitchen, and gave my face a close look in my car's rearview mirror. The finish looks good and smooth in all 3 types of light.

PACKAGING: Faaantastic little pump. Love it.

Drugstore foundation under $15, ladies! I'm impressed.

** Fellow La Roche-Posay Anthelios users who have a nightmarish time finding cosmetically elegant sunscreen/foundation combos, I'll save you the headache right now: the SPF 30 spray goes really well under this foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2011 10:13:00 PM More reviews by Lveangel86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I originally bought this for my mom, who has dry skin, but the color was too light for her so I kept it since I couldn't return it. I didn't think this would be good for my skin since I have very oily skin but its been great. It gives me great medium coverage without feeling like I have heavy foundation on my face. I have large pores and some old acne scars and this covers them really well. I live in humid S. Fla and this wears great throughout a whole 10 hours. It doesn't make my face look oilier but it isn't really a matte finish. Actually, the reason why I love this foundation so much is that it makes me look like I have natural flawless skin, it really doesn't look like I'm wearing makeup.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/25/2011 12:05:00 AM More reviews by cavo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

What is it with L'Oreal's foundation colors? They just can't come up with a warmer color selection for olive skin. Besides the limited color selection for my skin tone, this foundation made my skin look drier and older. The texture once applied is good but then it accentuates the poor skin texture. In fact, when wearing this foundation, my skin looks better if i was not wearing any foundation. It might be a good foundation for younger, oilier skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2011 7:58:00 PM More reviews by ThisOldSoul

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is the best liquid foundation I have tried, and even though I still prefer to use my Meow Cosmetics powder foundation (it's just so much lighter on my skin), this is still pretty great stuff. It goes on very smoothly (I use a flat top brush), dries quickly and doesn't really migrate throughout the day. My only real complaint is that I noticed that no matter how little I applied it would always seemly cake around my nose area, which may have just been it accentuating dryness. However, since this is not a cheap drugstore foundation and I do like it, I've started using it as an under eye concealer and I love it! Instantly covers my dark circles and stays put! I'm so pale that I have major issues with under eye concealers that are peach toned, so I love that this does the job while also looking natural.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2011 6:35:00 PM More reviews by divagrrl80

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

LOVE! This provides better coverage than True Match, IMHO. I chose the lightest shade and it not only looks natural, but provides even coverage that really stays put.
I worked out and took a shower, and this foundation still looked fairly freshly applied- wow! I think this may be my HG. The shade selection is better than ColorStay and this has comparable coverage without that funky smell.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/14/2011 8:45:00 PM More reviews by SageBrush

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have used the serum absolute with pro-retinol A + vitamin C for three months. I wear with Olay moisturizer, sunscreen and L'Oreal Studio Secrets primer under the Visible Lift. (I have dry skin and live in a dry climate so I need all the layers.) I've applied with a brush but, like finger application just fine. I obtain a smooth, light finish that I can build where needed. Looks natural and lasts until I take it off. Even stays on my nose and chin! Looks best with the Studio Secrets primer underneath.This is an ideal product for mature skin!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2011 4:50:00 PM More reviews by Jezzrbelle88

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

If you have a wedding to go to, or a one day event, go for it and give this a try! It stays true to color even on my combination skin, never turned orange, and looked amazing and glowy. Let me emphasize this, MY SKIN LOOKED AMAZING. I have never seen a better foundation than this, and I have tried them all.

So why did I rate it so low? Because the next day after using it I had a million small white pimples on my face that turned into big angry red dots over the course of a week. I never break out, but the silicones in this were too much for my skin. I do not recommend this for every day wear, but if you have an event to go to and don't mind looking like pizzaface for a week afterwards its perfect. Great coverage and gives you a dewy complexion that even seems luminous! The pimples keep it from getting a 5 from me :(

rated 5 of 5 on 10/9/2011 10:35:00 AM More reviews by joyw2010

Can't recommend it enough! This foundation is so easy to apply and it creates such a natural look. It gives you an even skin tone all day long, and the skin does look firm and lifted.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/7/2011 10:21:00 PM More reviews by makeupfinder21

This is the third foundation I've tried, and I love it! I have a few acne scars from a previous breakout, and this almost completely covers them by itself. The colour range, in my opinion, is great. I am very pale, and even skin tone matching foundation was too dark for me. I am the lightest shade you can get in this foundation , but it still doesn't match perfect. But its damn close. I take a lippie off for staying power.. it lasts all day at school pretty much, but I do touch up if I go out later on. Also, this isn't the best for dry skin. I was on acne medication and my skin was very dry, and this certainly didn't help. However, I find that this goes on well over moisturizer. Overall, my favorite foundation! :)
UPDATE: can no longer say I like this.. pain to apply in the morning, and within a couple hours, is already an oily mess and sliding off of my face. Cannot cover with powder without looking cakey and gross!