April 21, 2014 | 974 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Volum' Express The Falsies Waterproof Mascara

rated 2 of 5 on 12/11/2012 9:59:00 PM More reviews by juniebug008

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

No volume. Not waterproof in my experience. I have very long but very thin lashes, and this mascara basically made them look darker and that's it. Very disappointing! This might be a nice mascara for someone who just wants to define their lashes a little, but there are much better mascaras for that purpose. In conclusion: Nope.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/10/2012 12:58:00 PM More reviews by feetjustgo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this to wear to weddings this summer (yep, I'm a crier), but didn't end up wearing it to any because I was so disappointed in how it made my eyelashes look. The one good thing I can say about this mascara is that the color I purchased, "Black Drama," is very dark. Unfortunately, it does nothing to curl, lengthen, or add volume to my naturally underwhelming lashes. With a name like The Falsies Volum' Express, I was expecting a dramatic look and what I got was a darker version of my natural lashes. Now it just sits in my bathroom, a waste of money and space. I would obviously not repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/6/2012 11:27:00 AM More reviews by pr0nplayground

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I guess like most products, on your first try it works wonders. My eyelashes were evenly spaced apart just like how it looks like normally, except the color is intensified. I might have been practicing poor mascara-care, so after a month the formula is quite clumpy now. But I'd say for its price, it's not bad at all. But I'm still on the look out for something better.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/5/2012 9:26:00 PM More reviews by photographsNwhite08

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I've had this mascara for quite some time now....I wanna say a few months. And within those few months, I have used it a maximum of five times. The formula is what kills me the most on this. It's SO dang wet. And the simple fact that the bottle does not take off as much mascara from the brush is what does it for me. I even left the mascara open for a whole day and it's STILL extremely wet. I cleaned the brush completely to make sure there were no clumps jammed in between the bristles. Go to use it the next day, and it was clumpa-palooza.

The brush is another thing. I LOVE the fact that it has a slight curl to it. If I had a choice in all mascaras to get a curved wand, I would be first in line. BUT, it's only a SLIGHT curl. And the brush isn't that great. The quality has bristles that are on a spoolie brush for your brows (what I use it for anyway, lol). And for your eyes, you need something much more gentle.

Now I will say that this mascara does have some positive qualities about it, even you can get past the wet formula and clumpiness.

1, it does lengthen and hold a curl for a long period of time...EVEN through sleep (I accidentally forgot to take off my mascara and it apparently held up, lol). I wore this mascara on one side and I wore one that I wear all of the time to compare. This one actually held up....I just looked at the bottle and it said 'Hydrofuge' so I'm going to assume that I bought the waterproof formula. Which that isn't bad at all...I'm glad that it will stand the test of sleep, but it's not going to do it for me if I look like I have four eyelashes, lol.

2, IS it waterproof? For the most part...yes. Like I said, it held up pretty good through sleep and for me, that's a pretty big thing since my eyes water a lot when I'm going to sleep AND when I wake up. But I did have a slight raccoon eye effect, but C'MON.....it was SLEEP, lol.

If Maybelline would change a few things about this mascara, I would probably LOVE it. It lengthens and holds up a curl like any mascara should, but the amount of negative things kill it for me. I will try again to dry out the formula some to see if it helps, and if it does, I will update. But if not, this will have been wasted money, and it will be trash.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/26/2012 10:29:00 PM More reviews by AndreaaaMariee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Grey

I hated this mascara. I didn't like the curved brush at all. All it did was clump my eyelash, not only did it not separate my lashes, but it made them more together. It looked like I had about 5 eyelashes. Eww.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/26/2012 9:53:00 PM More reviews by HappyMiniDonuts

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This mascara was okay, it didn't do a whole lot for my lashes. The waterproof version held a curl but I didn't find that it added any volume or length.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2012 2:54:00 AM More reviews by JeniRyder

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

The best mascara I have used!
Itís not clumpy and makes my short asian lashes look long and voluminous.
Hold curl very well throughout the day, even in hot weather.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2012 10:20:00 PM More reviews by stella0r

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'd say this is my favorite mascara so far. It holds the curl, volumizes, doesn't clump, flake nor smear. The wiggle at the base and pull technique delivers the best lashes with this mascara.It looks natural but volume like no other! And the price of course....

rated 4 of 5 on 11/18/2012 2:56:00 PM More reviews by Marywanna

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've tried every mascara under the sun and none have compared in quality or in price to this mascara. Keeps the curl in place all day and creates drama with a very quick application. The only downside that I see is the formula is quite wet and the mascara can be tricky to take off at the end of the day, but it's great so I'm willing to deal with it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2012 12:22:00 PM More reviews by secondadonna

Right now this is my favourite mascara. I went on a spree of trying many brands for a while and settled on Falsies Waterproof. It's not that I don't have quibbles with it, but it does a better job on all counts without having any enormous downsides.
For instance:
-it doesn't clump massively, or dry so fast that a tiny clump can't be fixed
-I can apply lots of coats without it suddenly going haywire on me (I'm looking at you, Voluminous Million Lashes!)
-It doesn't flake off (and I'm an eye-rubber)

The main thing about this mascara is that the brush is PERFECT. The slight curve is excellent -- enough to make application throughout all my lashes easier than a straight brush, but not so oddly round or bent that it's hard to control. I like the fine bristles MUCH better than any rubbery/plasticky versions that are out there. And the variable width makes either broad strokes or precise application possible. It's great. And usually I don't need a lash comb at all.

I've found that if I apply more than about 2 coats it does smudge a tiny bit -- when I've done a REALLY dramatic look, my upper browbone area sometimes gets a faint lashes imprint partway through the day. It wipes away instantly and then doesn't recur. Weird, but now that I've noticed it, it's easy to watch for & fix. Since I noticed this, I've checked carefully and it doesn't happen at all when I apply a "normal" amount (say 2-ish coats -- quite dramatic but not over the top). So one lippie off for that. Note - the Black Drama version (still waterproof) smudges less than the regular version - not at all with a single coat or two.