April 19, 2014 | 1784 users online

Lips - Revlon - Just Bitten Lipstain + Balm

rated 2 of 5 on 4/6/2011 8:16:00 AM More reviews by giasabine

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

The color is gorgeous, no doubt about it, but this product has no staying power. I thought that a stain would stay put better, but a cup of coffee and it was mostly gone. Granted, I am one of those who "eats" he lipstick and all I will have left is the outline. The applicator is a hard felt-tip marker, like you expect to buy it for school supplies. It tears at the lips. The balm that comes with it, is really nice and soft, but you have to be extra careful putting that cap back on or you will make a mess with the balm.

I bought it in color "Lust" and love it - not too bright, not too sheer. But I will not buy it again, because I am too busy to stop every hour and reapply this lip stain.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/2/2011 5:41:00 AM More reviews by lazergirlxbob

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I once bought from the Just Bitten range when it was in a roll-on and only available in a few colours. I didn't like it then, as a product, but I decided to give it a second try now that they had re-vamped the range.

Safe to say, I am still disappointed. Good news first, though. I love the colour payoff. I am quite pale and I felt brave, so I bought the darkest shade - because it sinks into my lips (which, funnily enough, are pale too) and ends up looking nice and natural. Also, that balm? I would use it instead of Carmex.

Bad news.
IT DOES NOT LAST! I'm 17 so naturally, I'm at school. Therefore I can't re-apply makeup freely, and I was hoping/expecting the stain to last all day. It lasted about 3 hours, and came right off when I got something to eat. Also, your lips need to be exfoliated and moisturised for it to be even. As well as this, I question the hygiene of the felt tip pen.

All in all: good colour, doesn't last, bit too expensive - won't buy again until it's on sale.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/22/2011 11:30:00 AM More reviews by MlizK

I bought these in Passion and Crave. Crave is a bright magenta that isn't very wearable. When it fades, it's very pretty. Passion is gorgeous. It's a pigmented highlighter pink. I love that the balm is on the end, but like everyone else says, why isn't it retractable? If they sold this balm separately, I would buy it instead of Chapstick. LOVE the stuff. Anyways, you have to exfoliate your lips and make certain they are moisturized. But you have to have the product sink in. Lasting power is only OK. Sometimes it lasts 2 hours. If you have dry lips like me, these are more trouble than what they're worth. Passion will work best since it is pretty light. Even when my lips are slightly dry, I don't notice it sinking into the cracks. Love how these are bright and not dull, but I don't want to pay $7+ for them. I'd rather spend half that on low maintenance lipstick that I have to reapply. And how sanitary is a marker or felt tip? It'll be hard to find a replacement color for Passion, though.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/20/2011 10:37:00 PM More reviews by Angelasagna

The lipstain overall is ok, I got the color in Passion. It looks bright and pretty but wears off after awhile. When I was taking the wrapper off (hard..) the cap on the balm side ended up popping off and scraping all the balm leaving it flat and all the balm inside the cap making it very irritating and almost impossible to use without getting my hands covered in it. I was so sad.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/13/2011 3:11:00 AM More reviews by emkazicstan

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this lipstain as a present in the color twilight. I don't like the color, it's way too dark.
But, the lipstain itself is really nice. It lasts a really long time. It can dry out your lips but it does come with a good quality balm.
What I do with my lipstain is I put it on my lips, then rub it off with a tissue so my lips get a nice berry color instead of this dark red vampire color.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/12/2011 12:27:00 PM More reviews by glassflowersxy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have very fair skin and I got the Revlon Just Bitten Lipstain and Balm in Twilight. I had a major issue with this the first time I tried it on. Granted, it was the first time I used a lip stain. It was uneven and splotchy. I discovered that the trick is to dab it on the middle of your lips and spread it outwards with your finger. Then lightly add some stain to any areas that need extra for good coloring. It's a good product if you know how to use it. I love this color. Sadly, the cap on the balm came lose and the balm broke off in my purse. So the balm was great while it lasted. Just make sure to have an extra lip balm on hand.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/11/2011 5:52:00 PM More reviews by mmolgaard

For me, this lip stain is very close to my ideal of the perfect lip product...I know some people are not crazy about it, but I guess that's because they expected something else. The thing is, to describe it accurately, it's a "lip marker", more than a lip stain (even though it stains and stays on forever and you'll have some difficulty washing it off), so the effect is just that: a very matte, concentrated color. I happen to think that's a gorgeous effect on the lips, because it goes through the skin, instead of sitting on it, as with gloss. It's as if that's the actual color of your lips, and because it's so matte (as long as you don't use the balm that comes with) I feel you can explore the eyes a bit more, so the overall effect won't feel so "done" or clownish as with a darker or brighter lipstick. One of the best things about it is that you don't see the product, you see the lips - and that doesn't always happens with lipsticks, let alone gloss. The best way to use is to put in on the center and smudge it your fingers, this makes for a super natural effect. The downside - it stays on for a reeeeally long time, and unfortunately the color doesn't fade really well - I have it in Flame, which is a bright red, and some 2 to 3 hours later it will have become a not so pretty pink. Other than that, I'd say it's amazing, and the best way to add some color to your lips and keeping it natural and really sophisticated. The best way to use is to put in on the center and smudge it your fingers, this makes for a super natural effect.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2011 3:23:00 AM More reviews by iSayOhSoChic

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I actually loved this product! I prefer lipgloss over lipstick so this was probably what you would get if you combined the two, lol yeah not really. But anyway I loved the color "Passion". I line my lips with it, then fill them in lightly. Doing this made my lips look as if I'd been making out with someone for an hour LOL! That's how vibrantly plumped they looked especially with a little slick of the balm. I loved the felt-tip kind of feel of the lipstain as it felt precise when applied. I didn't really like how random the balm was placed at the other end though (as I accidently smooshed it with the cap while trying to put it back on, so fricken annoying!) as I would have prefered it be retractable, like a lipstick. Overall, I recommend this product for those who are experiementing with a lipstick kind of look, but without the full on and heavy appearance. It's perfect teamed with a little bit of mascara and blush. Oh and for those who are annoyed how quickly it dries out after using it, do not fret! Just place the cap back on and stand it upside down for a few hours as the color comes filtering through once again :)

rated 1 of 5 on 3/5/2011 10:39:00 AM More reviews by deaMariel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was thinking of getting a lipstain and considered this one. I decided to drop by a Revlon counter to try the shades, I tried on twilight. It was ok, the stain did not really cover my lips evenly, somehow it also creeped in the lines of my lips. During the first hour it looked decent but after I ate some chips, it faded making the uneveness more obvious. I washed it off after about 2 hours coz my lips were starting to get dry. After another 2 hours my lower lip started getting itchy and felt really dry and awkward. When I couldnt bear with the burning feel of my lips, i slathered it with honey for 30 minutes which calmed it down and made what seems to be rashes about to surface in my lower lip go.

I'm not sure Im ever going to try a lipstain ever after this experience. I wouldnt really reccomend this one.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/5/2011 2:35:00 AM More reviews by kali205

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I kind of liked the original Just Bitten (roller-ball), but I can't like this. I bought this in frenzy.

I find the stain wears off within an hour or two. It dries so quickly and the felt tip applicator is so fine that it is quite an art to avoid a streaky finish. I snapped off the lip balm when replacing the lid (there was so much sticking up with no support that this is probably inevitable) and what is left is below the plastic in the packaging and would require a brush to get to. The stain clings to any imperfections in lips, including dry patches. The colour isn't buildable. And I don't like the tingly feeling it gives when I apply the stain (i'm assuming from solvent evaporating?). When I apply it properly to just exfoliated and moisturised overnight lips it looks lovely, for an hour. I'm afraid that I am just not a fan.