Rimmel Blush - Santa Rose 001

4.3

Price: $

Price: $

MICA, TALC, DIMETHICONE, CAPRYLIC/ CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE, MAGNESIUM STEARATE, ETHYLHEXYL DIMETHYL PABA, ALOE BARBADENSIS LEAF EXTRACT, ISOPROPYLPARABEN, BUTYLPARABEN, ISOBUTYLPARABEN. [MAY CONTAIN/PEUT CONTENIR/: TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI77891), IRON OXIDES (CI77491, CI77492, CI77499), D&C RED NO. 30 ALUMINUM LAKE (CI73360), D&C RED NO. 7 CALCIUM LAKE (CI15850), ULTRAMARINES (CI77007), D&C RED NO. 6 BARIUM LAKE (CI15850), FERRIC FERROCYANIDE (CI77510), CARMINE (CI75470), FD&C BLUE NO. 1 ALUMINUM LAKE (CI42090), D&C RED NO. 28 ALUMINUM LAKE (CI45410), D&C YELLOW NO. 5 ALUMINUM LAKE (CI19140)].

on 1/7/2010 1:07:00 PM

This is a very pretty, peachy/pink color. It's pretty pigmented with verrry little shimmer. For the price, its a fantastic blush. Gives a nice little glow to my face. The packaging isnt all that great, but it doesnt waste any space in my makeup case so I'm not complaining too much. Certainly worth trying if you're looking for a great blush to add to your collection!

Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure

For the price I can't complain, cheap packaging, but at least it is not wasteful. The color is nice but did not show up too well on my skin, I might repurchase in another color.

on 12/18/2009 4:08:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

These are okay but I have found I only actually like these blushes when I use my skunk brush. When I first bought this I hated it, because I was using just a cheap ol' blush brush. But when I use my skunk brush it works okay. I actually don't like this color too much though, it's too orangey for me. But I usually find that peaches look too orange on me anyway. The powder is nice and fine and easy to blend but the packaging kind of blows. It's an okay blush I don't love it or hate it, just kind of in between.

An ok rip of NARS- Orgasm.
Not perfect, and if you saw them side by side, you would be able to tell which was NARS, but a decent knock off for those not wanting to invest.

It is a little too matte, so I tend to dust over with some shimmer after applying.

The colour is a nude-ish-peach, more nude than peach.
You do have to build the colour, so be patient.

The packaging is crap, but for $4, it's what you'd expect.

I do have to say that I really enjoy it as a colour. It gives me a nice, soft look and is great for everyday wear.
I'ts my go-to blush.

It does tend to fade quickly, so I do stash it in my purse if I am going out after work (even with primer).

It was fun to stumble across a review about this color/product because I had some of it sitting in my bathroom that I'd had for ages but hadn't yet opened. I'd bought it because I really liked the peachy-pink color but just hadn't ever used it. When I applied it, I could have sworn I had just put on Orgasm by Nars - the color is THAT CLOSE. The blush doesn't have the Nars staying power, but the color is beautfiul and really versatile. Not to mention cheap-cheap-cheap! I only took off one lippie because of staying power (or lack thereof).

on 12/12/2009 6:05:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

HG right here! The cheapest blusher I ever got, and the best!
I think it could suit a lot of people. I'm the colour of Princess Jasmine and I hafta layer twice.
It looks fresh, not made-up.
Thank yooooou MUA for another great rec!!
mwah!

on 12/1/2009 9:56:00 PM

Love this blusher, which I've been using for years. It's cheap, which is reflected in the packaging. It's a really great buy though. This shade is perfect on my pale skin - I get a really nice natural finish if I apply quite lightly but it's easy to build it up to get a more made up finish (and yet no matter how much I apply it never looks caked or patchy). On top of that this shade seems to go with anything and works well with both warm and cool toned eyes. Glad they didn't bother including a useless brush too. I'd be happy with this if it was 3 times the price; at this price I'm over the moon ;-). Will repurchase again and again.

on 11/19/2009 5:40:00 PM

This is my absolutely favorite drugstore blush. I am a blushaholic and own blushes from several brands: MAC, NARS, Chanel, asian brands, Clinique, Sephora brand, to name a few. Rimmel is on TOP of my list! This particular color is my favorite of all Rimmel blushes. It's peachy pink (a lot like BeneFit Coralista). It's more pink than peach, but it definitely has some peach tones. It does have shimmer (hence I disagree with the review below that it is matte). It has fine silvery shimmer that gives me the beautiful glow. I love that the texture of this blush is very fine and soft, so it applies so smoothly. It also lasts all day, so no touch up is required. I do hate the packaging though. I bought this when it was in older packaging, so it was even worse than the new packaging. The lid is loose, so I can't carry it around.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Poorly packaged, Everytime I open the lid my finger will make a chip on the blush (how messy), and the blush is very pale to show up. Luckily I swapped for this and did not buy it. I heard good reviews for this blush but this time I'm disappointed.

on 10/25/2009 3:41:00 PM

Wow, what a great blush! It's very natural looking, blends heavenly and very buildable. This blush, in no way shape or form, is anything like NARS orgasm. Reminds me more of a Benefit blush (maybe Dallas? I can't remember.) Flimsy packaging so I doubt it will travel well, but there's enough blush surface to use just about any size brush. Would repurchase.