April 25, 2014 | 1133 users online

Mascara - Revlon - Revlon Grow Luscious Mascara

rated 1 of 5 on 4/1/2012 9:27:00 PM More reviews by sabrinarose1990

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have had this in both the waterproof and normal varieties.
I hate the waterproof one…yuck…It has an extremely drying formula (I know its waterproof but they could make it less drying), and it is extremely hard to remove, five days later I can still detect it on my lashes…and after using it my lashes were so dry and brittle. I have no idea how the waterproof one could be helpful at growing your lashes…opposite effect probably!
The normal version is okay. It’s not horrible and its not great. This is quite an expensive drug store product ($32 NZD) and I am pretty sure you could find a cheaper mascara which lengthens and provides volume better than this one…Maybelline’s lash stiletto or collosal lash are still my favourite cheap mascaras. This doesn’t lengthen greatly I found, slightly but not much. It does curve the lashes and make them appear somewhat thicker, but not very well. Overall, it makes your lashes appear fuller, and curved but not longer. As for making your lashes grow, I’m sceptical but willing to try! The wand is okay, but it does not capture little lashes at the corners of your eyes well. I put on about 3 layers to get them thick looking… and even then they still look “natural”. Overall won’t repurchase

rated 4 of 5 on 3/30/2012 2:28:00 PM More reviews by cindy007

It makes my lashes grow. It really does. I see reviews on this site that say it doesn't work, but in my experience it does work. Its a pretty good mascara performance wise, but are better ones out there as far as the immediate effect, but they do nothing for the health of the lashes. So, I keep coming back to this stuff. Yes, the brush is a little unwieldly, but oh well.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/30/2012 11:10:00 AM More reviews by alyssa18o6

I've repurchased this a hand full of times. It's not my go-to favorite but it isn't horrible either. I do find the huge brush hard to use, I always end up smudging mascara on my eyelid. I've been using this since it came out. I LOVE any mascara that provides a decent amount of volume and I definitely see volume with this mascara. It doesn't flake or smudge on me once it's on my lashes. As far as it "growing" my lashes, I haven't seen any improvement. But for the price and for what it does, it's definitely in the top of my favorite mascaras.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2012 6:48:00 PM More reviews by ChaseSpearing

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is the first mascara I every used at the time when I was first learning about makeup. My mom bought it and didn't like it. Unlike me, she has very short and stubborn lashes while mine are relatively long and thick (DON'T HATE ME) I REALLY love this mascara.

First of all the brush is ENORMOUS. It is one of the "teddy bear" brushes that is meant to provide volume, not so much length. It has really nice bristles that can on some people cause clumping but my trick to that is to ALWAYS scrape most of the product off on the lip of the opening. Working in small layers of mascara is much easier to do and often provides better results :)

I have it in the color blackened brown and it is basically the same color as my lashes so it provides a really natural look, but it can be layered more to provide a more dramatic look if you want it to be that way. Me, I like to keep it natural.

I've had mine probably longer than I should so my idea of the formula may be a little off, but I find it to be a drier formula which works for my lashes really well.

The green packaging of this product is really cute and I like it a lot. It does feel just slightly cheap though but that isn't really a big problem. The tube I think is a tad larger than the average but that doesn't really matter xD

Overall an awesome mascara and I definitely suggest it! But if you're hesitant, head to Ulta and but it there. They have an awesome return policy for opened and used products :)

UPDATE: I still love this mascara, and realized that as of this year I have been using it on and off for almost 4 years! I almost never buy the same mascara twice. If I hate it I return it and get this instead. This is my benchmark for mascaras because it works so perfectly for me!

UPDATE2: I will never stray from you again my wonderful Grow Luscious. I went on a crazy mascara kick a couple weeks back, buying crazy expensive ones that paled in comparison to this one! HOLY GRAIL STATUS ACHIEVED.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2012 11:07:00 PM More reviews by xpgr1

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

I really love this product. I agree with a lot of people about the brush. It is way to bulky, and might be better with a tip that has bristles, so we can still have the huge brush, but be able to coat every lash. I don't know. I'm just throwing out some ideas. But, I love this mascara for the formula. It is not too thick or thin, so it molds perfectly with your lashes. Also, it doesn't do a bad job of holding a curl. It is nice and lengthening, which is what I look for in a mascara. But, it gives a nice amount of volume, too. It is really build-able, but can also be toned down for a natural look. The only problem I really have with this aside from the brush is that the stopper in the tube doesn't do a good job of removing excess mascara from the wand. But other than that, I really like this product and recommend it to anyone who likes great length and some volume.

EDIT!!!

I used the black shimmer colour before. That was great, and I loved it. But, the problem I had with it was that it was not black enough for my naturally black lashes. I just got the regular waterproof formula in blackest black, and while it is very black, it flakes like nobody's business! Also, it does not hold a curl at all. It is also NOT waterproof. I don't know if it was just mine, but I think I will stick to my Tarte Lights, Camera, Lashes mascara. I have to take off a lippie, because revlon needs to be more consistent with the formulas.

EDIT: EDIT!!!

I found out they have a regular non waterproof black! I love it again. I just wouldn't recommend the waterproof version.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/22/2012 5:42:00 PM More reviews by clumpedmascara

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Pros: I do see a difference in my lashes. Not much in length, but they do seem a bit thicker. It also gives nice, natural looking length.

Cons: The brush is way too big to get to every lash! It's also not very buildable, get's clumpy for me at times.

I don't hate this mascara, but I don't plan on buying it again.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/21/2012 12:48:00 AM More reviews by kaitlynxo95

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This mascara does work very well with lengthening, however it will not make your lashes grow. They say that it will for a marketing gimmick and because you've got it in your head that you lashes are going to grow, and so you start to believe they have.
Another thing I didn't like about this mascara was how much it smudged. The longer your lashes are the more it's going to smudge. One day I put a little bit more on than usual (I usually only wear a tiny bit) and it completely smudged underneath my eyes. It was so embarrassing to think I'd been walking around all day with the mascara under my eyes.
On the plus side, I've had it for about 2 months now and it still hasn't dried out.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2012 1:13:00 PM More reviews by Newyearsgirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOOOOOOOOOVE THIS MASCARA!!!!!!!! Just got it today, and I haven't been able to believe how GREAT my lashes look! :-D First of all, I have naturally long, dark, curly lashes. I'm good with clear mascara, but today, my mom bought it and I asked to try it (I've been on a week-long hunt for a new,good mascara). I normally don't share mascara, but my mom is so healthy that I had no reason to resist. Since I was getting ready to go to an event, I thought it might be a nice time to try something new---and boy am I glad I did! My lashes are so UNBELIEVABLY and BEAUTIFULLY LONG AND FULL that they can be seen ACROSS THE ROOM! THANKS MOM! :-D Best of all, I always strive for natural-looking makeup, and this fits the bill! I have it in black shimmer, which is nice. I haven't seen the shimmer on my lashes, but they do have an almost glossed look; I'm guessing that that's the shimmer's effect. I know that LONG and FULL doesn't sound like it would look natural, but it does on me! :-D I will be keeping this mascara as a makeup bag staple FOR SURE! I'll probably even pick up the waterproof formulation this summer. I'm predominately a HE girl when it comes to makeup, but I love cheap products that perform...and this is one of them! Without a doubt, it's my top mascara! While Rimmel's Volume Accelerator is next for it's lightness, this one looks better and more natural. It looks almost like you stained your lashes and then used a serum on top. LOVE IT! :-D

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2012 10:02:00 AM More reviews by Auguststars

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is either my 1st or 2nd of my top five mascara loves! My other favorite is Avon's super shock. But this I think I love even more than super shock, because this actually does help your lashes grow! No joke, I have been monitoring the thickness, and I can see a major improvement! Along with the fact that it helps grow your lashes, it's long lasting, doesn't flake, gives great volume, but it also does a certain something wonderful for length! I have tried everything from diorshow to wet n wild, and this is still my go-to mascara!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/14/2012 9:27:00 PM More reviews by SarahC1086

I like this mascara. I have tried several different brands, expensive and non-expensive & this is one of my top picks. My eyelashes are not very long but with this mascara, they appear to be a lot longer & fuller. I am not sure if they are growing because of this mascara, but it could be quite possible. For the price, this mascara was worth it.