December 22, 2014 | 1353 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Almay - Non-Oily Eye Makeup Remover Pads

rated 4 of 5 on 2/20/2010 4:46:00 PM More reviews by KRomano

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this worked fairly well, it takes off most of my maleup with the exception of my waterproof mascara, i will definetly repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/20/2010 2:26:00 AM More reviews by sugarbrokespice

Can't say I'm a fan of this product. Since the label on the jar called it "America's #1 Eye Makeup Remover" I kinda expected more out of this.
I had to use one pad per eye, and even then it still didn't take off all of my makeup. I normally use Almay's Moisturizing Eye Makeup Remover liquid, and that stuff is so concentrated that I only need to use one cotton ball for both eyes with that product.
So, to go from being able to get away with using one cotton ball to remove all of my eye makeup to needing multiple pads seems less economical to me. I will go through this product a lot faster than the liquid, not to mention make more waste. And that is a pretty big negative in my mind, especially in this day and age when everyone is trying to go green and reduce waste.
That aside, the pads still didn't seem to get rid of all of my eye makeup. I felt like I had to almost scrub my eyes with the pad just to get it all off. Sorry, but I don't want to use any product on my eyes that requires the same amount of force that I use when I'm scrubbing my bathtub.
On the plus side, it didn't seem to irritate my sensitive eyes, nor did it dry out the delicate skin around my eye area. However, since I like an eye makeup remover that is a little more effective, I won't repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2010 3:38:00 AM More reviews by Zaiynab

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It's nice to have the pads and the remover all in one, I couldn't find plain pads for regular eye-makeup remover in the store I was looking in so I got this. It works wonderfully for eyeshadow, and can get it all of in usually one swipe, but I had to rub a lot to get my eyeliner off (both for liquid eyeliner and pencil eyeliner), and it stung a little and just took too much effort. It makes me not even want to wear eyeliner to save myself the trouble of getting it off! I'll use the rest, but I'll get a different kind in the future.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2010 2:24:00 PM More reviews by kellywilson0

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Coarse Eyes: Green

This has become my go-to eye makeup remover. From reading the reviews, it doesn't seem like this product works for everyone (then again, what product actually DOES work for everyone haha), but it works fantastically for me. With the normal amount of eye makeup that I wear on a daily basis, I can get my mascara (waterproof!), eyeliner, and eyeshadow off with one pad per eye.

I've been using these pads for about 6 months now, and I've never once had them burn or sting my eyes...no irritation whatsoever, even when I use them to remove makeup directly from my waterline. If you're looking for a new eye makeup remover, I'd suggest you give these a try!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/5/2010 8:24:00 PM More reviews by tropical_dreams15

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

These just did not work for me. They made my eyes all red and it stung horribly. I've been trying them out for a while thinking that my eyes would become accustomed to the formula but that didn't happen. It didn't even do that good of a job at removing my eye-makeup anyways. I didn't like the fact that you had to reach into the tub to pull-out a pad wither. It would be better if they had a dispenser of sorts like face wipes or something. I will not repurchase this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2010 9:35:00 PM More reviews by jmotluck

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is my only eye make up remover. Very reasonable and get the job done.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2010 9:25:00 PM More reviews by XalisaheartsmakeupX

These are my everyday makeup remover pads. Love them, they get everything off! They don't burn my eyes, or leave an oily residue like others I've tried, yuck. looooove:)

rated 1 of 5 on 12/31/2009 1:25:00 PM More reviews by Cristina323

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

For some reason these pads just didn't agree with my eyes. I'd use them and my eyes would water and sting. It did take the makeup off, but it's just not worth the discomfort.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2009 2:28:00 AM More reviews by scopingforyou

PROS: Not oily. Works great for me. Doesn't hurt my eyes. Leaves a slight moisture (watery consistency) for just a moment on my eyes, but dries on its own if left. No film at all left on my eye.

CONS: There aren't any for me, except when I need to remove waterproof mascara. For how I do that, see bottom part of my review.

USAGE TIPS: If the pads don't seem to have enough product on them, just turn the container upside down for a night or two and it will even out.

ALTERNATES: Paula's Choice makeup remover removes my waterproof mascara better than anything else I've tried. (Well, I've had some that work almost as well, but they burn the hell out of my eyes or leave an oily film.)

****Those calling these oily must be speaking of the "moisturizing" version that must be better for waterproof mascara. But they are oily. I don't like them.****

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2009 2:59:00 AM More reviews by PinkSyringes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This makeup remover quickly removes all my eye makeup. If I am just wearing mascara, (Tarte- Lights, Cameras, Lashes) and only one color of eyeshadow without primer I can use one pad for both my eyes and remove all the makeup. For a look with lots more color and makeup, one pad per eye works well. There is no greasy residue, but it does make my eye area feel a little sticky, but that can be taken care of when I wash my face. Overall I like the product formula but would love for it to be in a bottle rather then in a pad, I think it would last a lot longer and I could decide how much product I want to use based on how much makeup I have on. I wouldn't buy again, but I will definitely use it all up! If you like the convience to the product being predispensed on the pad then it's for you!
Edit: Been using this a lot, I got it as a stocking stuffer, and lately it has been making eyes burn. Don't like it too much after that!