September 18, 2014 | 936 users online

Makeup Brushes - Sigma - F80 Flat Top Synthetic Kabuki (was SS197)

rated 4 of 5 on 10/10/2012 1:04:00 PM More reviews by Gunmetal21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really love this brush! Puts on my makeup much better than I've accomplished with other brushes. I do notice a bit of skin aggravation with my rosacea, but it's minor.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2012 9:37:00 PM More reviews by mzjade22

I was using the ELF Flat Top brush, but after a while it started to shed, and wouldnt really get clean and I was just over it. I like how soft and dense the Sigma brush is, it buffs my foundation to perfection. It cleans well and I only saw a tiny bit of shedding the first time I washed it. I definitely think Im going to get a couple more of their kabuki brushes

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2012 1:29:00 AM More reviews by HunterGray

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

To be completely honest, I was somewhat underwhelmed with this brush. Even though I have foundation brushes that work really well for me, I saw how many people on YouTube loved this brush, and decided to check it out.

I find that this works pretty well with cream foundation, not so well with liquid. For me, I like to buff my foundation on to really work it into the skin, then stipple over the areas that need more coverage and/or smoothing out. With creams (maybelline dream smooth and Revlon CS Whipped), I found that stippling gave a beautiful finish, but it applied the foundation a lot more heavily than I liked. I feel like the bristles are too stiff to work properly with buffing, and I was left with streaks with the liquids I tried (Revlon CS, Laura Mercier Silk Cream), and stippling looked patchy (when tried with liquids).

One type of foundation this worked really well with was mineral foundation. It gave me medium/full coverage (when used with bare minerals), and buffed it in beautifully. The only problem is that my $3 elf flat top brush gives me the same results.

It's not a bad brush, but for me and my skin, there are others that do a better job. I have a feeling this will be great for cream blushes and contours (the flat edge will be especially useful), so I'll keep it around.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2012 2:00:00 PM More reviews by NewLookBabe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I used to apply my foundation with the fingers because it was easier for me than using a foundation brush. I read so good reviews about this one that I decided to give it a try and WOW! It's AMAZING how it sets the foundation. Now I have a wonderful flawless skin, many people that I know has noticed it. So what I say is that every woman must have this brush, it's essential. There are no reasons for not buying the sigma brush F80!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2012 1:40:00 PM More reviews by MelissaTC

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am in love. This is the best foundation brush I have tried. It is easy to use, provides a flawless application and does not shed.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2012 1:58:00 PM More reviews by lehzheng

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

What a very, very soft and fluffy brush. I've been collecting brushes from mac for a year and though my collection isnt necessarily what you might call "complete", it's darn close! I have all the duo fibres for foundation application, but none are as easy to use as this one! Stipple, swirl, swipe, this foundation brush can do it all! Doesnt shed, feels great on the skin and is so easy to use! Did I mention it costs half as much as the notorious 187? sold!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2012 4:37:00 PM More reviews by neurosciguy

Love this brush! Makes my foundation go on so well and leaves a beautiful airbrushed effect. Use to use a stippling brush for my liquid foundations (which I still prefer for powder) but for my Studio fix fluid or Pro Longwear this is my go-to. Bristles are really dense and I like that because I know it's actually moving the product around. The only downside is that it takes a couple days to dry because it's so darn thick, but it's worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2012 2:58:00 PM More reviews by sierravictorindia

I have no words ... absofuc*inglutely perfect brush for liquid foundation or tinted moisturizer. every positive review that I've read about sigma f80 is true. only one thing that I don't like about it is cleaning ... it takes little more effort.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2012 10:48:00 AM More reviews by Scotiabelle

F80, 84 and 82. Got them all love them all. The F80 is amazing but I probably prefer the angled F84. I much prefer it to the Real Techniques which feels so cheap and rough in comparison. Sigma all the way for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2012 4:18:00 PM More reviews by jadorelechoc

Excellent brush for liquid or creamy foundations, ultra soft and buffs in foundation really well. Has never shed hair or disappointed me in any way. Helps apply a thin, even layer of foundation and the result is lovely. I have heard people slightly complain about the time this brush needs to dry when washed, but for me, being located in Greece, this is not the case. It has never taken more than a few hours to be completely dry all the way in and ready to use. What I dislike about it, is its fat handle that I find is not very convenient for a good grip. I have had this for approximately two years and it looks brand new. If it falls apart, I would most probably repurchase.