April 19, 2014 | 1792 users online

Lash Treatments - Careprost (Generic Brand Latisse) [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 4 of 5 on 11/21/2011 11:41:00 PM More reviews by ClassicdivaX

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I started using Careprost on 10/24/11. I ordered from ADC and have had very good experience with them so far. I actually made a second purchase about two weeks ago and just received that order today. Anyway, it will be 4 weeks in a few days and I have had significant growth already. Now I am going to say that I had just removed my lash extensions so my lashes were all broken off nubs. I am not sure if the growth is due to Careprost or just my natural growth cycle just yet, but my lashes do seem longer than they used to be! They are currently 1/4 an inch.I haven't experienced any side effects at all!I will continue to use and update this review...so far so good!
    Update 12/13/11: It will be 7 weeks since I began using Careprost in two days. Well I have to say that the results are awesome! My lashes are significantly longer! I haven't had any side effects really except some minor eyelid tenderness say if I rub my eyes. My lashes are beautiful! I can't wait to see the result at 16 weeks! I posted a pic so go check it out!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2011 8:57:00 PM More reviews by bernb

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

MY CAREPROST DIARY:
    After reading about Careprost (and Latisse) on MUA I enthusiastically jumped on the Careprost bandwagon.
    I am now into my thirties, and my once long, thick lashes are losing their ‘lustre’ – I also had some spots in my eyebrows that needed filling in.
    I decided to share my Careprost journey with MUA.
    I would like to note – my hair and skin does heal/grow fast compared to just about everyone I know, so I anticipate my results to be faster than average. Example – I have to pluck my eyebrows on a daily basis, and an underarm epilation only lasts a week and a half. My fingernails grow from cut down nubs to well past my fingertips within two weeks.
    How Careprost Latisse works – the active ingredient is Bimatoprost. The mode of operation that is ‘believed’ to occur is that it lengthens the duration of the anagen phase of the hair cycle, which is the growth phase. If you elongate this part of the cycle, the hair shaft will have a chance to grow longer before entering the catagen (transitional) and telogen (resting) phases.
    Application:
    I bought two taklon brushes from an art store – a fine line one for my lashes, and an angle one for my brows. I drop two drops into the lid and apply to my lash line first, then another two drops for my eyebrows. I am very particular about application – making sure I only apply to the desired areas, and cover the area thoroughly but not excessively. I apply at night before bed.
    EDIT: I used Careprost on my eyebrows for 8 weeks only. From then on I started using only one drop on my eyelashes – two drops was too much.
    Week 1 (7-Sep-2011):
    First two days I experienced discomfort and pressure within the eyes, similar to that experienced with sinus problems - resolved by day 3. Eyes are bloodshot for first three days – resolved by day 4. First four days I had a little dryness and flaking close to the lash line, nothing serious and not painful - resolved by day 5. Some redness around the eyes, not painful – resolved by day 7. Notice that the area around the eye is becoming a little darker, akin to dark circles (I do not have a problem with dark circles). Not as apparent by day 7. Allergy eye drops in the first few days helped alleviate the bloodshot eyes.
    Week 2 (14-Sep-2011):
    Redness has almost resolved. Still some darkness around the eyes and along the lash line – nothing terrible, easily covered up, not very noticeable with a bare face/eyes and just mascara. All initial irritation as described in week 1 has completely resolved. Have noticed a little extra growth already – most apparent with the centre and inner corner lashes. Outer corner lashes seem longer, but the effect is not as apparent there yet.
    Week 3 (21-Sep-2011) & Week 4 (28-Sep-2011):
    The darkness around my eyes has completely resolved. Still have the odd day where my eyes are a little bloodshot, still easily fixed with allergy eye drops. Most prominent side effect at the moment is dry eyes when I wake up, which I am prone to anyway - this has just exacerbated the problem. Immediately relieved with moisturising eye drops. Definite noticeable growth - I tinted my lashes on the 24th, and by the 29th I can see some blonde roots poking through the lash line again already. SO has also commented on the increased length of my lashes from my side profile. Still plenty of solution in my first bottle. No discernible change to my eyebrows yet.
    Week 5 (5-Oct-2011) to week 7 (19-Oct-2011):
    Still getting good results. Finally seeing some filling in of my eyebrows. Had one 'wonky' eyelash that I had to pull out - the end looked bent. Still occasionally wake up with bloodshot eyes, nothing bad. I do have what looks like slight dark circles around my eyes some days - but, my sleep pattern is also a little messed up right now. Growth of my lashes seems a bit stagnant at the moment - but I am only halfway through the treatment cycle of 16 weeks.
    *Finished my first bottle on October 8 – lasted one month using four drops per day*
    Week 8 (26-Oct-2011) to week 11 (16-Nov-2011):
    Stopped using Careprost on my eyebrows in week 8 and had them professionally shaped (see my profile for pic). I am now very happy with how my eyebrows have grown in and consider my treatment of those complete.
    During week 9, I lost a lot of eyelashes, predominantly from my right eye. I was very concerned initially. I ended up with uneven eyelashes for the next few weeks while they grew back. It wasn’t overly noticeable – I managed to balance it out with mascara.
    I am no longer experiencing any unpleasant side effects – the last few weeks have been completely symptom free. No redness, and the darkness has well and truly gone. I have not noticed any discernible change in pigment anywhere, either of my eyelashes or my eyes themselves.
    In my humble opinion, my lashes now look incredible.
    By week 11, they have grown in well on both sides, and are well balanced. The lashes are thick and long. My only complaint is that the ends of some of my lashes curl a little in weird directions. This is easily corrected with a heated eyelash curler and some mascara.
    I am still using my second bottle of Careprost, which has lasted me since my fifth week.
    I have switched to using the angled brush to apply Careprost to my lash line. I have found this to be quicker and easier than using a fine pointed brush, plus I can rub it into the lash line a little better.
    Overall, 11 weeks in and my experience with Careprost has thus far been a success. I am extremely happy with the results and I will continue to use it.
    I am unsure if I will get any more growth as I am almost at week 12. I will report back at week 16 to do my final diary entry.

20 out of 20 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/5/2011 11:31:00 PM More reviews by beautyobsessed

This really works. I am 8 weeks in and my lashes are noticeably longer. The only complaint I have is it doesn't make your lashes darker or thicker, but it definitely makes it longer and beautiful. I'll take it! Wearing mascara takes care of the dark and thick part :)

I apply the product on my top and bottom lash line nightly. I started to see noticeable results about 5-6 weeks in. You will need to be patient, but it does work. I absolutely love it.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2011 3:34:00 PM More reviews by angelixia07

I am really loving this stuff. I've been using it for about 2 months now almost every night and my lashes are thicker and more than twice as long. I have short and sparse Asian lashes that used to be barely noticeable even with mascara but they are now long enough to be seen without any mascara, just a curl. It's really fantastic and easy to apply with a liner brush and one bottle lasts quite a while.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2011 4:17:00 PM More reviews by Moremi

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Yes it works. (Before & after PICS enclosed)
    My first bottle lasted 3 months. Now, I'm on my second one. At first, I was scared that my lashes would grow too long. Not a problem. W/o mascara it looks natural, /w mascara it almost looks fake.

Week 4: Uneven result. I had a few really long ones, while the other were short as before. They were all slightly thiker and darker, but only I could notice.
    Week 8: You can clearly see result. My lashes were a bit too curly on the outer corners.
    12: Not curly anymore. You can see real result, and I got lots of compliments.
    16: Not a huge difference from week 12, but they are more even.

16+ I lots an eyelash and decided to measure it... 1 cm! Isn't that sick?

The only drawback??? I have problem curling them all at the same time, therefore I have to use a smaller curler for the outer corners.

Before:
    After:

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/24/2011 8:41:00 AM More reviews by chriscindrella

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have used Lumigan generic brand of lattise and have not tried careprost. Lumigan as effective as what you people have mentioedn about careprost. I got it online at Internationaldrugmart.com

Reference of how the drug looks like is at http://www.internationaldrugmart.com/latisse.html

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2011 6:09:00 PM More reviews by lala1983

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I have been using Bimatoprost for nearly two years now. I started using the brand Lumigan, but now have found Careprost which is cheaper. Its the same active ingredient, bimatoprost thats makes the hair grow, (the same as in Latisse too) so its basically the same stuff with a price added for the brand. When I started using Lumigan I applied it religiously morning and night using a drop or two on the upper lash line only. I would squeeze a drop onto the lash line and use the little nozzle to rub it into the lashes. After a month I got disheartened as I saw no results, but the before and after pics I found online inspired me to keep going, after two months I noticed a subtle difference, then after 3 months... BAM! Massive lashes. The length really increased, my lashes are still quite straight but the volume increased enough so they dont look spidery but not too much to look too hairy. When I curl my lashes I get mascara below my eyebrows as my lashes touch there and it rubs off! Everybody comments on my lashes and assumes they are fake. They are still fair though so I have to use mascara. I noticed that my eyelids would sometimes be slightly red and tender so I would stop using for a day or two and it would go away. I havent had any other side effects apart from a few hairs gorwing around my tear ducts, as I now only use it 2-3 times a week these have gone but the growth has not dimished. I had a period of about 6 weeks of not using and I noticed a few shorted hairs, so I think you do need to 'top up' a few times a week to keep the change. I think the results you get depend on your eyelashes, if they are very thick they might get a bit unruly, and if they are very thin spidery, but it will definately increase them somewhat. I think its very important to apply EVERYDAY, for atleast three months to see results. I order mine from a website called usaphamacypills, which ships to the UK and have not had any problems despite my reservations with those type of sites. My order once got lost and they sent out a replacement so they are legit.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2011 9:38:00 PM More reviews by Alaska1987

Best product ever! I could never live without it! :D

rated 3 of 5 on 10/20/2011 1:43:00 AM More reviews by Photogenic

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've read a lot of review for eyelash growth. I read Latisse works but it is just way too expensive for my budget. The generic Careprost & lumigan are my other options, but more and more are using Careprost so I joined the wagon.
    I received my Careprost on 10/7/11. I start using it on 10/11/11. Today is the 8th day of using Careprost daily on my upper & lower lashes. If there is any growth at all, it is very subtle, although i noticed some of my eyelashes were curling. My lashes are very straight. I think my lower eyelashes showed some lengthening but not my upper eyelashes. I will post my updates on a weekly basis.

10/25/11 - next update..

rated 4 of 5 on 10/19/2011 10:50:00 AM More reviews by marylove

Okay I am a lash obsessed person. I've been doing my research for a while now and I read a lot of negative reviews on Lattisse which made me think twice about purchasing it.

However after reading reviews on Careprost (even though they have the identical ingredients) I got a more positive vibe from the responses so I decided to give in.

I was a bit skeptical about ordering from ADC because of the fraudulent activities a lot of users had raised concerns about. However, I did not experience any problems and received my package within a week! I would def order again.

Its been about a week since I’ve started Careprost and so far I haven’t had any negative symptoms other users mentioned such as red eyes, headaches, or crusty upper lids. I guess it depends on the individual. I am going to rate this a 3 so far since I have just started, I will post back in 6 weeks and then again in 16-18 weeks to share my results!

----
    Ok I am posting after 16 full weeks. My lashes are a bit longer, nothing super noticeable or that has me jumping up and down. Careprost has definitely helped them lengthen out a tad bit, but I didnt get results like other previous people have mentioned.

The product does leave a dark redding mark around your upperlid. I feel like my under eye bags also darkened because of the product.

I also think they might be watering out the product.

Ill give it 4/5 only because there was a difference but again nothing to have me over the top. MIGHT Be different on everyone.