July 31, 2014 | 2047 users online

Lash Treatments - Careprost (Generic Brand Latisse)

rated 4 of 5 on 1/6/2012 12:36:00 AM More reviews by kakari89

WARNING: There are UGLY side-effects in the LONG-RUN in using these Glaucoma medications. Please read this link: http://bmctoday.net/crstoday/2011/07/article.asp?f=prostagla. As of today, I am officially ending my use of this product; the risks of having a disfigured eye in the long-run is too great! PLEASE TAKE CAUTION! (3/22/12)

Time of Treatment: I started this product in November, though I forget if it was in the beginning, middle, or end of the month. Now, it's the first week of January. Therefore, I've been using Careprost for about 2 months so far.

Results: To be honest, my lashes ARE a bit longer but not drastic enough to have me jump up and down, screaming, "OMG, this works!" I actually took a before and after picture, and the length difference is very subtle.

UPDATE: 02/16/12
OMG, my lashes are like lash-extension long to the point where people ask if they are real, lol. When I put on my mascara, it's like Kim Kardashian gifted me with her lashes. This stuff really works. Downside is . . . I have really bad eye circles now. I don't know if it's the stress or this product, but the darkness is also on my upper eyelids . . . so . . . I'm pretty sure it's the product. Now, I have to put on concealer everyday around my eyes . . . I don't know if I'm ever going to get used to that since I barely wear makeup.

To the point: Yes, it works -very well I might add, but in exchange for pretty, fluttery lashes, you get panda eyes. What's your pick?

rated 2 of 5 on 12/14/2011 9:26:00 PM More reviews by Mishkyn

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I brought 3 bottles of this product twice. The first time I used the product, it took about 10 weeks, but the growth---length and thickness---was amazing.

There was a time before I began using the 3rd bottle when the lashes went back to "normal," then grew again, but not as much as before.

When I ordered the 2nd set of 3 bottles, the first bottle was obviously not full, went through it in about 1/4 of the time the other 3 bottles lasted.

I am half way through the second bottle and there is NO lash growth to match the first time around. I think they are watering down this product. How could I go from nearly double my normal length to barely a teeny bit longer half way through the 5th bottle? Very very disappointed.

Been reading reviews and MD Lash Factor seems to be the best deal around both price wise and length wise. May try them next.

7 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/14/2011 9:25:00 PM More reviews by kristinsor

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I have been using Careprost on my eyelashes and eyebrows. I have fine blonde lashes and while I don't notice much of a change in color, I certainly do in length. I have never had thick eyebrows, just long, and Careprost is doing an excellent job at adding more hair to my upper brows. I must say that Careprost does make my eye area dry and a bit itchy, though. I also feel like my dark circles are darker on this drug. I often take a night off and occasionally use lubricated eye drops to help with the dryness.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2011 9:39:00 AM More reviews by missxcindii

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

FREAKING AMAZING!!!!! I wish I had taken pictures before and after. This is my 2nd time using this product. The first time I used for about 4 months last year and saw results within 1 month. I decided to stop using it because it caused darkness around my eyes. I just started up again about 2 months ago and am just now seeing results, but they are amazing. It's like my lashes grew in overnight. They've doubled in length AND volume. They're so long at this point that they curl on there own without an eyelash curler. All you need is some mascara and they look like false lashes. I highly recommend. IT WORKS.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/13/2011 2:42:00 PM More reviews by DLo323

~~~~HELP~~~~
I've used careprost for over 4months and I'M noticing my lashes falling out. i don't mean just like one or two, i mean like tiny gaps between my lash line. i also noticed they are shorter than what i initially had them.. i did read somewhere which indicated they fall off after the 3rd-4th wk of growing cycle. But prior to me using this product i never noticed my lashes going through cycles. IS SOMEONE OUT THERE EXPERIENCING SUCH THING???? IS THIS PART OF THE SIDE EFFECTS OF CAREPROST???
---> i have stopped using careprost due to this, i don't know if i should continue using it or not!!! =0(
(they did grow long, received tons of compliments, but my lashes r horrible now)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2011 4:33:00 PM More reviews by Kathya444

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Hi! This is my first review post ever. I am 46 years old and noticed thinning lashes, so I did quite a bit of research and finally decided on purchasing Careprost.

I ordered my first supply via Amazon.com and it arrived on the 5th of December. The product arrived and I started using it the same night. I took before pics and will post my results when this product starts doing its magic.

I wanted to write this post because I know so many of my colleagues won't try it due to the warning labels indicating that it could possibly change the color of your iris. Well, some other MUA posters did their research, too. So, that said, I have also jumped on the bandwagon.

I have a medium olive complection and even with evening use, I do not notice any stinging, darkening of my lash line (yet!) and no bloodshot eyes. I think that the longer I continue to use this product, perhaps the chances are greater that they will darken, but so far, nothing.

I also followed the advice of fellow MUA friends who suggested using less of this product by buying a thin eyeliner brush. I do the same thing--put one drop in the small well at the top of the cap, dip my eyeliner brush and apply to my top lash line only. Then, one more dip into the same drop and apply to the top lash line of the second eyelid. Then, I wash the tip of my eyeliner brush--just to keep everything as clean as possible--and I let the brush dry during the day. By evening time, the brush is dry again and ready for another application.

First day of use (12/5/11)

Update (12/10/11): Results so far, no results in terms of length. I'm sure I'll have to be patient like the rest of you and wait another 2-3 weeks before I notice anything. Just in time for holiday pictures! :) I don't know if it's me, but I can see a little lash darkening already. Will update more on the 17th.

Update (12/22/11): I"m a little late in my update, but I didn't really have much to update on the 17th. So, what I've noticed is tiny little hairs now starting to grow at the base of my lash line near the inner corners of both eyes. Not seeing much in the way of length yet but I haven't been using this long enough (not yet 3 weeks) to see anything yet. I hear that 4 weeks is the time you kind of notice anything so I'm being patient. :) I haven't experienced anything in the way of bloodshot eyes, irritation, itchiness, etc. I am following the advice of many others who encourage using a very fine eyeliner brush to apply the drops to my lashline. I agree that one drop is plenty for both eyes, otherwise you have to wipe away the excess drops and waste product.

I will update more in about a week's time. Merry Christmas, everyone!

Update (03 Jan 2012): Can't believe it but I'm not even a month into using this product and I'm amazed at the results so far! I can definitely see eyelash growth and although it's very subtle, it's noticeable to me. (see pics on my profile page--not the best quality photos but if you compare the pics, you'll notice, too). I've experienced a little redness in both eyes but not enough to make me stop using the products. I haven't used eyedrops yet, but I think I may go that route. So far, the side effects of this product (just a slight annoying dryness and tiny redness--all minor). No eye color change...so far, so good! I'll update in another couple of weeks. Happy New Year!

Update (08 Jan 2012): Wow...I'm not seeing massively long lashes but there are certainly some really long ones coming in!!! I'm super excited about this. I will say this...I started to get a bit irritated with the product due to 'dry eye' feeling, so instead of using one 'heaping' drop to apply to both eyes, I just let the bottle drop naturally into the cap and used a smaller amount for both eyes. I'm still enjoying the same results, LESS irritation and LOVING the already longer lashes. I'm sure I'll see better results in a full two months. So far, I'm a little over a month into using this product on a nightly basis. GREAT so far!!! Will post eyelash photos at 8 weeks!

Update (21 Feb 2012): AMAZING!!!! I LOVE Careprost! At 8 weeks, I took more pictures. They were with mascara, but even with it, you can STILL tell that my lashes are quite noticeably longer. Three of my close friends are now going to order the product. They are amazed at how terrific my lashes look. I even posted a picture of what they look like today with mascara. For a full report of my review, you can go to my blog at http://www.kali9designs.blogspot.com/2012/02/my-experience-with-careprost.html

10 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/1/2011 5:24:00 AM More reviews by Mirmana

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I just got my Careprost package three weeks ago. I ordered it from ADC and the shipping takes ages, plus they charge 25 dollars for the shipping only (next time I'd like to order with someone else, so if you live in the Netherlands please contact me :))

In short: product is easy to apply, noticed irritation and redness in the morning but this has gradually become less over the weeks, noticed a very minor change in the last few days.

So, I've been obsessing over my lashes for the last 4 years. It's not that I've tried everything, but I did try a few things. I was wearing false lashes a couple of years ago on a daily basis, so that pretty much screwed up my lashes even more. I tried castor oil, olive oil, the beer pills, some mascara that was supposed to increase the growth. But since I was also wearing false lashes at the time I can't really tell if any of it worked. I just assume it didn't.
Of course I was thrilled when I read the reviews about Latisse/Careprost, was this the product I've been searching for? It took me 2 years to finally decide I'd try it, I mean.. the pictures don't lie.
I've been applying it every morning before I put on my make-up and in the evening after I removed my make-up. The first week I noticed some irritation and redness in my eyes. They were also a little bit ''glued'' together as I woke up. This became less over the weeks, though the redness sometimes still pops up. I experienced headaches but can't tell if it's related. I am very sensitive overall, mind you.
Now, the results. My lashes are really light and short (redhead), they do curl a bit upwards though. Only the last couple of days I've noticed they're a little, little, little bit fuller (some more tiny lashes?) and just a tiny bit longer, though it's barely noticeable - I can only see it if I put on one layer of mascara. There are some lashes that stick out a little. I can't say they became stronger.
I have been wearing false lashes occasionally and there was a period of 4 days that I haven't used it. So taking that in account I'm fairly satisfied.

As I've read in the reviews that the growing will start at three months and you'll really see results later on, I can't wait until I see my lashes reach for the sky. I will update!

UPDATE 22/12/11 (5/6 weeks)

I have become a bit sloppy in applying because I often forget to bring the stuff with me when I go and sleep somewhere else. But there have been some changes. I noticed a slight difference without mascara, but when I put on mascara the difference is really apparent. Though I havent experienced the WOW-effect, I actually like the size of my lashes now. In the past I had to keep on applying mascara before I was remotely satisfied, now I only put on two layers and my lashes look more naturally beautiful. However, Im still hoping for the WOW-effect - if my lashes become long enough Im going to dye them so I dont need to put on mascara all the time.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/21/2011 11:41:00 PM More reviews by ClassicdivaX

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I started using Careprost on 10/24/11. I ordered from ADC and have had very good experience with them so far. I actually made a second purchase about two weeks ago and just received that order today. Anyway, it will be 4 weeks in a few days and I have had significant growth already. Now I am going to say that I had just removed my lash extensions so my lashes were all broken off nubs. I am not sure if the growth is due to Careprost or just my natural growth cycle just yet, but my lashes do seem longer than they used to be! They are currently 1/4 an inch.I haven't experienced any side effects at all!I will continue to use and update this review...so far so good!
Update 12/13/11: It will be 7 weeks since I began using Careprost in two days. Well I have to say that the results are awesome! My lashes are significantly longer! I haven't had any side effects really except some minor eyelid tenderness say if I rub my eyes. My lashes are beautiful! I can't wait to see the result at 16 weeks! I posted a pic so go check it out!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2011 8:57:00 PM More reviews by bernb

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

MY CAREPROST DIARY:
After reading about Careprost (and Latisse) on MUA I enthusiastically jumped on the Careprost bandwagon.
I am now into my thirties, and my once long, thick lashes are losing their ‘lustre’ – I also had some spots in my eyebrows that needed filling in.
I decided to share my Careprost journey with MUA.
I would like to note – my hair and skin does heal/grow fast compared to just about everyone I know, so I anticipate my results to be faster than average. Example – I have to pluck my eyebrows on a daily basis, and an underarm epilation only lasts a week and a half. My fingernails grow from cut down nubs to well past my fingertips within two weeks.
How Careprost Latisse works – the active ingredient is Bimatoprost. The mode of operation that is ‘believed’ to occur is that it lengthens the duration of the anagen phase of the hair cycle, which is the growth phase. If you elongate this part of the cycle, the hair shaft will have a chance to grow longer before entering the catagen (transitional) and telogen (resting) phases.
Application:
I bought two taklon brushes from an art store – a fine line one for my lashes, and an angle one for my brows. I drop two drops into the lid and apply to my lash line first, then another two drops for my eyebrows. I am very particular about application – making sure I only apply to the desired areas, and cover the area thoroughly but not excessively. I apply at night before bed.
EDIT: I used Careprost on my eyebrows for 8 weeks only. From then on I started using only one drop on my eyelashes – two drops was too much.
Week 1 (7-Sep-2011):
First two days I experienced discomfort and pressure within the eyes, similar to that experienced with sinus problems - resolved by day 3. Eyes are bloodshot for first three days – resolved by day 4. First four days I had a little dryness and flaking close to the lash line, nothing serious and not painful - resolved by day 5. Some redness around the eyes, not painful – resolved by day 7. Notice that the area around the eye is becoming a little darker, akin to dark circles (I do not have a problem with dark circles). Not as apparent by day 7. Allergy eye drops in the first few days helped alleviate the bloodshot eyes.
Week 2 (14-Sep-2011):
Redness has almost resolved. Still some darkness around the eyes and along the lash line – nothing terrible, easily covered up, not very noticeable with a bare face/eyes and just mascara. All initial irritation as described in week 1 has completely resolved. Have noticed a little extra growth already – most apparent with the centre and inner corner lashes. Outer corner lashes seem longer, but the effect is not as apparent there yet.
Week 3 (21-Sep-2011) & Week 4 (28-Sep-2011):
The darkness around my eyes has completely resolved. Still have the odd day where my eyes are a little bloodshot, still easily fixed with allergy eye drops. Most prominent side effect at the moment is dry eyes when I wake up, which I am prone to anyway - this has just exacerbated the problem. Immediately relieved with moisturising eye drops. Definite noticeable growth - I tinted my lashes on the 24th, and by the 29th I can see some blonde roots poking through the lash line again already. SO has also commented on the increased length of my lashes from my side profile. Still plenty of solution in my first bottle. No discernible change to my eyebrows yet.
Week 5 (5-Oct-2011) to week 7 (19-Oct-2011):
Still getting good results. Finally seeing some filling in of my eyebrows. Had one 'wonky' eyelash that I had to pull out - the end looked bent. Still occasionally wake up with bloodshot eyes, nothing bad. I do have what looks like slight dark circles around my eyes some days - but, my sleep pattern is also a little messed up right now. Growth of my lashes seems a bit stagnant at the moment - but I am only halfway through the treatment cycle of 16 weeks.
*Finished my first bottle on October 8 – lasted one month using four drops per day*
Week 8 (26-Oct-2011) to week 11 (16-Nov-2011):
Stopped using Careprost on my eyebrows in week 8 and had them professionally shaped (see my profile for pic). I am now very happy with how my eyebrows have grown in and consider my treatment of those complete.
During week 9, I lost a lot of eyelashes, predominantly from my right eye. I was very concerned initially. I ended up with uneven eyelashes for the next few weeks while they grew back. It wasn’t overly noticeable – I managed to balance it out with mascara.
I am no longer experiencing any unpleasant side effects – the last few weeks have been completely symptom free. No redness, and the darkness has well and truly gone. I have not noticed any discernible change in pigment anywhere, either of my eyelashes or my eyes themselves.
In my humble opinion, my lashes now look incredible.
By week 11, they have grown in well on both sides, and are well balanced. The lashes are thick and long. My only complaint is that the ends of some of my lashes curl a little in weird directions. This is easily corrected with a heated eyelash curler and some mascara.
I am still using my second bottle of Careprost, which has lasted me since my fifth week.
I have switched to using the angled brush to apply Careprost to my lash line. I have found this to be quicker and easier than using a fine pointed brush, plus I can rub it into the lash line a little better.
Overall, 11 weeks in and my experience with Careprost has thus far been a success. I am extremely happy with the results and I will continue to use it.
I am unsure if I will get any more growth as I am almost at week 12. I will report back at week 16 to do my final diary entry.

20 out of 20 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/5/2011 11:31:00 PM More reviews by beautyobsessed

This really works. I am 8 weeks in and my lashes are noticeably longer. The only complaint I have is it doesn't make your lashes darker or thicker, but it definitely makes it longer and beautiful. I'll take it! Wearing mascara takes care of the dark and thick part :)

I apply the product on my top and bottom lash line nightly. I started to see noticeable results about 5-6 weeks in. You will need to be patient, but it does work. I absolutely love it.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No