August 30, 2014 | 1817 users online

Polishes - Rimmel - Lasting Finish Pro - Steel Grey

rated 4 of 5 on 6/3/2010 3:28:00 AM More reviews by hjv

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

A quality, affordable polish for the grey trend. It's a decent grey--maybe not the most spectacular kind of grey, if grey can be spectacular--but it's a very durable pollish. You do need at least 2 coats to get the right color, though

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2010 1:19:00 AM More reviews by kerroppi

I wanted to try Sally Hansen's Commander in Chic but didn't want to pay 8 bucks for polish so I opted for this since I put both on my nail at the store and couldn't tell the difference. The first coat was semi sheer so I was a bit worried, but with another coat, it evens out and the color is opaque. For comparison, it is lighter than OPI's "You don't know Jacques" and less brown than Essie's Mink Muff. It is gray with lavendar tones and maybe some brown. nice, solid, neutral color that is very trendy. Good brush to apply the polish too! Would repurchase!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/25/2010 9:26:00 PM More reviews by gracefuli274

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I bought this on a whim considering that it was cheaper than OPI nail polishes at $8. I am so glad that I did! This polish is such a high quality at an affordable price I would definitely recommend this to anyone. Btw, this polish is a dupe for OPI's Over the Taupe, which I had got done at a nail salon, except now I can get the same shade for a fraction of the price!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/23/2010 12:13:00 PM More reviews by annachristina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this because I wanted to try Metro Chic, but I didn't want to shell out $9 for a bottle.

This is a pretty taupe-y lavender and at 3.77 at WalMart, I'd buy again to use as a pretty break from China Glaze Recycle.

The formula was a bit weird (thin and watery, but goopy) at first and the square bottle is a little difficult to roll between my palms, but it's nothing intolerable. I really like the rounded, flat brush. It had a nice shine without a topcoat. I haven't done a test run yet, but I'll try it in a few different ways to see how best it wears.

I suppose I could wear this year round, but it looks like it would be better suited for the fall and winter months.

Another color option would be Sally Hansen Commander in Chic.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2010 10:03:00 PM More reviews by ilybella

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love it! Applicator is so easy to use, coats easily and FLAWLESSLY. 1 coat was pretty and 2 coats was GORGEOUS! Color is almost an exact dupe of Sephora by OPI's Metro Chic but so much more affordable. $3.49 at my CVS, cannot go wrong. Strongly recommended to anyone.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2010 9:37:00 PM More reviews by Justina17

I wanted to buy this color for a while but it is so far from what I usually wear. It was on sale (1/2 price - $2.50 CDN) too cheap to pass up.

I love the brush. I love how you can get to the edge of nail and not paint on the cuticle. I actually prefer to wear only one coat of this polish. It looks less intense, more sheer.

I'm also impressed on how lasting it really is, especially for a darker color. I put my hands through so much and after 2 days of abuse there were no chips.

Too bad there weren't any other colors that I liked.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/14/2010 10:58:00 PM More reviews by joyousjoy88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This polish is a great colour! I agree with previous reviews that the colour is very flattering. Although it is called steel grey, its more like a taupe colour. I saw on a YT guru video that mentioned the brush being wide and she said it was a good thing, but for me my nail bed isn't that wide so the brush is a bit difficult for me and I get streaks though a good top coat erases the streaks. It took about 2 or 3 coats to get a really nice opaque colour and by 3 coats its like too thick and yea not good. Overall a great neutral-like colour, that is from a cheaper brand.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/6/2010 8:27:00 PM More reviews by cole10

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have to side with the one reviewer who didn't like the color on..my skintone is on the warm tan side and this looked awful on me! I was dismayed because I have been seeing this color in various magazines and really wanted to try this very trendy color, but alas, it made my fingernails look like corpse bride.However the nail polish itself was wonderful and I would definitely pick it up in other colors. I am an OPI snob and I found this very comparable at half the price.
Update: Put this on on my fairer skinned teenage daughter and woo hoo! saw what all the hype is about...looks awesome on her. So...for me a no go but for her a home run:)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/6/2010 8:10:00 PM More reviews by cat070992

Pros:
-unique and very flattering color
-widely available
-pretty inexpensive, especially as it goes on sale often
-nail polish scent isn't overpowering

Cons:
-a bit streaky
-have to apply several coats in order for it to look nice
-not crazy about the brush, it's almost too wide and difficult to work with

Overall I like the color of this nail polish! I got several compliments on it. I wish the quality and packaging were a bit better but I will deal. I would probably repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2010 7:22:00 PM More reviews by ensgirl

I never write reviews but I loved this nail polish so much that I felt compelled to write one! I love having polished nails. However, if you know me, you'll notice that my nails are almost constantly chipped. The reason for this is that I have nails that cannot hold polish. It doesn't matter the brand (I've tried everything from Chanel to Wet 'N Wild and everything in between). It doesn't matter if I do my nails myself or if I get them professionally done. Whatever the case, I have never had polish last on my nails for more than a day or two without chipping. It's so bad that I've resigned to the fact that I can't have perfect polish beyond the first day and sadly walk around with chipped nails.

Then, two weeks ago, I purchased the Rimmel polish in Steel Grey. I only bought it because it was a color that I had been wanting to try out for so long and the price was inexpensive. I polished my nails when I got home. The brush was the flat-type that is common in a lot of the polishes nowadays. I find that the flat brush makes it easier to paint my nails more quickly than the regular brushes - it covers more surface area in one stroke. My nails are on the tiny side, so I was able to paint most of my nails in one stroke. I only needed 2 coats of polish and everything went on smoothly, with no streaks. The color was a beautiful greyish, purplish, taupe that is so hot right now. A good alternative to my usual range of dark/black. I finished it off with my Seche Vite top coat. I was happy with the results, but I was completely skeptical of the "Lasting Finish" claim.

Lo and behold, it is now 2 weeks later - 2 WEEKS!!!! My polish is still in tact for the most part. There is absolutely NO chipping on my left hand. My right hand experienced its first chip this morning in the shower and it was only a little bit on 1 finger! Every day that has gone by, I have stared down at my fingers in amazement. This is truly a first for me and I cannot stop jumping for joy at finally finding a product that lasts even on my stubborn nails! I'm going to go snatch up the other colors from this line!