October 21, 2014 | 1280 users online

Dry Shampoo - TRESemme - Fresh Start Dry Shampoo for Oily/Straight to Normal Hair

rated 2 of 5 on 2/20/2012 10:33:00 PM More reviews by shamshea

Very disappointed with this product. The smell is overpowering and not even pleasant. It makes my hair feel heavier rather than lighter, it makes my hair feel dirty. Plus its difficult to brush out and I end up with my roots a lighter colour than the rest of my hair. Everytime I`ve used this product I`ve been grossed out and ended up washing my hair anyways which completely defeats its purpose. TBH kinda put me off dry shampoo all together.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2012 10:08:00 AM More reviews by mimo

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Had to give this a 5, to counteract all the negative reviews-- I've used Bumble in the past, and that was truly a mess, blackens your hands, leaves grey residue, and an unholy price to boot. This is all it's cracked up to be: left my hair bouncy, shiny, little to no residue, and price is wonderful. Perhaps people were using way too much and spraying too closely?
I wash my hair every 4th day, convinced that over cleansing strips your hair of natural oil (haven't you all experienced the time you were sick and couldn't wash your hair for days...then suddenly, the oil production stabilized and your hair wasn't gross anymore??) Hair is DEAD, so if you washed a fabric everyday, how long till it disintegrated? Consequently, I don't believe in overstyling, brushing, etc.(And I have NO grey hair!)
I actually can't wait till the 3rd or 4th day now to use this--plus I hate cheap scents, and this has a very light, quickly dissipating citrus smell.
Kudos to Tresemme for stating that women spend WAY too much on horribly overpriced products.
BTW, I have NO affiliation with them, just want to set the record straight.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/5/2012 6:40:00 PM More reviews by pinksmoothielover98

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

All in all, I like this product! I would give this a 3.5 lippies if I could but hey, I'll be nice and bump it up to 4. The one I purchased was just straight to normal, not oily straight to normal. It does reduce the extra oil from my hair, my hair is naturally thin so that is a plus since thin hair is the oily-est hair type. The only thing is it can feel a bit stiff and a tad sticky if not shaken a bunch of times and is sprayed fair away. The smell is quite nice too. Will repurchase when my bottle runs out.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/30/2012 12:59:00 AM More reviews by creamypie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Enjoyed this dry shampoo for the first one or two uses. Faded nicely into my dark brown hair, didn't leave a grey tint. Absorbed extra oil fairly well and gave some nice volume. However, my container ran out of compressed air even though I could hear lots of product remaining inside when shaken. I had to throw out a practically full can because it's unusable without the compressed air. What a waste!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/19/2012 12:09:00 AM More reviews by lslouffm

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

Bought this on the recommendation of a Globe & Mail article on no-pooing. If it'd cost more, the joke would have been on me. Basic cornstarch from your cupboard will do as good a job, without clogging. I have light brown hair, and when I use this product, I look like I've gone grey at the roots -- even after brushing it out. The sprayer clogged after three uses. It doesn't add much volume to my fine hair, and while my hair is a bit less oily after using this, it still feels quite dirty. Also, there's a strong smell of alcohol when you spray this. Save your $7 -- you can use cornstarch and get the same results, while being greener.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/12/2012 3:40:00 PM More reviews by happywagon

ok, this is the first dry shampoo i've bought or used and i still think it sucks without having anything to compare it too. first, after you use it your hair feels dirtier and grosser than it did before.. i have to hold my breathe every time i spray it, not so much because of the smell, but inhaling the stuff feels like youre gonna die.. it seems to do little in minimizing oil from your hair and if it does, it doesnt work long.. honestly i have a better experience putting baby powder on my roots

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2012 1:40:00 PM More reviews by minicapybara

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've had this product for a while now and have tried to make it work from time to time....and I have come to the conclusion that it simply doesn't work. If I hold the spray a bit close then it gives me gunky white layer that cannot be fully brushed out even after giving it some time to "dry". If I hold it further away then it gives me nothing, but possibly oilier looking hair. The whole point of this product, I presumed, is to allow people with oily scalp like me a bit of respite between washes (I wash my hair every other day). Well TRESemme needs to go back to the drawing board with this one, big time. It does not in any way serve its purposes, and the potent scent does not help, either.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/4/2012 4:00:00 PM More reviews by AveryCurtis11

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

DO NOT BUY THIS. What a horrible experience. I bought this because I wanted to preserve the health of my hair by not washing it daily. It does absorb oils, it lessens the look of oily hair, but it makes hair feel incredibly dirty and gross. But after a few weeks of use on my bangs (I've only used it on my bangs, the rest of my hair doesn't get greasy) GRAY HAIRS STARTED POPPING UP. I am 15 years old! GRAY HAIR! How do I know that this Tresemme Dry Shampoo is the cause? Gray hair has only popped up where I have used this product, on my bangs. I can't believe it. Not only is it a sub-par dry shampoo, IT CAUSES GRAY HAIR. I AM 15. So unless you want gray hair, DON'T USE THIS PRODUCT. This product should be banned.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/1/2012 3:10:00 PM More reviews by natalie225

Absolutely awful! This product left dandruff like flakes all over my scalp and hair that I could not brush out. Made a huge white mess all over my clothing and bathroom while attempting to do so. Does little to absorb oil, adds no volume, and it smells like a batch of cleaning chemicals.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/29/2011 9:20:00 PM More reviews by soccergirl13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

When i first saw the commercials that a CHEAP dry shampoo was coming out from a good trusted brand like TRESemme, i was very excited. I really wanted to love this product... It smelled TOXIC and made my hair feel heavy, and left it white after COUNTLESS amounts of brushing and scrubbing. It was a total waist of money.. going back to my Suave, and Redken dry shampoo!