December 21, 2014 | 1795 users online

Dry Shampoo - TRESemme - Fresh Start Dry Shampoo for Oily/Straight to Normal Hair

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2012 3:27:00 PM More reviews by jdmcgi2

This product is just slightly better than using nothing. I usually have to wash my hair or at least my roots every day or they are a big greasy mess. This product helps it to not look so greasy but I still don't think it gives a good clean look to hair either. It also can give a gray color to your hair if not careful. It does make your hair smell nice and like you just washed it. I haven't tried any other dry shampoo but I will look around for some because I am not really happy with this one due to the grey color it can give hair. The only reason I said I would buy it again is if I can't find anything better to use for emergencies when I can't wash my hair.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2012 12:18:00 PM More reviews by mzjade22

Normally, I use this product to bring some life back to my hair after the gym in the morning. I have really thick/curly hair, so washing/blow drying is not an option in the morning after a workout.

You have to be really careful and hold the can a decent distance away from your head, or else the product will show up on your hair and look like you have patches of gray. Also, spray it in bursts, and shake the can after every burst.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/5/2012 11:55:00 AM More reviews by ebanks

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Got the trial size and before I knew it i needed to go and buy the full size. This is such a life saver and really does the job.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2012 1:50:00 PM More reviews by froggrlily

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This product allows me to blowout my hair less and what's not to love about that? By the third day I get greasiness near the root but a few light sprays just by the roots take care of them completely. I can even go a fourth day using this. My hair remains shiny and bouncy since I only spray the roots. I think using this product also gives it body. Love it. Will replace when empty.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/30/2012 8:02:00 PM More reviews by Shaypril

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This product did not help with oil at all. However, after curling my hair I spray this on and my curls will be bouncier, fluffier, and last a little longer. For the price, if not for oil, I recommend getting it if you curl your hair.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2012 2:23:00 PM More reviews by misslu990

I liked this dry shampoo when I had lighter hair b/c it blended well into it. Now that my hair is darker, I can definitely tell where I sprayed it into my hair. This is well after the fact that I let it sit for a couple minutes, brushed it out, and worked my fingers through it a little bit. Yet I still see white. The smell is nice at first but it starts smelling funny after awhile. I have the purple one I think it's the strengthening one. This is the only dry shampoo I have tried so I'm interested in finding a better one.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/27/2012 2:41:00 AM More reviews by msaunderscam

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I bought this tonight and already HATE this product. Initially it looked like it did something and gave my roots some life and bounce, but they soon fell flat again and now feel dirty. I don't feel like this removed any oil or odor, and I hate that I wasted my $4 on this. I'm going to give the Got 2 Be Encore Finish Dry Shampoo next, and hope that it goes better. This product is NOT worth it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2012 2:45:00 PM More reviews by keiki300

i find this product works IF you do not follow the directions. spary in hair and towel dry and THEN brush it out. this works much better. it is not as good as washing your hair of course.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/29/2012 2:24:00 PM More reviews by JennaDearest

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have VERY VERY dark (almost black) brown hair that is very healthy and extends to about bra strap level. Since I wash my hair only once or twice a week, dry shampoo is a MUST.

Unlike the other users, I found this very easy to get out of my hair by just fluffing up my roots (brushing wasn't even needed). Being that my hair is so dark and grey looking roots can be a problem with dry shampoo, this was a major plus. However, it was the only good thing about it.

The smell was very generic drugstore shampoo-like and didn't take away the smell of smoke I had in my hair from the party the night before (unlike my beloved Batiste does). Its performance was almost non-existant since it did nothing to absorb any oil from my hair. In the end, I was left with the same oily hair I started.

Sure it's cheap, but pay maybe $2 more, stop by Sally's and get yourself a can of Batiste dry shampoo in Brunette for a product that seriously gets the job done!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/25/2012 5:18:00 PM More reviews by twilighteriz

This product was TERRIBLE. It left my roots looking grey...no matter how hard I tried to brush it out. It made my hair look more greasy when it is supposed to make it look washed. Never buying again!