August 21, 2014 | 1005 users online

Dry Shampoo - TRESemme - Fresh Start Dry Shampoo for Oily/Straight to Normal Hair

rated 2 of 5 on 1/30/2012 12:59:00 AM More reviews by creamypie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Enjoyed this dry shampoo for the first one or two uses. Faded nicely into my dark brown hair, didn't leave a grey tint. Absorbed extra oil fairly well and gave some nice volume. However, my container ran out of compressed air even though I could hear lots of product remaining inside when shaken. I had to throw out a practically full can because it's unusable without the compressed air. What a waste!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/19/2012 12:09:00 AM More reviews by lslouffm

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

Bought this on the recommendation of a Globe & Mail article on no-pooing. If it'd cost more, the joke would have been on me. Basic cornstarch from your cupboard will do as good a job, without clogging. I have light brown hair, and when I use this product, I look like I've gone grey at the roots -- even after brushing it out. The sprayer clogged after three uses. It doesn't add much volume to my fine hair, and while my hair is a bit less oily after using this, it still feels quite dirty. Also, there's a strong smell of alcohol when you spray this. Save your $7 -- you can use cornstarch and get the same results, while being greener.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/12/2012 3:40:00 PM More reviews by happywagon

ok, this is the first dry shampoo i've bought or used and i still think it sucks without having anything to compare it too. first, after you use it your hair feels dirtier and grosser than it did before.. i have to hold my breathe every time i spray it, not so much because of the smell, but inhaling the stuff feels like youre gonna die.. it seems to do little in minimizing oil from your hair and if it does, it doesnt work long.. honestly i have a better experience putting baby powder on my roots

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2012 1:40:00 PM More reviews by minicapybara

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've had this product for a while now and have tried to make it work from time to time....and I have come to the conclusion that it simply doesn't work. If I hold the spray a bit close then it gives me gunky white layer that cannot be fully brushed out even after giving it some time to "dry". If I hold it further away then it gives me nothing, but possibly oilier looking hair. The whole point of this product, I presumed, is to allow people with oily scalp like me a bit of respite between washes (I wash my hair every other day). Well TRESemme needs to go back to the drawing board with this one, big time. It does not in any way serve its purposes, and the potent scent does not help, either.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/4/2012 4:00:00 PM More reviews by AveryCurtis11

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

DO NOT BUY THIS. What a horrible experience. I bought this because I wanted to preserve the health of my hair by not washing it daily. It does absorb oils, it lessens the look of oily hair, but it makes hair feel incredibly dirty and gross. But after a few weeks of use on my bangs (I've only used it on my bangs, the rest of my hair doesn't get greasy) GRAY HAIRS STARTED POPPING UP. I am 15 years old! GRAY HAIR! How do I know that this Tresemme Dry Shampoo is the cause? Gray hair has only popped up where I have used this product, on my bangs. I can't believe it. Not only is it a sub-par dry shampoo, IT CAUSES GRAY HAIR. I AM 15. So unless you want gray hair, DON'T USE THIS PRODUCT. This product should be banned.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/1/2012 3:10:00 PM More reviews by natalie225

Absolutely awful! This product left dandruff like flakes all over my scalp and hair that I could not brush out. Made a huge white mess all over my clothing and bathroom while attempting to do so. Does little to absorb oil, adds no volume, and it smells like a batch of cleaning chemicals.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/29/2011 9:20:00 PM More reviews by soccergirl13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

When i first saw the commercials that a CHEAP dry shampoo was coming out from a good trusted brand like TRESemme, i was very excited. I really wanted to love this product... It smelled TOXIC and made my hair feel heavy, and left it white after COUNTLESS amounts of brushing and scrubbing. It was a total waist of money.. going back to my Suave, and Redken dry shampoo!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/25/2011 1:39:00 PM More reviews by ashley92504

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I have the Tresemme Fresh Start Dry Shampoo Smoothing for Straight/Normal Hair.

It has the nastiest smell, as soon as I sprayed it in I had to wash it out because the smell was terrible.
It leaves hair sticky, and gunky white. It is almost like spraying hairspray+powder+clay in your hair.

Brushing it left it frizzy & sticky and my hair reeked!

The other dry shampoos that i have tried are batiste, oscar blandi, & pssst. I have also used J&J cornstarch baby powder in my hair (which if it was not for the baby butt powder smell might be better than all these... serious competition with the batiste though) :p

Batiste dry shampoo is so much better because it did not change the feel of my hair/leave it sticky/hairspray feel.

I hope I can at least get store credit for this! Not worth the space it takes up.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/23/2011 12:22:00 AM More reviews by Sharyg1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

OMG! nothing makes me madder than buying something that is a TOTAL wastt of money. I rather spend alot of money on something that actually works, than totaly wasting a smaller amount. This stuff is the worst product I've ever bought. And I've bought ALOT of products. Like another reviewer said, If I could give it negative lippies I would.

The white cast doesn't bother me. I was actually able to brush that out fairly easy. But this just doesn't work. Not only it doesn't control oil, it makes my hair oilier. I sprayed this on and my hair turned into an oil sleek. Yes I shook the bottle, and held it about 10 inches from my head. I waited for it to dry before brushing it out. Still, I ended up with super oily, heavy, sticky and just plain gross hair. I want my $5.49 back!!! I should've tried Suave, but totally forgot they had come up with a dry shampoo. I do not buy cheap hair products, my hair doesn't like them. However I figured "it's dry shampoo. I'm only gonna use it, maybe once or twice a week". So I didn't wanna spend alot on it. Big mistake!!!

Do not waste your money!!! This doesn't work! It will just make your hair gross! And if you're like me, mad that you threw away $5.49. I could've it bought a chicken and cooked it for dinner LOL!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/22/2011 12:18:00 PM More reviews by zamaa

The first dry shampoo I tried was Suave and I loved it but had to get this one when Walmart ran out of Suave one day. I'm gonna use it until I run out and if I absolutely had to would buy it again but if there is Suave in stock that is my first choice. Compared to Suave (as that is the only other dry shampoo I have tried) this one doesn't have a very pleasant smell (smells like Aquanet HairSpray) and after spraying leaves hair feeling a tad wet so you have to wait a couple minutes to style. Doesn't give any volume and costs almost twice as much as Suave. But I did give it a 4 since it does the most important part of it's claim of absorbing oil and leaving hair looking clean. It does leave a white cast on hair but since I put it on before styling, once I'm done brushing and styling the white cast is gone.