April 17, 2014 | 1970 users online

Dry Shampoo - TRESemme - Fresh Start Dry Shampoo for Oily/Straight to Normal Hair

rated 1 of 5 on 1/4/2012 4:00:00 PM More reviews by AveryCurtis11

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

DO NOT BUY THIS. What a horrible experience. I bought this because I wanted to preserve the health of my hair by not washing it daily. It does absorb oils, it lessens the look of oily hair, but it makes hair feel incredibly dirty and gross. But after a few weeks of use on my bangs (I've only used it on my bangs, the rest of my hair doesn't get greasy) GRAY HAIRS STARTED POPPING UP. I am 15 years old! GRAY HAIR! How do I know that this Tresemme Dry Shampoo is the cause? Gray hair has only popped up where I have used this product, on my bangs. I can't believe it. Not only is it a sub-par dry shampoo, IT CAUSES GRAY HAIR. I AM 15. So unless you want gray hair, DON'T USE THIS PRODUCT. This product should be banned.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/1/2012 3:10:00 PM More reviews by natalie225

Absolutely awful! This product left dandruff like flakes all over my scalp and hair that I could not brush out. Made a huge white mess all over my clothing and bathroom while attempting to do so. Does little to absorb oil, adds no volume, and it smells like a batch of cleaning chemicals.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/29/2011 9:20:00 PM More reviews by soccergirl13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

When i first saw the commercials that a CHEAP dry shampoo was coming out from a good trusted brand like TRESemme, i was very excited. I really wanted to love this product... It smelled TOXIC and made my hair feel heavy, and left it white after COUNTLESS amounts of brushing and scrubbing. It was a total waist of money.. going back to my Suave, and Redken dry shampoo!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/25/2011 1:39:00 PM More reviews by ashley92504

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I have the Tresemme Fresh Start Dry Shampoo Smoothing for Straight/Normal Hair.

It has the nastiest smell, as soon as I sprayed it in I had to wash it out because the smell was terrible.
It leaves hair sticky, and gunky white. It is almost like spraying hairspray+powder+clay in your hair.

Brushing it left it frizzy & sticky and my hair reeked!

The other dry shampoos that i have tried are batiste, oscar blandi, & pssst. I have also used J&J cornstarch baby powder in my hair (which if it was not for the baby butt powder smell might be better than all these... serious competition with the batiste though) :p

Batiste dry shampoo is so much better because it did not change the feel of my hair/leave it sticky/hairspray feel.

I hope I can at least get store credit for this! Not worth the space it takes up.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/23/2011 12:22:00 AM More reviews by Sharyg1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

OMG! nothing makes me madder than buying something that is a TOTAL wastt of money. I rather spend alot of money on something that actually works, than totaly wasting a smaller amount. This stuff is the worst product I've ever bought. And I've bought ALOT of products. Like another reviewer said, If I could give it negative lippies I would.

The white cast doesn't bother me. I was actually able to brush that out fairly easy. But this just doesn't work. Not only it doesn't control oil, it makes my hair oilier. I sprayed this on and my hair turned into an oil sleek. Yes I shook the bottle, and held it about 10 inches from my head. I waited for it to dry before brushing it out. Still, I ended up with super oily, heavy, sticky and just plain gross hair. I want my $5.49 back!!! I should've tried Suave, but totally forgot they had come up with a dry shampoo. I do not buy cheap hair products, my hair doesn't like them. However I figured "it's dry shampoo. I'm only gonna use it, maybe once or twice a week". So I didn't wanna spend alot on it. Big mistake!!!

Do not waste your money!!! This doesn't work! It will just make your hair gross! And if you're like me, mad that you threw away $5.49. I could've it bought a chicken and cooked it for dinner LOL!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/22/2011 12:18:00 PM More reviews by zamaa

The first dry shampoo I tried was Suave and I loved it but had to get this one when Walmart ran out of Suave one day. I'm gonna use it until I run out and if I absolutely had to would buy it again but if there is Suave in stock that is my first choice. Compared to Suave (as that is the only other dry shampoo I have tried) this one doesn't have a very pleasant smell (smells like Aquanet HairSpray) and after spraying leaves hair feeling a tad wet so you have to wait a couple minutes to style. Doesn't give any volume and costs almost twice as much as Suave. But I did give it a 4 since it does the most important part of it's claim of absorbing oil and leaving hair looking clean. It does leave a white cast on hair but since I put it on before styling, once I'm done brushing and styling the white cast is gone.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/17/2011 7:11:00 AM More reviews by banamom

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I usually buy the Batiste Dry Shampoo from Sally's but was in a hurry one day and could get there for more; so I bought this thinking it would be fine. Boy do I regret buying this, it just does not work at all. After using it my hair is stiff and does not look any different in terms of soaking up the oil in my hair, and the smell from the fumes while spraying it have made me cough and gag. I will not be buying this again.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/15/2011 8:18:00 PM More reviews by coined1st

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Worst dry shampoo ever!! This is more like a hairspray and comes out in like this gross white wet clumpy mess. It dry's really strange and gives your hair this greasy sticky texture....really horrible! I would skip this product all together!! PS, I used the product several times before I finally gave up...not just an opinion based on just a use or two.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/14/2011 1:41:00 PM More reviews by nettersbetter

This stuff is terrible! It did not take away the greasiness and actually made my hair look more oily as the day went by. Maybe I got a bad can, but mine was NOT a powder spray, like most dry shampoos are.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2011 11:44:00 PM More reviews by missashley884

I know you aren't supposed to wash your hair everyday, buttttttttt I have a tendency to. >___< lol however on those days when I just don't feel like dealing with the shampoo and condition process i will spray this in. beware! you must brush brush brush to prevent the white residue. it's good for being only about 5$