Pur Minerals Pressed Powder Foundation

3.9

ORIGINAL FORMULATION: Active Ingredient: Titanium Dioxide 8%; Inactive Ingredients:Mica, Boron Nitride, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Bismuth Oxychloride, Zinc Stearate, Magnesium Silicate, Magnesium Carbonate, Silica, Shea Butter (Butyrospermum Parkii), Tocopheryl Acetate, Iron Oxides. May contain: Ultramarines NEW FORMULATION: Ingredients Mica, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Boron Nitride, Bismuth Oxychloride, Zinc Stearate, Magnesium Silicate, Sodium Starch Octenylsuccinate, Mannitol, Sodium Gluconate, Citric Acid, Sodium Citrate, Waltheria Indica Leaf Extract, Dextrin, Ferulic Acid, L-Lactic Acid, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Silica, Thioctic Acid, Sodium Hyaluronate, Retinol, L-Ascorbic Acid, Ceramide 6 II, Magnolia Officinalis Bark Extract, Vitis Vinifera/Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract, Tocopherol, Lecithin, Maltodextrin, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Fruit Skin, Glycerin, Palmitoyl Tripeptide-5, L-Glutathione, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Hydrated Silica, Tocopheryl Acetate, Aqua, Glucosamine HCI, Pisum Sativum (Pea) Extract, Bambusa Vulgaris Leaf/Stem Extract, Magnesium Carbonate, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499). May Contain: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Ultramarine (CI 77007)

on 7/19/2011 4:18:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

This is my holy grail foundation. I have a large red scar on my chin that has to be covered, yet I hate both traditional liquid foundation and concealer. Pur 4-in-1 is light enough for the rest of my face, it really doesn't look like I'm wearing makeup, yet it still completely covers my scar. I buy this again and again, and will continue to for a long time. My only complaint is that I moved away to a town that doesn't have an Ulta, so tracking this down takes planning before I reach the pan.

on 7/16/2011 11:43:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

After buying more expensive mineral foundations that looked cakey and artficial I was so dissapointed that I was not going to try a mineral foundation ever. Then I received a sample of Pur in july's Birchbox. I am so impressed with this product. The color match was perfect. It looks natural,is longlasting, is not messy to use. I am using this everyday.

on 7/15/2011 7:47:00 AM

Golden-medium = dull and dark. It also gave me monster zits. Not a fan!

on 7/13/2011 8:47:00 PM

I love this product! bare minerals left my skin looking really cakey but pur minerals works wonders for my skin. i also like that its a pressed powder, i hate using bare minerals because the powder goes everywhere and i would constantly be spilling all over my shirt! I've also never had a powder foundation that looked so natural. and i agree with a review i read earlier, after the powder sets it looks amazing. and i just dab or lightly rub if i sweat and it stays. im extremely cheap and think everything is expensive but i believe im getting a good value using this. i love this product! i know its not for every skin type but you should give it a shot!

on 7/13/2011 8:11:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm

Hair: Other, Kinky, Coarse

This works way better than Bare Minerals. Bare Minerals leaves an ashy look to my skin. This doesn't. I wear the Deep.

on 7/12/2011 12:03:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

As much as I hate to admit it, I actually kind of like this. Kind of. I can use the lightest shade which by looking at it in the pan I thought it would be too dark for me, but when its applied, it goes on lighter and matches quite well for me. I like that its not a yellow undertone but more of a true pink porcelain shade, which many brands do not do.

The base of this product is mica, which I have a love/hate relationship with. The Mica is going to be extremely reflective, so I wouldn't use this if you are going to be photographed. Its a shiny particle, so since I lean towards very oily, I don't really want to look shinier than I already am. I can usually get past this by just doing a dusting of a rice powder or something of the like on top.

They use shea butter as a binder to keep everything in the pan. If you have dry skin, you will probably really love this. But for me, I simply can not wear this product in the summertime. I feel like it starts to feel greasy on my face within about 20 minutes. The problem with the shea butter is that its melting point is between 89-95 degrees Fahrenheit. The average temperature of human skin is about 91 degrees and thats just in a normal climate. Meaning, the shea butter in this is going to go soft and squishy on your face at the first sight of any body heat.

Let's speak to the size and price. The price of these is $26 for 8 grams, which on the surface seems like a pretty reasonable price. Making this $3.25/gram. Let's compare it to other powder foundations who also use shea butter as their binder and are basically the same type of product. NP Set Pasarella Powder Foundation is $30 for 11 grams (or about $2.72/gram). Stila Illuminating Powder Foundation is $28 for about 9.6 grams (or about $2.91/gram), but you still have to buy the compact to put the refill in for an extra $14 (however having a reuseable compact reduces unnesessary waste). If you compare size to price, its actually more expensive than the other two.

My only other comment is regards to color selection. They could do a better job in the darker shades, which are all very red in tone. I wish companies would get it through their skulls that not all women of color are RED. They could do a bunch better by having darker shades that are neutral or olive in undertone. But Pur is no better or worse in this regard, every other brand fails in this respect as well.

on 7/9/2011 3:08:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I absolute love this make-up. I have been using loyally for 4 years and will never get tired of it!!! In fact I've tried other products but I find myself comparing them to PUR. So glad I finally found my makeup and my perfect shade. It's not cheap but not expensive considering that it lasts at least 4 months. I would definitely recommend!!!!!

on 7/7/2011 7:44:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

My go to foundation. I used to use bm but I hated it so I decided to try our and I fell in love! I wanted a foundation that was natural looking but had coverage and this was it. I think its very affordable, it will last me like 4or 5 months. My routine is first I use my origins vitazing moisturizer. Which is like a tinted moisturizer(it offers some coverage) then use my our and flawless I find myself using less product because of the vitazing.

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I guess I am in the minority here, but this is the worst mineral makeup i have ever tried. And I have tried a lot! It covers nicely, but the lightest shade(I am very fair) is too yellow and sallow looking. I also have never had a mineral makeup look SO fake before, and accentuate EVERY DRY FLAKE i have on my face. I am so disappointed in this, because I've heard good things.
Do not use this if you have even remotely dry skin.

on 6/20/2011 4:13:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I really like this foundation. I wear light and it's pretty much the perfect colour for me. I got this foundation in a set of four for my birthday. I got the foundation, the bronzer, the blush and a chisel brush. I like the fact that it's COMPACT mineral makeup so it isn't messy yet it still looks natural.