December 21, 2014 | 1017 users online

Powder - Pur Minerals - Pressed Powder Foundation

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 7/13/2011 8:11:00 PM More reviews by Kiki34D

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm Hair: Other, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This works way better than Bare Minerals. Bare Minerals leaves an ashy look to my skin. This doesn't. I wear the Deep.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2011 12:03:00 PM More reviews by Girlfit

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

As much as I hate to admit it, I actually kind of like this. Kind of. I can use the lightest shade which by looking at it in the pan I thought it would be too dark for me, but when its applied, it goes on lighter and matches quite well for me. I like that its not a yellow undertone but more of a true pink porcelain shade, which many brands do not do.

The base of this product is mica, which I have a love/hate relationship with. The Mica is going to be extremely reflective, so I wouldn't use this if you are going to be photographed. Its a shiny particle, so since I lean towards very oily, I don't really want to look shinier than I already am. I can usually get past this by just doing a dusting of a rice powder or something of the like on top.

They use shea butter as a binder to keep everything in the pan. If you have dry skin, you will probably really love this. But for me, I simply can not wear this product in the summertime. I feel like it starts to feel greasy on my face within about 20 minutes. The problem with the shea butter is that its melting point is between 89-95 degrees Fahrenheit. The average temperature of human skin is about 91 degrees and thats just in a normal climate. Meaning, the shea butter in this is going to go soft and squishy on your face at the first sight of any body heat.

Let's speak to the size and price. The price of these is $26 for 8 grams, which on the surface seems like a pretty reasonable price. Making this $3.25/gram. Let's compare it to other powder foundations who also use shea butter as their binder and are basically the same type of product. NP Set Pasarella Powder Foundation is $30 for 11 grams (or about $2.72/gram). Stila Illuminating Powder Foundation is $28 for about 9.6 grams (or about $2.91/gram), but you still have to buy the compact to put the refill in for an extra $14 (however having a reuseable compact reduces unnesessary waste). If you compare size to price, its actually more expensive than the other two.

My only other comment is regards to color selection. They could do a better job in the darker shades, which are all very red in tone. I wish companies would get it through their skulls that not all women of color are RED. They could do a bunch better by having darker shades that are neutral or olive in undertone. But Pur is no better or worse in this regard, every other brand fails in this respect as well.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/9/2011 3:08:00 PM More reviews by txisok

I absolute love this make-up. I have been using loyally for 4 years and will never get tired of it!!! In fact I've tried other products but I find myself comparing them to PUR. So glad I finally found my makeup and my perfect shade. It's not cheap but not expensive considering that it lasts at least 4 months. I would definitely recommend!!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2011 7:44:00 PM More reviews by luvlost03

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

My go to foundation. I used to use bm but I hated it so I decided to try our and I fell in love! I wanted a foundation that was natural looking but had coverage and this was it. I think its very affordable, it will last me like 4or 5 months. My routine is first I use my origins vitazing moisturizer. Which is like a tinted moisturizer(it offers some coverage) then use my our and flawless I find myself using less product because of the vitazing.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/25/2011 7:01:00 PM More reviews by Cloudpuff_2007

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I guess I am in the minority here, but this is the worst mineral makeup i have ever tried. And I have tried a lot! It covers nicely, but the lightest shade(I am very fair) is too yellow and sallow looking. I also have never had a mineral makeup look SO fake before, and accentuate EVERY DRY FLAKE i have on my face. I am so disappointed in this, because I've heard good things.
Do not use this if you have even remotely dry skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2011 4:13:00 PM More reviews by rachel03

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really like this foundation. I wear light and it's pretty much the perfect colour for me. I got this foundation in a set of four for my birthday. I got the foundation, the bronzer, the blush and a chisel brush. I like the fact that it's COMPACT mineral makeup so it isn't messy yet it still looks natural.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/17/2011 10:08:00 PM More reviews by Sisterhazel

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have oily, acneprone skin with large pores. Generally I HATE mineral makeup - I've tried BE, Jane Iredale and EM. They all accentuated my pores, and did nothing for oil control or acne coverage. To my surprise, I'm liking this Pur mineral foundation. It has SOME oil control, doesn't accentuate my pores too much, covers my red spots, and stays on for most of the day. It also looks more natural than other mineral makeups. I have light yellow-toned skin, but I am able to make blush medium work for me. It may be a tad on the pink side, but it looks very natural, like I've been in the sun. Because I am oily, I must use a light dusting of translucent powder on top of this.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/16/2011 9:40:00 PM More reviews by ellieface23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a wonderful mineral powder. It doesn't feel heavy on my skin or cause my skin to break out (which is really great.) I will say that it does take a minute for the mineral powder to blend in with your skin, but once it does it looks fabulous. This is definitely one of the best foundations I have ever tried.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2011 9:14:00 PM More reviews by lebon

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Like so many of us who frequent this lovely place, I am a product junkie. I love exploring new products, so it's rare for me to actually re-purchase something. Pur Minerals Pressed Powder Foundation is the exception to that (apparent) rule of mine. I'm on my third compact, with another brand new one stashed for when I run out. (Oh yes, ladies, it's that good.)

My skin is relatively clear with the exception of red patches around my nose and on my chin; my T-zone tends toward the dry side. I also have inherited dark circles that are difficult to disguise. This product takes care of all of those things; it really does a great job of evening out the skin tone without leaving a cakey, powder-looking residue.

I use concealer first (under my eyes and a little on my nose and chin), then I dab this on with a cloth puff. (It comes with a round sponge applicator that I didn't find ergonomic at all. It was hard for me to blend the product evenly with it.) I do follow this with a loose powder (Neutrogena's mineral based formula), but that's more for the rest of my face and to provide a smooth canvas for my blush.

Even though I use this in conjunction with other products, it really is the magic ingredient (so to speak) when it comes to evening out my naturally blotchy skin tone.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2011 1:39:00 AM More reviews by PaulaNC

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have never had much luck with "swirl, tap, buff". It always made my skin look very bad texture-wise, was shiny (like a menopausal sweat) and that's never good. Right now what is working fantastically for me is Stila's new swirled $44 foundation, along with Maybelline's Age Eraser (the one with the quirky spongey thing) and I like them both, I do have to say I adore the Stila swirl. It's summer here at the coast, and the Stila is perfection. Sometimes, I just want a powder foundation for slap on and go. Pur is wonderful. I apply a 30 SPF sunscreen by Aveeno, then either PF or Fusion Beauty's primer, then stroke this gently on my skin, buffing slightly. I can't believe how creamy it is, and it doesn't accentuate pores or my aging skin. I am shocked, and love it for those fast-break days. I use concealer under my eyes only. It also lasts during those long, hot sweaty days. This is a definite keeper for the summer months. I am using golden medium, NW20-25, and I know that sounds freaky but it works-beautifully with no "line" between my face and slightly reddish neck. Another note on the Stila..If you are over the age of 40, slightly oily, slightly dry and would like a finish that is glassy, lightweight, no sparkles and beautiful, I would suggest you try. It won't cover much, but it will definitely make the most of what you have.