Lucy Minerals Foundation

4.2

zinc oxide, titanium dioxide, mica, magnesium stearate, iron oxides, allantoin, Apple Poly polyphenols, resveratrol, green coffee bean extract, magnesium ascorbyl phosphate

on 10/23/2011 2:10:00 AM

seriously amazing

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is some serious foundation! It's right up there in coverage & texture with True mineral foundation (my HG), but a whole lot cheaper. I have a fair/light, neutral complexion (NC20 except a bit less yellow) and the Light shade is perfect for me. The coverage is very good, it's pretty easy to apply too much so using a good brush is essential. It covers flaws very well without sinking into lines or making dry skin look flaky or ashy. Every time I wear it people comment on how velvety and pretty my skin looks.

on 10/11/2011 5:56:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I ordered sample sizes of three shades for $1.50 each and no s/h. I like the texture and coverage of this product and will definitely order a full size. I ordered shell beige, light, and bisque. Bisque is the closest to my skin and the Shell beige would be great for summer. I think another reviewer mentioned this as well. I am fair-medium with redness in my cheek area. You really can't lose trying this product out.

UPDATE: 1-16-12. I have ordered full sizes and some brushes since they had a special at the end of the year. Some of the brushes are good; some aren't. The flat brush is nice but can leave too much power so you have to really blend it. I change my mind about bisque being a match; it's a bit in the orange range. The fair shade is almost whitish which makes my under eyes look more wrinkly. I try to blend them both to work and my kabuki brushes work better with this powder. I received some shadows as well as although they look dark leave a nice color wash on lids.

on 9/30/2011 7:25:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

I am so happy I found LM! Finally a foundation that matches my skin, I cant believe it. After 10 years of gross yellow and pinkyness! On top of that it covers any redness I have, which sometimes is a lot, it doesnt break my hyper-sensitive skin out, it stays put, it does a fairly good job controlling shine (i have the OCC formula) and the price is great! Im in love.

Being pale to the point where my skin is basically off white during the winter, needless to say Its been hard (I was beginning to suspect it was impossible) to find a foundation that matches my skin. No liquid foundation Ive ever tried has been able to do this so I was thrilled when I finally stumbled upon mineral makeup in the form of EDM. Ive been using their intensive formula in fair neutral for quite some time thinking this will probably ever be my only option since it seems no company is willing to make foundation for us REALLY pale girls. At first I was just loving the fact Id found a foundation light enough for my skin, ignoring the fact that the undertone was slightly too cool for me and that the staying power and coverage wasnt all that great.

Then reading another pale girl's blog I found out about Lucy Minerals. I did some research and decided to give it a try and I do not regret it!
During summer Ive been able to use this in pale olive and get away with it without my face looking a lot darker than the rest of me. Now that whatever colour my face had gotten in the sun is starting to fade I just mix a little bit of snow white with the pale olive and Im good to go.
Since Im so light Ive also never been able to find a concealer that is lighter than my foundation to brighten dark circles etc. With this I just mix a little bit more of the snow white in, blend together with some moisturiser and voila!

Im yet to figure out the best way for me to apply this wet, mostly for fun though since it covers amazingly when dry but other than that I only have good things to say about this product!

Thank you so much Lucy Minerals for making my perfect shade!

on 9/29/2011 4:53:00 PM

LOVE THIS!!!!! The coverage is awesome! Better than any other foundation I have used. I was using EDM intensive formula foundation... went to re-order, and found out they don't make it anymore. I'm so glad that they stopped making it, since I discovered Lucy Minerals while looking for a replacement! Lucy Minerals covers as well (maybe better) as Revlon colorstay. I like lucy minerals better since you don't have to worry about demarkation lines! It looks so natural, but covers everything! Yayyyy!

on 9/7/2011 5:22:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Lucy oil control minerals actually stay on all day. Better yet, it matches, has great coverage, is water resistant, and looks like skin. It also washes off like a dream. This is very close to a miracle!

I'm an nc15-20 and I match to cream, but pale olive is good for my winter skin. The OCS and OCC formulas are pure awesomeness for very oily skin.

on 8/22/2011 4:42:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love this Lucy Minerals. It's my new favourite, even better than Silk Naturals. I decided to try Lucy Minerals becuase I don't like to mix my Silk Naturals Foundation.

I have been using Cream Bisque OCC foundation and OCC Finishing Powder for 1 week.I am NC30. My skin is combination and has eczema around my nose area. I don't know why and how, but it seems that Lucy Minerals helps to calm my eczema. Maybe, it's the antioxidant. No new acne, so it's good too. Oil controlling is not so much, but it's fine as long as it can help my eczema. If you are an eczema sufferer, you know how bad eczema can be. So, anything that can help is good.

I experienced the cakiness if I applied too much foundation. But when, I apply less, it's just perfect.

For Lucy Mineral creator, please don't discontinue or change the ingredients. It's just PERFECT.

on 8/1/2011 5:17:00 PM

Oh, I wanted to love this product! Nicely priced, great customer service, just a really cute, small, new brand (like EDM USED to be I`d say)
I ordered the small samples, and I found my match (medium light).
Application: This foundation is sooo easy to apply (with EDM long handled kabuki) as far as minerals go, you can basically just smear it on, blend slightly and run out the door - and it looks good! And you only need a very tiny amount!
Look: Silky semi-matte finish - like it! The coverage was good, but you do need some extra concealer on spots and such.
Lasting power: Good, but my t-zone was oily at night. Mineral hygienics has better staying power.
Now, the problems: My skin absolutely hated this, unfortunately. Every single evening after wearing this, I would have new zits on my face. My skin would be irritated, red, dry, just blah, horrible.
Conclusion: looks good, super-easy to apply and holds well throughout the day, BUT: it broke me out and messed up my skin heavily.
I do recommend people to try it, because it`s great if it doesn`t break you out.

Ingredients~zinc oxide, titanium dioxide, mica, magnesium stearate, iron oxides, allantoin, Apple Poly® polyphenols, trans-resveratrol, green coffee bean extract, magnesium ascorbyl phosphate.

I think the coffe bean extract, apple poly polyphenols, allantoin, or trans-resveratrol is to blame for my breakout :-(

on 7/30/2011 11:22:00 AM

I've tried many mineral foundations and this is my absolute favorite. Nothing else even came close. Now I did have problems with it accentuating fine lines and looking mask-like. I am 37 and I think I am too old to apply mineral makeup dry. I mix it with Mychelle Dermaceuticals pumpkin renew cream in my palm and brush it on with the ecotools bronzer brush. It looks amazing. It reduces redness, definitely improves overall appearance and acts as a sunscreen. I don't use any other sunscreen. It wouldn't protect from hours of sunshine, but is great for incidental sun exposure. I am very pleased and won't even bother trying anything else. I use the original formula. I truly hope this company never goes out of business. Yes, the regular prices are a tad high, but she constantly runs fabulous specials, so it's not that expensive. If you have problems with this, mix it with a moisturizer and it will look fantastic!

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

I have loved this for months and am finally writing a review :) I am 19, Asian, have dark but generally flat acne scars, breakout prone. I use the oil control (calcium carbonate).

First thing: I switched to mineral makeup because I've been breaking out much more than usual since I started university in the UK, and wanted something that had good coverage but wouldn't aggravate my skin. This doesn't at all, unlike liquid foundation (the one I was using didn't break me out per se, but it did make existing acne last longer and make it itch. I always assumed this was just part of wearing foundation.)

HOW I APPLY: After letting my moisturiser/sunscreen sink in, I stipple it on in layers, a few specks at a time, using the Ultimate foundation brush they sell on the website (highly recommended because it is so soft and dense). I can't seem to get wet application to work. Then I apply oil-control powder over it.
The need for such thin layers makes application a bit slower than other foundations but it also means I barely worry about blending.

COVERAGE: really good, great for covering redness. I would need concealer for my rather dark scars if I wanted them 100% covered but on a daily basis the coverage is significant and makes my skin look so much better.

FINISH: Really natural, no complaints. At first in humid weather it would cake on my nose once I sweat (which is within two minutes in Hong Kong summer) but then I just applied less and the finish is even and natural as it is on the rest of my face. You really do apply VERY little per layer, literally a few sprinkles, with the excess tapped off. I know everyone's skin is different but I really believe the complaints about application are due to people applying too much.

* If I don't have time to let my moisturiser sink in I blot before application.
* I am prone to dry patches but I moisturise really well before use, I'm sure that like any other foundation this would look awful on flaky skin... but my skin is often slightly crepey from dryness and this doesn't worsen that. I have yet to try this in a very dry UK winter (which I think is partly why my skin started becoming much more acne-prone in the first place) but we will see.

LASTING POWER: I live in HK where 90% humidity, and of course heat, is pretty ordinary. I wouldn't expect this to last through, say, a night of clubbing - and while I wouldn't say it transfers easily, if I rub it does come off - but even in heat and humidity it lasts well on a daily basis and doesn't fade patchily.

OIL CONTROL: I think it's more my powder than this foundation that controls oil, but then nothing but blotting really holds off the oil for me. No better or worse than any other foundation.

COLOUR MATCH: I find it difficult to get a foundation yellow enough for me. I use Creamy Olive which is perfect. Also they do custom mixes. The swatches linked to on the site are pretty accurate.

The customer service is great and Annie seems lovely. Free shipping (including international!!!!) and offers are frequent so highly recommend giving it a try. I know everyone's skin and preferences are different but I find it hard to imagine anyone (applying it correctly) not liking this unless they are chronically dry or need a quicker application.

I love this for its wonderful finish and, best of all, allowing me to cover my acne scars well without worrying that I am creating more. :)

UPDATE: I've used this for almost two years now - if they ever stop making this, I will cry. A couple of additional points:
- Flaky skin: Recently my entire face has been a flaky patch (so, flakes and acne scars!). Even BB cream highlights the flakes horribly. However, for me, Lucy Minerals doesn't at all.
- Concealing: For fuller coverage I've found it best to apply with a concealer brush on specific areas, rather than spending years layering tiny sprinkles of foundation all over the face.