August 28, 2014 | 1152 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Volum' Express The Falsies

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2013 2:56:00 AM More reviews by FeenFeenFeen

(this review is for the Maybelline Falsies mascara with the blue writing)

I LOVE THIS!!!

In New Zealand the prices for makeup are ridiculous! everythings over $20 and this maascara from the supermarket or Farmers is about $24 its so stupid. So I get mine either on Trademe for $12 or at makeup and perfume shipment sales. Its the only way to make it seem worth it.

I love this mascara, I thought I hated it at first but after trialing a few other mascaras after this ran out I craved to buy another one. I love the Maybelline XXL Extensions length, but this falsies is great over it aswell.

Alone I love how this grabs all my lashes and make them full of volume i kind of like the spidery-false look, and this does a great job of achieving that. It's really buildable so you can get whatever look you want. I dont mind the spoon shaped brush, couldnt care less, same with the packaging, what matters to me is how the mascara works. I got the falsies mascara in Black Drama (the purple with black writing) and found it was so gluggy, and gross it was so disgusting and sticky i threw it in the bin, so I find there is a huge difference between the blue writing formula and the black writing formula. I have had this one in both waterproof and non, and doesnt bother me and i wash it off in the shower anyway and it comes off like any other mascara (with a bit of a challenge).

Pros:
- blue writing formula (blackest black) is the best, cant fault it, absolutely love it, it's not gluggy, thick or sticky.
- buildable formula
- doesnt smell
- comes off about as easy as any other mascara its never the easiest product
- packaging is cute
- price is ok if you get it online or at store deals

Cons:
- super expensive at supermarket or shops, have to buy online to make it worth it
- prduct runs out too fast because I love it :)

** DO NOT buy the falsies mascara that has black writing (black drama) i found it was utter crap, all sticky and runny made my eye lashes stick together in a wet mess found it was completely different to the one with blue writing***

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2013 12:34:00 AM More reviews by postmoderngirl

One of the many products I tried because of YouTube (I have the waterproof version). Just like a lot of mascaras, I like this better when it's had a bit of time to dry out. It can tend to clump a bit but once it's dried out it doesn't really. It gives volume & length - overall it's a pretty good mascara & out of curiosity I would re purchase the flared version to see how it differs.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2013 1:03:00 AM More reviews by Achtland

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Holy grail.

I've been a volum express girl for years and years, trying each new one as it came out. This is by far and away the best mascara I've ever tried. $40 designer stuff included.
I have naturally long, relatively thick lashes. This stuff makes them ridiculous. They are so long they hit my sunglasses. They are so thick they look like a doubled up pair of falsies. Perfectly separated. Never clumpy. Amazingly feathery and soft.

Absolutely adore.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/17/2013 7:42:00 PM More reviews by tabulous77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

hands down the best mascara ever. it's the only one I purchase now. I used to have to use a lash primer and build up my lashes with a mix of different mascaras to get nice long thick lashes but I've replaced them all with this. some of my friends and my mom have asked if I was wearing falsies because they look so long and thick and perfectly fringed with zero clumps. one time I purchased the flared version and sure enough my sister looks at me and says your lashes look fanned out. how did you do that? please please please, maybeline, never stop making this mascara!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2013 6:38:00 PM More reviews by jodiepeatyxo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This mascara is probably one of the best I've used. I always like to switch up my mascaras as I've never found the perfect one and I like to try others but I will definitely be repurchasing this for a while! A lot better than Rimmel's Scandaleyes and I loved that too. Amazing product, would recommend it to anyone!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2013 12:25:00 AM More reviews by Girlybunny13

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I LOVE this mascara its exactly like my moms lancome mascara but its only 7.49$! It makes me look so pretty

rated 3 of 5 on 10/9/2013 5:17:00 PM More reviews by DrGMart

I hear about so many people who rave about this product - especially fellow straight and short-eyelashed asians. But when I tried it, it wasn't as great as I'd expected...gave me a bit of length, but wouldn't give much volume or hold curl.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/8/2013 6:03:00 PM More reviews by Makeupgale623

I used to love this mascara. This was the first mascara I had. It gives me minimal volume and doesn't clump. This is a decent mascara but I feel like there is better

rated 4 of 5 on 10/4/2013 8:48:00 PM More reviews by deleybear

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

When I first put this on I wasn't all that impressed, but I'd been accustomed to Benefit's They're Real and expected a similar result. Don't get me wrong though, after I came to terms with it, I completely fell in love with it. It's a much more natural effect than Benefit, which some people won't like, but I find it's great for more subtle looks, particularly daytime ones. Combing and curling your lashes beforehand definitely makes a difference, so I really recommend making this part of your routine! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 10/2/2013 2:44:00 AM More reviews by applechip

Pros: Lengthening, clump-free. Managed to get beautiful long lashes after applying many coats. Cons: Got the waterproof version but sometimes it smudged on me at the end of the day. Mmm. But it could be due to the fact that my lashes were not properly curled. (S$18.90)