Maybelline Volum' Express The Falsies

3.4

AQUA / WATER, PARAFFIN, POTASSIUM CETYL PHOSPHATE, CERA ALBA / BEESWAX, CERA CARNAUBA / CARNAUBA WAX, ACACIA SENEGAL / ACACIA SENEGAL GUM, GLYCERIN, CETYL ALCOHOL, ACRYLATES COPOLYMER, HYDROXYETHYLCELLULOSE PEG/PPG-17/18 DIMETHICONE, STEARETH-20, PHENOXYETHANOL, HYDROLYZED CORN STARCH, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, SODIUM POLYMETHACRYLATE, SODIUM DEHYDROACETATE, HYDROGENATED JOJOBA OIL, HYDROGENATED PALM OIL, SIMETHICONE, RAYON, DISODIUM EDTA, ARGININE, SERINE, GLUTAMIC ACID, 2-OLEAMIDO-1,3-OCTADECANEDIOL, SILICA,PANTHENOL

on 5/27/2014 6:02:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Just ok. No eye irritation and decent lengthening, which is good. In terms of volume, it gave me some minor clumps more than actual volume. I also wound up with smudging after a day at work. Overall, I think there are much better mascaras out there, even at the drugstore level.

on 5/25/2014 7:39:00 PM

I would buy this again if I HAD to..

Does clump and flakes a little (the little lengthening tubes fall off everywhere). Also leaves a spidery lash look.

Great for a night out if you want mega length and volume. But I think the flaking would annoy me for every day use.

on 5/24/2014 12:59:00 PM

Ok so I really hate maybelline mascaras but there are a few good ones. Usually maybelline mascaras are too wet paired with the brush... This mascara is ok. Compared to others this isn't something I would buy. The formula isn't to extremly wet but it weighs down my lashes so curl is no where to be seen with this. Other then the non-exsistant curl this product is good for length and volumne.

on 5/24/2014 11:37:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

Usually the maybelline mascaras at the beginning suck and after a week or two of use the have a less wet feel and apply like a dream. With this mascara happens the exact opposite. in the beginning it's amazing, gives awesome volume and length, separation etc but after a few weeks of use it doesn't work that well especially for volume. The good thing is that it's cheap but I think I prefer the plain original colossal over this. I'll probably won't repurchase this one

on 5/22/2014 2:27:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I had the waterproof formula. This product made my tiny Asian lashes visible and did not hold my curls well. My lashes drooped a bit. There wasn't much flaking or smudging. It has a weird scent. I did not have any clumps. The thing is that this mascara takes time to remove so don't be too harsh to your eyes. Other than a few cons this was a pretty good product. :)

on 5/20/2014 7:54:00 PM

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

This is my most often used mascara. I love it when it dries up a bit after a week and I barely have to comb my lashes to get rid of clumps. It does however flake if you need to comb it and it gets pretty annoying to have flakes go into your eyes. I'm Asian and have stick straight lashes, I just curl them and apply this (waterproof version) and my lashes are curled all day. I can't really lie down on my face or anything but it works just for normal days. The volume isn't that great but it does lengthen a bit. Overall it's pretty great but I haven't tried that many mascaras.

on 5/19/2014 7:09:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I admit I was into the gimmick of "falsies" because I wear fake eyelashes occasionally, but for some reason it didn't give me the same effect as false eyelashes (which is understandable) it felt as if it's just another ordinary brand of mascara. Great price for the product though.

on 5/17/2014 6:54:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

LOVE thIS MASCARA! Kind of clumpy sometimes though

on 5/17/2014 1:41:00 AM

I am a mascara hoarder. The moment I ran out of the "Cat Eyes" mascara, I immediately went to my drawer to try out "Falsies." The packaging is similar to most all drugstore mascaras, but the purple stood out to me. The unique spoon-shaped brush reminded me of the old fashioned trick my grandma used to curl her lashes with her spoons; therefore, I thought that feature was very interesting. Falsies was truly a hassle to take off, I would have to use more than one cotton pad. I am not one to waste a product, so I tried different techniques daily. I found that only putting on one coat was sufficient. Two coats of this mascara will lead to clumping and massive flakes! Ahh!

All in all, the mascara was errr....average. The only reason I wouldn't repurchase is because of the tedious removal process. I understand water proof mascaras being hard to take off, but theres no excuse for one coat of normal mascara.

on 5/7/2014 2:50:00 PM

This is the ONLY mascara that gets me compliments. I have long lashes but they are quite straight. Maybelline The Falsies really add length and volume for me!! Love love it! The only down side of this mascara is that it *sometimes* smudges on my lower lid which idk the reason why. Also it's abit pricey in SG ($20.90). I got this when I was traveling in the Philippines for maybe abt half the price only (Not sure abt this because I bgt both the Rocket & Falsies which totaled to be SG$18)

Video Reviews & Tutorials