Maybelline Volum' Express The Falsies

3.4

AQUA / WATER, PARAFFIN, POTASSIUM CETYL PHOSPHATE, CERA ALBA / BEESWAX, CERA CARNAUBA / CARNAUBA WAX, ACACIA SENEGAL / ACACIA SENEGAL GUM, GLYCERIN, CETYL ALCOHOL, ACRYLATES COPOLYMER, HYDROXYETHYLCELLULOSE PEG/PPG-17/18 DIMETHICONE, STEARETH-20, PHENOXYETHANOL, HYDROLYZED CORN STARCH, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, SODIUM POLYMETHACRYLATE, SODIUM DEHYDROACETATE, HYDROGENATED JOJOBA OIL, HYDROGENATED PALM OIL, SIMETHICONE, RAYON, DISODIUM EDTA, ARGININE, SERINE, GLUTAMIC ACID, 2-OLEAMIDO-1,3-OCTADECANEDIOL, SILICA,PANTHENOL

on 5/22/2014 2:27:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I had the waterproof formula. This product made my tiny Asian lashes visible and did not hold my curls well. My lashes drooped a bit. There wasn't much flaking or smudging. It has a weird scent. I did not have any clumps. The thing is that this mascara takes time to remove so don't be too harsh to your eyes. Other than a few cons this was a pretty good product. :)

on 5/20/2014 7:54:00 PM

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

This is my most often used mascara. I love it when it dries up a bit after a week and I barely have to comb my lashes to get rid of clumps. It does however flake if you need to comb it and it gets pretty annoying to have flakes go into your eyes. I'm Asian and have stick straight lashes, I just curl them and apply this (waterproof version) and my lashes are curled all day. I can't really lie down on my face or anything but it works just for normal days. The volume isn't that great but it does lengthen a bit. Overall it's pretty great but I haven't tried that many mascaras.

on 5/19/2014 7:09:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I admit I was into the gimmick of "falsies" because I wear fake eyelashes occasionally, but for some reason it didn't give me the same effect as false eyelashes (which is understandable) it felt as if it's just another ordinary brand of mascara. Great price for the product though.

on 5/17/2014 6:54:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

LOVE thIS MASCARA! Kind of clumpy sometimes though

on 5/17/2014 1:41:00 AM

I am a mascara hoarder. The moment I ran out of the "Cat Eyes" mascara, I immediately went to my drawer to try out "Falsies." The packaging is similar to most all drugstore mascaras, but the purple stood out to me. The unique spoon-shaped brush reminded me of the old fashioned trick my grandma used to curl her lashes with her spoons; therefore, I thought that feature was very interesting. Falsies was truly a hassle to take off, I would have to use more than one cotton pad. I am not one to waste a product, so I tried different techniques daily. I found that only putting on one coat was sufficient. Two coats of this mascara will lead to clumping and massive flakes! Ahh!

All in all, the mascara was errr....average. The only reason I wouldn't repurchase is because of the tedious removal process. I understand water proof mascaras being hard to take off, but theres no excuse for one coat of normal mascara.

on 5/7/2014 2:50:00 PM

This is the ONLY mascara that gets me compliments. I have long lashes but they are quite straight. Maybelline The Falsies really add length and volume for me!! Love love it! The only down side of this mascara is that it *sometimes* smudges on my lower lid which idk the reason why. Also it's abit pricey in SG ($20.90). I got this when I was traveling in the Philippines for maybe abt half the price only (Not sure abt this because I bgt both the Rocket & Falsies which totaled to be SG$18)

on 5/6/2014 3:02:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

OK, so I was looking for a mascara that would give me the false lash look. I tried L'Oreal Paris Voluminous False Fiber Lashes Mascara before this one and liked it but wanted to try this so I did. Its just ok, not great. I like the Loreal better. This one is not volumizing like it says but it does give a little more length. I didn't like that it made my lashes look spaced so far apart. It s very wet to start with. I did find a great use for it tho. The Loreal really needs a regular mascara applied before you put it on, it just seems to work better and this seems to work better for that than just regular mascara so it's not like it will be wasted. Price and package are great, the wand is ok once you learn how to use it.

on 5/3/2014 1:40:00 PM

i would def buy this mascara again and i recommend it to everyone because with this you cant go wrong!

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

One word- amazing. I love the liquid like consistency since it glides onto my lashes without quickly drying and clumping. My lashes end up looking like perfectly styled baby doll lashes. Love this stuff. A plus is that I don't poke my eye with the wand. It's easy to remove with eye make up remover, yet it lasts all day. It even held up during heavy rain days when I refused to carry an umbrella.

I liked this mascara. I definitely would buy it again.

Video Reviews & Tutorials