April 16, 2014 | 1044 users online

Hair Color - L'Oreal - Healthy Look Creme Gloss Color

rated 4 of 5 on 1/23/2011 9:28:00 AM More reviews by melanieschmidt

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I decided to try something new, saw this and bought it. I used the darkest brown/espresso. First of all my hair was light brown and I wasn't sure how this would go...My ends and bottom 1/2 of head is much darker, appearing jet black. The roots look espresso. This is my first time trying this stuff though, so I think I'll put less on my overall head next time. The smell of the conditioner is wonderful. Fruity,fresh,silky. I'm glad it's semi-permanent, good to experience colors with. My hair is silky and shiny no doubt. Overall, it's easy to use, a quick 10 minutes too! It came with a free shampoo which I loved, so yes I would try this again, but maybe just the chocolate brown.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/17/2011 5:38:00 PM More reviews by sistersings09

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have dark brown hair with some grays through the crown and I just wanted to color those and add some shine and dimension to my hair on a cold and gloomy winter day. I got this a few months back at Walgreen's when they were buy one get one half off or even free, I don't remember. The first kit I used colored my hair perfectly...not a horrible odor, no drama (other than the user error of stains on my pillowcase and on the wall-oops!). But, the other day when I colored it, I was disappointed because it did NOT cover my grays! I think I am back to my trusty L'Oreal Excellence (which does kinda stink) or I will try one of the new foamy hair colors. Maybe it was just me...

rated 4 of 5 on 1/16/2011 8:08:00 PM More reviews by drobarts

Colour 8 Medium Blonde. I have blonde highlights, low lights, and my roots are brown. Overall my hair is quite blonde. I wanted to tone lighten my roots and tone down the blonde a bit.

Besides the poor reviews I bought the product because I wanted something less damaging.. so it was either this or Clairol Natural Instincts. I ended up buying both and choosing this one due to the strand tests.

It blended my roots, highlights, low lights, and whatever other colours I had in my hair (theres alot going on) to a nice golden blonde. Definitely toned down the blonde ALOT but if you dont want that then dont leave it on for too long. I left this product on for about 20 minutes to get the toning I wanted. I dont think the recommended 10 min is enough time for the colour to take. Overall Im very happy with the results and next time I think Im going to try the blonde instead of meduim.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2011 12:32:00 AM More reviews by shopgirlpink

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

As a hair color novice I was hesitant to try this, but my greys were making my medium ash blond hair look dull. I chose 81/2 and 8 to use. I made a zig-zag part around the back of my head from ear to ear and applied the lighter shade to the top half and the darker shade to the bottom half and followed the directions. (I actually use only half of each the color and safe the other half for next time. I used color application bottles from Sally Beauty to divide the developer.) I've been thrilled with the results and have colored three more times, six weeks apart each time. The color does lighten my hair about a half shade and the two-color combination makes it look more natural. I get lots of compliments, even from my stylist. And best of all, nobody can tell! I wish there were more shade options since the neutral is really a more golden tone. Hopefully they will expand the selection, since I prefer my hair more ash blond. I remedy this by using violet color corrector in my shampoo. My hair doesn't feel dry and the color lasts pretty well since I shampoo every 2-3 days. I can't imagine switching to anything else since I'm very satisfied with the product and the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2010 11:11:00 PM More reviews by Spicey477

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am coming off of an at-home disaster using Loreal Touch On highlights. I pretty much had terrible spots/blobs (user error, of course) and tons of brass (product just doesn't lift enough). Most of my hair is dark blonde with many highlights, except for my root area, which is brassy/dark blonde/light blonde from the Touch On.
I have never used a semi/demi color before, only Preference/Feria. I am very impressed! I used color 7, Latte, that does not look amazing on the box, but I felt it was the closest to my natural color. I actually bought two colors, 7 and 5G which was Golden Praline or something. That color did look great on the box... For the first time in my life I took my time and did a nice strand test for both colors. The 5G came back very dark and very red, and 7 came back looking naturally dark blonde. Bingo! So, 10 minutes after putting it all in, I am at least all one color now!
It was on sale at CVS for $6.99, so you can't beat that. I have very thick shoulder length hair and the one box barely did it with none to spare. I did find that I missed some areas toward the ends, but they don't look too different. Of course the gloves could be improved upon, and the conditioner included was fantastic.
I would definitely use this product again and I am very happy with the results!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/24/2010 1:44:00 AM More reviews by semiperm

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm a brunette with red undertones. I've never colored my hair at home, but I got tired of the hassle and expense involved in going to a beauty shop. It had been a year since I'd had my hair colored with permanent color at a salon...My husband helped me. I don't see how one person could color their own hair and expect to get good results. I used Cherry Truffle which is a medium brown with reddish tones. This product is pleasant to smell. I particularly liked the royal jelly conditioner that came with the colorant. We left on the color for the fifteen minutes recommened, and that was plenty of time. I haven't washed it yet, but, at this time, it looks wonderful. It's very shiny and glossy. It wasn't very messy, and the towels that I used to keep the colorant off of my face went directly into the wash, and guess what? The colorant came right out. So, I saved a lot of money and found out one more thing that my husband is good at. A very positive experience. I'll never go back to salon for color again. Hope this product stays on the market.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/23/2010 12:00:00 PM More reviews by LimeyLemon

This my first review on here, I don't usually write them but I liked this product so much that I am compelled to write one :)

Ok, so a bit of background on my hair. I am naturally a dark blonde with quite a bit of red undertone, also I haven't colored my hair since shaving it bald for charity in March. So I have true virgin hair. I was a little undecided on whether to go darker and lighter, so I gave a call to the folks at Clairol to try and determine shades that work for me. long story short I got a verbal ear bashing from the rep for being unable to make up my mind. Eff Clairol. L'Oreal it was.

A local run to my CVS and I was able to view the products on the shelf. What sold me on this product was the fact that it's a Level 2 dye, meaning no roots for me. Also no , which is a huge plus. Plus the number one point I liked was that it lightened hair without being harsh and a permanent thing. Anyway, I chose the color Vanilla Creme which is #8 and is a medium blonde color.

It was a very pleasant and quick experience applying the dye. It was a total of 10 minutes processing time (love that!) My hair came out a beautiful golden medium blonde and looks like I've spent a week on the French Riveria. The only slight downside is that my hair is a touch dry, but that was easily remedied with the conditioner that came with it. Great product overall!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/19/2010 10:17:00 PM More reviews by Daphn2000

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I used the cool chestnut brown. Naturally, I have very dark brown but sandy hair?! I wanted something to enhance my color. I love this color, but I did not like the way the product made my hair feel. I have natural african american hair and the product just seemed drying or like it was missing something as far as conditioner. Normally my hair is silky after I wash, condition, blow dry and flat iron my hair (Right?) Can't wait to wash my hair so that I can use my HG hair products (Kenra). Love love love the color though.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/14/2010 1:56:00 AM More reviews by lizzyko

I used Cool Chestnut Brown. It is dark, but I expect all semi-perms to be darker than the box. There is a cool toned red undertone, pretty much as depicted on the box, but hard to see indoor under regular light, shows up more outside. It's pretty...not super unnatural, but the cool red does give it away as not 100% natural.
Feels like my hair is a bit drier than with Natural Instincts, so that is not great, but it still looks good. I'm not disappointed, you roll the dice anytime you color your hair with something new, but I will probably move on to something else. If you are starting with hair that is anything other than dark brown, this will probably give a very purplish look.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/5/2010 10:58:00 PM More reviews by candyjrs

I used this product and it turned my hair gray. I wanted a medium blonde and I start with a light blonde. I will never use again. It also feelt super dry and it didnt have a healthy look so they should change the name of this product to dull look.