November 27, 2014 | 1673 users online

Hair Color - L'Oreal - Healthy Look Creme Gloss Color

rated 3 of 5 on 4/3/2011 1:27:00 AM More reviews by ThatKiddJess

Okay, first off my natural hair color is red.
I bought 4g dark golden truffle. I just dyed my hair and it made it feel straw like it says it was "So deeply hydrating" I wasn't expecting my hair to be super soft but come on lol but all in all its not that bad I really wanted to like this but its back to clairol natural instincts. the smell is pretty nice considering my mom asked me if I was burning a candle and said it smelled like fruit punch haha. After I used the leave in conditioner it still felt straw like so I put a little argan oil in my hair and that softened it up a bit :) Not sure about the color now looks darker than the box but eh i'm not worried.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2011 5:18:00 PM More reviews by angellove1705

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I was really excited to try this color. I like the idea of healthy color. I was not impressed by the color selection, but I did find something that would work. The color was quick, but I was surprised that it still smelled bad like normal dye. I was really disappointed with the conditioner that came with it. It had a horrible smell and left my hair smelling odd and not very appealing. When my hair dried, the smell of the conditioner still smelled bad and did not really do much to moisturize my hair. The color did not look very good. I found it was very very far from the box. I know the box is not a promise, but it is usually a good guide of what will happen. This was far from it. It tinted my hair a very dark color. I had a blonde and it turned my hair a brownish color which was so far from the description of the box. I like the idea of this, but it does not work very well.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/15/2011 11:55:00 PM More reviews by Cupcakeeee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Original hair colour: Dark brown (asian hair!)
Colour bought: Light Golden Brown

Well, I didn't expect a huge change since my hair is originally pretty dark but I got NO results with this dye! I looked in the mirror, only the roots at the crown of my head turned a slight tint lighter. If not examined closely, I'm sure nobody would have noticed. Once this dye washes away, I'm sticking to the Feria dyes

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2011 10:51:00 PM More reviews by jcdiva1

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Black

So I'm a faithful user of Clairol's Natural Instincts but I have been curious to see if L'oreal's "Healthy Look" was any better so I finally bought it at the drugstore today in the color "Cool Chestnut Brown, Iced Chocolate...the one that Evangeline Lily advertises...)
At first things were going well. The coloring mixture smelled nice and I had no problems with putting the product on my hair. BUT while the dye was processing, my hair looked like this pink-purple combination and I was starting to go apes***! THANKFULLY I had some other semi-permanent dye from forever ago that was a dark brown/black so I put that over my head just to make sure that my hair wasn't going to turn out PINK or PURPLE. Washing it out was interesting because it felt like forever before the dye completely washed out of my hair and the conditioner literally smells like grass (natural instincts conditioner smells better....just saying...).
In the end, my hair turned out to be this black-ish color with hints of purple tint in it (It would of been all purple if it wasn't for the other semi permanent dye!). Overall, I would recommend this dye but not in this color. And don't expect your hair to turn out the color that's on the box because you will be disappointed.

If you are deciding on using the three demi permanent drugstore hairdyes as of February 2011 (loreal healthy look, garnier herbashine and clairol natural instincts) then I would probably tell you to try natural instincts first, then garnier herbashine and then loreal healthy look :)

UPDATE: Well...I used color oops to remove my haircolor and now it's a lighter shade of the color that I dyed it before....I thought that since this was a demi permanent hair dye that it would evenually wash out, but it only washed out of my ends so my roots are still reddish brown and they are just staying that way!! Not happy AT ALL.....>:(

rated 3 of 5 on 2/3/2011 1:16:00 AM More reviews by hiphopdance5

ummmm wasn't horrible but it wasnt great either. i had medium/dark brown hair to start and used 5R medium reddish brown. as many have said in previous reviews, the color processes VERY dark. mine was a purplish black as i waited. left it on for 15 minutes as was recommended for some of the shades. when i rinsed it out and looked under floruescent lights in my bathroom, i didnt see much of a difference other than a slight red tint. thought maybe it was just b/c my hair was wet so i decided to wait for it to dry before making a solid judgement on the product. when it dried, i noticed a little more red but nothing great. then when the sunlight hit it, thats when the red REALLY came out. it's a beautiful color but again, as many have noted, NOTHING like the color on the box at all whatsoever. can't expect much as this is a washout color but eh, i just wasnt overly impressed is all

rated 2 of 5 on 2/1/2011 7:10:00 PM More reviews by LSleeva8145

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The color of this was decent. I used medium blonde. Overall it didn't color my hair the same color throughout but as semi perm I didn't expect it to. Unfortunately I disliked this product a lot other than the semi color payoff. It made my hair extremely greasy. I'm assuming it was from the conditioner that smelled like grass. I washed my hair Atleast five times which takes away from the purpose that it washes out after a number of uses. I ended up using a different permanent color a few days later. Wouldn't buy again

rated 1 of 5 on 1/30/2011 1:10:00 PM More reviews by Nola504

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Color: Light Beige Brown

The only thing I have to compare this to is Clairol Natural Instincts.

Pros: Covers gray decently, color true to box
Cons: Smells bad, little gloss, leaves hair feeling dry, left a film on my hair that felt sticky, easily tangles, crunchy

I wish I had NEVER used this. My hair feels as though I have a lot of hairspray in it; hard to comb, tangled and sticky on the ends. IDK what to do other than wait until it washes out.

Will not buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/23/2011 9:28:00 AM More reviews by melanieschmidt

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I decided to try something new, saw this and bought it. I used the darkest brown/espresso. First of all my hair was light brown and I wasn't sure how this would go...My ends and bottom 1/2 of head is much darker, appearing jet black. The roots look espresso. This is my first time trying this stuff though, so I think I'll put less on my overall head next time. The smell of the conditioner is wonderful. Fruity,fresh,silky. I'm glad it's semi-permanent, good to experience colors with. My hair is silky and shiny no doubt. Overall, it's easy to use, a quick 10 minutes too! It came with a free shampoo which I loved, so yes I would try this again, but maybe just the chocolate brown.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/17/2011 5:38:00 PM More reviews by sistersings09

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have dark brown hair with some grays through the crown and I just wanted to color those and add some shine and dimension to my hair on a cold and gloomy winter day. I got this a few months back at Walgreen's when they were buy one get one half off or even free, I don't remember. The first kit I used colored my hair perfectly...not a horrible odor, no drama (other than the user error of stains on my pillowcase and on the wall-oops!). But, the other day when I colored it, I was disappointed because it did NOT cover my grays! I think I am back to my trusty L'Oreal Excellence (which does kinda stink) or I will try one of the new foamy hair colors. Maybe it was just me...

rated 4 of 5 on 1/16/2011 8:08:00 PM More reviews by drobarts

Colour 8 Medium Blonde. I have blonde highlights, low lights, and my roots are brown. Overall my hair is quite blonde. I wanted to tone lighten my roots and tone down the blonde a bit.

Besides the poor reviews I bought the product because I wanted something less damaging.. so it was either this or Clairol Natural Instincts. I ended up buying both and choosing this one due to the strand tests.

It blended my roots, highlights, low lights, and whatever other colours I had in my hair (theres alot going on) to a nice golden blonde. Definitely toned down the blonde ALOT but if you dont want that then dont leave it on for too long. I left this product on for about 20 minutes to get the toning I wanted. I dont think the recommended 10 min is enough time for the colour to take. Overall Im very happy with the results and next time I think Im going to try the blonde instead of meduim.