October 22, 2014 | 1782 users online

Hair Color - L'Oreal - Healthy Look Creme Gloss Color

rated 1 of 5 on 3/15/2011 11:55:00 PM More reviews by Cupcakeeee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Original hair colour: Dark brown (asian hair!)
Colour bought: Light Golden Brown

Well, I didn't expect a huge change since my hair is originally pretty dark but I got NO results with this dye! I looked in the mirror, only the roots at the crown of my head turned a slight tint lighter. If not examined closely, I'm sure nobody would have noticed. Once this dye washes away, I'm sticking to the Feria dyes

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2011 10:51:00 PM More reviews by jcdiva1

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Black

So I'm a faithful user of Clairol's Natural Instincts but I have been curious to see if L'oreal's "Healthy Look" was any better so I finally bought it at the drugstore today in the color "Cool Chestnut Brown, Iced Chocolate...the one that Evangeline Lily advertises...)
At first things were going well. The coloring mixture smelled nice and I had no problems with putting the product on my hair. BUT while the dye was processing, my hair looked like this pink-purple combination and I was starting to go apes***! THANKFULLY I had some other semi-permanent dye from forever ago that was a dark brown/black so I put that over my head just to make sure that my hair wasn't going to turn out PINK or PURPLE. Washing it out was interesting because it felt like forever before the dye completely washed out of my hair and the conditioner literally smells like grass (natural instincts conditioner smells better....just saying...).
In the end, my hair turned out to be this black-ish color with hints of purple tint in it (It would of been all purple if it wasn't for the other semi permanent dye!). Overall, I would recommend this dye but not in this color. And don't expect your hair to turn out the color that's on the box because you will be disappointed.

If you are deciding on using the three demi permanent drugstore hairdyes as of February 2011 (loreal healthy look, garnier herbashine and clairol natural instincts) then I would probably tell you to try natural instincts first, then garnier herbashine and then loreal healthy look :)

UPDATE: Well...I used color oops to remove my haircolor and now it's a lighter shade of the color that I dyed it before....I thought that since this was a demi permanent hair dye that it would evenually wash out, but it only washed out of my ends so my roots are still reddish brown and they are just staying that way!! Not happy AT ALL.....>:(

rated 3 of 5 on 2/3/2011 1:16:00 AM More reviews by hiphopdance5

ummmm wasn't horrible but it wasnt great either. i had medium/dark brown hair to start and used 5R medium reddish brown. as many have said in previous reviews, the color processes VERY dark. mine was a purplish black as i waited. left it on for 15 minutes as was recommended for some of the shades. when i rinsed it out and looked under floruescent lights in my bathroom, i didnt see much of a difference other than a slight red tint. thought maybe it was just b/c my hair was wet so i decided to wait for it to dry before making a solid judgement on the product. when it dried, i noticed a little more red but nothing great. then when the sunlight hit it, thats when the red REALLY came out. it's a beautiful color but again, as many have noted, NOTHING like the color on the box at all whatsoever. can't expect much as this is a washout color but eh, i just wasnt overly impressed is all

rated 2 of 5 on 2/1/2011 7:10:00 PM More reviews by LSleeva8145

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The color of this was decent. I used medium blonde. Overall it didn't color my hair the same color throughout but as semi perm I didn't expect it to. Unfortunately I disliked this product a lot other than the semi color payoff. It made my hair extremely greasy. I'm assuming it was from the conditioner that smelled like grass. I washed my hair Atleast five times which takes away from the purpose that it washes out after a number of uses. I ended up using a different permanent color a few days later. Wouldn't buy again

rated 1 of 5 on 1/30/2011 1:10:00 PM More reviews by Nola504

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Color: Light Beige Brown

The only thing I have to compare this to is Clairol Natural Instincts.

Pros: Covers gray decently, color true to box
Cons: Smells bad, little gloss, leaves hair feeling dry, left a film on my hair that felt sticky, easily tangles, crunchy

I wish I had NEVER used this. My hair feels as though I have a lot of hairspray in it; hard to comb, tangled and sticky on the ends. IDK what to do other than wait until it washes out.

Will not buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/23/2011 9:28:00 AM More reviews by melanieschmidt

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I decided to try something new, saw this and bought it. I used the darkest brown/espresso. First of all my hair was light brown and I wasn't sure how this would go...My ends and bottom 1/2 of head is much darker, appearing jet black. The roots look espresso. This is my first time trying this stuff though, so I think I'll put less on my overall head next time. The smell of the conditioner is wonderful. Fruity,fresh,silky. I'm glad it's semi-permanent, good to experience colors with. My hair is silky and shiny no doubt. Overall, it's easy to use, a quick 10 minutes too! It came with a free shampoo which I loved, so yes I would try this again, but maybe just the chocolate brown.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/17/2011 5:38:00 PM More reviews by sistersings09

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have dark brown hair with some grays through the crown and I just wanted to color those and add some shine and dimension to my hair on a cold and gloomy winter day. I got this a few months back at Walgreen's when they were buy one get one half off or even free, I don't remember. The first kit I used colored my hair perfectly...not a horrible odor, no drama (other than the user error of stains on my pillowcase and on the wall-oops!). But, the other day when I colored it, I was disappointed because it did NOT cover my grays! I think I am back to my trusty L'Oreal Excellence (which does kinda stink) or I will try one of the new foamy hair colors. Maybe it was just me...

rated 4 of 5 on 1/16/2011 8:08:00 PM More reviews by drobarts

Colour 8 Medium Blonde. I have blonde highlights, low lights, and my roots are brown. Overall my hair is quite blonde. I wanted to tone lighten my roots and tone down the blonde a bit.

Besides the poor reviews I bought the product because I wanted something less damaging.. so it was either this or Clairol Natural Instincts. I ended up buying both and choosing this one due to the strand tests.

It blended my roots, highlights, low lights, and whatever other colours I had in my hair (theres alot going on) to a nice golden blonde. Definitely toned down the blonde ALOT but if you dont want that then dont leave it on for too long. I left this product on for about 20 minutes to get the toning I wanted. I dont think the recommended 10 min is enough time for the colour to take. Overall Im very happy with the results and next time I think Im going to try the blonde instead of meduim.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2011 12:32:00 AM More reviews by shopgirlpink

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

As a hair color novice I was hesitant to try this, but my greys were making my medium ash blond hair look dull. I chose 81/2 and 8 to use. I made a zig-zag part around the back of my head from ear to ear and applied the lighter shade to the top half and the darker shade to the bottom half and followed the directions. (I actually use only half of each the color and safe the other half for next time. I used color application bottles from Sally Beauty to divide the developer.) I've been thrilled with the results and have colored three more times, six weeks apart each time. The color does lighten my hair about a half shade and the two-color combination makes it look more natural. I get lots of compliments, even from my stylist. And best of all, nobody can tell! I wish there were more shade options since the neutral is really a more golden tone. Hopefully they will expand the selection, since I prefer my hair more ash blond. I remedy this by using violet color corrector in my shampoo. My hair doesn't feel dry and the color lasts pretty well since I shampoo every 2-3 days. I can't imagine switching to anything else since I'm very satisfied with the product and the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2010 11:11:00 PM More reviews by Spicey477

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am coming off of an at-home disaster using Loreal Touch On highlights. I pretty much had terrible spots/blobs (user error, of course) and tons of brass (product just doesn't lift enough). Most of my hair is dark blonde with many highlights, except for my root area, which is brassy/dark blonde/light blonde from the Touch On.
I have never used a semi/demi color before, only Preference/Feria. I am very impressed! I used color 7, Latte, that does not look amazing on the box, but I felt it was the closest to my natural color. I actually bought two colors, 7 and 5G which was Golden Praline or something. That color did look great on the box... For the first time in my life I took my time and did a nice strand test for both colors. The 5G came back very dark and very red, and 7 came back looking naturally dark blonde. Bingo! So, 10 minutes after putting it all in, I am at least all one color now!
It was on sale at CVS for $6.99, so you can't beat that. I have very thick shoulder length hair and the one box barely did it with none to spare. I did find that I missed some areas toward the ends, but they don't look too different. Of course the gloves could be improved upon, and the conditioner included was fantastic.
I would definitely use this product again and I am very happy with the results!