October 20, 2014 | 1541 users online

Powder - Physicians Formula - Healthy Wear SPF 50 Powder Foundation [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2010 11:48:00 AM More reviews by rickisyed

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Im not impressed by this Healthy Wear powder foundation. First of all, Im NC40 right now, and creamy beige being the darkest color available is not a good match for me, its still a little lighter. I use a big kabuki brush to apply this. but this foundation doesnt cover redness, and pills my primer. I have used Benefit Hello flawless (HF) in Honey, and some ladies here are comparing it to HF, but HF had better coverage. The only thing I didnt like about HF that it was not longwearing but Honey was the perfect color. Well Healthy wear doesnt cover well, nor stays on well, so its pointless for me to use. I did like one thing about this, it doesnt make my pores look big, well, I still wished they made a color for me.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/17/2010 11:52:00 PM More reviews by 1264230

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Black

Seriously this is crap. Don't buy it. It made my face so oily in minutes and it doesn't even set my makeup. Waste of money.
    But cute pink sponge.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 8/16/2010 2:43:00 AM More reviews by grandeodalisque

I hoped this powder would give me nice coverage while absorbing oil. But as soon as the powder began to soak up my oil it turned "bad tanner" orange! I doubt it had to do with the shade, since my skin is very fair and I used translucent medium.

Also, the packaging for this product is wasteful and confusing. You don't need that large a compact for that small amount of product.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/15/2010 4:35:00 PM More reviews by AmyBin

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Truly awful. Where to begin? Face an oil slick within minutes. Oxidized to a funky orange within an hour. Felt heavy on my skin. To top it off, there is a weird chemical smell that got into my nose and didn't leave 'til I washed my face...at 3:30 that day b/c couldn't take the foundation on my skin anymore.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/29/2010 12:59:00 PM More reviews by Jmberry

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Wow, I was so disappointed in this product. I have oily skin and like the idea of a powder foundation, and really liked the SPF 50. I bought the lightest shade which looks really scary in the compact-almost pure white. But when I applied it it was too dark. It almost made my skin look dirty. The package promises full coverage which I need but I think the coverage was very sheer. I tried this over moisturizer, on a bare face, applied with the included sponge and applied with a brush. Sadly, nothing worked. I actually returned it which is a rarity for me. Usually I can find a way to make products work for me but not this one. It was also quite pricey at $13 for not a whole lot of product. 2 lippies for the great SPF but highly disappointed.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/26/2010 2:36:00 PM More reviews by Missmilli

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I was lured to this product for two reasons. I like powder/mineral foundations and I like a high SPF. I was hopeful that this would be a wonder product for me. Sadly, it was not. I got this in Translucent Medium first, but found it to be too dark on my NW20-25-ish skin. So, I got the lighter shade of Translucent Light. This one looked odd on me and made me really pasty-looking. I imagine, as with pretty much every foundation I use, I need two shades to get a proper match. I would have considered that had this product not irritated the heck out of my face! I thought perhaps a heavier moisturizer would help. I'm slightly oily in my t-zone and consider myself to have combination skin. No matter how I tried this, my face felt itchy, irritated and unusually dry. I could not wait to wash it off! It could be the octinoxate, which can be a skin irritant to some, or it could be the very high titanium dioxide content (21%). Maybe those who are super oily/not sensitive will find this to work well, but for me, it just did not work.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2010 10:09:00 PM More reviews by DrChris

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have been using this for almost a month, during one of the hottest summers in memory, and I have to say that I really, really like it! I got it originally because I have a scar on my cheek that I'm careful to shield from the sun, and the pressed-powder form of this makes it nice and portable. Well, it does a GREAT job of keeping the sun away from my scar -- but I've found it to be much more versatile than that! I thought, originally, that I would just use this for touch-ups during the day. But, on some really hot days when I've been in the sun longer than I expected, I have used it on my whole face with excellent results. I have also used it on my neck and chest, and it has been very effective as a sunscreen there, too -- doesn't look powdery or heavy, and it provides excellent sun protection! I also find that it stays matte for a very long time, even in extreme heat and humidity. If I apply it too heavily, it can look a little too mask-y. At first, I thought that I needed a heavier coat to get the benefit of the SPF -- but I have found that a modest application works well, and looks very natural. I'm very pale and cool-toned, and the shade works perfectly for me (comparable to the L'Oreal soft ivory shade). And I love that I can reapply a high SPF throughout the day without gumming up my makeup!

EDITED - I didn't use this during the winter, and it got pushed to the back of my drawer, but now that it's summer I pulled it out again. I'm still very impressed with how this doesn't get greasy or shiny during the day, even when I've been out in the sun. It offers sun protection and great coverage, but it doesn't look fake or caked-on. I use the pink sponge that came with it to pat some powder on my cheeks, chin, forehead, and nose -- then I blend it all with a kabuki brush. I'm definitely glad to have rediscovered this!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/19/2010 1:02:00 PM More reviews by becca352

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I had high hopes for this. I love the fact that it has spf 50. It gives mediume to full coverage. I prefer using powder foundations with a sponge because I like a fuller coverage to cover acne scars. I really like the sponge that comes with this. It doesn't feel cheap and doesn't fall apart (and its super cute). The finish on this is amazing. It covers well, looks natural, and isn't chalky or powdery. I am an N5 and chose translucent light. It was way to light on me. I do agree that it looks way lighter in the pan than it does on the skin. I also tried the Creamy Beige which was a better match but had a slight orangeish tone. This color looks amazing on me in pictures, but not in real life. It also looks way lighter in the pan than it does on the skin. Despite the amazing finish, I will not be buying again. It has a weird makeupy smell that does not go away (maybe from the spf?). I smell it all day. It also rubs of on everything super easily. Don't give anyone hugs while wearing this; super embarassing! It also leaves my skin with a weird texture. Just the slightest hint of stickiness that doesn't go away after applying, which makes me think dirt and environmental pollutants will stick to it and cause breakouts (although it hasn't caused any yet). I will keep this for the summer and use it as a sunscreen touch up and possibly if I'm going somewhere that pictures will be taken. But I just cannot deal with the smell and rub-off on a daily basis.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2010 11:14:00 PM More reviews by dancer14927

I have to say I love this powder! Not as much as my Dream Matte Powder, but it does get points for the extra SPF. I do use sunscreen under it, so I can't really comment on the SPF power, but it is a nice reassurance to have. I apply with my powder brush and get a nice layer to set my foundation with. It's quite nice and light when I apply it, doesn't make me look cakey or chalky. I think it looks better about half an hour after I put it on, and it has time to sink into my skin. I have it in Translucent Medium (I'm NC30), which in the pan, looks a shade or two lighter than my Dream Matte Powder, but it goes on darker than it appears. It's great for keeping my face matte and free from shine, and good for touchups too. The sponge included is also fairly nice, and actually useful, which is a surprise for drugstore products.
    The packaging here is definitely sturdy! I dropped this and the matching bronzer (came as a set) on the floor the other day, and it was completely fine!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2010 5:39:00 PM More reviews by quendelyn

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Finally! This is an excellent foundation powder. It gives good coverage and great SPF, without appearing chalky. The packaging is cute and functional. Very easy to find in the purse. I really like that the light color is light enough for me. I was out in the blazing sun for hours, no sunburn. That is extremely important to me. I'm a Natural Redhead, and I burn. Finally, a sun protection powder for people that have sun problems. It holds up well in the heat. Summers here stay in the triple digits. This is perfect for hot weather and very easy to re-apply. I hope they continue to keep making this. It's a winner! Oh yes, photographs well too.