Revlon Colorburst - Soft Nude 070 [DISCONTINUED]

3.8

on 2/18/2011 1:09:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

This is one of my favorite Nude lipsticks. I'm NC44/45 depending on the season and it works perfectly for me. I'm wearing it today without anything but blistex underneath, but normally I wear it with a nude lip-liner and gloss on top. My lips are very pigmented, closer to purple than pink and this color is very milky without any shimmer. Its nude/light pink on me. This color looks absolutely amazing with smokey eyes and bronzed skin!

I think the packaging is really pretty, love how they wrote Revlon in the actual lipstick.

This doesn't dry my lips out but I always wear some sort of balm under my lipsticks...never tried it without balm.

I will repurchase this again because I am very pleased with the overall product.

on 2/16/2011 1:03:00 AM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

I like the texture of this lipstick, but this color really doesn't suit me on its own. While I can definitely use it with other lip products that certainly doesn't make it a must have for me. I like the packaging, but mine got loose in the tube--so the back ends up scraping against the side [and I hardly ever even used it!]

on 2/15/2011 9:24:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love Revlon Colorburst lipsticks. The formula is always soft, creamy and smooth. Formula is great. This color (on it own), however, is SO UGLY! I look like a cadaver with it on. Personally I'm not a fan of nude, nude lips and this is as nude as they come. What I have found is that this is a great base color to use with lipstick shades that don't look amazing on you. For instance, Revlon Colorburst in Soft Rose just doesn't work with my skin tone. When I apply it on top of Soft Nude is becomes a pretty, flattering pale rose color. Under my very dark Covergirl Amazemint lipgloss in Wine Shine, it becomes an interesting and pretty lilac-tinged color.

I thought for sure I'd return it, but I think it will work in my collection as a mixing shade.

I also have this weird urge to try it as an undereye concealer because it's essentially my skin tone with a peach undertone... But don't worry, I won't.

on 2/13/2011 3:25:00 PM

Love it! It mutes my lips a little bit and over my very pink lips, it leaves a nice nude-light pink color. I have to apply some lipbalm over this because if I don't, it makes my lips look dry. I would repurchase.

on 2/12/2011 12:36:00 AM

I don't understand.. am I the ONLY one who pulls sooo much orange with this?! What I mean is that this does NOT look pinkish on me, but orange. I'm a mac NW 20 or something around that, and I've tried and tried to make this work but it just doesn't.. i saw a picture of me wearing it and i looked like i had just made out with a can of spray tan. :(

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This shade is very milky and opaque, which I suppose is a good thing if you want a nude lipstick with a lot of coverage. However, for someone as pale as me, it's a slippery slope toward concealer lips. However, if i sheer it out with a little balm it does make for a wearable true nude for me.

on 2/9/2011 6:46:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This is a milky nude, to be sure. No shimmer or anything like that. That being said, it can be tough to get it on without it wanting to go streaky, but the color itself is beautiful!

on 2/9/2011 1:11:00 AM

I'm pretty pale so this did not work for me at all. I look like a walking corpse wearing it, haha. Not a bad product, just not for me. I'm too pale, haha.

on 2/4/2011 4:06:00 PM

I like this lipstick; its pretty decent for a drugstore lipstick. It isn't too drying nor is the color very odd. I do find that with most revlon products, this lipstick has a funky smell. It is very off putting; thankfully it dissipates quickly. The color on me is a light pink nude and I am about an NC 15-20. Packaging is pretty good for drugstore and it looks sturdy as well.

on 2/2/2011 2:19:00 PM

LOVE THIS COLOR!!! Perfect nude :) but it doesn't last.. 3 hours tops. And it doesn't dry out my lips which is a plus, I wish it lasted longer!

Popular Lipsticks