April 16, 2014 | 1959 users online

Liquid - Revlon - PhotoReady Makeup

rated 3.4(1996 reviews)

rated 4 of 5 on 2/3/2013 10:59:00 PM More reviews by BulkyDecorativeClock

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to like this foundation, but it was Hell on my skin (yes, I oil-cleansed, etc).

For reference, I have sensitive, combo-dry skin. Even on smooth & freshly moisturized skin, this foundation left me looking like baked dirt by the end of the day (ie: flaky, cracking & dry).

With that being said, it looked beautiful (satin-matte/glowy) freshly applied & it might be an absolute godsend for someone who is fairly oily.

The Ivory was a good match on me for evening out blotchiness/neutralizing--I am pink-toned & pale (NW15 in MAC terms) . continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2013 10:39:00 PM More reviews by ParfumLust

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Frankly, I can understand why some people hate this product - I wouldn't want a foundation that made my face sparkle, either. Based on reviews, I've specifically looked at my face in direct sunlight and I don't really see any sparkles. I do see it a little on the back of my hand and I do see it in my bottle - but it doesn't translate to my face. I do cut this with some moisturizer and I lightly powder over it. Maybe those actions cut the sparkle?

That being said I'll get on with the rest of my review. For reference, I'm an NW15-20, Chanel BR12-22, Laura Mercier Tender Rose. I wear the shade 001 Ivory. I love that there is a shade that fits my pale, pale skin in the winter. Also, it's a cool pale - score! No looking jaundiced for me! I'm guessing that I'd move up to the shade Shell in the summer, but in the winter Ivory is perfect.
At full strength, I'd say it's a light to medium coverage foundation. As I've said before, I sheer this out with moisturizer. I don't feel this sitting on my skin, which I love. I also like that it doesn't go terribly oily on me. I still have to blot, but I don't end up looking like I've slopped crisco on my skin. I've also worn this on days I've gone to the gym and it's held up well. I find this a good foundation for running errands and weekends. I would not wear this to a major event or when I need my makeup to last forever. But that's just me. Basically, this isn't my HG foundation, but it is a nice staple of my makeup bag. I will be purchasing this shade again in the future.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2013 9:24:00 PM More reviews by Mollieismehehe

This is probably my 2nd favorite drug store foundation next to Revlon Colorstay. It matches my pale skin tone beautifully and gives your skin a dewy look. It does have super tiny sparkles in it that aren't obvious but just give your face a nice glow. I would say it has medium coverage and seems to stay all day for me without fading. This foundation rivals the high end foundations that are 3 times the price. If you want a really natural looking, flawless complexion without breaking the bank I would recommend this foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/17/2013 9:09:00 PM More reviews by makeupnmaria

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I loved it the minute I first put it on! Great coverage! I use it everyday!
Pros
-great coverage
-lasts long
-dewy look
-doesn't cause breakouts

Cons
-pricey
-after a long period (more than 5 hours) may leave face a tad oily
-Use setting powder to last!!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2013 10:06:00 PM More reviews by Babymutt01

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is one of the best drugstore foundations out there!!! I absolutely love this stuff!!! I was really wanting to get this foundation but was concerned about it because of all the negative reviews about little "glitters" and it oxidizing. I wish that the price was lower but I really wanted to try it out. I tried more foundations after that but I kept coming coming back to this one. It doesn't oxidize at all. I did see the little glittery things everyone kept talking about but it wasn't even noticeable unless you looked really really hard. I love the color and it matches me really well! I also love the pump which is really easy to control how much you want. It is super easy to blend with fingers and has a cap so it won't get messy. It is also a great size for travel and looks great in photos with or without flash. The sparkles in it just help adjust your skin with any kind of lighting you're in.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/15/2013 12:38:00 AM More reviews by jessahorsting

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Wow I absolutely love this product. My only con is that is oxidizes after wearing it all day and sometimes if I put too much on it cakes up. Other than that, this is my new favorite foundation. It is a bit pricey for drugstore makeup ($18 CAD!!) I have used their photo ready line before and decided to try the foundation. I am definitely not disappointed with this purchase. I use the photo ready conceal underneath, 3D mascara and powder. Their whole line is great for beginners that want a more full coverage. It is quite buildable and blends fairly well. I don't know what people are talking about with the sparkles/glitter... I definitely don't have any glitter in my foundation whatsoever. Bottom line is try it out for yourself - I definitely recommend and will repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/15/2013 12:06:00 AM More reviews by Runnergirl24

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

It is a good foundation however it made me break out in horrible small pimples all over my forehead and I have relatively acne free skin. I would recommend it if that didn't happen!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2013 12:32:00 AM More reviews by StupidUserNames

This is actually a great foundation. I think this gets lots of crap because many females don't know how to do their own makeup and probably put on a shimmery blush along with a shimmery bronzer and shimmery eyeshadow so of course you'll look like a disco ball! When I use this foundation it applies very nicely and it matches my skin tone nicely. Overall I really like this foundation. Also when I wear this I make sure everything else I apply is matte and I skip this highlighter just because those reflectors in this foundation is built in highlight so that's a tip for y'all there!! No Hate I just tell it like it is!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/6/2013 8:55:00 AM More reviews by imoen

oh my god, unfortunately the worst foundation i have ever used. it is full of tiny glitters - so you will look like disco ball, especially when you are outside and sun is shining. it also looks really cakey on the face and colour range in not the best. it was not cheap.
bought after all rave comments from bloggers and youtubers this was big disappointment for me.

edit: i have to add after reading another review that i am not using any blush, eyeshadows etc...just and only foundation (by flat top brush) and mattifying (!) powder, so unfortunately - this makes me look like a disco ball :-( even people around me realized i am shining (embarassing, yeek).

rated 4 of 5 on 1/4/2013 9:14:00 PM More reviews by starlighttears

The shade's a good match for my skin, the pump is really helpful since the previous foundation I tried didn't have one so that was a bonus

edit;
after using it for a few weeks, i did notice it oxidizing to a darker orangey/tan colour, it wasn't snooki orange, it was bearable. It doesn't stay very well, you need to set it really well and the coverage isn't really the best. after your face gets oily, the oily parts start showing your actual skin and shows my post acne spots. It is buildable but for my preference, i don't like wearing really heavy make up even if it's just foundation. I'd want to run home and wash it all off after a whole school day. All those oils build ups on it is just a really yucky feeling.