October 2, 2014 | 970 users online

Concealers - Make Up For Ever - Full Cover Concealer

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2013 12:10:00 AM More reviews by NGin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This concealer has been my HG since 2010. Nothing sticks to my skin quite as well.
My skin is quite temperamental. It's dehydrated and acne prone and it seems like only this covers my scars without breaking me out and sliding off after 2 h.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2013 12:05:00 AM More reviews by ChristianaWinters

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Background on my skin: Moderate acne with numerous highly pigmented acne scars. I also have oily skin, currently on Retin-A micro and clindamycin phosphate gel. But this concealer is amazing! It is completely matte and extremely opaque. It covers almost everything perfectly, it's fantastic and doesn't make me break out. I put a tiny amount on the back of my hand and use a fluffy synthetic blending brushing to 'pounce' & blend out the product on my active breakouts and acne scars. Keep in mind that this concealer does dry a tad shade darker. I'm a NC30 and I wear the color #7. The only downside is the price, $32 (USD) is pretty expensive for a poor professional student. However, when I run out I will buy this again! I couldn't imagine a day without it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2013 4:07:00 PM More reviews by kitty55

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

Simply the best! I have very oily, acne-prone skin and this is the only concealer that covers blemishes completely and lasts. It is too heavy for under-eye use, but for any scars, tattoos, etc. it covers better than any I've used and I've used all of them. It is expensive, but only a tiny bit is needed for each use and the packaging is sanitary and you can control the amount of product that comes out. One tube lasts me a full year so I feel it is worth the money. I am NC25-30 and use shade 5.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2013 3:28:00 PM More reviews by khloe101

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have two of these, one in thelightest shade and the other in the second lightest shade. I love love love the second one because it was a little more yellow and perfect for covering my acne scars and pimples. The consistancy is smooth, yet somehow thick AND blendable. This really is the best concealer for covering unwanted spots. However, the one I bought in the lightest shade (to brighten up my dark circles, I always use a shade lighter than my skintone) was much thicker than the other one. It didnt blend and was just cakey. So maybe it was just an unlucky concealer I bought. Also, Ive had this concealer for 7 months now and it's got about 1/4 left. So it lasts a long time, which is why I didnt knock down the price rating.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/20/2013 11:30:00 AM More reviews by Lyra16

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I did not buy this based on reviews, I just decided to order it and give it a go. I always moisturize my eye area. I realized that this concealer needed to be blended immediately after moisturizing which is new for me. I have normal to slightly dry skin on a bad day and this would not stay under my eyes. Amazing for the first minute RIGHT after blending, if it could only stay like that for 8 more hours or so. It faded, clumping together in spots leaving a dry caked mess. It made my skin look rough and dry. I imagine if it did work for me, over time it would lead up to a very dry irritated under eye area becoming impossible to work with. I can rest assured this product has no way of working under the eye area where I really need concealer.

If you are looking for an under eye concealer and have a normal &/or dry under eye area do not bother with this option. No need to waste your money, I already have for you. ):

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2013 5:45:00 AM More reviews by AngieTheBeautyGuru

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the best concealer ever! I have oily skin and it blends smoothly and evenly and is great at covering acne scars and under eye circles! And a little goes a long way! It's perfect! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 3/15/2013 4:52:00 AM More reviews by boobookeys

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This concealer is definitely for blemishes, not for under the eyes. It is very drying, sometimes even too dry for my flakey healing blemishes! It lasts a long time and has excellent coverage, but you definitely need to take time to work with it in order to get the best result. It is not a 'slap on and go' kind of concealer. If you use too much or put too many layers of it, it WILL be cakey, or become cakey later on in the day. You literally need the TINIEST smudge of this to cover a blemish because it is so pigmented. You just have to blend it out well with your finger because it dries super fast as well. The tiniest smudge will give me medium coverage, another layer of it will give me full. If you have very very dark scars, this concealer might become too cakey by the time you layer enough on to completely cover them, so you definitely need to exercise control when you use this! If you have acne in large areas, this might not be the best despite the coverage. It could look cakey and unnatural if you slap it on over a large area. Spot concealing is what this is best for, imo. All in all, the great coverage and longevity is enough to make me consider repurchasing. I would recommend mixing it with a more emollient concealer/high coverage foundation (e.g. EL DW or Vichy Dermablend Corrective Foundation) to make it easier to blend without sacrificing its coverage/longevity.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2013 3:22:00 AM More reviews by graceeunhyeso

I cannot live without this concealer. This hides my acne scarring perfectly. It blends so nicely over my foundation or even just over my moisturizer. I have the shade 5 which is a perfect match for my NC15-20 skin with super yellowy undertone.
This stays put all day and the packaging allows for you to control the exact amout you need.
This stuff is lasting me a super long time. I got this last june (or july, idk) and it is nowMarch and this tube seems almost half full. So the price is sooooo worth it.
I apply the tiniest dot on my finger and just tap on my scarring until blended and build up coverage if I need more.

I dont even wanna try out a other concealer because this is so great.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/7/2013 10:16:00 AM More reviews by naddy14

I did some research on which would be the best full cover concealer. I needed something to cover my scars and dark circles. Finally I decided to get this. I must say this concealer really helps to hide my scars. You have to build it up slowly otherwise it will look a bit cakey. As for my undereyes, it's a little drying. It really helps to minimize the appearance of my dark circles but I have to apply on alot because I really have terrible undereye. But overall this is really good but im also looking out for cheaper dupes for this concealer. No necessarily really cheap, but just a little cheaper since this costs me sgd$51 .

rated 4 of 5 on 2/14/2013 6:37:00 PM More reviews by prettycunning

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a good concealer, but as others have said before me, it is too drying to be used under the eyes. I have tried mixing it with numerous moisturizers and eye creams to help it apply more smoothly, but have found that unfortunately it doesn't mix well and the mixing also compromises the formula's opacity.

Another downside is that this is very expensive, especially for something I am unable to use as a dual purpose concealer for blemishes and the under-eye area.

Having said that, a tube of this does last a long time, especially as for blemish coverage you should only be using the tiniest amount to prevent caking. It does have good pigmentation and covers blemishes well, so if you were looking for something for spot coverage only I would recommend this.

However, if like me you have an extremely dark under-eye area, I would keep looking. It's just not something I can get excited enough about to purchase again.