July 22, 2014 | 1631 users online

Mascara - Rimmel - Volume Flash The Max

rated 3 of 5 on 4/2/2010 10:34:00 PM More reviews by prettydark

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

With a new wet tube, I loved this mascara despite some mild smudging on a wet day. It defined my inconsistent lashes without clumping, good volume and lengthening for me. I could reach my corner and lower lashes with the brush.

As this product aged and dried out, it became a horrid mess on me. It began clumping and smudging, I got intense raccoon eyes. My rating reflects my feelings about the whole tube over time.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/1/2010 4:01:00 PM More reviews by greenforever

I bought it when it is on promotion. Overall, it works well. Good Volume, lengthening and intense black color. I like that it holds curls very well and last for 5 hours at least.

The downside is that it still smudge on my eyes after a few hours. But most mascaras do on my eyes and I probably wouldn't complain too much.

I think if holding curls is the main thing you want for your lashes, I would definitely recommend this.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/1/2010 1:49:00 AM More reviews by LIVE4HIM4

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this mascara thinking it was a really good product for the price, but I found it was a waste of money. The packaging was really cheap. It flakes really bad and also clumps alot. I won't be buying this product again.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2010 4:32:00 PM More reviews by LUVrascal

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I wanted to try this to see what the fuss was about since reviews both here and in recent magazines have given this some high praise. But this didn't do anything for my lashes. I admit I love mascara and like to try pretty much everything out there.

I have long lashes, medium brown color with light tips, and I prefer a thickening mascara so I can have a very dramatic look. I got this in Extreme Black, and the deep color was about the only thing that I liked. The formula clumps, immediately pulls my curl out, and doesn't offer any volume at all. It's also impossible to build this up because of the tendency to clump and the very wet consistency. Even when I let my lashes dry in between coats and used a lash comb, I had the same clumped together, wilted effect.

It does wash off easily, which is good since I wanted to get rid of this mess right away. I threw it away after two attempts.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2010 12:40:00 PM More reviews by taybear96

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have to admit I bought this mascara because I loved the cute pink and gold packaging but I was very plesently surprised with this mascara... it has a similar effect to lash blast but with a little less volume and more length. I really love this mascara because It gives a falsie effect (:

rated 1 of 5 on 3/29/2010 9:39:00 AM More reviews by MakeMeUp14326

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This mascara is just a little bit horrid. It's clumpy, smudgy, flaky, and doesn't coat my lashes evenly. I really can't find any redeeming qualities. Blech.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2010 12:16:00 AM More reviews by TopNote

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

To me this is a pretty good mascara. I like the long bristles on the brush. Its okay at volumizing, but to me most volumizing mascaras don't live up to their name. It washes off easy, with no flaking or smearing.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/28/2010 11:56:00 PM More reviews by SummerAnnLove

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS MASCARA!(:
My eyelashes are usually hecka stubborn, but with this it makes them long and have loads of volume. (:
it's also very dramatic.
I would so buy a second time, new favorite drug store mascara.?
Hellla(:
haha.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/26/2010 11:49:00 AM More reviews by cherylf

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought this mascara in the US before it was available in Canada, because I heard so many wonderful things about it, and I wasn't disappointed. I never have any flaking at all and it does a great job of adding volume.
I find it to be a bit of a wet formula, so sometimes I do get transfer on my upper eyelid when applying it.
I like that with a couple of coats you can get more of a dramatic look. I like it for going out.
NB: I have only used this with Shiseido's mascara base, because I use that base with EVERY mascara. It is my only HG product. Therefore, I cannot comment on how this mascara looks on a bare eyelash.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/24/2010 3:41:00 PM More reviews by SummerLuvin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product is VERY average. I was expecting more from the (mostly) great reviews here. I didn't have any problem with smudging or flaking, but this clumps like crazy! With any good mascara I have tried, I have never found the need to use an eyelash comb. Upon application with this mascara however, I needed to grab the comb immediately to seperate every lash that had stuck together. Even after doing so, I was still left with a couple 'spikes' on each eye.

The formula really didn't do anything at all the lengthen or add volume to my lashes. I would have to apply at least one to two more coats for that. Considering how bad it clumped with just one, trying to comb through more coats would destroy my lashes. No thanks!