April 19, 2014 | 1887 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Hard Candy - Sheer Envy Primer

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/9/2011 4:06:00 PM More reviews by devildoll133

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

If I could give 6 stars, I would because this primer just is about the best I came across so far. I've been using Smashbox before but I think, this one is even better and you get a LOT more product for your money!!

It doesn't make me break out, the makeup stays in place all day with it, and it does basically what a good primer should do. I have sensitive combination/oily skin and I don't have problems with it. The key is just not to use too much, otherwise you will look greasy, no matter what. Will definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2011 3:15:00 PM More reviews by sweaterbrau

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

At the rate I'm going, this stuff is going to last me FOREVER! You only need a tiny amount (like another user said, about a pea-size dot) and it makes your face feel velvety smooth. This is the first primer I've actually used but I love it. It makes your foundation go on so smooth and it makes it last all day...and it's readily available without having to go to a specialty store or order online (thank you, Walmart!).

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2011 5:37:00 PM More reviews by Catalyzt2012

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite primer. You only need a little bit, like a pea size amount, and your makeup lasts for hours. I didn't need to touch up my foundation much but I did have to add powder because it's not mattifying. I have oily, acne-prone skin and honestly, this stuff is the best for my skin that I've used so far.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/26/2011 9:57:00 PM More reviews by NerdyGirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Meh, this is an ok product. It didn't make my mu last too much longer than it does on its own. It's greasy, like rubbing cooking greasy on your face. I wouldn't repurchase this.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/25/2011 2:19:00 AM More reviews by mzmaheen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I've never tried anything by Hard Candy or any primer as a matter of fact. But I just bought it today, and did a trial. It's actually really good so far. It feels smooth and quite softening.

I think it wouldn't work out for you if you have really oily skin or even combo. I suffer from SEVERLY dry skin, so I think it's working wonders.

Don't know much about the lasting power, but I shall update once I try it out for a few days.

A little tip: Powder is a mustttttttt for oily skin!
*use NYC Smoothing Powder (which makes my skin exceedingly dry*

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2011 1:38:00 AM More reviews by OlgaCast

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have oily skin (and am breakout prone) and honestly it works great for me. I have tried soo many primers. I mean you name it I have tried it. This is just as good as some very expensive products (even better than a lot of them). It costs so little and I say just give it a try. If you do not like it then just return it. Wal mart has awesome return policy. It did not break me out at all. Everyone's skin is different so it may work for you, but it may not. Overall I recommend it :)

rated 4 of 5 on 7/25/2011 1:19:00 AM More reviews by ely617

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This primer really does make my foundation go on so smooth! Normally I don't even put foundation on my nose because my pores there are so big and clogged, but this smooths out everything and hides the large pores around my nose and cheeks. I haven't noticed a difference in the lasting time of my foundation, but I don't normally pay attention to that anyway, so I just can't say. I also don't think it cuts back my oil very noticeably, but I think it's worth it for the smoothness alone. It doesn't feel greasy unless you use too much, and you have to be careful because a little goes a looong way! And it's not that it's oily, it's just so smooth!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2011 12:03:00 AM More reviews by knics33

This is by far my favorite drugstore primer. For reference, my favorite primers are Korres Silicone Free primer and the Tarte Clean Slate primer (in third place, Hard Candy Sheer Envy). Yes, the consistency is kinda weird/can seem "gross", but it blends out like a dream and really helps my foundation application, skin tone, and overall feel of my face. It's almost like there is a silicone free primer (the ones that look like a face lotion/aren't the clear gel type) and a regular silicone primer blended together in the tube, which is where the odd consistency comes from. I think of it as if you are getting best of both worlds with this primer. Also, this has NOT broken me out! This is by far the best drugstore primer that I have tried and will *definitely* repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/19/2011 8:09:00 PM More reviews by cony17

I was very excited about this product at first, but after using it a couple if times it broke me out like crazy. Oily all over and sticky... Felt kind of rubbish on my face and didn't absorb quickly. In my opinion it would be great for people with extremely dry skin , those with combination and oily should avoid at all times... :/

rated 4 of 5 on 7/17/2011 12:54:00 PM More reviews by mariahlynn

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is the first primer that I have ever tried, and I personally love it. I onlu have to use a pea size amount and I'm good to go. It makes my skin feel so smooth and gives me a nice matte look...I don't even need to wear foundation over it!

I do plan on trying other primers once I run out of this one, just to see how they compare to the Hard Candy Sheer Envy Primer...but I would buy this again.