October 25, 2014 | 1773 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Hard Candy - Sheer Envy Primer

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2011 1:58:00 PM More reviews by lipglossjunkee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a review for the original Sheer Envy primer....I didn't mind the price ($8) but I hated how greasy I felt all day long AND the fact that it broke me out almost immediately. I tried it for 2 days and had greasy skin and breakouts (and this was the only new product in my regime) so I returned it. I love this brand, and I was sad that it didn't work.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2011 9:31:00 PM More reviews by jueykang

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

Great, affordable primer. Doesn't emphasize my dry areas too. Love.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/20/2011 7:51:00 PM More reviews by HannahS30

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this primer! it made my skin so smooth and silky! and doesn't break me out!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/18/2011 12:54:00 PM More reviews by jessicaortiz20

I had never really used a primer before but decided maybe I should be using it considering my makeup always rubs off. I bought this primer along with loreal naturale mineral powder. First when you apply the primer it feels sort of greasy but I think it has more of a whipped texture than anything and since I have combination skin I thought it was going to make my skin really oily which it did not do. I applied it and then on top put the loreal naturale powder on top and it made the coverage very even! I love both of these products.
I accidently slept in my make up last night and woke up to see my makeup look exactly the same as it did when I had first applied it! I was very shocked that the primer worked so well! Also, I have used this product before and it has never made me breakout or anything....I would definately buy this again!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/17/2011 4:05:00 PM More reviews by JACsMama

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Ok..so I've been on a hunt for my HG primer and saw that our Walmart carried Hard Candy so I got this. I couldn't decide whether I wanted this or the Sheer Illuminating Primer but since I had already had my mind set on the Sheer Envy..I just got that one. Now I'm wondering if I made a mistake. I really wanted to like this with some of the reviews and some people swearing by it. Plus..it's only $6!! But..I just can't like it. It is kind of oily right when you put it on. I would imagine had I tried to apply my foundation right afterwards, it would have been a hot mess. I let it sit on my face for a few minutes to soak in and it was a little better after that but still not what I was expecting. I almost took it off and used what I think is going to be my HG primer (L'Oreal Studio Secrets Magic Perfecting Base) but I decided I should at least give it a day to see how I like it before completely tossing it to the side (or on my swap list haha!) The staying power was something to be desired. I felt like as soon as I got a little hot, my makeup just melted right off so that ruined any chance I had of maybe liking this stuff. I dunno...I may keep it a little longer before giving it another go but it didn't do so well this time!! Maybe it will be better in the fall/winter when it's not so hot and I'm not sweating as much because I will admit that I did *kinda* like how it felt after it soaked in my skin!!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/16/2011 1:04:00 AM More reviews by xnobzx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this after I first discovered Hard Candy at my Walmart the other day and was initially thrilled that their products are being sold again....then I tried the products I bought and realized I got my hopes up for no reason. This "primer" doesn't do anything but make the skin super oily and does not absorb well....if at all. The ingredients looked somewhat promising from the first 3 or 4 main ingredients in the ingredient list (contained the same base ingredients as many high end primers) but the rest of the ingredients really made this product fail. Even after the primer "sinks in"(kinda, sorta, but not really) it doesn't make it easier to apply foundation. It feels like you are applying makeup to really oily skin that hasn't been washed in 2 weeks, not a enjoyable experience at all. And as for the staying power....What staying power!?!?! This made my foundation slip off my face within 30 minutes after application! The packaging was nice looking but when I went to pick up the product the 2nd day after I used it I realized that the product was leaking out of the cap even with it fully on and secure, it felt very oily and the actual outside of the tube was completely clean when I used it last. Terrible experience, miss the old school Hard Candy, will not repurchase. On the plus side this does give me yet another reason not to have to set foot into Walmart! I HATE Walmart with a passion, but that's another review.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/15/2011 10:49:00 PM More reviews by nicolem10

I LOVE this face primer, it really makes my skin smooth for applying my foundation! However the reason why I 1 lippie off is because
a) It doesnt really give your foundation a longer staying power
b) it seperates so you have to shake it before each use.

I would have to say this is right up there with smash box primer, it really is awesome for a drug store product and worth the purchase!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/15/2011 9:53:00 PM More reviews by dopekickss

i had super high expectations for this primer. i hoped it would smooth out my dry patches, fill in my pores and keep my foundation on longerr.... FALSE! i dont really mind the greasy feelng but it did nothing to help my foundation application go on smoother. and instead hiding my pores.. it clogged them and broke me out like crazy... never again will i use this!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/9/2011 4:06:00 PM More reviews by devildoll133

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

If I could give 6 stars, I would because this primer just is about the best I came across so far. I've been using Smashbox before but I think, this one is even better and you get a LOT more product for your money!!

It doesn't make me break out, the makeup stays in place all day with it, and it does basically what a good primer should do. I have sensitive combination/oily skin and I don't have problems with it. The key is just not to use too much, otherwise you will look greasy, no matter what. Will definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2011 3:15:00 PM More reviews by sweaterbrau

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

At the rate I'm going, this stuff is going to last me FOREVER! You only need a tiny amount (like another user said, about a pea-size dot) and it makes your face feel velvety smooth. This is the first primer I've actually used but I love it. It makes your foundation go on so smooth and it makes it last all day...and it's readily available without having to go to a specialty store or order online (thank you, Walmart!).