August 28, 2014 | 1130 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Hard Candy - Sheer Envy Primer

rated 2 of 5 on 8/17/2011 4:05:00 PM More reviews by JACsMama

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Ok..so I've been on a hunt for my HG primer and saw that our Walmart carried Hard Candy so I got this. I couldn't decide whether I wanted this or the Sheer Illuminating Primer but since I had already had my mind set on the Sheer Envy..I just got that one. Now I'm wondering if I made a mistake. I really wanted to like this with some of the reviews and some people swearing by it. Plus..it's only $6!! But..I just can't like it. It is kind of oily right when you put it on. I would imagine had I tried to apply my foundation right afterwards, it would have been a hot mess. I let it sit on my face for a few minutes to soak in and it was a little better after that but still not what I was expecting. I almost took it off and used what I think is going to be my HG primer (L'Oreal Studio Secrets Magic Perfecting Base) but I decided I should at least give it a day to see how I like it before completely tossing it to the side (or on my swap list haha!) The staying power was something to be desired. I felt like as soon as I got a little hot, my makeup just melted right off so that ruined any chance I had of maybe liking this stuff. I dunno...I may keep it a little longer before giving it another go but it didn't do so well this time!! Maybe it will be better in the fall/winter when it's not so hot and I'm not sweating as much because I will admit that I did *kinda* like how it felt after it soaked in my skin!!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/16/2011 1:04:00 AM More reviews by xnobzx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this after I first discovered Hard Candy at my Walmart the other day and was initially thrilled that their products are being sold again....then I tried the products I bought and realized I got my hopes up for no reason. This "primer" doesn't do anything but make the skin super oily and does not absorb well....if at all. The ingredients looked somewhat promising from the first 3 or 4 main ingredients in the ingredient list (contained the same base ingredients as many high end primers) but the rest of the ingredients really made this product fail. Even after the primer "sinks in"(kinda, sorta, but not really) it doesn't make it easier to apply foundation. It feels like you are applying makeup to really oily skin that hasn't been washed in 2 weeks, not a enjoyable experience at all. And as for the staying power....What staying power!?!?! This made my foundation slip off my face within 30 minutes after application! The packaging was nice looking but when I went to pick up the product the 2nd day after I used it I realized that the product was leaking out of the cap even with it fully on and secure, it felt very oily and the actual outside of the tube was completely clean when I used it last. Terrible experience, miss the old school Hard Candy, will not repurchase. On the plus side this does give me yet another reason not to have to set foot into Walmart! I HATE Walmart with a passion, but that's another review.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/15/2011 10:49:00 PM More reviews by nicolem10

I LOVE this face primer, it really makes my skin smooth for applying my foundation! However the reason why I 1 lippie off is because
a) It doesnt really give your foundation a longer staying power
b) it seperates so you have to shake it before each use.

I would have to say this is right up there with smash box primer, it really is awesome for a drug store product and worth the purchase!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/15/2011 9:53:00 PM More reviews by dopekickss

i had super high expectations for this primer. i hoped it would smooth out my dry patches, fill in my pores and keep my foundation on longerr.... FALSE! i dont really mind the greasy feelng but it did nothing to help my foundation application go on smoother. and instead hiding my pores.. it clogged them and broke me out like crazy... never again will i use this!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/9/2011 4:06:00 PM More reviews by devildoll133

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

If I could give 6 stars, I would because this primer just is about the best I came across so far. I've been using Smashbox before but I think, this one is even better and you get a LOT more product for your money!!

It doesn't make me break out, the makeup stays in place all day with it, and it does basically what a good primer should do. I have sensitive combination/oily skin and I don't have problems with it. The key is just not to use too much, otherwise you will look greasy, no matter what. Will definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2011 3:15:00 PM More reviews by sweaterbrau

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

At the rate I'm going, this stuff is going to last me FOREVER! You only need a tiny amount (like another user said, about a pea-size dot) and it makes your face feel velvety smooth. This is the first primer I've actually used but I love it. It makes your foundation go on so smooth and it makes it last all day...and it's readily available without having to go to a specialty store or order online (thank you, Walmart!).

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2011 5:37:00 PM More reviews by Catalyzt2012

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite primer. You only need a little bit, like a pea size amount, and your makeup lasts for hours. I didn't need to touch up my foundation much but I did have to add powder because it's not mattifying. I have oily, acne-prone skin and honestly, this stuff is the best for my skin that I've used so far.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/26/2011 9:57:00 PM More reviews by NerdyGirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Meh, this is an ok product. It didn't make my mu last too much longer than it does on its own. It's greasy, like rubbing cooking greasy on your face. I wouldn't repurchase this.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/25/2011 2:19:00 AM More reviews by mzmaheen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

I've never tried anything by Hard Candy or any primer as a matter of fact. But I just bought it today, and did a trial. It's actually really good so far. It feels smooth and quite softening.

I think it wouldn't work out for you if you have really oily skin or even combo. I suffer from SEVERLY dry skin, so I think it's working wonders.

Don't know much about the lasting power, but I shall update once I try it out for a few days.

A little tip: Powder is a mustttttttt for oily skin!
*use NYC Smoothing Powder (which makes my skin exceedingly dry*

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2011 1:38:00 AM More reviews by OlgaCast

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have oily skin (and am breakout prone) and honestly it works great for me. I have tried soo many primers. I mean you name it I have tried it. This is just as good as some very expensive products (even better than a lot of them). It costs so little and I say just give it a try. If you do not like it then just return it. Wal mart has awesome return policy. It did not break me out at all. Everyone's skin is different so it may work for you, but it may not. Overall I recommend it :)