OH I can not stand the strong smell... I'm giving this to someone else.
Its not comparable to real argan oil its alot heavier and greasy feeling, used it for 2 months with no difference in my hair whatso ever..=( was very excited to thing this was going to be my HG but no the search continues
It leaves an awful red color on blonde hair. It took a week to wash it all out. It may have argan oil in it, but it does not have the same amount. It has a lot more chemicals. A lot of sallys generic products are like that. They have more alcholol and less of the actual good ingredients.
I would give this a -5 but that wasn't an option. NEVER BUY THIS IF U HAVE BLONDE HAIR!!!!!
- Pros: smooth; shine; less heat damage; less frizz; cheap
- Cons: need just the right amount; doesn't work on dry hair
- I have long black, wavy, thick hair and before I started using argan oil I had a terrible problem with frizz and not being able to get my hair perfectly straight.
- I can definitely say this brand of argan oil does its job. The oil itself is a nice peachy color that has some thickness and goes on smoothly. The smell is pleasing and not overpowering! After using it I noticed that flat ironing my hair is a lot easier and I don't have to worry about my hair frizzing up later. My friends have also been telling me that they noticed a huge diffierence in the quality of my hair.
- My only problems with this brand is that if I apply too little an amount my hair is tough and dry, but if I apply too much my hair appears greasy.
- Price: The price for this product is very fair considering how long the amount of oil lasts. My hair is very long and I have gone almost six months with the same bottle; using about a dime-sized amount almost every day. I picked this up for about $10.
- Packaging: The bottle itself is thick and durable, but is also transparent so you can see how much product is left. My only problem being that the twist-cap is a bit messy and it is easy for oil to spill over.
- Although this isn't the BEST argan oil on the market, it is good for its price, and I would buy it again if I ever finish with it.
I have stick straight hair, so I am not sure how well this works for frizz. I did buy this for added shine and added shine I got! I apply this to damp hair and blow dry. Sometimes, I take a couple of drops and mix it with leave in conditioner. For whatever reason, whenever I use this treatment, my hair dries faster. I'm not complaining since a shortened routine makes me happy.
I will, however, complain about the packaging. A pump or a dropper would be nice. This bottle is not ideal for keeping things neat. I only want a drop or two and then I lose a few more that dribble down the side of the bottle. But what is a tiny mess compared to shiny hair?
I received a bottle of this for free at Sallys beauty supply by using the March coupon. I've never tried the brand name Moroccan oil but after using this for about a week I feel it does everything I expected it to do. My hair is really thin and there's not a lot of it, it's also damaged and I have tons of split ends since I don't get trims because I'm trying to grow it out. I've used biosilk, chi silk infusion, Paul Mitchell skinny serum, pureology serum and pretty much most of the higher end serums on my hair and none of them have made my hair look as good as this does!!! I use about a dime size amount, after I detangle my wet hair, and concentrate mostly on the ends and then spread it throughout my hair avoiding the root area. This does make my hair dry faster when blow drying. Usually my hair gets frizzy and tangled after I blow dry, but when I use this it looks shiny and smooth. After I flat Iron my hair, it looks so healthy and silky, I can't believe it's my hair. I definitely recommend this for someone who has damaged hair, and wants it to look healthy and shiny again. I will continue to repurchase but I imagine this little bottle will last me for a really long time.
Fantastic product, glad i skipped out on the ridiculously price Morrocan oil. This delivers the results it promises for about $8.
This is a great product for finishing your hair. Don't use too much or it'll totally ruin your look, making your hair look like you haven't washed it in a week! Smells great, the only thing is they should make the hole smaller as it is hard to control the amount that comes out!
I was almost out of my Moroccan Oil brand and bought this on a whim at Sally's. I was hoping to save a little money but found out quickly that you get what you pay for. I used a smaller amount than what I would usually use of my Moroccan Oil and it made my hair a greasy mess! I think the amount of argan oil is minuscule in this brand since it is listed near the bottom. Lesson learned!
First off, my hair is...a pain in my arse. It's fine, medium thickness, slightly dry at the top, and wavy all over, neck length. It's also color treated, but I rarely keep up with highlights or dye. Anyway, dry spots at the top, can be unruly. I wanted to buy the name brand of Moroccan oil but found myself to be turned off by the price. After research and comparison, I found this to be just as good or the same. So I drove to my local Sally's, got the club card, and walked out with riveting reds, the argan oil restorative mask, and oil itself. Showered that night with the deep conditioner, and soaked my hair in the oil at night. My hair was curly and shiny, but bed head. Still nicer than usual though. Took a shower, used the mask and oil again, blew dry it and WOW, it was soooooooooo nice. Straight, shiny, sleek, and just healthy looking. When I went to work I wasn't expecting anyone to notice, but my managers shot some nice compliments over my hair. Love this.