October 21, 2014 | 1756 users online

Hair Treatments - One 'n Only - Argan Oil Treatment

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2011 3:07:00 PM More reviews by SChiara

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This product does nothing for me. It only contains a bunch of silicones, and then argan oil as the last ingredient. What a joke.
I don't use silicones in my hair products at all (not in my shampoo, conditioner or treatments), so this product is a big no-no for me. It may seem like your hair gets healthier from using this silicone loaded serum, but in reality you're probably drying out your hair by coating it with a little layer that makes it look uber shiney. But even when you do like to use some silicones in your serum though, there is probably a better quality product out there than this.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2011 1:47:00 PM More reviews by wagashi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

There are pictures of my awful natural hair in my pictures if you're curious as to what I'm working with here D: I've used this for a week to get a good idea of how this compares to Moroccanoil and I've found that there are distinct differences. For me, Moroccanoil works as a detangler in the morning after I've washed my hair -- after washing my hair can take almost 5 minutes just to brush through with no product in it and it's not long. Moroccanoil is a miracle because only a tiny amount somehow makes my hair instantly brushable. However, after my hair has totally dried, it's still poofy. I use Chi Keratin Mist on top and finally my hair falls like real, smooth hair and looks shiny and healthy. Still great though! This product is similar to Moroccanoil in that it smells great and is a trusty detangler. The first day I tried it I rubbed a dollop between my hands, rubbed it in my damp ends, then put Chi Keratin Mist on top as usual. As a result my hair was TOTALLY GREASY. Luckily I had a bottle of dry shampoo in my bag! The greasiness was exactly like when I unwittingly put 100% argan oil in my hair, so I'm thinking that this product actually contains more argan oil than Moroccanoil. The next day, I used a little less of this product and skipped the Keratin Mist and my hair looked shiny and gorgeous. I do think this is a very comparable product and this might actually be the better of the two, since it doesn't need any additional products and seems to work as a real treatment and not just as a styling product. It just needs a little practice in figuring out how much is the right amount to use to avoid any greasiness. But at $13 for 3.4 fl oz as opposed to $17 for .85 fl oz for the tiny Moroccanoil bottle (which is what I have), this is certainly a better deal. Would recommend anyone who loves Moroccanoil but would like to save some money!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2011 4:21:00 AM More reviews by missymarissa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Don't know what there is a to not like about this! I have fine slightly dry and damaged hair and this always does the trick for me to really add shine. But I feel like it does more than just add shine, I've used it for several weeks and my hair actually got healthier. Start at ends with this and with the tiny amount of risidual product you have left on the palms of your hands smooth a little over top of your head/ crown..but be careful, it will make your roots look greasy, don't use any there. And I actually really like the smell! It's not that strong it just smells like warm carmel to me. This vs. a silicone frizz serum without argan oil, One N' Only wins for deeper moisturizing and frizz control! Your hair will look amazing especially if you straighten, but either way its winner!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2011 2:50:00 AM More reviews by TakenByHim

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This has got to be one of the worst hair products I've ever used. I have thin and damaged hair. I normally use CHI Silk Infusion but I wanted to try something new. Even if I use a very teeny tiny amount of this (while hair is wet or dry), it leaves my hair looking greasy. I don't have strong sensitivity to smell at all. I hardly ever complain about the scent of beauty related products but this stuff really stinks!! OMG I can't even describe the odor but it's awful and it can linger for a long time.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/8/2011 9:15:00 PM More reviews by jacoba

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I would buy this product again if Morrocanoil was discontinued... Apparently Morrocanoil and this Argan oil are derived from the same product, but I just like having the "designer" version of it haha. But one small bottle has lasted me almost a year, and I have very long hair and use it every time I shower. Even after I get highlights in my hair that need bleach to lighten, my stylists always comment on how well my ends manage to hold up during the process. This is the best investment you will make for your hair!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2011 11:11:00 PM More reviews by BreeBee

This stuff is a perfect alternative to the brand name Moroccanoil treatment! I loved what moroccanoil does for my fine, thin and color processed hair and this does the exact same thing only its wayyy cheaper. Smells the same too, its awesome. I use a couple drops on damp hair and let my hair airdry and voila! Shiny, soft hair that smells yummy haha seriously, dont overspend on salon brand names, this stuff literally does the same exact thing as moroccanoil! In fact, I personally think this works even better. I'd also reccomend the shampoo and conditioner, they work great as well <3 I love the whole line. I have yet to try the mask yet but im sure i'll love it too! Never again will I burn a hole in my wallet when an inexpensive dupe is in reach.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/3/2011 5:34:00 AM More reviews by FayeFleurDeLis

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

OH I can not stand the strong smell... I'm giving this to someone else.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/30/2011 3:37:00 AM More reviews by britt151

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Its not comparable to real argan oil its alot heavier and greasy feeling, used it for 2 months with no difference in my hair whatso ever..=( was very excited to thing this was going to be my HG but no the search continues

rated 1 of 5 on 3/29/2011 2:30:00 PM More reviews by kwomack

It leaves an awful red color on blonde hair. It took a week to wash it all out. It may have argan oil in it, but it does not have the same amount. It has a lot more chemicals. A lot of sallys generic products are like that. They have more alcholol and less of the actual good ingredients.

I would give this a -5 but that wasn't an option. NEVER BUY THIS IF U HAVE BLONDE HAIR!!!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/27/2011 12:15:00 PM More reviews by zoogoesrawr

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

- Pros: smooth; shine; less heat damage; less frizz; cheap
- Cons: need just the right amount; doesn't work on dry hair

- I have long black, wavy, thick hair and before I started using argan oil I had a terrible problem with frizz and not being able to get my hair perfectly straight.
- I can definitely say this brand of argan oil does its job. The oil itself is a nice peachy color that has some thickness and goes on smoothly. The smell is pleasing and not overpowering! After using it I noticed that flat ironing my hair is a lot easier and I don't have to worry about my hair frizzing up later. My friends have also been telling me that they noticed a huge diffierence in the quality of my hair.
- My only problems with this brand is that if I apply too little an amount my hair is tough and dry, but if I apply too much my hair appears greasy.
- Price: The price for this product is very fair considering how long the amount of oil lasts. My hair is very long and I have gone almost six months with the same bottle; using about a dime-sized amount almost every day. I picked this up for about $10.
- Packaging: The bottle itself is thick and durable, but is also transparent so you can see how much product is left. My only problem being that the twist-cap is a bit messy and it is easy for oil to spill over.
- Although this isn't the BEST argan oil on the market, it is good for its price, and I would buy it again if I ever finish with it.