December 20, 2014 | 1580 users online

Loose Powders - NARS - Loose Powder

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2007 11:23:00 PM More reviews by Galaxygirl13

I really love this powder. It is definitely just a loose powder and does not offer much as far as coverage. Even though it is very light, it gives that perfect airbrushed and polished look to your face and does help to cover blotchiness and red areas. I have pretty fair skin that can become uneven very easily, and this powder help to cover any red areas after i use concealer. It is really light and does not feel oily of heavy at all. I use it every day and it has never made me break out or emphasized my pores. I usually put it on over my blush to tone it down a bit. The only con about this product is the packaging. It is so big (which is good i guess cause i don't think I'll ever run out) that it does not travel well. I soon found out that the best way to carry it is to stuff tissue in the top so it does not totally spill out everywhere when you open it.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2007 10:00:00 PM More reviews by orangemich

I am in love with this product. It's so natural and not flaky at all, you can't even tell I'm wearing powder and it helps set my foundation great.

Its pricey, but you get a lot of product for the value. I'm definitely going to buy more... whenever I finish. Still have tons left!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/2/2007 11:27:00 PM More reviews by pordanil

I don't feel a need to repeat all that's been said here. Basically, NARS Loose Powder is an amazing loose powder.

The problem is, it turns a shade darker on me.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2007 12:58:00 AM More reviews by SweetOlives

I have fallen in love with this powder. I bought it based on the great reviews here and I have not been let down! I purchased this powder in Beach and it's a great match for my skin.

One of the reasons why I love this so much is because it makes my skin look finished and smooth without looking like I have anything on! It sort of melts into my face and looks completely natural while evening my skin tone. For reference, I only use concealer under this; I don't wear foundation.

The only thing I'm not too happy with is the packaging. It's difficult not to get powder all over my vanity and when the black exterior of the container gets dirty, it's very noticeable. But the powder itself is fantastic!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2007 1:36:00 PM More reviews by lessie

I recently went to the States on a shopping trip (from Canada) and I walked into Sephora with my handy list of everything I wanted to buy. I'm sooo happy I bought this powder. Thanks to all the MUA reviewers.

I use Trucco foundation and was previously using a compact foundation/powder from Artistry (not very popular, but higher end). I have combination to oily skin and normally within a couple of hours of applying my makeup I would be shiny, and by the end of the day, my face would feel like an oil slick. I know, gross.

NARS loose powder is incredible! At work when I look in the mirror mid-morning expecting to have to blot, my face still looks matte. Last Friday at the end of a long day of work, and then spending 3 hours at the mall after that, I was hesitant to see what I looked like...expecting my make up to be sliding off I was shocked to see that it still looked perfect!! And I wasn't oily either!! I'm hoping that this powder will stop the vicious cycle of foundation and powder -> more oil -> more breakouts -> more foundation etc....and that one day I'll be able to just use a bit of powder and blush. Oh, how I hope.

I urge you to try this powder. At $33 I don't think it's unreasonable for such a good product and for the amount you get.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2007 3:38:00 AM More reviews by breaseygirl

Um, wow. This product is a miracle.

Firstly, I was so suprised that 'Snow' matched my fair skin.

Secondly, the quality of this product is AMAZING. The coverage is so adjustable. Blurs my imperfections, without ever being cakey (unlike every other loose powder I've ever used!). Perfect for night time when I need something light to set my foundation, or for day time AS my foundation. That's right, I don't even need foundation anymore and this is coming from someone who likes full coverage! Feels so light on my skin, and yet looks flawless.

I will repurchase again and again. Well worth the price, it has eliminated a whole step in my makeup routine and the container is huge.

Thanks MUA, I wouldn't have tried this product if it hadn't of been for the reviews!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2007 4:32:00 PM More reviews by jiney17

What I like best about this powder is that I can brush on layer after layer with my Prescriptives' bronzer brush (used in lieu of a normal powder brush) and not end up with a chalky, dusty-looking face. It mattifies without making one look like a corpse--your skin still looks like skin, not a makeup mask (believe me, since I put this on after foundation and between layers of concealer). It doesn't seem more finely-milled than my cheapo NYC loose powder but this melts onto skin rather than sitting on top and subtly blurs imperfections, leaving one with an even, velvety-looking finish.

The color (Eden) is a warm-toned, slightly yellow beige that works well with my NC25ish complexion. It doesn't alter the color of my foundation and it sets makeup very well. It's the most expensive powder I've ever bought, but you do get a pretty large amount, and only need a small amount per application.

As for packaging: The container is large, but also bulky and the rubber catches dust and powder really well, so this always looks a little dirty. I personally like the net sifter--it's nifty and prevents too much product from getting out at once. The puff is useless and I only use it to fill up the space between the sifter and lid. I was debating between this and the loose powder from Becca, but pricewise, this works out better for me. I think I would repurchase unless I find something much better.

ETA: This ended up contributing to clogged pores and breakouts (as do a lot of loose powders, in my case). I've switched to pure silk powder (Lumiere) and am much happier. It sets makeup beautifully, perfects skin, mattifies without making skin look dead, and has NEVER broken me out.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/9/2007 6:29:00 PM More reviews by 3buzyboyz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I tried this powder after all of the reviews here. I cannot say enough good things about it. It sets my foundation perfectly and makes my skin look wonderful. Before this, I was using BE mineral veil and WOW what a difference. I would have never tried this product had I not looked here first when I needed powder. Thanks MUA!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2007 11:58:00 AM More reviews by dv_27

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

The best loose powder ever, to be honest have'nt tried lots so i cant compare. It goes on very light and feels like have'nt had any makeup on, which i loveee..tinted moisturizer + this powder and blush and i am good to go...Its not pricey atall considering the quantity, i will continue to buy this..
EDIT - I could add 5 extra stars, i keep getting compliments..this is the best loose powder ever..hope they never ever discontinue this shade.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/27/2007 7:36:00 PM More reviews by Chickeys

I bought this powder after thinking that MAC Blot wasn't doing the trick anymore...boy was I wrong! This NARS stuff is alright -- but it doesn't hold a candle to Blot! I thought this product was fairly cake, hard to make it look natural, and the giant sifter box is packaging insanity! For $33, I can buy 2 Blot compacts and have less mess! Would not repurchase.