October 21, 2014 | 2000 users online

Liquid - Maybelline - SuperStay 24HR Makeup - New Version

rated 4 of 5 on 4/14/2012 10:01:00 PM More reviews by Beccads90

It's better than alot I've tried, cosmetic counters rarely match me correctly so I have stuff that's wrong, this matches. It also covers pretty well and stays to about 80% of what I'd like. I'm oily and I work around heat and food (salad not fast food) but I still need to keep matte and have coverage as I have cystic acne on my cheeks a bit. The only reason i say it could be better is because it gets slightly clumpd up around my fine lines. But that may be as I've been using stuff to clear my skin it's been a bit dry in certain areas.
Other than that it's my go to right now.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/12/2012 8:08:00 AM More reviews by Denise18

I was looking for a foundation without SPF for photos, and SuperStay was mentioned while reading posts on the MU board. Based on reviews, I chose the second lightest shade, Sand Beige. When I first applied it, it was a really great match for my NC20 complexion. The coverage was fabulous without even having to build on it. It covered the redness on my cheeks, and (shock!) even managed to cover some of the darkness under my eyes. It didn't settle into my pores or fine lines, and it didn't feel thick or heavy on my skin, considering the coverage it gave me. But here's where the letdown comes in ~ within less than a half-hour, it oxidized to an orangy-tan. So disappointing! Seriously, this would have a fabulous drugstore find (at less than $10) if it just stayed the shade I had put on my skin and didn't make me look like I had a bad fake tan on just my face. I would not repurchase (in fact, I will be returning it), but I did give it 3 stars for the coverage, price point, and how it felt on my skin.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/11/2012 11:49:00 PM More reviews by starbuck65

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this maybe 2 weeks prior to purchasing Chanel Perfection Lumiere (my HG) I thought I had thrown out all of my foundations except for my Chanel foundations and MAC all went into my B2M bag. Well, don't you know this one was never thrown out? I found it hiding. And since I had only used it a few times I thought I'd give it a go, again, since I had only really used it a short time.
I do like it . It looks a bit shiny after about 6 or 7 hours but nothing that a blotting linen can't handle. Coverage? I think that CPL has a tiny bit better coverage, maybe it's not the coverage so much as it is evening out my complexion in general. Does that even make sense? It lasts about 7 or 8 hours on me, does not dry out my skin, it doesn't look heavy on my skin, it doesn't accentuate fine lines, it doesn't settle in to fine lines. It's a really good basic foundation for everyday. If you want to watch a great video on Maybelline SS check out MissHerby on youtube. She does an application so that you can see the coverage and the way it looks on this skin.. and she's adorable!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2012 2:35:00 PM More reviews by brunettecouture

I absolutely love this foundation. I usually buy the dream satin liquid and when I went to repurchase this, my drug store were out of my shade. I went into panic mode, while my fiancé rather logically said "they have your shade in the one underneath, just get that". I don't buy foundations willy nilly, but the idea of a 24hour foundation (12 hours would do me just fine!) swung it. I purchased it in the same shade I am for dream satin, which for reference is Fawn, Sand is just that little too light for me. Sadly, the 24hour shades come up slightly different so be warned! You may need to go a shade lighter to get your match. I repurchased the 24 yesterday in sand and it's perfect! The consistency is quite thick and that gave me confidence it would last. And it did! Definitely my HG! Props to my boyfriend for pushing me to get it, even if it was so we could get the hell out of there haha!!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2012 4:45:00 PM More reviews by Luscious1104

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

AWESOME!! Not for nothing but, I've tried soooo many high-end foundations and finally I gave up and started using drugstore and this one has to be my#1 fav full coverage makeup ever! Revlon Colorstay is my #2! But this, this is truly a great one for those extremely hot or wild nights.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/19/2012 4:05:00 PM More reviews by cady19

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a pretty good foundation with medium coverage & a nice finish. For me it wore pretty well & stayed on for about 48hrs with a nice finish (I have normal to dry skin). Its not quite matte but not dewy either & I like that it doesn't have spf as I prefer being able to not have it for times when I might be in pics as to avoid the weird gray cast spf can give you. As everyone else has said a pump would be nice but its not a huge prob for me. Overall I would buy again except for one huge problem - the color selection is awful! I have pale cool/pink toned skin & the lightest shade (porcelain ivory) is waaay to dark for me & looks hideously orange on my skin. In the bottle it looks decently matched when held next to my skin, but the actual makeup is some strange orange color that I can't image working for anybody's skintone. I do like the foundation & if there was a better color match I would buy it again, but until then I will be returning this & trying something else.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/18/2012 7:22:00 AM More reviews by megustamakeupdoe

Ugh, I really wanted to like this product! It leaves you with a sort of satin finish, but more on the dewy side. I have oily combination skin. I thought this was gonna be perfect for my skin type! But this foundation doesn't make your face smooth. It emphisizes the bumps and hair on your face. Its really thick, thicker than revlon CS, and its super long (the packaging). Doesn't fit in my makeup bag.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/16/2012 7:30:00 PM More reviews by BarcelonaTSP

Its okay, not great, not terrible. I bought the shade Cameo which didn't suit my cool-tone skin. It dries quickly so its hard to blend. Looks quite cakey in places and once its dried you can't build on it. It is full coverage though and does last on the face a long time. I just don't think it has a very nice or flattering finish which isn't exactly liquid to powder, but somehow still manages to look chalky.
Looks really bad on dry areas.
The texture does feel nice and creamy though. Pros and cons with this one. If it was £5 I'd say its not a bad cheap foundation, but its not really that cheap either.
Seems like the kind of thing that'd look good on someone who wants something long lasting for work, who has normal skin and just wants to even out skin tone and redness; but then if those were your needs, you wouldn't need a full coverage foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/13/2012 4:17:00 PM More reviews by SaharaFTW

On my second bottle, the first lasted me around 2-3 months, and price was about 15 euros in the Netherlands. It is the first ever foundation I've used so i am unable to compare, but so far i really like it! I apply with my fingers and it looks a bit caked on around the nose, but not so much that it looks horrible. I apply about a pump for my entire face. I take off my make up once i get home from school, and this foundation has lasted me that entire time. I play sports and get sweaty and it still looks good! An when i wash my face (with only water) it still doesnt come off! Throughout the day I think it sinks into all my pores and leaves them so noticable, which i dislike, and i feel as though my little spots (just lumps on my face, not like pimples) stand out. Needs to be touched up by midday as my faces gets oily around the tzone. I use a tissue and pat. However, the color matches me perfectly which is why I repurchased this again. The packaging is really good, it has a pump or hygeine and is in a glass bottle. Overall, I am so happy with this foundation and will keep repurchasing!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2012 3:06:00 PM More reviews by habakuktwo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Cool Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Well when MAC was out of thier Pro Longwear in NW45 I was desperate to have a long wear low transfer foundation. I have extremely dry skin so I was iffy about buying this foundation but I figured I could use my fix+ to remedy any drab finish.

My first problem was the color selection. The caramel color was too light and yellow and the cocoa was too dark. I brought both and decided to mix the two. The result of mixing was ok but the undertone was wrong. I wore it out and it looked decent after I used the fix+ to take away that "foundation" look. However it felt gross, thick, and heavy on my skin and I couldn't wait to go home to take it off.

I tried it again mixing both foundations and not using the fix+ but I looked fake almost like a mannequin. I'm going to stick to Maybelline's Fit Me which is much better color wise. It's also much cheaper.