September 18, 2014 | 1629 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Clarisonic - Mia

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2013 9:54:00 PM More reviews by x3rjessikers

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love my clarisonic. It is probably my best investment ever. I can notice a difference between the days I use it and the days I don't. When I first got it, my skin was in a state of horror. Acne everywhere but after owning it for about a year I can see my skin start to clear up. I'm not going to say that the clarisonic has cleared my face, but I think the clarisonic helped remove all the dirt and dead skin cells from my face to allow for my other skin care stuff penetrate and treat my skins better and more effectively. I sort of experienced that purging phase but I can't say for sure it is because of the brush or other factors such as stress and hormones or whatever. I notice how different my skin feels when I use it and when I don't. Usually after I use it, I would use a toner and the cotton pad would be clean. When I don't, there is still residual makeup on my face that my face wash didn't get. My skin feels softer and much cleaner after every use. It uses a wall charger and holds a charge for a very long time. I went to get a facial the other day and the esthetician said there was barely any dead skin cells for her to exfoliate off. I've had my clarisonic for about 3 years now and have never experienced any issues with it breaking. I use it every night in the shower. If I were to lose it or it were to break, I'd definitely go out and buy a new one.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/14/2013 6:41:00 PM More reviews by galai_curryqueen9830

This has become a HG cleansing system for me!
My skin: combo (dry on cheeks & oily in the Tzone), little acne, tons of small acne scars

Prior to purchasing this, I've always used skin cleansers (foaming, cream, & exfoliating) to cleans my face after removing my make up. While I thought, regular cleansers did a good job in removing the excess oil and make up left overs, I would always find myself with small acne, and a lot of white clogged pores. I always thought about getting the Clarisonic Mia but I figured that my cleansers were good enough.

It wasn't until Christmas 2012 that I splurged on the Mia (around $120, not exactly sure). I bought the sensitive brush head because I have dry cheeks that do tend to get flaky from overwash/general dryness. I wasn't expecting such greatness coming from such a simply brush. After my first initial wash, I was surprised at how comfortable the vibrating motions felt on my face. It really felt as if my deep skin layers were also getting a nice treatment.

It's been 7-8 months since I've had this, and I've been using it once everyday - at night time. It removes all the dirt and grim off my face AND removes traces of make up that's left behind from my make up remover wipes. It literally shows how much make up is still on my face because the brush head turns a foundation color because of all the left over product that is on my face. This showed me that my basic cleaners were not enough to both clean my face and to remove any make up traces. I normally use this after my shower. I'll splash my face with lukewarm water, dot my face with a cleanser and then go in with the Mia for 60 seconds.

I have noticed less redness, less pimples (besides the ones i get when its the time of the month) and less trouble spots on my face after using the Mia. I've also noticed that the vibrating motions have also helped in dissipating acne scars on my face (faster than when using regular cleansers). However, I sometimes give my face a break from the Clarisonic on the days where I don't wear make up. On these days, I'll use my regular foaming cleansers.

The charging device is very convenient. In fact, the Mia barely needs to be charged often. I use mine once a day, and I only charge it once a month. The small cleanser that comes with the Clarisonic is ok. It foams up a lot and does an alright job in cleansing the face, however I'd like to use my own cleansers.

While the replacement brush heads are somewhat expensive $28 for one, I get the 4-pack brush heads from Nordstorm as it's cheaper ($18 for one when purchasing the 4-pack). Since I only use the Mia once a day, I only change the brush head when the bristles are starting to flare out.

I definitely would repurchase and recommend this for anyone that has combination to slightly dry skin. It really cleans deep into your pores and deep cleans your face! It might be bulky to carry for travel, but I find that it has transformed my skin so it is definitely worth it for me!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2013 3:23:00 PM More reviews by debrich

I can't tell you how much I love this product!! I only use it once a day with the gentle scrubbing head and I do not use it to remove my make-up. I remove my make-up first with a gentle facial cleanser (Purity or Cetaphil) then I go over my cleansed face with the Mia. I use it to exfoliate really....it is much more of a treatment for me....if my face gets a little funky, which it does from time to time, I just back off the Mia for a few days. I am so happy that this product came on the market...it just helps all the products I use on my nightly skin care regime absorb soooo much better. No more weekly facials to give me this same feeling. I can just get all the benefits of the cleansing part of my facial at home. I hope I never have to be without it! Thanks Clairsonic!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/8/2013 7:43:00 AM More reviews by AthenaStone

As much as I want to love this, I don't. It's great as an exfoliator, makes my skin feel softer, and although it takes off most of my makeup, it doesn't prove worthy of it's claims. It hasn't made my blackheads any less notable. It irritates my acne and makes my face red for long periods of time. I don't have sensitive skin either. If anything this has made my acne worse than it was. I've been using my Mia for over eight months now and have seen no difference in the appearance of my skin though it does feel "cleaner" after I've used it. The first week I used the product I thought it was fantastic because my face had never felt a deep clean but after a few months it just felt abrasive. Although I would recommend this product as a cleansing device I would not recommend it to someone hoping to improve the quality of their skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2013 1:20:00 PM More reviews by 30betterthan20

I have combination and acne prone skin. I have been using Clarisonic Mia once a day for the past 6 months with the sensitive brush and I really noticed improvements in my complexion.
It allows better absorbtion of face creams (in my case anti-acne cream which I use every night) and of face masks.
After the first time I used it my skin was significantly softer. However, I needed 2 weeks to see improvements with regard to my acne. Also, when I went on vacation and did not use it for teo weeks, my acne started to reappear, and it was only after one week of reusing it that it got better. So consistency is the key to better skin!
As I use the sensitive brush, I also use a face scrub 1-2 times weekly, plus the PMD once every 2 weeks, and this combo really suits me.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2013 1:56:00 AM More reviews by lbxgreen

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have a nasty oily t-zone, and acne prone skin. I've suffered from acne since I was in middle school. My acne over years have improved by trying out different products but most of them didn't help. Then, one day I searched online and noticed how this product had good reviews. I decided to go out and buy it for myself. It's been a month now. The Clarisonic Mia helps clean my pores! I love how it's portable, for traveling. My mild acne hasn't disappeared yet but I still have hope. I'm still waiting for another few months to see results.

Update: This product is amazing! There should be no bad reviews for this because they have a variety of brush heads for different skin types. And how your skin will look will depend on what cleanser you use with Clarisonic.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2013 8:22:00 PM More reviews by emilyh8

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I purchased the Clarisonic after reading so many positive reviews about it. I love this product! I have been using it for about 4 and a half months. I have extremely acne prone skin and a lot of blackheads and congestion around my nose. I read so many reviews that said that the Clarisonic will help clear this. This was not wrong, after about 3 weeks I saw a noticeable improvement in reduced blackheads and my skin looked remarkabley cleaner and clearer. I still get bad break outs but they're just hormonal. My skin looks healthier and glows after using the Clarisonic. I find that my skin creams are absorbed a lot better after using the Clarisonic!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2013 6:21:00 AM More reviews by holmqpj

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

A little about me...I didn't start getting acne until I was 20 and it was always isolated to my chin area. I would get 2-4 per month and they were huge and took weeks to shrink. I had excellent success with birth control pills, antibiotics, and Retinoids over the years. I don't have a problem paying for high end or prescription products if I believe they will help my skin. But at age 33 I began to worry about the side effects and long term consequences of taking these pills. I decided to stop taking them and experienced some pretty horrendous breakouts. I kept using my Atralin, but alone it didn't seem too effective on the acne. I still use it for anti-aging though. I added in Panoxy 4 and La Roche Posay effaclar duo (US version). These helped but I still wanted that perfect antibiotic/birth control complexion I'd had all those years.

So about 6 months ago, I did it! I bought the clarisonic mia and the acne brush head. It took about a month for everything to even out. My skin hasn't been this consistently clear since I was a teenager. I still get a little zit here and there if I get lazy and don't keep up with my regimen, but these are tiny, concealable, and clear within a day or two.

A side note...In the past i've had a lot of issues with sensitivity and redness. I avoided Benzoyl Peroxide and Clarisonic for years because of my concerns and bad reviews. I still can't tolerate certain formulations, but for some reason i've never had any issues with these products. At the most, I get a little dry and flaky, but even that is a rarity and nothing a little moisturizer won't fix.

Good luck!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2013 11:53:00 AM More reviews by dustdrops

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I've been using my Mia for a year and I had my ups and downs with it. I initially didn't like it because I thought it wasn't working. When i first used it I liked how it made my skin feel, which was soft and smooth. I didn't experience the "purging" phase that most people experienced, which probably contributed to my thinking that it wasn't working. However, the Mia just does what it claims to do, which is to clean your skin very well. It also helps the products that you use after to fully absorb into your skin, thus making them work their best. It's not supposed to clear acne because it's a brush.

If you use the right products for your skin type, the brush will make those products work the way they're supposed to. Now I get compliments on my skin and even though my skin isn't perfect, it's definitely a lot clearer and smoother than 5 years ago. Most of the time I don't need to wear foundation anymore, perhaps just concealer for any stubborn hyperpigmentation. Even if I do have to wear foundation for special occasions, a sheer coverage one works well to perfect my skin. My favorite brush head is the Acne brush.

Despite giving this 5 stars, I actually see this as more of a 4.5 because of its price. Clarisonic brushes all work well but they're very expensive. The brush heads aren't cheap either. The Skinsonic by Sirius Beauty works just as well as the Clarisonic. However, I didn't completely take off a star because the Mia is very durable. God only knows how much I've dropped this thing and yet I only have one scratch on it haha.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/24/2013 12:14:00 AM More reviews by Sarahjuang

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I use the Exposed skincare line and before that I used proactiv, when I was using these kits, I felt that progress was extremely slow, so I bought the Clarisonic Mia hoping that it could help my skin and it really does! I can tell an immediate difference in my skin when I use my Clarisonic. It can be a drag, especially when it is late at night and I am super tired, but it really cleanses my skin extremely thoroughly and helps keep my acne under control. I would buy this again, even though it was extremely expensive, because I feel that if I didn't continue using it, my skin would keep getting worse no matter what face wash or lotion I used. I can't say that I know anything else similar to this that is good because I haven't tried any other product.