July 22, 2014 | 2353 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Clarisonic - Mia

rated 1 of 5 on 7/10/2013 2:32:00 PM More reviews by ksenkler

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

I have friends who love the Clarisonic products. I decided to go ahead and purchase one. I purchased the Clairsonic Mia. When I first started using it I followed the instructions, twice a day yada yada. Then my skin started to purge...so I thought. I ended up with clogged pores, pimples and cystic acne. I thought this was just an initial stage and would pass. I dropped down to using it once a day, then once a week, then every couple weeks, then I stopped using it and my skin greatly improved. This was about a year ago. For some reason a few weeks ago I decided to try it again as I was having some hormonal break-outs. Bad idea. Back to the same issues. Never again.

While I am sure this works for some people, for those of us with acne prone skin it can be a nightmare. I wish I had purchased the lesser priced Olay spin brush since it didn't work out anyway.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2013 1:42:00 PM More reviews by wq13

MY SKIN DESCRIPTION: I have very dry skin in the winter, but in the summer, it is combination (my nose gets very very oily). I've never really struggled with acne, BUT during that time of the month, I will sometimes get one of those huge cystic pimples (those suckers last for like, 2 weeks!!). My forehead sometimes gets those red little zits, but those honestly don't bother me at all. My cheeks have never, ever had acne before, but they do sometimes get dry and peel, or get itchy and dry. My nose is the oiliest part of my face, and it usually the place that gets pimples during that time of the month. I do have a few dry patches here and there sometimes, but overall, my skin is usually clear.
I've been wanting this for a VERY long time and finally made the purchase a few months ago. I was so excited when the package arrived, I literally ran outside and jumped for joy! Well, anyway, I went back inside and ripped the box open, revealing my beautiful Clarisonic Mia. I couldn't stop staring at how cute it was! Mine has a pink flower design on it, and it's super cute! That's a minor detail though.
At first, I used the Clarisonic twice a day, simply because I liked using it and it was brand new, so I was just excited. I soon realized that it was too much for my skin. My skin broke out in a rash on the side of my face and my cheeks became dry (yes, I have dry skin, but my cheeks are usually only dry during the wintertime). So, I decided only to use it at night and that fixed all my problems! My morning routine is really simple - I rinse my face with cold water, pat dry with a towel, then use a gentle cleansing toner and moisturize. My night routine is a bit more exciting - I get in the shower and place my Clarisonic in the shower caddy, wet my face with warm water, remove my makeup with Philosophy's Purity, wet the Clarisonic brush head and use with Simple's moisturizing cleanser.
Remember not to leave your Clarisonic in the shower to dry!!! The shower always moist and won't allow the brush to dry thoroughly, which encourages bacteria and mold to grow! I always take my clarisonic out of the shower, dry it with a clean towel, and then remove the brush head to allow it to dry fully. I usually leave it on the bathroom counter. Once every week or two, I soak the brush head in hydrogen peroxide to kill bacteria and prevent mold.
I'm so happy I purchased the Clarisonic. It was a great addition to my skin care routine. It helps any pimples or spots I have clear up faster and completely got rid of my dry patches!!! My moisturizer is more effective and my skin feels great. It's moisturized, smooth, and soft. I say that if you really want a Clarisonic, just try it out. Most places will allow you to return it if it doesn't work out for you. :)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/3/2013 12:44:00 AM More reviews by EmbalmerBabe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have had the Mia for over a year, I have used it many times, I do like it. However I cannot say this is a "must have" product. I have also been told by two dermatologists to be careful with it and only use it once or twice per week, as using it every day is not recommended. I purchased the acne brush head, and acne face wash really hoping this would help. I am sad to report I did not notice any results using the Mia once or twice a week as my dermatologist recommended. It feels great on the skin and I usually do two clicks of the timer button for my face and neck. For those of you that had results for acne that is awesome. Sadly I did not notice any benefits.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2013 11:05:00 PM More reviews by Cmappelt

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Sounds shallow, but it changed my life. I've suffered from acne for 20 years, and when I say suffered I literally mean suffered. Huge, painful cysts along my jawline that stayed around for weeks and would not pop. One that kept coming back in the middle of my forehead, right before big events. Some that would disfigure my chin. Even in the hot Texas summer sun, I would not wear my hair in a ponytail because people would as what happened to my jawline. Along with that there's the oily grease pit within an hour of putting on makeup, plus blackheads around the nose and the gross discoloration plus scars from my battle with the cysts. Dermatologists kept giving me prescriptions for retin-A which my insurance would not pay for and I can't shell out $400 for that. One day I ask my friend what she has been doing to clear up her face. It's become common for me to just come out and ask people with clear skin what they're doing. She told me to get the Mia. Never even heard of it I say. Well I go out and get sticker shock. Didn't think a brush would do the trick. I decided to be cheap and order a "Mia" off eBay. Do not make this mistake. I used it for two weeks with no results because turns out it was a big FAKE! Returned it and bought the real thing from Sephora. Used it with any and every cleanser I had. Three weeks later, after using it twice a day with literally any cleanser, my skin is clear. My scars are healing and all I need is a light brush of mineral makeup and blush. Pores are smaller, blackheads gone. I've wasted thousands on acne kits and medications when all I've needed is a good cleansing and exfoliating tool like this. I use the deep pore brush head, but if you have active acne I'd suggest the acne brush because it's extremely gentle. This is a long review but I hardly ever get this impressed with a product, in fact I'm usually let down by expensive things. But this little machine is worth every bit what I paid and I highly recommend it.

14 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2013 6:06:00 PM More reviews by Molleechristine

My Clarisonic Mia is magical! i bought my Mia about four months ago and my skin has completely transformed! My skin feels so soft and smooth after only one use! This skin tool is way worth the price, i was a little nervous at first but i do not regret at all buying it. It has helped my skin so much!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2013 9:48:00 AM More reviews by EJ314

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have had the Mia for a month now, and so far I have noticed areas where I had redness (chin & all areas around nose) are 98% gone. I am also noticing old acne scars (brown spots) on my cheeks are fading and some of the lighter ones I had are now gone. Skin feels much smoother! I am using the sensitive brush 2X a day. In the morning I just use water, and at night I wash makeup off first than use the Mia. Definitely worth the price to me!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2013 8:50:00 AM More reviews by Mayagayam

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this because of the rave reviews - I'm so glad I did.

First use, deep pore cleansing and exfoliation. Second use, smaller pores.

One day I used it 2 cycles and did break capillaries in my cheek oops. Now I use it only 2ce a week, with hot cloth cleansings in between, and I love it.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/15/2013 11:30:00 PM More reviews by SB213

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm truly undecided about this so far. I've been trying to re-vamp my beauty routine and improve my skin tone and texture lately, and I've heard great things about the Clarisonic Mia, so I decided to give it a try. I'm pretty oily (but now have drier skin, due to a sulfur ointment that I've been using), so I wanted something that would really get my makeup off, clean my pores and decrease the oil (and dry patches). I purchased the deep pore cleansing brush after reading up on it, because I thought that would be the best one for my skin type. I started by charging it for the full 24 hours (oh, BTW, I had to return the first one I bought to sephora because I plugged it in and it just buzzed for hours and never charged, clearly defective), and used it at night after applying Neutrogena Visibly Even cleanser. My skin felt very smooth and clean. I used it the following night with the same results. The next morning, my skin was VERY broken out with large, red, angry cysts everywhere. I decreased my use to every other day, so the verdict is out whether this will work for me. I'll probably try using the the brush that the Mia came with to see if that makes a difference. I know people say that you have a "purging" of sorts when you first use this, however the quantity and severity of my breakouts from this is unacceptable. I';; give it a little more time and then it's back to Sephora.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2013 9:26:00 AM More reviews by hollyms

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I was so excited to get the Mia. I thought it would perform miracles, clear my skin and make me look radiant. It doesn't do that for me. The only real benefit I get from this brush is that it makes my skin extra clean by removing every ounce of makeup. My skin really does feel squeaky clean. But that's it. It doesn't help my acne, and it actually makes my sensitive skin peel more that it already does.

I have used 3 brush heads - sensitive, delicate, and acne. The only one my skin can tolerate is delicate. I kind of regret purchasing this product since it doesn't deliver for me at all. Big disappointment.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2013 3:53:00 PM More reviews by etherealchic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

The Clarisonic Mia is the best $130 I've ever spent. I have combination skin with a lot of oil and fairly large pores, and I've suffered from bouts of acne (especially period breakouts) since I was a teenage. I'd tried everything from aloe vera, organic lotion formulas, mud masks, drugstore cleansers, over the counter acne medication, to dermatologist prescribed medication. Nothing has worked as well as the Clarisonic Mia. I've used it for 5 months now, and my skin is basically pimple free. I began to see results within the 1st month. I use it once a day in the shower with Cetaphil cleanser. I have the normal brush-head and though I have relatively sensitive skin, I don't think it's too rough. It really, really cleanses your skin, and digs into the pores. Plus, it does wonders for my sinuses and really improves circulation in my face. It's a staple in my everyday routine, and I can't live without it. Only regret is that I wish I'd bought it sooner!