October 31, 2014 | 1351 users online

Eyeliner - E.L.F. - Liquid Eyeliner - Black

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 10/27/2012 6:28:00 PM More reviews by KeepFlyyingGirlie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

It's a pretty good liquid liner for only a dollar. It has a dense brush applicator and is essentially opaque. I find this liner works best and has full opacity over top of something (concealer, primer, shadow, anything really so long as it's dry). I haven't had issues with it running, but if it does get really wet it fades a bit. Easy to use, cheap, and effective. That's all I need.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2012 12:12:00 AM More reviews by lauraruth

I love this product! it took me ages of searching to find a shop with elf, and i found one when I was away at a another city! They sold elf mineral, and this eyeliner. yup thats it! This eyeliner cost me $8, and I would happily pay more! I love the colour, it does not flake or fade, and lasts for a decent amount of time. the wand makes easy application. <3 LOVE IT!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/12/2012 2:34:00 PM More reviews by Lizawasadiver

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'll be the first to admit I need a little more practice applying liquid liner, but after trying the E.L.F. brand in brown, I was in love. It went on smoothly and easily for me and actually did not smudge.

I giddily purchased it in black only to find that it wasn't the same! This formula is streakier, smudgier, and feels more difficult to apply. Am I crazy or is it really different somehow?

That being said, it is still not a bad product for the price and I'll likely stick to it unless I find a truly great one for cheap.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/5/2012 1:22:00 AM More reviews by dweebyhawkeyes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Great stuff. My search for a less expensive alternative to Lancome Artliners ended with this! Goes on very smooth, very black, I love the brush; it's perfect. My only complaint is that it comes off easily if I don't take the time to prime before and powder after, and that I have to wait a couple of minutes for it to dry before opening my eyes normally.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/4/2012 12:37:00 PM More reviews by belovedhope

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Let me start off by saying liquid eyeliner is my fave. I've used quite a few out there, mostly drug store, but some higher end ones like MAC and Urban Decay. This is one of my favorites! I have sensitive eyes, so I can easily feel when a formula is too strong/harsh (which a lot of them out there are, at least for me). Also, b/c I have what I like to call semi-monolids, I have to use a thick eyeliner line for it to show up, so I try to avoid thicker formulas. This one is lightweight, has quite good staying power (with primer), and has a brush that is easy to use--I may have to reapply once or twice throughout the day, but I don't mind that if it'll save my eyes! And the price obviously can't be beat.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2012 5:57:00 AM More reviews by maryma

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have repurchased this so many times. I use liquid liners, exclusively. However, I've found the flaking, fading, and smudging that tends to go along with them is just obnoxious. I always purchased the more expensive ones, but wasn't ever really blown away by any of their performances. I like the smooth look produced by liquid liner, and I like how simple it was to get a very dark and even look, but I never found a product that I felt really gave me what i was looking for. Obviously, the cheapest and most simple product would be the one that worked.

E.L.F. has been very hit-and-miss for me. They have matte lipsticks, for instance, which have a lovely color selection and look incredible on; their eyeshadows, however, almost always disappoint me. This love/hate relationship has made me more wary of buying their products, but in my search for a good liquid liner, I thought spending a dollar probably couldn't be the worst thing in the world. I was legitimately blown away by how well this worked. It came out very black, was a breeze to apply, and stayed exactly where I wanted it too. No flaking, no fading. Just a black line where I'd put it.

This liner has been my go to; it was love at first try.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/18/2012 5:33:00 PM More reviews by PinkIcing1

I hate this product. It a mess to apply and impossible to fix once it starts smearing without messing up eye shadow. Also, the container broke. And it smells bad.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/13/2012 10:31:00 PM More reviews by MollieS

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

For one dollar, this is a truly decent liquid formula. However, the brush wasnt good (could have been a badly cut one) and it kept fraying out as I was lining. All in all, id repurchase it in a pinch but the brush sucks!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/31/2012 2:16:00 PM More reviews by Chubz

They changed the brush! It is a long/flexible brush tip with a very fine point. Longer than n.y.c. Liquid liner brush and easier to maneuver. I bought this yesterday and even if it dries a tad bit shiny, at least it doesn't feel flaky and uncomfortable on my lids like the wetnwild mega liner or NYC. I fell asleep with stuff on (I have greasy lids) and it didn't budge much. When I rinsed my eyelid with water it came off in pieces and a big chunk which left no black residue lol. Id rather have it wash off like that than smear tho. I draw black lines almost daily so I will use it in order to not put my higher quality liner to waste. It's worth the dollar especially if you want to practice liquid liner application !!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2012 5:49:00 AM More reviews by prissybliss

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

A buck. That's all this item cost and its does the job. I didn't expect it to do much nor have much or a color payoff but I was wrong.