October 20, 2014 | 1115 users online

Eyeliner - E.L.F. - Liquid Eyeliner - Black

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 10/12/2012 2:34:00 PM More reviews by Lizawasadiver

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'll be the first to admit I need a little more practice applying liquid liner, but after trying the E.L.F. brand in brown, I was in love. It went on smoothly and easily for me and actually did not smudge.

I giddily purchased it in black only to find that it wasn't the same! This formula is streakier, smudgier, and feels more difficult to apply. Am I crazy or is it really different somehow?

That being said, it is still not a bad product for the price and I'll likely stick to it unless I find a truly great one for cheap.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/5/2012 1:22:00 AM More reviews by dweebyhawkeyes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Great stuff. My search for a less expensive alternative to Lancome Artliners ended with this! Goes on very smooth, very black, I love the brush; it's perfect. My only complaint is that it comes off easily if I don't take the time to prime before and powder after, and that I have to wait a couple of minutes for it to dry before opening my eyes normally.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/4/2012 12:37:00 PM More reviews by belovedhope

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Let me start off by saying liquid eyeliner is my fave. I've used quite a few out there, mostly drug store, but some higher end ones like MAC and Urban Decay. This is one of my favorites! I have sensitive eyes, so I can easily feel when a formula is too strong/harsh (which a lot of them out there are, at least for me). Also, b/c I have what I like to call semi-monolids, I have to use a thick eyeliner line for it to show up, so I try to avoid thicker formulas. This one is lightweight, has quite good staying power (with primer), and has a brush that is easy to use--I may have to reapply once or twice throughout the day, but I don't mind that if it'll save my eyes! And the price obviously can't be beat.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2012 5:57:00 AM More reviews by maryma

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have repurchased this so many times. I use liquid liners, exclusively. However, I've found the flaking, fading, and smudging that tends to go along with them is just obnoxious. I always purchased the more expensive ones, but wasn't ever really blown away by any of their performances. I like the smooth look produced by liquid liner, and I like how simple it was to get a very dark and even look, but I never found a product that I felt really gave me what i was looking for. Obviously, the cheapest and most simple product would be the one that worked.

E.L.F. has been very hit-and-miss for me. They have matte lipsticks, for instance, which have a lovely color selection and look incredible on; their eyeshadows, however, almost always disappoint me. This love/hate relationship has made me more wary of buying their products, but in my search for a good liquid liner, I thought spending a dollar probably couldn't be the worst thing in the world. I was legitimately blown away by how well this worked. It came out very black, was a breeze to apply, and stayed exactly where I wanted it too. No flaking, no fading. Just a black line where I'd put it.

This liner has been my go to; it was love at first try.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/18/2012 5:33:00 PM More reviews by PinkIcing1

I hate this product. It a mess to apply and impossible to fix once it starts smearing without messing up eye shadow. Also, the container broke. And it smells bad.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/13/2012 10:31:00 PM More reviews by MollieS

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

For one dollar, this is a truly decent liquid formula. However, the brush wasnt good (could have been a badly cut one) and it kept fraying out as I was lining. All in all, id repurchase it in a pinch but the brush sucks!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/31/2012 2:16:00 PM More reviews by Chubz

They changed the brush! It is a long/flexible brush tip with a very fine point. Longer than n.y.c. Liquid liner brush and easier to maneuver. I bought this yesterday and even if it dries a tad bit shiny, at least it doesn't feel flaky and uncomfortable on my lids like the wetnwild mega liner or NYC. I fell asleep with stuff on (I have greasy lids) and it didn't budge much. When I rinsed my eyelid with water it came off in pieces and a big chunk which left no black residue lol. Id rather have it wash off like that than smear tho. I draw black lines almost daily so I will use it in order to not put my higher quality liner to waste. It's worth the dollar especially if you want to practice liquid liner application !!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2012 5:49:00 AM More reviews by prissybliss

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

A buck. That's all this item cost and its does the job. I didn't expect it to do much nor have much or a color payoff but I was wrong.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/21/2012 5:08:00 PM More reviews by alyssiaXo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

It was only a dollar, so I bought it with low expectations. The first time I tried it I expected it to be all down my face in a few hours, but it did not move at all. It lasted all day, and the color payoff was very good. The only downfall was that the next morning (after washing it off) it left a red line in the place that the eyeliner would be. I do have sensitive eyes, and this was a little irritating. It was still worth the $1 though!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2012 2:45:00 PM More reviews by donnahsueh

For being only a dollar, this is a preeeeeetty good liner. It comes out very black and application isn't streaky. If anything, it's a little watery so you might have to wait a bit until it dries (or else it'll transfer to your lids). It doesn't flake throughout the day which I was quite impressed with and loved! It comes right off with water. So I wouldn't wear it to the pool/beach or on emotional days (haha :P). However, I do find the application to be a little hard at first but once I got used to it, it wasn't that bad. And the fact that I have to wait and fan my lids after I apply them to dry them kind of annoys me. Also, since applying it could be a bit tricky, it's also pretty easy to mess up, which is really annoying...especially if I have already finished putting on eyeshadow. Other than that, it's only a dollar!