August 1, 2014 | 1245 users online

Eyeliner - E.L.F. - Liquid Eyeliner - Black

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 8/4/2012 3:05:00 PM More reviews by 1092126

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Hazel

Omg! Love this product it is fantastic and super cheap to! It has the tiniest little brush and you'll get a super fine line! You have to get used to applying the watery liner but for a buck its fantastic! It doesn't last as long without primer definently not waterproof; but it looks great and the price is unbeatable so to the price of buying a regular drugstore liquid liner you can get like 9 of these. it doesn't smell bad either.. hope you get it!!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/29/2012 7:36:00 PM More reviews by kaylaarias

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm glad E.L.F. products are so cheap because I haven't had very good luck with them. I wanted to like this eyeliner, I liked the shape of the product and the color, plus I was looking for a cheap felt tip eyeliner because all of the ones I have tend to dry out. This was no exception. As I started to put it on, I was happy with the color, thickness of the line and how easy it was to draw a precise line. Until it dried up. It dried on the brush WHILE I was applying it and I had to continuously get more product onto the brush because it kept hardening while I was trying to put it on, which was a big waste of time. After I finally got it on one eye it began to sting my upper eyelid (and I know I didn't get any in my eye) and became painful. I still don't know why that happened but I immediately wiped it off and used a different eyeliner. It's not even worth the $1 I paid for it.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/17/2012 4:46:00 PM More reviews by brandibravo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

As someone that's been wearing liquid eyeliner for seven years, I'm surprised at how pleased I am with this product. I've tried a handful of ELF products and have been very dissatisfied with the majority of them, but this liner has been a pleasant surprise as I was half-expecting to hate it even as I added it to my cart. What I love most about this product is that it does NOT irritate my eyes. A lot of liquid liners out there are too harsh on my sensitive eyes and cause excessive watering and redness. Although it's not immediately as opaque as I'd like for it to be, you can intensify its color by simply adding another layer of product over your first line (c'mon people, you know it doesn't take THAT much time or effort to reapply product), but its a small inconvenience to pay for an otherwise great product. I have very oily lids and was worried that this product would run, transfer, or flake on my lids, but the staying power is pretty impressive with UDPP underneath. I have not tried this product without applying primer first. One other small gripe I have with this product is the width of the tip of the applicator. It's just a bit thick for my taste, but if you're careful you can get a pretty fine, winged line. As someone that used to pay $18 for UD 24/7 Liquid Liner (my HG), the gripes I have with ELF's liquid eyeliner are minor for the amazing price of this product. It's not the greatest, but I can definitely live with it and will be repurchasing as money is hard to come by.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/9/2012 7:46:00 PM More reviews by lonidani

Overall, this product was just okay. It worked well enough for the price (only 1 dollar). It's definitely not the best eyeliner i've used, but it does it's job. I also like how thin the applicator brush is, it allows you to create a very thin line.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/20/2012 5:30:00 PM More reviews by tabriasmakeuplife

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I can honestly say that I really dislike this product.

PROS:
-very small, portable

CONS:
-too watery
-doesn't try quick enough
-flakes
-doesn't last
-awkward to put on (the way the brush thing is)

It honestly just looks awful. You can't get a super straight line, it's just not flexible.

I definitely do not recommend.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/20/2012 1:08:00 PM More reviews by Ccooi

I'm still quite new to make-up and have only owned a handful of liquid eye-liners, but even with my limited experience I know that this must be one of the worst eye liners ever manufactured. The felt tip has absolutely no give, and might as well be plastic. The formula is too watery, it is extremely difficult to apply, and if you've succeeded in putting it on it still looks very bad. In my opinion this is more like watercolour than eye liner. I bought two different colours, and one of the bottles have already started forming clumps.

I know that the price is very lucrative, but this product is absolutely 100% useless as liquid eye liner.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/10/2012 8:09:00 PM More reviews by eccentricgogo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

6000 characters is not enough to accurately describe how awful this liner is. It's smudgey, it's watery, it isn't very pigmented and the brush is useless for applying it. It's extremely difficult to get a smooth look with this without it clumping up. $1 is way too much to pay for this horrible product. I'm a huge fan of cheap drugstore makeup but this product needs to burn in hell.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/7/2012 2:55:00 PM More reviews by ariellebrown

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I do not like this liquid eyeliner because it is not very black and it wears off. It tends to fade to even look less black.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2012 1:05:00 AM More reviews by NanaHime

I guess this is one of those hit and miss ELF products for everyone. But for me, this is a hit. I really like this liquid eyeliner. It was the first liquid liner I ever tried out, and for starters, it was easy to work with. I thought the brush was a perfect size for my lash line. I know some of the bottles come with a felt tip and other comes with a flexible brush tip. My first bottle came with the brush and my second came with the felt tip which I didn't really like so I kept my brush tip from the first bottle and use that instead. It does fade throughout the day, but for a dollar it really isn't that bad. It doesn't flake. I guess it depends on how you wear your eyeliner. I don't do outrages winged eyes or cat eyes, I wear this close to my lashline for a natural look and it works just fine. I also have it in coffee which is much more natural looking than black.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/2/2012 2:52:00 PM More reviews by 4one2love0

Thee WORST eyeliner/mascara cosmetic-product on the market. hands down. I have had to apply it numerous times for it too even work DECENTLY. It's a runny, watery-made & based formula, and is a complete mess when applied. I've had it seep into my eyes (it burns.!), and i had too start all over with application; using one of my other eyeliner-companies' product.

I'm 17 years old, and I have used liquid and cream/crayon eyeliner pencils, felt-tip markers/pens, and the precision liners, since i was 12 or 13, and I've never had any issue's with them except when i tried out elf's liquid eyeliner (felt-tip pen, and precision liner) for the first time.
It's a total irritant to eyes/eyelashes (depending on if you use the mascara or not) and their colors are faded and murkier than they actually appear to be. (i.e, "Midnight" is a chalky-faded grey/black; instead of ACTUAL dark black, and in contrast, the "Plum" shade is more darker than the "midnight")
I'm one of those people who have trouble finding the right kind of eyeliner too actually stay on for as long as i want it to; NOT because of oily skin, or sweating, or other eye/skin complications; but due too being as active as i am socially; Whether it be going too parties, dates, sports, school, etc (which are all common activities). And if you're one of those people too; than 'elf liquid eyeliner' pens/precision liners are NOT FOR YOU either.
Also, splashing water on it, outdoor-air humidity, rubbing, or ESPECIALLY if you cry/tear up even the slightest bit--all of the eyeliner/mascara will fall right off, and you will look like you just got in a fight with a permanent marker lol. This product is all just one. big. messy FAIL.
Take if from someone who wears black liquid-liner and other eye-makeup, pretty much everyday; as much as i do (and trust me, i'm a bit of a perfectionist, and ocd when it comes too my eye and face makeup application).
I have never used a cosmetic product as messily-formulated, and watery, than E.L.F's eye-makeups', even though the packaging clearly states "water/smudge proof", it defiantly isn't, and it run's all into my other eye and face makeup; which causes a mess; of course.! days' that i had worn this product, people had told me that my eyeliner is smudged/streaked/fading; and in addition, i'd have too go re-apply or fix it.Or other times, i'd come home from school/work and it'd end up being clear down to the top of my cheekbones/underneath my eyes; and/or it'd be creased in the creasing of my top eyelid.! I'd have too take a makeup-removing wipe, wipe off the smudged/streaked eyeliner, then re-apply; which in result, would take off my foundation, bronzer, and eyeshadow. U N A C C E P T A B L E.
1-2$ for makeup may be a good buy, but this is EXACTLY the kind of product pertaining too the old saying "you get what you pay for". and if crappy makeup is what you want too pay for; than go right ahead.
It may be less important to some people, but i care about my looks, and that's why I spend the extra 5- 8 bucks to buy better-made eye, and face cosmetic-products. You'll find out it's worth it. Hope i helped.! (: