December 19, 2014 | 996 users online

Eyeliner - E.L.F. - Liquid Eyeliner - Black

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/26/2012 1:29:00 PM More reviews by MissRaffix3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

Great eyeliner! The application is smooth and precise. Plus it's only a buck! I will most definitely buy again and I would recommend this to anyone looking for a good, inexpensive liquid liner.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/15/2012 10:41:00 AM More reviews by astrogirl7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Even though I like most E.L.F. products. This one didn't measure up.

The eyeliner was kind of watery, and streaked when I put it on. It also takes a while to dry.

The eyeliner functions which is why I gave it a 2, but I was disappointed with it.

If you want a good cheap (cruelty free) liquid eyeliner, I recommend Wet'n'Wild MegaLiner. That's what I used before, that's what I'll be going back to.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/17/2012 10:26:00 AM More reviews by daisyjunkie

For $1 you can't really complain much about it. The good points: cheap, easy to use. The not-so-good points: dries up quickly and I always get that 'pokey' feeling from the tip of the brush. Turns me off from this product totally. Great for beginners in the stage of learning to put on liquid eyeliner. But for long term use, it is advisable to go for other more proven liquid eyeliner brands.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/16/2012 4:43:00 PM More reviews by AS437

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

As far as liquid eyeliners go, I found this to be decent. Having said that, I actually have WAY better results using gel eyeliner and an eyeliner brush.

I found that this liquid eyeliner was fairly easy to apply. The applicator is great and give you the thinnest black line. My biggest issue with this liner (and other brands of liners that are packaged like this) is that after the product gets a bit old (10-15 uses) or gets even a little bit dried out, it is way harder to apply (can go on streaky) and can be flaky if you try to layer it or put on too much. However, for the price, this product is of decent quality and (in my opinion) comparable to the MAC liquid eyeliner.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/13/2012 11:35:00 PM More reviews by mijuness

I have this in Coffee (the brown color) and I'm honest surprised by how much I like this. For $1 this is not bad AT ALL! It's not perfect either, but the value can't be beat and it works just fine.

The brush is fine for me, except if you use the pointy end it can hurt and poke your eye a bit. I actually find the brush quite easy to control and creating a wing with the brush is a piece of cake since the brush is so thin. The Coffee color is a brown/black that's not quite as intense as just black but still darker than a typical brown color. The formula dries pretty quickly, which is a major plus for my hooded eyelids. The bad thing is that the first line may come out slightly streaky and not fully pigmented, but you can build it up. I am someone that rubs my eyes a lot throughout the day (often forgetting that I have makeup on) and this even endures my rubbing pretty well! It does fade a bit throughout the day, but it definitely remains visible at the end of the day.

I would definitely recommend everyone to give this a try! It's only a dollar so even if you don't like it you won't feel like you wasted too much money! :]

rated 3 of 5 on 11/12/2012 5:19:00 PM More reviews by Hayyleyyissmee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This eyeliner wasn't the best for me. The brush is very flimsy, and it's really hard to control, especially because I'm not an expert at applying liquid eyeliner. The formula isn't very long-wearing, but I really like the pigmented black color that comes from it. Overall I definitely wouldn't recommend it to beginners, but if you're used to eyeliners with a similar tip, you might find it to be good. Wouldn't really recommend it.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/27/2012 6:28:00 PM More reviews by KeepFlyyingGirlie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

It's a pretty good liquid liner for only a dollar. It has a dense brush applicator and is essentially opaque. I find this liner works best and has full opacity over top of something (concealer, primer, shadow, anything really so long as it's dry). I haven't had issues with it running, but if it does get really wet it fades a bit. Easy to use, cheap, and effective. That's all I need.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2012 12:12:00 AM More reviews by lauraruth

I love this product! it took me ages of searching to find a shop with elf, and i found one when I was away at a another city! They sold elf mineral, and this eyeliner. yup thats it! This eyeliner cost me $8, and I would happily pay more! I love the colour, it does not flake or fade, and lasts for a decent amount of time. the wand makes easy application. <3 LOVE IT!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/12/2012 2:34:00 PM More reviews by Lizawasadiver

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'll be the first to admit I need a little more practice applying liquid liner, but after trying the E.L.F. brand in brown, I was in love. It went on smoothly and easily for me and actually did not smudge.

I giddily purchased it in black only to find that it wasn't the same! This formula is streakier, smudgier, and feels more difficult to apply. Am I crazy or is it really different somehow?

That being said, it is still not a bad product for the price and I'll likely stick to it unless I find a truly great one for cheap.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/5/2012 1:22:00 AM More reviews by dweebyhawkeyes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Great stuff. My search for a less expensive alternative to Lancome Artliners ended with this! Goes on very smooth, very black, I love the brush; it's perfect. My only complaint is that it comes off easily if I don't take the time to prime before and powder after, and that I have to wait a couple of minutes for it to dry before opening my eyes normally.