E.L.F. Liquid Eyeliner - Black

3.2

Price: $

Price: $

Water(Aqua), Styrene/Acrylates/Ammonium Methacrylate Copolymer, Butylene Glycol, Xathan Gum, Sodium Laureth-12 Sulfate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben May Contain: Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Chromium Hydroxide Green (CI 77289), Yellow No. 5 Lake (CI 19140), Ferric Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Blue No.1 Lake (CI 42090)

on 3/29/2013 9:23:00 PM

I really have learned to love this liquid eyeliner.
I think the key is to be patient and play around with it for more than a couple days.
This liquid eyeliner IS very liquidy, but once its on the skin it does not go anywhere.
I usually try to get all the excess off the little tip before i use it on my eyes, and i dont directly start drawing my line near my tear duct because thats where it is supposed to be the thinnest. When you first apply you will get most of the product off the brush so you want to start in the middle and work your way out, and then go back with whatever is left on the brush for the tear duct area (if that makes any sense).
Anyway, i really love this and it's $1, lasts forever, and does not come off in the middle of the day.
Highly recommend!

on 3/17/2013 1:15:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

i bought it for 50k rupiah (+- 5$) online, meanwhile all of you guys bought for 1$ its not fair. i bought it because i always use cheap stuff first and if i like the look i'll buy the better one. and this eyeliner is HORRIBLE. it takes forever to dry. when i opened my eyes its all over my lid and crease, ew.

love the stuff!

on 2/25/2013 9:15:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

ONE DOLLAR FOR GOOD LIQUID LINER!

I was at a high end spa once as the therapist marveled at the color and staying power of my cats-eye black lash line. When I told her it was E.L.F (Eyes Lips Face) for ONE DOLLAR from Target she was shocked.

Seriously I'm not sure how they make a profit on this product.

Only cons - need to make sure you don't blink while it's drying.

And I've been suckered into other products from them (lip gloss set) that sucked. Cheap gross.

But this works. and is ONE DOLLAR!

on 2/11/2013 8:16:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I've never been a fan of liquid liners but I love this one! It looks super pigmented, dark, and glossy and goes on really smooth. It doesn't run or smear onto lids and the applicator is a good size to make a thick or thin line. It is very wet at first but it doesn't smudge and dries pretty quickly. Lasts all day and into the night. When I want a dramatic eye look, this is the one I go to. It is a great, easy-to-use, pretty-to-wear liner that can do the job as well as department store ones can but for a tiny fraction of the price. Recommend!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Terrible. The black isn't very pigmented and the consistency of this product is very watery.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This eyeliner is very watery and not the most intense black. I don't like how this eyeliner flakes off and cracks. I would try a different eyeliner because this one isn't the best

I usually love E.L.F's products, but this one didn't do it for me. The eyeliner was runny, the brush was split, and it didn't last at all. E.L.F. has much better contenders.

EDIT: I guess I was kind of rushing when I got to reviewing this eyeliner. I was using it for the first time back in the winter, and after several uses, I really liked it. It had great pigmentation, versatility and staying power, and it seemed like an amazing steal. Well, I was wrong. First off, the pros of this eyeliner. I liked it for its color, longevity, and how easy if was to create various styles with it. Also, the price was a dream. $1 eyeliner that works well?? Yes, please!! However, as I got around to using it more and more, it started to fail me. My biggest issue that I started having was the pigmentation. It definitely got more diluted- the color was not showing up as well over my eye makeup, and it looked more like a trail of black-ish chemicals than solid eyeliner. Also, it began to act weirdly on my eyelid. By that I mean it literally would not go on. I was really disappointed there. I still had good luck with the wear and its brush- it has a really nice, small brush ideal for all kinds of looks. It was really disappointing to have to throw this eyeliner away, but it just didn't perform in the long run.

on 2/1/2013 9:44:00 PM

Skin: Other, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

i love this liquid eyeliner. probably one of my favorites, though i don't wear eyeliner on a daily basis. i love how cheap this is! the color pay-off i think is decent. the bad thing is though, it is so watery. when you put it on beware blinking it may travel. and the brush is soo flimsy. but i like how the brush is thin because you can always build it up, which i like and i like thin lines. overall, i love this product, i'd recommend it!