April 17, 2014 | 905 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Too Faced - Primed & Poreless Skin Smoothing Face Primer

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2011 3:36:00 PM More reviews by aznbunny

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm surprised at the low ratings for this product! This stuff works amazingly on me, and this is coming from someone who has tried countless primers to no avail. I picked up the sample tube from my local Sephora once I racked up 100 beauty insider points. I tried it the next day and yes, I am giving it HG status. It does everything as advertised: makes my pores smaller, keeps my oilies at bay, and prevents my make-up from fading/slipping off.

Usually I apply primer and finishing powder to my make-up, but at the end of the day (maybe after 4-5 hours) my foundation and blush slips off. I've used Smashbox, Sephora, Laura Mercier's primers and Urban Decay's all-nighter but none of the products did anything for me :(. I was convinced it was just my skin that couldn't hold make-up for more than several hours, but once I applied Primed & Poreless everything changed!

Yesterday, I applied my make up at 11 am and was out until 12:30 in the morning. I was at the beach and there was some wind. When I got home I was amazed at how all my make up stayed on (for more than 12 hours), and it's all thanks to this primer. I didn't even apply finishing powder or anything. I LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS PRIMER. I will definitely purchase the full size.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2011 4:52:00 PM More reviews by rpgoodwin

This primer is effective at smoothing and helping makeup stay on but it doesn't control oil and it broke me out. Great packaging and a good value.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/10/2011 10:05:00 PM More reviews by ticklish1221

This is my favorite primer and I have tried many. It smooths out my skin and my make up last much longer. I have oily skin and this seems to keep the oily at bay longer. I do need to use a little more to cover my face then other primers I have tried such as smashbox. But I figure its a fair trade off to use a little more primer to avoid having to reapply my makeup more often. Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2011 9:48:00 PM More reviews by sjalbert

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite high-end primer. It feels like satin going on my face. A little goes a long way. My face feels so smooth I often wear it by itself especially in hot weather. It smoothes fine wrinkles and gives my skin a subtle glow. It is on the expensive side so I don't use it everyday. Love it.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/24/2011 3:07:00 PM More reviews by gcicero

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Great product, fills in pores and derma-creases and makes my foundation last most of the day. Makes your skin feel super soft, would try it in bronze (i have the original color) but I wasn't blown away by it, will try some new primer next time. Still looking for that HG primer.
EDIT: tried the bronze, don't love it don't loathe it. This is a very 'meh' face primer. With the bronze lots of blending is required so as not to look like george hamilton.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2011 7:51:00 PM More reviews by jaimebaby

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

this works so well at hiding pores! it really does make your face look practically perfect...will repurchase. very expensive for the amount given!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/19/2011 12:25:00 AM More reviews by KittenPixe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I like this primer a lot! It feels nice and smooth. I don't notice pore shrinking all that much, honestly, but it's a great primer and does its job well!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2011 7:55:00 PM More reviews by chrissie99

I love this. It's my "spackle". I'm 34 and I have fine lines and wrinkles and this smooths them as well as my pores. You could use this alone if you don't want to wear make up. Many primers I tried were in cream or gel form but this has a beautiful silky smooth powdery consistency. My make up stays fresher longer and is well worth the price. I've tried many primers in all price ranges and this is hands down my favourite brand for face. (I use Lorac primer for eyes)

rated 3 of 5 on 6/13/2011 7:48:00 AM More reviews by trayw86

I wish this had worked for me since I love TF's amazing face oil free foundation. I have acne prone oily skin that is sensitive to most things and enlarged pores. I wanted a primer that would cover my huge pores almost/or completely, this primer only blurred them a little but not enough as I would have liked. It does blur imperfections slightly and did make my skin feel really soft and it apparently has ingredients in it that are good for your skin, it did keep my makeup on all night as well, though I did have to blot a few times. So anyway I'm back on the search for my HG primer.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2011 9:55:00 AM More reviews by dulcetpurr

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've been using this primer for a couple of weeks, and I'm in love! I admit I was skeptical, especially when I read 'wear alone for the look of flawless skin' on the front of the tube. I thought there's no way anyone could wear just a primer and call themselves done. But the instant you smooth it on your face, you realize that you could indeed wear this alone! I totally would if I didn't have such terrible acne scarring and hyper-pigmentation. It spreads over your skin like silk and blurs every pore and imperfection. It makes the texture of your skin even and smooth. It's quite magical!

The results are even better with a foundation on top. It keeps my foundation looking smooth and even all day. I was previously using the L'Oreal Studio Secrets primer, and while it worked, I got shiny throughout the day, which I didn't like. Primed & Poreless does not get shiny, the finish remains satiny smooth like my foundation.

I didn't even realize I needed a primer until I saw what this one could do. The price is an ouch for me, it hurts me to pay that much. But the tube is a significant 1 oz, and since I only use about 2 pea sized amounts every day, it should last me quite some time. I've come to realize that spending that much on a face product, if it works, is completely worth it. This is a total repurchase.

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No