December 22, 2014 | 1838 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Oil-Free Acne Wash

rated 2 of 5 on 1/13/2013 4:57:00 PM More reviews by missglamourcorner

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

First off, it broke me out at the very beginning. But I was just assuring myself that it was because my skin was adjusting to it. It got a bit better afterwards, but it never really gave me the skin I really wanted. I re-purchased it once before because I kept trying to convince myself it would work. However, it didn't.

- It smells awful
- It doesn't foam up well at all or lather so you can't really tell if the product is on your skin and working
- It always runs and finds its way to get in my eyes or on my lips
- The packaging sucks. The pump always breaks off and I can't find a way to put it back on as it was before.
- This also sucks to travel with. The pump makes it all leak out, making a mess and wasting the product.

Don't buy this.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/11/2013 6:05:00 PM More reviews by Poxleitner123

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

Ughhhh. I cannot tell you how much i dislike this cleanser. If I could give it zero lipsticks I would. It did nothing for my acne and dried out my skin. Although it did help me discover my contact dermatitis -__- yaaaay. Will not be buying this product again.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/4/2013 9:46:00 AM More reviews by GentleReader

My derm recommended this when I was going through a bad bout of acne a few years ago. I've since discontinued using it daily because it is just wayyyyy too drying. But I do continue keeping it around because this stuff seriously WORKS. The key is in learning how to make it work for your individual skin concerns.

I use it 1-3 times a week whenever my skin starts to look muddy or congested. After using it, my facial skin is so bright and clean it almost looks sparkly. It is truly amazing for opening your pores and deep cleaning them. If I have any surface acne lurking about, it's gone within a day or so of using this.

On the downside, it is extremely drying and I can only imagine very, very oily skins tolerating it on a daily basis. It also smells like dishwashing detergent, which in my book is not an attractive scent, but I suppose it's a small price to pay for clear skin. Just be sure to moisturize after using this or your skin WILL turn into the Sahara Desert.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2012 8:54:00 PM More reviews by JerseyRoja

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is the only face wash that keeps my face clear. It can be drying but you must remember to moisturize your skin, especially in the winter. The aloe version is a little less drying. I use this once a day, night.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2012 3:07:00 PM More reviews by joian

DO NOT USE. My face is very sore and itchy, i only used it twice and its burnt my skin and brought me out in spots. Never again will i use this product, its very powerful.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/28/2012 6:28:00 AM More reviews by Cassiegarcia128

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Recently my face started to break out so I decided to try a new product. I've been using this for about 3 weeks now and regret it. The first week I used it as directed, twice a day, but it dried my face out and made around my mouth sensitive and flaky. So I started only once a day and moisturizing more. But then my acne got worse, I stopped using this product three days ago and my acne has cleared up so much.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/16/2012 3:34:00 AM More reviews by allybryant1

I used this two nights in a row, then I woke up the next morning with the itchiest skin around my jawline and on my chin and cheeks.
Skin is pretty inflamed and red with tiny little bumps all over it.
I have never had sensitive skin and my skin is usually slightly oily.
So disappointed with this face wash. Waste of money as it is already in the bin after two uses.
I would not recommend to anyone.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/8/2012 7:21:00 AM More reviews by phoebekatehortle

I never write product reviews. but joined this site so I could because I am so so annoyed with how this product made my skin. I switch between cleansers regularly and normally just use oil free types and they all do the same job. I thought this product would give me great results because of the brand and price $14.99 the highest priced cleanser at the supermarket. After one day of use I become itchy around my jawline and had some redness. By the second day it got redder and spread to my chin. I stopped using the product and after another 2 days of no use my skin is flaky dry itchy and red all over and has tiny little blotches on it. nothing will get rid of the dry skin and every time I try to moisturise my face stings excruciatingly. I'm having to use tons of moisturiser to try and get my skin back to normal and I'm certain this will result in breakouts on my normally semi oily skin. I hope my skin heals quickly and will never ever use this again. DO NOT BUY. especially if you have semi sensitive skin. I have never experienced this horrible skin problem before and don't want to ever again.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/4/2012 5:47:00 AM More reviews by luineumaiel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I stupidly switched to this one because I couldn't find Liquid Neutrogena on the shelf once. Immediately regretted it. Just two washes and my skin got extra dry. And this was when my skin was oily in my early to late teens. I wouldn't even recommend this product for those with oily skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/2/2012 7:29:00 PM More reviews by dawnlois

I'm sorry to see so many negative reviews for this product! Especially since it's really good stuff. I think folks go overboard with it sometimes, and if you do - it's powerful stuff, and will dry your skin up like the , proverbial prune! I use this about once a week - maybe stretching it out to every 9 days in the winter, maybe twice a week in the middle of summer. Always at night, and always after cleaning my face with 35% castor oil/65% sunflower oil.I always make sure my makeup is removed first, and I either lather up with this and let it sit for a moment, or I use it with my Clarisonic Mia if I feel like I need extra exfoliation. I moisturize IMMEDIATELY after patting my face with a towel, and I don't use this on Retin-A nights.Salicylic acid clears clogged pores like nothing else, but do be moderate with this, especially if you're past the teen acne years. I definitely think skin care is highly individual, and what works for one person may wreak havoc on the next. I really believe that being cautious is best - and not falling prey to the "more is more" way of thinking. It seems like alot of women go at their skin like it's an enemy attack - bombarding it with too much all at once. Take it slow, respect and support the skin's natural barrier.In other words - moisturize, moisturize, and then moisturize some more. If the natural barrier is in healthy shape, skin will be clearer and fresher. I can't believe it took so long for me to figure that out - but once I stopped stripping my skin and started protecting it, all the issues I had with it have improved. And I'm talking adult acne, clarity, smoothness, fine lines - everything.It seemed to take maybe two weeks before I started to notice the changes, but I think it's going to be fine as long as I'm gentle and moderate. Sorry if I am long winded - I truly hope this helps someone.