NARS Sheer Glow Foundation

3.7

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Triethylhexanoin, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Bis-butyldimethicone Polyglyceryl-3, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Sodium Glutamate, Sorbitan Sesquiisostearate, 1-Methyl-Hydantoin-2-imide, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Polysilicone-2, Serralysin, Curcuma Longa (Turmeric) Root Extract, Glucosyl Hesperidin, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Tocopherol, [may contain: titanium dioxide, iron oxides, iron oxides]

on 8/21/2014 4:23:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Hmmm, I am still umming and ahhhing over this product!

I love it in winter (punjab) but In summer (barcelona) it seems to separate :(

I use it for nights out, (applied with a damp RT sponge) and it seems to look lovely!

But for day-to-day, I shall be sticking to my trusty Nars tinted moisturizer!

on 8/18/2014 2:48:00 AM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I got this in the color Mont Blanc (though slightly wish I got Siberia, but alas out of stock). I really love how buildable this foundation is. It doesn't accentuate dry spots. I've found it to last a good amount of time, definitely long enough to get through school. Its easy to spread and blend and all that. I bought it to replace my MUFE HD (love it, wanted to try something new) and I actually enjoy it more.

Except it's kinda of disappointing it doesn't have a pump...

UPDATE: Ever since using this, for whatever reason my skin has drastically improved. I haven't gotten a pimple in a looong time now. Weird, but I thought I'd write it here for anyone acne prone.

This foundation is not sheer, it's not glowy, and I would not recommend it to a dry skin at all.
I must mention that I have not only tried this product on myself - I work in a cosmetics store so I am putting this on people every day.
The reason I have given it two stars instead of one is purely because of the colour range - it is great for a darker skin tone, and I HAVE managed to get it to look beautiful on Indian girls, who already have perfect smooth skin anyway.
Anyone with fair to medium skin, unless you are quite oily, this foundation will not look good on you. It clings to the skin, separates after about half an hour, and looks cakey and unnatural.
If you are looking for a beautiful foundation, go for the nars tinted moisturiser.

on 8/15/2014 5:03:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I REALLY truly wanted to love this product, but it does not work with my skin AT ALL. I did a lot of research on this product before I bought it, because $40 for a foundation is extremely expensive for me. After reading such rave reviews and seeing so many beauty gurus love on this foundation, I bit the bullet and purchased it. All of the other reviewers are right, this is not sheer or glowy, it's definitely a medium coverage and pretty matte. The one thing I love about this foundation is the color. I wear the shade Siberia, it's a near perfect match for my skin tone and the reason why I tried to make it work for so long. It's very yellow, which I appreciate because I am super pale and warm toned and can never find a foundation that matches. For reference, I have combo skin. When I first apply this, it looks beautiful. But within an hour or two it starts to separate and cake up and look terrible. I've tried different methods of application, different moisturizers, setting powders, and primers and I always get the same result. Such a bummer, since it's so expensive. My HG L'Oreal true match foundation is far superior to Nars sheer glow, and 1/4th the price.

on 8/14/2014 8:00:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Ok here is my thing :( i really wanted to love this because i hear all dry skin youtubers say how dewy it is so ill just stop it there it is NOT dewy for me anyways i have very dry skin so most glowing foundations are not BUT i will say it is very natural and smooth/airbrushed look with a hint of glow but not dewy like i had hoped 😢but i did like the finish but i wanted a dewy foundation like my mac moisture foundation which is really DEWY especially with a beauty blender but that foundation literally lasts like 4 hrs where as this one lasted me for 6hrs but to me my old rimmel 24 hr foundation lasted about the same but it was only $6 by the way if you are nc35/40-Barcelona will most likely be your shade

on 8/11/2014 8:11:00 AM

Never understood the hype. I've tried applying this using so many different methods, but each time it just slides off my face. Like it literally melts.

on 8/10/2014 6:32:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I have quite clear skin however it is a little dry, for occasions I do like to wear a long lasting medium to full coverage foundation, I used to use mac studio fix fluid until I discovered this! This is the most perfect product, it feels nice and light on the skin and not cakey at all. I found that it covers any blemishes I do have and gives me a totally flawless face. If you don't like a dewy finish then a setting powder will turn it matte for you - I like to switch between the 2 so it's like a 2 in 1 product. It's a little on the expensive side however it does last for ages as a little product goes a lot way. I highly recommend this product! I am mac shade nc44 and I use this product in the shade "Cadiz"

Skin: Very Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure

At first when i bought this i didn't really like it for my dry skin. I was totally mislead by the name 'sheer glow' which doesn't do any of those things. I find it to be a semi matte foundation therefore best for normal to combination skin. I used to apply this with a foundation brush in which i found the foundation to come across as quite patchy on my skin but i found that applying it with a wet sponge gives a more flawless finish. I do like this foundation but i probably won't be repurchasing as i feel like theres more better foundations for dry skin but I'm glad i tried it :)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Let's get this out of the way: no, it's not sheer and it doesn't add a glow to your face. It's medium coverage and pretty matte.

This is also the most high maintenance foundation I've ever used. I had to do a trial and error on how to apply it. I tried my Real Techniques Expert Face brush but it just soaked up too much product. I found it's best to dab it on with my fingers and then blend with a sponge (I use the RT one). It is buildable to medium coverage; one layer doesn't cover anything for me (I've got fairly clear skin with a blemish or two here and there and some old acne scarring). For me, it just takes so long to apply to my face, therefore I tend not to wear it when I'm in a rush to go to work in the morning. It's definitely a special occasion foundation.

Another reason it's a special occasion foundation is that it doesn't last very long on my oily-to-combo skin. I get 4 hours tops, with or without primer. I wear it when I'm going out for a short period of time (perhaps out to dinner).

And yes, the packaging is terrible. For $45, I should get a pump. What makes it worse is I tried to put the cap back on and it would not screw on straight. I turned it a bit more and it broke off on top of the bottle, so now the cap does not screw on securely at all.

I wanted to try this foundation for a long time before I splurged on it, and it's perhaps the most disappointing one I've ever tried.

on 8/5/2014 3:26:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

Hmm okay so first off all there is no glow whatsoever don't get me wrong there is a little shimmer but its not glowy. Its actually a semi-matte foundation which if you have dry skin is a no no. I find the product only looks nice if you exfoliate really really good or the foundation will just look like a cakey mess. It also kinda clings to dry patches which is super annoying. It does have a nice coverage though but I wouldn't purchase this again.

Video Reviews & Tutorials