NARS Sheer Glow Foundation

3.7

Cyclopentasiloxane, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Triethylhexanoin, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Bis-butyldimethicone Hectorite, Sodium Glutamate, Sorbitan Sesquiisostearate, 1-Methyl-Hydantoin-2-imide, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Polysilicone-2, Serralysin, Curcuma Longa (Turmeric) Root Extract, Glucosyl Hesperidin, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Tocopherol, [may contain: titanium dioxide, iron oxides, iron oxides]

on 2/14/2015 10:14:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This foundation is really good ! I was hesitant about trying it because I have very oily skin on my forehead and nose and I read everywhere that it is suitable for normal to dry skin types. I have to say, this looks amazing even with oily skin !
I use it with mattifying primer and a setting powder and it lasts the whole day without sliding off my face or looking greasy.
You need to be careful about applying the *right* amount otherwise it can look cakey (it is called "sheer" but the coverage is actually very good). Little goes a long way.
I have small dry patches around my nose and without moisturizing it accentutes these dry patches terribly.
What I personally love about this foundation are two things : first, it does not oxidize on my oily skin !!! I had this issue with Diorskin Forever foundation, it turned orange on me after few hours. The second thing is, the shades are amazing. I usually can't find the right shade for me since I am really pale but Siberia is a perfect match !

To sum up :

Pros :
- works well with oily skin ( again, I use it with mattifying primer and setting powder)
- lasts whole day, without fading or sliding off
- does not oxidize
- amazing shade range, Siberia is perfect for pale faces like mine :)
- didn't break me out

Cons :
- packacking doesn't have a pump
- quite pricey
- accentuates dry areas on skin if you dont moisturise first

on 2/14/2015 8:12:00 AM

This product has extremely high coverage which is good however it looks unnatural, also the cost of this is high. I wont be buying this product again.

on 2/12/2015 7:47:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I like this foundation quite a lot. The finish is very natural and luminous, which is beautiful. The coverage is not sheer at all, it is more of a medium to buildable coverage. The texture is in the middle of runny and thick and it is smooth and comfortable on the skin. It doesn't emphasize my dry patches too badly, but I wouldn't say it's hydrating like their tinted moisturizer. Now, my skin is virtually flawless, but dry, and I'm young so pretty much any foundation is going to look good on me and last all day so I wouldn't know how to judge it too technically. But I do think that it would be suitable for most skin types. The one place where I was disappointed was that it is not sheer at all like the title describes. I like more sheer coverage foundations because too much coverage can make my skin look plastic (because there isn't much to cover). But that's just my problem, I'm sure other people love that fact. The reason I said I wouldn't repurchase is because I think there are better foundations that are marketed for "glowing" purposes. But I definitely would recommend it because I do think it's really nice.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Where's the pump?

I have tried multiple samples...it just doesn't seem worth the money. The shade range is impressive, but I can't get it to last. I was told to blend this with my fingers, but I've also tried a brush and a beauty blender. It looks great, but it doesn't last.

Sigh. My Cover Girl 3in1 lasts all day and into the evening. Plus, I've heard that Maybelline and Loreal have a dupe for this.

This foundation is ok, It really isn't worth the hype and the only reason I bough it is because of Nars' intensive shade range. You will definitely find a match with this many shade available. It should come with a pump I didnt like buying a seperate pump for it. On the skin it tends to just sit there, not mold or mesh with the skin and look luminous and reflect light as foundation should. It looked quite dry and flat to be honest. Both formulas are ok for oily skin you don't just need to buy the Sheer Matte if your oily. Added SPF would be nice. Gorgeous packaging though.

on 2/9/2015 9:29:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I wouldn't say this is a great foundation but it's definitely not bad, I would say it's a light to medium coverage but it is build-able. It doesn't come with a pump which I think is a bit annoying but it's not a huge problem. I have this foundation in Fiji and would say it matches my skin tone perfectly, the problems that I find with this foundation is that it does not stay on good enough and tends to wear off after a few hours which is annoying because I look patchy, also it tends to go into my smile lines which looks awful! I don't think I would buy this product again as it's not for me, but it was definitely worth trying out.

on 2/8/2015 8:56:00 PM

I have this in shade Siberia which is pretty light. I'd say my skin colour is fair but not pale. This however is a pretty good match. It's very nice foundation but i regret of buying this a bit for there's absolutely nothing special in this foundation. I love my Estee Lauder Double wear much much more. One downside besides the price is that you just can't use this if you're skin is even a little bit of dry. All the dry patches instantly pop up more. So you need a really well moisturized skin. Also i don't see much of a glow, it leaves quite matte finish. Coverage is light to medium.

on 2/8/2015 6:13:00 PM

I tried to love this... but it just didn't love my skin. Today I finally put an almost full bottle in the trash, and my wallet cried (bought it too long ago, so I can't return it). It clung to dry patches, oxidized, and just melted off my skin. Maybe it's because I live in the tropics? Or because I do my makeup at around 6:30 am and it needs to last until I leave work at 5:30pm? Whatever it is, it just didn't work for me.

on 2/8/2015 5:38:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Seriously the best foundation I have ever tried. This is a great foundation if you "hate" foundation. By this I mean it doesn't ever look cakey in any way, shape, or form. This foundation looks like skin-- your BEST skin. Your skin when it's naturally radiant and glowing. Every time I put this foundation on I feel like I'm tricking everyone around me into thinking that I have way better skin than I naturally do. I use the color Ceylan in summer and Gobi in winter. I encourage anyone who is after that glow to go for this one..apparently they are about to update their packaging for this foundation and they are going to include the pump with the new packaging, so we can all look forward to that!

on 2/6/2015 8:19:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Nars Sheer Glow is a foundation which gets a lot of attention, which in my opinion is so well deserved. I have two foundations on rotation, Nars Sheer Glow and Mac Studio Sculpt. I have used SG for about a year and a half and I put it on today after not wearing for a while and just let out a happy sigh. I am NC25 and have the shade Punjab, which is a great colour match for girls with medium yellow toned skin. It blends out perfectly, it gives medium coverage and makes your skin look amazingly fresh and glowy (as the name would suggest). The coverage is definately medium with the ability to be built up higher. This foundation makes me stop searching for anything else, I am just not interested in buying anything else because I know this works for me. I am on the last legs of the product and will definately be repurchasing this beauty. The only downside is the packaging is less than desirable, doesn;t come with a pump, messy cap and pour system just makes it gross around the top of the tube. Buy the pump and save yourself the hassle. But seriously, SG is so good the ba packaging isn't a big issue at all (just a small annoyance).