NARS Sheer Glow Foundation

3.7

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Butylene, Glycol, Glycerine, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Vinal Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Triethylhexanoin, Peg-10 Dimethicone, Dis-Butydimethicone Polyglyceryl-3, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Sodium Glutamate, Sorbitan, Sesquiisostearate, 1-Methylhdantoin-2-Imide, Phenoxyenthanol, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Polusilocone-2, Serralysin, Curcuma Longa, Glycuosyl Hesperidin, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Tocpherol, [ /- (May Contain): CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77492 (Iron Oxides), CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), CI 77499 (Iron Oxides)].

This is the best foundation in my collection. I loathe the feel of heavy foundations and avoid full coverage unless I really need it. This foundation is light-medium coverage and has an extensive range of shades. Although many of the shades look quite yellow in the bottle they blend out well and look really natural. I tend to switch between Mont Blanc and Deauxville for my NW 15-20 skin. I find this blends like a dream with a buffing brush or stipling brush. The finish is so smooth and natural and does not feel like I am wearing anything on my skin. The packaging is fine if you buy the pump or use a MAC pump. It really should just come with the pump though. Overall I adore this foundation for everyday wear and am likely to use this more than any of my other foundations.

I recently began using a drop of the Cover FX Custom Cover Drops to adjust the shade of Mont Blanc and WOW! These two products go so well together. If I add 2-3 drops with Sheer Glow then I increase the coverage without changing the texture or finish of the foundation. Brilliant!

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Tried this out because I was curious to play around with foundation. I had heard a few good things about this product so I gave it a try and loved it. It really does give a sheer glow. It doesn't leave a dewy or a matte finish, which I like and it also stays on very smoothly. The only con about it is it takes a bit longer to blend than other products i have tried. Definitely recommend.

Normally I don't spend this much on a singe foundation but I really do love the product. The coverage is amazing, the color selection is amazing and the way it blends and looks on the skin is great. However I am not a big fan of the packaging. I believe that all foundations should come with a pump when the bottles are like this one. I find it not to be very user friendly without it. Aside from that I do love this foundation and would repurchase it.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Well...I haven't purchased this product yet, but reading through the comments I think I would like to try the product only to get my view on it but if anyone watches lets say Zoella on YouTube she has spotty and oily skin yet she is a very down to earth person and only recommends the best products! I think though it's a shame the company doesn't send out tiny samples for FREE to customers to see if it's there skin tone because a lot of people say how the shade was too dark or looked orange on the skin tone. So..that is something I would recommend, but overall reading through the comments has helped as a lot if people seem to have the same problem as myself with having oily and spotty skin and seeing that most people with that problem find the foundation to go all cakey around there T-zone it is quite bad for a product and that being that pricey!

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this last October and it lasted me until now in May with wearing it on most days. My skin tone is around an NC30 with yellow undertones. I went with the shade Punjab as Stromboli and Barcelona looked either too dark or too orangey on me. Plus im half punjabi so i was like YEAH already. If Punjab was slightly darker it would be perfect for my skin, nevertheless the tone matched me perfectly so the slight light cast wasn't a big issue. It has a medium coverage which i like, i have acne scarring and it would never cover those in a million years so i use Vichy Dermablend on those. My skin is dry and in winter this looked slightly flakey and patchy. The finish overall is okay, nothing spectacular, its a good solid foundation. I must say though i discovered something the other day that might have gained it an extra lippie. I was looking for a lighter coverage than normal so i mixed some with an Olay multi radiance moisturiser and HOLY yesssss, it looked so much more flawless with practically the same coverage but smoother and luminous. Now it has finished and it's time to say goodbye unless i miss it.

For months this was my holy grail foundation, I am now on my second bottle and have developed a love-hate relationship. I apply with a buffing brush and set with powder, some days I use primer, some days I don't. This foundation would suit someone who has neither dry nor oily skin as it clings to dry patches and cakes around my oilier T zone, halfway through the day. However, the colour selection is amazing (I suit Mont Blanc perfectly) and for a "sheer" foundation, the coverage is impressive. I suffer from breakouts and it does a pretty damn good job at hiding redness. The overall finish looks lovely, more on the dewy side, however I find it stays slightly tacky to the touch even an hour after applying. Unfortunately you have to buy a pump for the bottle, I use around 2 pumps to cover my face and blend down my neck. I wear it 5 days a week and 1 bottle lasts me nearly 3 months.

I bought this foundation about two months ago and no longer have any use for it. I find that it clings to dry patches terribly, and it claims to be a foundation for dry skin. I have tried to make it work by trying various moisturisers and primers underneath but it still doesn't look good. I also tried using different techniques to apply it but nothing seemed to work. The one thing I love about this foundation is the colour selection, I am very fair and bought the shade 'Siberia' and it is perfect, just a shame about the formula.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Cool

I bought this along with Smashbox's Liquid Halo because I heard they both run very yellow/warm and also because I just couldn't decide. It was Stromboli vs #6 and Nars won hands down. I bought the powder and tinted moisturizer which made me absolutely fall in love with Nars and the way it matches me perfect! Even though I have oily skin, I tend to prefer the light, luminous finish as opposed to a thick matte finish. I was thrilled the color was perfect and even more thrilled the finish was amazing! Great medium'ish coverage without looking thick and make up-y. The only complaint is the same as everyone else's: no pump. Not a big deal, I'm used to the "ketchup bottle" shake I had do with drugstore foundation. I expected better from you, Nars! Overall, it's cover without the cake!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

i have this in santa fe for winter and punjab for summer. my favourite foundation. i love the finish and it stays on. photographs well. not sure what else to say.

I'm conflicted about Nars Sheer Glow.

In terms of shade, it's hands down got the best colour for pale skin I've ever come across, nothing matches my skin quite as well as Siberia.It also has pretty good coverage.

I'm on my 3rd bottle of Nars Sheer Glow and I think I might switch foundation finally. For me the negatives are:

- It can cake quite easily around creases and especially in between my eyebrows for some reason

- I'm not convinced it has very long lasting power

- The packaging is pretty awful, it doesn't come with a dispenser and if you buy one you can't put the lid on. Only because I have multiple bottles am I able to effectively switch between from the dispenser to the lid f I am taking my foundation with me (long day, travel etc).

Video Reviews & Tutorials