October 2, 2014 | 918 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - Aveeno - positively radiant

rated 4 of 5 on 10/5/2011 12:20:00 PM More reviews by HREX

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

1) It's shinier than you expect.
2) It's thicker, more coverage than you expect.

I've used the non tinted version of this moisturizer and i really liked it. gave my skin a LITTLE sheen, contains sunscreen but isn't very heavy. but this product surprised me because it is closer to a foundation than a moisturizer and the sheen left behind is rather dazzling! "radiant", no. almost sparkly.

so... buy this if you want a medium coverage foundation with moisture and sunscreen that you don't mind dulling the shimmer down with a little loose powder on top!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/1/2011 7:32:00 PM More reviews by NaturalGirl1116

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I was looking for a good TM that would really hydrate my dry skin and give me sheer coverage. This is the worst TM I've ever tried! It was very hard to blend and made my dry patches stand out. It also made my skin look orange, and it also made my skin Itch and burn. I will never put this on my face again!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/29/2011 4:17:00 PM More reviews by SilverBirch

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I was eager to try this product because I thought it would provide good sunscreen coverage and eliminate the need for foundation for everyday use. I've had good luck with Aveeno products but this was a big mistake. The product comes out in a big dry blob at the first press of the pump before it's usable. My skin became irritated, red and the product stung and showed all my pores (which I've never noticed particularly before) as huge and awful. I used it with moisturizer under it and without, applied it with my fingers, a brush and a damp sponge. I emailed Aveeno thinking they'd have a suggestion for application instead they said to stop using it and contact a rep by phone. She was mostly concerned with if I needed a dermatologist and had no application advice. She said Aveeno would send a $20 coupon for use on another product. After it didn't arrive in 4 months I emailed Aveeno and they sent a $20 coupon immediately. I used it to repurchase Aveeno Ultra Calming SPF 15 which I had used successfully before. I was happy Aveeno had sent the coupon to replace the discarded tinted moisturizer. I'm still using other products of theirs. This, tinted moisturizer however, wasn't right for me. I'm very fair, have sensitive, burn easily skin and rosacea.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/25/2011 8:43:00 PM More reviews by ieatcandy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I brought this product a month ago and I was really looking forward to trying this out. Unfortunatly, it totally did not work for me!!!! I was soooo dissapointed. I tried it on for a couple of days, and by the 2nd day, I started noticing little breakouts on my face. I even tried it again on the 3rd day, only to find out that I was right ---- that the aveeno TM was causing me to breakout. Note that the texture of the TM is very creamy. It also has little sparkles in the product. I am never buying this product again, its terrible! Also, please note that I have normal skin, so I dont break out very often.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2011 5:41:00 PM More reviews by brittany0859

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have oily skin and I've been wanting to try this forever. I finally found a mattifying product, so I can! I went out and bought it yesterday and couldn't wait to try it. I have a few acne scars and a little redness around my nose. I really don't need much coverage, I just wanted to even out my skin a little. I was using either MAC Mineralize Skinfinish, and BM Matte, depending on how much time I had in the morning. Anyway, I applied this with a concealed brush under my eyes, around my nose and places I needed a little more coverage, then I applied the rest with my fingers and blended. I'll apply eith a foundation brush once I find mine. I was amazed! My skin looked so healthy and radiant and just very very natural. I looked like I wasn't wearing any makeup, but yet my face was nice and even toned and flawless. It's lasts a long time, doesn't melt off. It has the right amount of shimmer. This is just an awesome product. I'm so happy I finally got it! it's so worth the $14 I paid at walmart. And I can't wait to see if it helps even out my skin tone over time. I'm definitely sticking with this for a long time,

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2011 7:29:00 PM More reviews by darlingmarmalade

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Man, all of these reviews stating that it didn't give them the coverage they wanted. If you wanted coverage you should have bought concealer or foundation, not a TINTED moisturizer.

I don't like to wear concealer or foundation because it makes my face feel dirty and my skin look fake, like I'm wearing makeup or something rather than enhancing my natural complexion. So this tinted moisturizer fit what I needed perfectly. It let my freckles show through but softly concealed the deep flush my cheeks tend to take on due to stress and physical activity.

It felt like I wasn't even wearing makeup once it settled a minute after I applied it, and because it is so sheer I didn't even need to dab on blush. It also smells pleasant and not "makeuppy" at all.

The only downside is the price, which is actually fairly reasonable considering the cost of most "quality" tinted moisturizers, and the residue left on my fingers after application, I own soap and have running water though, so that is easily taken care of.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/15/2011 6:09:00 PM More reviews by melaaniepayne

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

i just got this today and i have only tested it out on my cheek but i think you all should know, it is very sparkly..like wow. but i will try it tomorrow and update my review.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/8/2011 4:02:00 PM More reviews by SMG1991

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Im surprised by the negative reviews on this product, because i love it. Im going on my third bottle and besides the fact its a bit expensive i really have nothing negative to say. Im not a heavy foundation girl and im a huge fan of Aveeno prodcuts so i found this product great for me. It gives awesome coverage and i feel like its actually improved my skin as far as tone goes. It really takes very little to achive coverage so the bottle last me typically about 4 months with almost-daily use. I have sensitive skin and have yet to have problems with this tinted moisturizer. Like i said i use this nearly everyday and i really like it, i for sure think it's worth a try.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/24/2011 11:46:00 AM More reviews by topgun4ever

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really dont like to hate on products, but i dont like this product :(
My skin reacted to this product really bad, my skin got itchy and and red when i use this product. This may work good for your skin, after all everyones skin is diffrent.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 8/19/2011 1:07:00 AM More reviews by numsy

For a drugstore tinted moisturizer I found it a little pricey ($15) but competent for daily use. Very little coverage, I got it in the medium shade and had to use two full pumps for just a sheer layer all over the face. It's nice I guess to even out skin tone a little bit, but you're going to have to spot conceal dark circles/blemishes with other products. If you're like me and don't like to wear foundation or concealer every day it's great - slather it on (plus I love the fact that it has spf 30 in it already, another step consolidated), dust some powder on your t-zone and you're good to go. The effect, I would say, is like your skin, just a bit better - doesn't cover up anything, just gives you a nice, natural glow. The slight shimmer is a little overwhelming, I was not aware of it when I bought it, but it's not distracting enough for me to regret buying this. Plus you get a pump top AND 2.5 oz which is a lot compared to the other tinted moisturizers I was considering at the time, around 1.5 oz. Happy with this product.