April 23, 2014 | 912 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - Aveeno - positively radiant

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2011 7:29:00 PM More reviews by darlingmarmalade

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Man, all of these reviews stating that it didn't give them the coverage they wanted. If you wanted coverage you should have bought concealer or foundation, not a TINTED moisturizer.

I don't like to wear concealer or foundation because it makes my face feel dirty and my skin look fake, like I'm wearing makeup or something rather than enhancing my natural complexion. So this tinted moisturizer fit what I needed perfectly. It let my freckles show through but softly concealed the deep flush my cheeks tend to take on due to stress and physical activity.

It felt like I wasn't even wearing makeup once it settled a minute after I applied it, and because it is so sheer I didn't even need to dab on blush. It also smells pleasant and not "makeuppy" at all.

The only downside is the price, which is actually fairly reasonable considering the cost of most "quality" tinted moisturizers, and the residue left on my fingers after application, I own soap and have running water though, so that is easily taken care of.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/15/2011 6:09:00 PM More reviews by melaaniepayne

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

i just got this today and i have only tested it out on my cheek but i think you all should know, it is very sparkly..like wow. but i will try it tomorrow and update my review.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/8/2011 4:02:00 PM More reviews by SMG1991

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Im surprised by the negative reviews on this product, because i love it. Im going on my third bottle and besides the fact its a bit expensive i really have nothing negative to say. Im not a heavy foundation girl and im a huge fan of Aveeno prodcuts so i found this product great for me. It gives awesome coverage and i feel like its actually improved my skin as far as tone goes. It really takes very little to achive coverage so the bottle last me typically about 4 months with almost-daily use. I have sensitive skin and have yet to have problems with this tinted moisturizer. Like i said i use this nearly everyday and i really like it, i for sure think it's worth a try.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/24/2011 11:46:00 AM More reviews by topgun4ever

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really dont like to hate on products, but i dont like this product :(
My skin reacted to this product really bad, my skin got itchy and and red when i use this product. This may work good for your skin, after all everyones skin is diffrent.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 8/19/2011 1:07:00 AM More reviews by numsy

For a drugstore tinted moisturizer I found it a little pricey ($15) but competent for daily use. Very little coverage, I got it in the medium shade and had to use two full pumps for just a sheer layer all over the face. It's nice I guess to even out skin tone a little bit, but you're going to have to spot conceal dark circles/blemishes with other products. If you're like me and don't like to wear foundation or concealer every day it's great - slather it on (plus I love the fact that it has spf 30 in it already, another step consolidated), dust some powder on your t-zone and you're good to go. The effect, I would say, is like your skin, just a bit better - doesn't cover up anything, just gives you a nice, natural glow. The slight shimmer is a little overwhelming, I was not aware of it when I bought it, but it's not distracting enough for me to regret buying this. Plus you get a pump top AND 2.5 oz which is a lot compared to the other tinted moisturizers I was considering at the time, around 1.5 oz. Happy with this product.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/15/2011 11:57:00 PM More reviews by OliviaW202

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I purchased this product to simplify my morning routine before work. I did like that I didn't have to apply moisturizer and then a foundation but, it just didn't work out. I have very oily skin and this just felt too heavy and made me greasy. It did a good job at covering imperfections, but still needed a little concealer. Throughout the day when I would check for oil I started to notice that my face was pretty shimmery on top of being oily. Not a good combo. Will not repurchase. I think this would be better for someone with dry skin and would also not mind a little shimmer on their face.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/12/2011 1:53:00 AM More reviews by zoe29

I really wanted this product to work out for me. It gives my face a light coverage that is perfect in the summer. I've been using it for a couple of weeks, and I will stop using it. I've had the worst acne since I was a teenager, and since I haven't changed anything else with my skin regimine - this has got to be the culprit. I should also note that it isn't as gentle as you would expect from an Aveeno product. It stings a bit when you first apply it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2011 10:24:00 PM More reviews by andyloob57

bought at pharmacy $22.00 in canada. bit pricey for moisturizer. went on smoothly, colour nice, gave skin a nice luminescence & soft feel. put a light bronzing powder over top to set it. couple hours later husband told me i looked younger &better than ever. will i buy it again? damned straight i will!!!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/8/2011 8:56:00 PM More reviews by fcuksociety

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I started accutane about three months ago, if you don't know what accutane is, it's an acne treatment that drys up everything and changes your skin. Well, I wanted to wear some form of makeup whilst on acctuane, I thought a tinted moisturizer would be perfect, seeing as how aveeno is a great company I thought I'd give it a try. The smell is awful in my opinion. It's strong and irratating. The coverage was probably light to medium. There was to much sparkle for my liking. It also didn't seem very hydrating. It didn't break me out though which I was happy about.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/8/2011 3:03:00 PM More reviews by chesmom

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Weird review for me...personally, I like this but I'm going to be in the minority. If you have very dry skin, this isn't for you. If you have really oily skin, this may not be for you. If you have skin issues you just have to cover up, this isn't for you. If you're sensitive, this probably isn't for you. So who is this for? For someone who truly wants a tinted moisturizer that's relatively inexpensive in comparison to others on the market and who has fairly non-problematic skin. It sounds like that's stating the obvious and maybe it is, but I've read a lot of reviews of TMs in general that indicate people may have inflated expectations of what they are. TMs aren't going to cover problems. At most, you might expect your skin to tone down and even out but you're still going to see your problems beneath a TM. If a TM has sunscreen, as this one does, you can expect it to be a different feeling than a regular moisturizer and that may bother you. If you have really oily skin...you know, skip the idea of a moisturizer and I don't know why you'd even try one. I've had a hella time finding a TM that doesn't make me look like a grease pit because of all the sunscreen and "illuminators", although my aging skin is less combination than ever before. Even with my drier skin, a lot of illuminating or even regular sunscreen TMs just look too greasy. And while this one gives me a decent glow and looks a bit shiny going on, it settles nicely within several minutes. I'm NW20 and purchased Fair to Light. I haven't had any huge oxidation issues but I've not spent a lot of time in the sun with it on either. I don't usually rely on TMs as my sole sunscreen. That having been said, if you want a product that doesn't feel like a mask, gives sheer evenness, some acceptable sunscreen coverage (I'm not a s/s ingredient guru so others might take exception to the kind this has), and doesn't perform miracles, this might be it. I purchased it at CVS for $15 which, in my opinion, is probably knocking the ceiling of what's acceptable for a d/s product but I'm really cheap these days. I think the spike in all d/s products lately is insane. Thumbs up for the lockable pump. UPDATE: I've used this exclusively since I originally posted this review...at least six weeks..and I love it. For me, I would rate it 5 lippies. For everyone else, I'm going to leave it at 3 because I don't want to infer it's the product for everyone across the board. My skin looks and feels fantastic. I went back to regular foundation (Neutrogena Healthy Skin SPF 20) the other day and by 3 PM, I was dying to get it off...it felt that heavy in comparison. I say go for it and if it doesn't work for you, take it back. Save that receipt.