Fresh Sugar Rose Lip Treatment SPF 15

3.8

Octinoxate (Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate) 7.49 %, Oxybenzone (Benzophenone-3) 2.00 %. Beeswax (Cera Alba), Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Hydrogenated Decyl Olive Esters,Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Fragrance (Parfum), Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Oil, Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Sucrose Tetrastearate Triacetate, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Ribes Nigrum (Black Currant) Seed Oil, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Tetraisopalmitate, Propylene Glycol, Propyl Gallate, Citric Acid, Limonene, Citral, Benzyl Benzoate, Linalool, Benzyl Alcohol, Geraniol, Bht.

on 12/10/2012 3:32:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I have a lot of allergic reactions to lip products, especially those with spf but no problems with this one whatsoever. This is the perfect colour on me and it's buildable when I want a brighter look. I hardly ever have to reapply (except after eating / drinking stuff) and I like how it doesn't taste like anything unlike a lot of other lip products (it has a subtle lemony scent to it though) I don't like are how expensive it is but i would probably still repurchase. Also avoid leaving it in really warm places, it melts and gets really messy.

on 12/1/2012 3:47:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I got a sample size of this for my birthday from Sephora. From what I understand the mini size is similar to the product you get in the full size.

I like the color this imparts on your lips and the case is really sturdy and well made. My one complaint is that this balm is not very stable and became mushy after keeping it in a pants pocket for a few hours. I understand my body heat melted the balm a bit and have seen this affect before on lipsticks, but I pretty much ruined the Fresh balm this way.

Like I mentioned before this product does give you a nice hint of color, but I'm not fond of products that don't hold up to some abuse or even just putting them in your pocket. Perhaps the larger product performs better. I won't be spending my money to find out.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I received the mini duo as a free birthday gift from Sephora recently. I really love the rose tinted balm -- it smells wonderful, the color is very natural and sheer, it's slick (not sticky at all), and it feels like it really hydrates my lips. It doesn't seem to last very long, though. I feel like I'm constantly reapplying. The tint lasts around 30 minutes to an hour after the shine has faded. This balm is also VERY soft and fragile, so I'd advise not twisting it up too far or you'll be left with pieces.
I honestly can't see paying $23 +tax for one tube of this, though. I've used drugstore tinted balms that do the job just as well for a fraction of the cost. :/

on 11/27/2012 12:59:00 AM

I received a mini in a set of lip products, and I really can't say I'm impressed. For a product that costs $20+ I guess I expected a lot more. I have drugstore lip products better than this.

EDIT: Okay so I've been using my Sugar lip balm (not the Rose) at night for a while, and I do have to say it is a great product. There are good lip products like this in drugstores, but I think what makes this a cult favorite is the ingredients, which I never thought about before. It's healthy for you and works well. It's still not something I would pay $20+ on, but it is a nice product, so I'm giving it one more lippy.

on 11/22/2012 3:40:00 AM

Originally, I tried this product as part of a free birthday gift set from Sephora. I was pleasantly surprised at how well it worked. .got both the advanced therapy lip treatment (no color) and the Sugar rose treatment. Before using this, I had been an avid user of the Burt's Bee's pomegranate lip balm. . I noticed that while the Sugar lip treatments are definitely on the pricier side, I do notice that I only have to apply it once or twice in a day. . whereas with Burt's Bees, I had to apply the lip balm much more frequently.
As I'm fair skinned, the Sugar rose lip treatment provides just enough color. .and the color is buildable. . as you apply more, the color intensifies.
I will agree with what a couple of people have said. .don't twist the tube too much to expose too much product. .it could have the potential to break off, especially in warmer weather.

on 11/20/2012 8:06:00 PM

I had to go do a price point check in this since it was a gift from a friend. I think I'm addicted to lip protection products - I keep them all over the house, in each purse, coat pockets, night tables, etc. The problem I've experienced with all of them is that they wear off very quickly. This one seems different. It's thicker and creamier, almost like an emollient colorless lipstick - it gives just a tiny bit if color. I can easily see this as a night treatment or even under lipstick. I tried it under some gloss today and it seemed to make my gloss stay on longer, since the gloss had something to stick to. That said it's not really sticky, it just lays down a good coating of protection. This IS a high end product for me, so I'm hoping I can find it on sale at some point.

on 11/11/2012 5:51:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Curly, Coarse

The formula irritated my lips, dried them out & peeling commenced. Took a week of Aquaphor to get them back to normal. I find I can tolerate it to top off a few of my matte lipsticks, so I salvaged the product to that extent. But on bare lips, it's a no-go for me.

The packaging is top notch, but even if it did not wreck my kisser, at this price point it would be a luxury purchase & I would rather allocate that kind of money towards high end hair or skin care products.

Like many MUA reviews, it was my free gift from Sephora. I wavered on selecting the men's birthday option; Anthony Logistics Glycolic Face Cleanser (deluxe sample). A minor regret as I was trying to undo the peeling lip damage

on 11/11/2012 2:05:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I got this as a present from sephora (like what seems like everyone else did hehe..) and im so glad because the full size of this retails at $20+! crazy. Anywho, this product is VERY similar to Burt Bee's tinted lip balm line in texture to me, except the Sugar ones are a bit smoother and feel waxier to me. Not really my thing, mostly because of the high price tag but if thats your concern you might want to check out Burt's Bee's line.

P.S. Don't let the high price tag fool you into thinking that it means it's of superior quality to other (..cheaper) products out there :/ I know everyone's tastes differ but yeah..

on 11/9/2012 11:39:00 PM

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

Recently got this from Sephora's private sale. Finally caved due to the hype.

It has a very subtle fruity scent that is very very nice. Tinted with very sheer rosy colour. I have very dry lips that chaps all the time. Very picky when it comes to lipbalms as not all will work for me. (ie Burt's bee honey lipbalm doesn't). This is very creamy, moisturizng and kept my lips from chapping. It feels very nice on and the more i use it the more i love it. A thin layer gives off a sheen while too much makes my lips look oily. Like i've just eaten a fried chicken....

I also love and hated the packaging. The packaging feels very "solid" and thus heavy... too heavy. It feels really good quality and looks absolutely fantastic. Its a screw type instead of the normal lipstick packaging where you just pull off the cap. The feeling when i am unscrewing the cap however, the material rubbing against each other, feels alittle eeky.

Overall a good product but the price is horendous.

Update: i said i will not repurchase because it so costly, but i just did... i just purchased a set with a mini lip butter and Fresh Soy Cleanser...

on 11/4/2012 12:31:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

I really liked this lip balm. I recieved the mini in the Sephora birthday set. The packaging is pretty, but a little cumbersome to open. The smell is decent and fleeting. To me, it smells like the old-school Avon Dew Kiss Lip Dew. The balm has a very soft consistency, which is good for the lips, but terrible in the heat. This is not a good one to keep in your pocket!
As for the balm itself, it has a tint, but it is barely discernible on my deeply pigmented lips. Because of this, I just use it as a regular colorless lip balm. It does my lips so right -- the moisture soaks right in and softens them right up. This is perfect for under lipstick! Unfortunately, I get a very similar effect when I use Nivea Kiss of Moisture, so I can't justify a future purchase, well, unless I'm suddenly blessed with loads of discretionary income.

Popular Lip Treatments