July 25, 2014 | 1949 users online

Highlighters - NARS - The Multiple in Copacabana

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2008 9:26:00 PM More reviews by NUgirl14

I use this primarily on my eyes. It's a subtle but effective highlighter. It catches the light and shimmers with out being glittery, over powering or cheap looking.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2008 5:37:00 PM More reviews by hounddog1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is the best highlighter product I have used. It is best because of the texture which makes it really clean product to use. When I use something liquidy or loose powdery I tend to mess everything and liquids usually feel icky. It lasts a really long time, I sometimes even use it under the eye shadow and loose powder as a base for my eye shadows. it is also best because I can realy see the difference. Some products just disappear. I can apply this on top of everything with no problem. I usually use this after I have finished everything and sprized some Avene water on my face so it is easy to spread. The texture is just right, it is not too greasy like Wetn Wild sticks or too sticky like Sonia Kashuk blush sticks. So it stay on all day on my normal skin. I want to purchase some other shade also, in future.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2008 12:54:00 PM More reviews by girlonfilm77

I love this multiple, so glad i brought it as i have been hesitating buying for a while. I already have south beach multiple which is a good bronzing multiple, but for days when i dont want to look bronzed, but just have a glowing dewy skeen to my cheeks i use this. It is amazing! It doesn't go on as heavy as south beach (that tends to look to severe when i load it on) and looks really light and shimmery on my cheeks, I love it. I get alot of compliments when i wear it, i am blessed with good skin (thank god for the pill!) and this really compliments my skintone. Plus its great as a eye shadow base as your eye shadow lasts longer and is more pigmented, plus it will last me a long time so i do feel it is value for money even though its £27, i feel its worth it in long run!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2008 9:21:00 PM More reviews by juliastl27

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

LOVE LOVE LOVE it so much! I love a little shimmer, and I had been using MAC irridescent powder, but the sparkles in that are too big. Its almost like body glitter. I bought the NARS stick and its incredible. It adds no color to my skin, just a tiny bit of shimmer. No sparkles. You can use this anywhere too. I use it on my cheeks and on the inner corner of my eyes. I use it on my lips sometimes too. Pretty pricey but a little goes a long way and I think it will last quite a while. Thanks MUA!

*edit* i just seriously cannot get over how much i love this item. its a wonder product and makes EVERYTHING look better.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/29/2008 1:32:00 PM More reviews by Kagali

I prefer powder highlighters/face brighteners (also Chanel Pure Brilliance is way better when it comes to creams/liquids) to the multiples. The Copacabana looked great and I had read good reviews prior to my purchase but it turned out that one probably needs perfect skin without any pores to make this work. My skin is nice most of the time, I don't get big breakouts or anything but I do have medium sized pores on my cheeks and they also tend to be a tad dry. Well, all this product did was take every little pore and make it look like a goddamn crater on the side of my face. As a lip product it doesn't do anything for me, it makes me look like I just stepped out of the 80s with super frosty lips. And as eyecolor it is too creamy and creases, plus I have e/s that look very similar to this. I really don't like what this product did for me, especially for the price.

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2008 11:21:00 PM More reviews by milenacka

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

I can totally understand why so many reviewers are saying that they use this product every day and just don't feel as fresh looking without it. I've only used one other multiple, and that's South Beach; I liked the colour, but what I liked even more is the dewy effect it would have on my skin that kicks in about 15 minutes after you put it on. And Copacabana has the same formulation--you get the fantastic dewiness, but you're free of any colour constraints! So you can be wearing a beautiful bronzer (NARS Heat!) or glowing blush (Exhibit A!), and layer Copacabana on top and just get the most amazing finish--soft, supple, even, glowing skin, with a very slight shimmer.

I'm sorry that it doesn't last on some people. I found it stayed in effect (in various degrees) for a normal work day. Would re-purchase considering that since I've bought it, rarely has a day gone by that I haven't reached for it.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2008 4:09:00 PM More reviews by gemkate

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

LOVE love love this - how could i have resisted for so long when everyone talks about it so much!? it makes me look, quite simply, better: dewy, healthy, but very very natural... i've used highlighters for years - an armani one that is practically a glorified moisturiser, the benefit highbeam that is almost but not quite great. both i just threw on when i remembered they existed, they weren't a must have. this is. i smear/pat it very lightly with my fingers over the outer half of my eyebrows - trust me - and smear/pat it again just with fingertips across the top of my cheekbones to my nose. sometimes, i'll fake a smile and dot it at the place my cheek pokes out most - ie, where light hits when i'm smiling. i also dot it with fingers on the skin above my lips. this all sounds nuts but try it - just lightly, when yo've finished all your other makeup - and i'm sure you'll be converted!
(by teh way, i did it for a friend of mine and also added a light stripe down the centre of her nose - she has a slightly buttony nose and it made it look much more defined. i have a pretty damn big nose so it just brings more attention to mine when i do that - not a good thing for me!)

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/24/2008 9:37:00 PM More reviews by Figure88

I did a lot of research before taking the plunge to buy this luxury product. The market is flooded with items claiming to make us look "dewy", "glowing", "radiant", & "brighter". However, this claim means different things to different companies. With so many options of liquid, creams, powder, etc. what's a girl to do? I tried powder highlighters, but they were so obvious, and were too heavy. A lot of the liquid highlighters had violet and blue shimmer, or were way too pink. I finally gave in and took the plunge. The product is in stick form and there is a lot of it in the tube, despite what people say...it would take me years to use it all up. The color is a warm silvery color, almost like an unfinished chrome. At first, I worried I would look gray or fake...once applied this product goes on smooth and blends into the skin. It isn't streaky and there is no real base color, just a fine shimmer (not glitter.) I used to have peach shimmers, pink shimmers, bronze shimmers, etc. now I only need one...you can put this atop any blush and it will make whatever color your blush is glowy. It is truly gorgeous. It does look like I am glowing, not a fake product on my face glowing. It blends really well too. I adore it. I took off 1 lippie because it does crease when used on the lid. I can use it to add a little shimmer to my lipsticks and in the corner of my eyes and brow bone. Copacabana offers a beautiful, flattering wash of "glowy, dewy, radiance" that is the most natural I've seen thus far. I will update if it causes breakouts, but so far so good (it has been about a week.)

16 out of 17 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 5/22/2008 12:45:00 PM More reviews by madamemaquillage

I love the way this looks on me - for about 30 minutes. Then, depending on which part of my face I've put it on, it either creases up or simply disappears. Too bad, because the (very temporary) effect is lovely on my fair skin. Though I will probably not buy this again, I would certainly do so if I ever became a model and needed to look great for a few 30-minute photo-ops. Alas, I am a college prof who actually wants to look polished over the course of the entire day. (I do wish I has known about this stuff when I had my wedding!)

By the way, my favorite thing about this multiple was the way it looked when lightly applied on my eyelids (I can't imagine using this on my lips?). Because of the aforementioned creasing, I have switched to Estée Lauder's Double Wear Shadow Stick in "Gold Pearl," and I am really happy with it. A similar color that stays put (though it wouldn't work as a highlighter at all, I suppose).

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2008 3:30:00 PM More reviews by samcasso

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

i don't finish make-up products. i'm kind of add & need/love to try new products. that said, i've finished my multiple in copacabana. i'd read about the multiple in some magazines & was also looking for a highlighter. thus i came upon this; it is exactly what i was looking for.

no really, i love multi-taskers. i use this on my cheekbones, browbones, eyelids, corner of my eyes, sometimes lips. it is great for experimenting (i.e. it's hard to eff up when applying). it enhances my fair skin & features, so i get a subtle glow. it's quick to use, easy to apply. it suits my skin tone & my elementary make-up skills (though i think i'm getting better!)

this is probably the only highlighter i'll ever use. i will absolutely be repurchasing.