L'Oreal Telescopic Explosion

2.6

this mascara sucked! i read a bunch of bad reviews but decided to give it a try, DONT! this mascara was terrible it stuck my lashes together and didnt dry so it was really sticky and gross do not ever get this mascara... EVER

i reaaaaally don't like the way this mascara feels, or how it makes my lashes look. i have pretty long, dark lashes in the first place, and while this isn't the worst mascara i've ever used (maybelline great lash gets that honor), it's pretty bad. even if the formula didn't suck, i'm not very good with the brush and it's SO flimsy i almost broke it the first time i used it. fail-will try to give it to my sister.

on 12/11/2010 4:37:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This stuff is ehhh okay but i find that i cannot use this mascara without another mascara on top. It really separates my lashes but they look really "gappy" (if that makes sense). I think the little brush is cute but all in all, i dont think its all that.

on 12/10/2010 2:22:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

ATTENTION: Your Eyelashes will not become like how the L’Oreal Commercials suggests.

Their claim: up to 60 per cent longer-In 07 L’Oreal was condemned by the ASA (advertising standard authority for producing “misleading” mascara adverts. They failed to tell viewers that she was also wearing individual fake eyelashes. Also just letting you all know that L’Oreal is not the only company who has done this, so just be aware of advertising. Back to the review.

EPIC FAIL! I too got lured into buying this treacherous mascara due to the L’Oreal commercials with Penelope Cruz.

PURCHASED AT: Wal-mart

PRICE: 8.00 +/-

CONS:
1. Extremely flimsy brush
2. Product Clumps like crazy

I tried this a few times but it just did not work for me. I prefer Maybelline Lash Expert over this. Overall good concept may work for people who are willing to take the time out and “work with it”

on 12/9/2010 11:11:00 PM

I was looking for a mascara particularly for my outer corner lashes and bottom lashes. I went to buy Maybelline Lash Discovery, but could not find it and believe it may have been discontinued. Anyway, for the purposes I was after, this mascara is great. It reaches those corner and bottom lashes beautifully. I will be using a different mascara for my top lashes anyway, but do see what people mean about the clumpiness. I just wipe mine off a bit with a tissue if it's clumpy. Only complaint is that it is a little pricey - $26.95 here in Sydney.

I really wanted to love this mascara, After hearing so many good things from friends. So I gave it a try, and honestly didn't like it at all. It gave me spider lashes. Which isn't a cute look. The brush is really odd too, I felt like I was going to poke my eye out. I couldn't figure out how to use it either, maybe that's the problem. Wouldn't buy this again.

on 12/8/2010 10:10:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Other, Warm

I was so hyped to try this mascara because of the round tipped wand. What a huge disappointment! The formula went on too thick and gloopy, and it caused me to have extensive cleanup/touch up, and to have to separate my lashes with other implements. The round ball at the tip of the wand serves no good purpose and overall this mascara is just a huge fail.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Like others have said and the wand getting overloaded with product and such... But if you have time to work with it you will love it! I really like the porcupine q-tip brush. Nothing like it is on the market... This i believe is a must in you collection. Take your time with it!

I have a love/hate relationship with this mascara. Yes, it does make my lashes incredibly long. Amazingly long. The brush is also handy to reach the baby lashes in the corners that always get left behind. However, I have to take my time with this product otherwise it has a tendency to clump and smudge.
the round brush puts on too much product and makes a mess unless you work slowly

This is how I do it:
I apply one quick coat and brush it out with a regular spoolie and keep doing that until I achieve the look I want.

I use this mascara for special occasions only. The end effect is spectacular but it takes a little time to get there.

on 11/29/2010 5:51:00 PM

i tried out this mascara, thinking it would be a good dupe for the higher end version. i got home opened it up and there were HUGE clumps in the wand. The wand was so flimsy and i had trouble getting it back into the packagaing. while this product does add amazing length, it clumps too much for me to use it. wiping off the brush on a tissue gets rid of the clumps, but it wastes so much product. if you know of a way to get rid of the clumps, and want long eyelashes (did i mention this product adds NO volume whatsoever), then this may be the mascara for you. but if clumps drive you insane, then i do not reccommend this

Popular Mascaras