December 19, 2014 | 1586 users online

Powder - Cover Girl - Fresh complexion oil control makeup (powder foundation) [DISCONTINUED]

image 0image 1image 2

As per Cover Girl's website, this was replaced by

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2005 9:56:00 PM More reviews by beantowngrl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I erally wanted to like it but unfortunately this one is not for me. I could not find an exact match. The color darkened on my skin & my face got oily & it looked really bad. It did not give a good coveregae either. For the price I was hoping it would be good. My search for the "perfect foundation" goes on.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/16/2005 4:26:00 PM More reviews by katgirly74

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I'm happy enough with this d/s product to stop looking for a high end powder foundation I like. It comes in a shade light enough for me (I'm a MAC NW 15/20 and am using Classic Ivory in this) & I can reapply to needed areas during the day without it becoming cakey like other brands do. I hate the cheap, light blue compact, but not enough to stop using the product.

http://www.covergirl.com/cgcollection/face/freshcomplex/fc_foundation.jhtml continued >>

rated 2 of 5 on 6/16/2005 1:37:00 PM More reviews by hawaiianpnch

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

i used to use this powder everyday. at first i loved it. it gave me good coverage and made my skin look smooth. but throughout the day, my skin just got oily and that made the powder start to melt and look blotchy. it made me feel dirty. after a while, i also noticed that the coour seemed to change a bit. it was turning orangey and dark, and i even had to lightest shade! (yeah, i'm that pale. lol.) i switched to a different powder a while ago, but i will never return to this product. it's just cheap.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2005 6:18:00 PM More reviews by LauraP24

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been using this continuously since 2003 & will never stop! My skin is quite dry & sensitive. Applying this over foundation prevents any shine during the day. Perfect, matte finish, even on its own.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/12/2005 3:35:00 PM More reviews by Shortbrunette2

I will be sticking to aqua smooth.. this powder made my skin (combination) look dry and dull. I think i will pay the extra $3 for aqua smooth.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2005 12:12:00 PM More reviews by tmpr

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I live in DC, and the summers here get pretty balmy and gross. I can't wear my Revlon compact foundation because it just melts off my face with the humidity; therefore, I had to find an alternative. I read the reviews on the pocket powder, and I must say that I am impressed. I have worn it for a week, and I cannot complain. I wear buff beige; it blends in beautifully and evens out my skintone. It also covers minor flaws (does not cover hyperpigmentation). I am quite impressed with this product, and the price is definitely doable.
I will say one thing: I don't like the packaging. I don't mind the color; I just don't like the half mood sponge. It makes application a little harder, but absolutely not impossible. Also, it does hold back some of the oil, but I still have to blot. However, I never expected this to stay matte all day long. UPDATE: I still like the powder, but I feel like it makes my skin look darker. there is something about it. I still use it, but not as frequently as I did a while back. I'll keep the powder as an emergency backup.
I don't think I would repurchase it, but that is because I think it will last forever. UPDATE 2: I have continued to use it, and I really, really like this now. Definitely a keeper! UPDATE 3: I am over this powder. I have decided that it truly does change colors on me. What am I going to do with all these products? blah

rated 4 of 5 on 6/3/2005 5:59:00 PM More reviews by tspader

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have tried so many different drugstore powders and foundations and this has been the only one I've been pleased with. It did a good job hiding my pores and shine. It also evened out my skin tone a lot. The coverage isn't as full as I need, but it is the best I have found so far. I'm running out so I will definately buy it again!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/24/2005 7:09:00 PM More reviews by Laura514

I have this in 650 Creamy Beige which is really about 1 or 2 shades too dark, but will work great for summer. I have repurchased it already because I love it so much! It definitely stays put all day and the only reason I touch up is because my t-zone is oily! It covers great. It is the best powder I have used so far and now I only have to find the perfect shade!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/10/2005 3:49:00 PM More reviews by scraps

Love this!! Stays on forever, doesn't make my shiny, the color is perfect for my skin and best part is you cannot see this on your face....i apply with a big brush and go. i carry it with me during the day for quick touch ups..great little powder at a great little price.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/2/2005 8:37:00 PM More reviews by sarae

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really like the convenience of this foundation. I keep it in my purse for doing my make up on-the-go at the last minute, or for emergency retouching, etc. It's great for this purpose, really easy and quick to use. I love the packaging - it comes with a mirror, a nice sponge that I find works really well for application and blending, and I like the little air-holes in the bottom of the compact, it seems like they might help keep the sponge fresh. I'm a bit paranoid about old make-up puffs and sponges getting nasty and bacteria-laden so I replace those sometimes before I've used up the product, did that once with this foundation but I like the sponge and the airholes. My one small complaint with this product would be that it settles into powdery little expression lines underneath my eyes as my skin there is a little drier than the rest of my face. This foundation seems very good for normal to oilier skin, which is most of my face, but I definitely have to be sure to use a moisturizer under my eyes or this won't look natural. Bottom line, it's not absolutely perfect or a miracle worker, but if you need a highly portable foundation you can tuck in your purse to hide blemishes, even out skin tone, and control oil, this is a good and inexpensive staple.