April 16, 2014 | 943 users online

Bronzers - Guerlain - Terracotta Bronzing powder

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2006 6:39:00 AM More reviews by mmhilla

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have this in #20 and it is the perfect shade for me. It is possible any of the negative reviews on the color looking orange is b/c they were not matched professionaly to thier correct color. (#10 was way to light and #30 to dark..etc.)This is a silky, fine, soft bronzer. I love how evenly it coats my skin. There is no glitter and no graininess. LOVE it will repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2006 5:31:00 AM More reviews by expat

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This isn't a horrible bronzer, but there are far better ones out there at a fraction of the cost. I am a GGG with quite tanned skin so I bought #3. While it isn't as orange as a lot of bronzers I've tried, it still looks a bit orangey and somewhat flat when I apply it. Nothing beats Body Shop Bronze Shimmer Waves for the gorgeous color, price, and application.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2006 7:10:00 AM More reviews by aysegulg

Here, in Turkey, I feel myself totally ripped off (maybe a more obscene word is better, but let's be polite) whenever I buy something from the department store make-up. They add extra extra high taxes on the products and for example, anything which costs 10-13 USD abroad is here sold for 30-40 USD. Nerve irritating, isn't it? However, equivalents of some high end products are hard to find in drugstores (they are incomparably expensive, too, for example buying a l'Oreal blush for 15 USD) and so I had to keep myself calm and go to a fancy store to get a terracotta. I've already tried l'Oreal, Maybelline and some cheap and so-so Turkish brand bronzers but they made me look dirty and blotchy. I bought shade 20 and the original blush, which seems more like a man's shaving brush than a woman's make-up brush, but they are all fine. Terracotta de Guerlain makes me look healthy and even skinned and it is non-drying, which is a big plus for me. However, I'd wish it had a brush of its own, because keeping an extra blush sanitary for use is a pain.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/21/2006 8:00:00 AM More reviews by lovely_rita

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I'm sad to report that this bronzer didn't work for me. I am pale, blue eyes, blonde hair. I bought it in the Blonde 01 shade. Even with the pink pigment in it this bronzer was still too orange for me. I looked a little like an oompa loompa after applying it :0). I did like that it wasn't too shimmery, and the packaging is beautiful, but it didn't give me a nice sun bronzed looked just orange.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2006 4:51:00 PM More reviews by allierichie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Best BRonzer out there! Looks SO natural and people always ask what make up I have on...I usually just put this bronzer on and nothing else! It is a bit pricey, but lasts a long long time!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2006 1:03:00 PM More reviews by eka8098

I have no idea what I did before discovering this bronzing powder. I've been using terracotta for nearly 6 months now, and could not live without it! Guerlain does an amazing range of terracotta shades. I have pale skin and light blonde hair, and use shades 10, 20, and terracotta light in the blondes shade. All shades look really natural on me! These compacts last absolutely ages and look gorgeous! The colour looks great and does not change during the day. The powder is also moisturising so you do not get those dry patchy bits on your skin. Wonderful!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2006 6:23:00 AM More reviews by CatLaloutre

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Overall a very good bronzer. I've been using this bronzer for a little while now (6 months) and it's one of the few bronzers that look natural on me and gives a really healthy golden glow.
I have rather pale skin (NC20-NC25) and most bronzers look either muddy or too orangey on me. I bought the Terracotta in the new shades 10 and 20.
The 20 is a little too orangey on me but the 10 is perfect: a soft apricot which infuses a light golden glow. I can see some tiny sparkles in the compact but once applied I cannot see them on my face.
This product did not break out my senstive acne-prone skin, did not clog pores and the compact seems to be lasting forever (after 6 months of daily use it's still almost new).
This product is scented but I do not mind as the scent fades quickly once applied.
I use this with a large fluffy powder brush after a thin application of Meteorites translucent powder.
Staying power is good (lasts all day) and the color does not change through the day.
I will certainly repurchase this compact when I run out.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2006 2:44:00 PM More reviews by Lenna0013

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Simply said, the best bronzer around. I used to wear Versace's bronzer, but I found it to be a bit worse than this one: Terracotta spreads more evenly and lasts FOREVER, since the texture is wonderful (you don't need alot of it). I have the same one I bought over a year ago, and I religiously use bronzer (not much tho) every day, during summer that's the only thing I use over my sunscreen. With a nice big brush this is great-looking on your face, it has almost invisible mica particles, and it looks like you just came from a good holiday. Very nice. I wear No3, I'm NC30, the shade is pretty dark, but doesn't look like that on your face at all, it's neither orangey neither red, really a nice deep tan colour.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2006 10:42:00 AM More reviews by gforce7

I've tried this in two shades, no.10 and no.20, both new ones designed for fair skin. No.10 looks really peachy/apricot, and No.20 looks orangey - both very unnatural looking! It also made my skin look oily, probably because it's a moisturising formualion, possibly designed for more mature skin. It's not so easy to apply either; seems to go on patchy and is difficult to blend and layer. The only good thing I can say about it is that the staying power is good. Extremely disappointing for such an expensive and vastly over-rated item.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2006 7:51:00 AM More reviews by HipGal2006

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have bought 2 shades of this bronzer, the lighter version for a more subtle look and a darker one for more intense colour. This bronzer looks natural, blends easily and makes my face glow.