October 23, 2014 | 1125 users online

Bronzers - Guerlain - Terracotta Bronzing powder

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2007 8:15:00 PM More reviews by maliastyle

Great bronzer! I don't usually have the best of luck with bronzers, as I find that with time, no matter how sparingly I use the stuff, I look orangey, and you can tell the difference between my face and neck. But on a good skin day, wearing nothing else but a nice moisturizer and Guerlain terracotta, I look healthy and radiant.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2007 8:16:00 AM More reviews by Hilarie86

Reminds me of something my grandma would wear. The smell is horible.. never understood the big thing around this product. Hate is.. only tried it once and gave it away. Booring matte finish.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2007 11:21:00 AM More reviews by superfaithy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My sister gave me a free sample of this. It is in a tiny little paper compact the size of a quarter. I love it and have used it daily for the past three months and am still using the sample. I just today for the first time I could see the metal under the powder. I will be buying this product for sure!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/15/2006 2:57:00 PM More reviews by Sissi

First of all, let me state that I am not a sun worshipper, nor a worshipper of the sun bronzed look for that matter. I embrace my light skin with fierceness.
So why I tried this escapes me, I was in the search of something to warm up my complexion and give some healthy color. Orange is not a healthy color, neither is brown.
I got this in Nš1 and it is perfection. Easy to apply and it looks so natural I cannot help but laughing at the new sunkissed me. A keeper.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/11/2006 11:50:00 AM More reviews by hounddog1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This was my first Bronzing powder, After that I tried many others like Revlon, Clinique, Clarins, Dior, Chanel, Lumene. I have dry/combination skin and I am always most dry on my cheek- area. I notice that other bronzers leave me patchy, they are too dry in consistency and wont stay on place long time and afer a while I have applied my makeup I would have some bronzer there and a white patch next to it because the bronzer has worn off. But not with Guerlain bronzer. This seems more moisturous in concistency. I bet there is some oil or silicone in it because it really stays on flawlessly and I never get those uneven patches with this. This is my Holy Grail. I wont go back to any other product. I am cool PPP I use 20 or 4.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2006 12:52:00 PM More reviews by veransia

Not sure I am in the right category - this review is for the Terracotta Moisturizing Bronzer 02. Wow, this bronzer is a dream. I have only had it for a couple of days but it is SO nice to put on! I sweep my brush over it once and that's enough for my cheeks. I do another sweep for my nose, chin and temples. Blend well and I'm DONE. This powder will last me a long, long time. I'm a brunette with light skin and olive undertones.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/24/2006 1:44:00 AM More reviews by slaing11

This bronzer went on nice and evenly but did not look flattering on me at all. I had the color in No. 2 (No. 10 and 20 had not come out yet) and No. 1 was way too light, so the make up artist recommended I get No. 2. It looked great when I had a tan, but other than that it didn't work. A good bronzer but make sure you get the right shade. One thing that was terrible though is that the hinge on my compact broke, so since then it has been held together by a rubber band. I know this is a packaging defect because the same thing happened to BOTH of my sisters and two of my friends, all with the terracotta bronzer. All in all, if you are fair, go with something else, if you are medium or darker, this bronzer is awesome.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2006 6:39:00 AM More reviews by mmhilla

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have this in #20 and it is the perfect shade for me. It is possible any of the negative reviews on the color looking orange is b/c they were not matched professionaly to thier correct color. (#10 was way to light and #30 to dark..etc.)This is a silky, fine, soft bronzer. I love how evenly it coats my skin. There is no glitter and no graininess. LOVE it will repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2006 5:31:00 AM More reviews by expat

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This isn't a horrible bronzer, but there are far better ones out there at a fraction of the cost. I am a GGG with quite tanned skin so I bought #3. While it isn't as orange as a lot of bronzers I've tried, it still looks a bit orangey and somewhat flat when I apply it. Nothing beats Body Shop Bronze Shimmer Waves for the gorgeous color, price, and application.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2006 7:10:00 AM More reviews by aysegulg

Here, in Turkey, I feel myself totally ripped off (maybe a more obscene word is better, but let's be polite) whenever I buy something from the department store make-up. They add extra extra high taxes on the products and for example, anything which costs 10-13 USD abroad is here sold for 30-40 USD. Nerve irritating, isn't it? However, equivalents of some high end products are hard to find in drugstores (they are incomparably expensive, too, for example buying a l'Oreal blush for 15 USD) and so I had to keep myself calm and go to a fancy store to get a terracotta. I've already tried l'Oreal, Maybelline and some cheap and so-so Turkish brand bronzers but they made me look dirty and blotchy. I bought shade 20 and the original blush, which seems more like a man's shaving brush than a woman's make-up brush, but they are all fine. Terracotta de Guerlain makes me look healthy and even skinned and it is non-drying, which is a big plus for me. However, I'd wish it had a brush of its own, because keeping an extra blush sanitary for use is a pain.