Revlon ColorStay Ultimate Liquid Lipstick (all colors)

3.0

Isododecane, Dimethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Polyethylene, Disteardimonium Hectorite, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Propylene Carbonate, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Methicone, Sorbic Acid. May Conatain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Iron Oixdes (Ci 77491, 77492, 77499), Red 7 Lake (Ci 15850), Red 6 Lake (Ci 15850), Yellow 5 Lake (Ci 19140), Red 33 Lake (Ci 17200), Yellow 6 (Ci 15985), Carmine (Ci 75470).

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Definitely not what I was expecting from revlon colorstay. normally, i love or at least can tolerate colorstay products and i applaud revlon for their great quality. this, however, is one of their most disappointing products. i love regular soft and smooth colorstay lipsticks, esp in fabulous fig, so i was dying to try this. when you first put it on, it's nice and light and shinny like a gloss, but then it begins to dry down and becomes matte and flat and boring. worst of all, it never really dries and remains tacky and flaky and cracks and just doesn't look good on its own. i have tried to salvage by making sure my lips are really moisturized, putting on a very thin layer, and putting a nice sticky gloss over it (one of the VS ones). for now, this looks moderately acceptable, but i have a feeling the lipstick may start to crack under the gloss. too bad. there's definitely better out there. revlon should have included a gloss or topcoat with this for sure.

I was very excited when I saw these at CVS for B1G1 free! Now I know why they're trying to get rid of them. They suck. I bought "Top Tomato" and "Iconic Iris". The Colors are great and go on nice and smooth. A few Minutes later however, they totally dried out my Lips and they they kind of stick together, it just feels so icky. I do think that the lighter Shades do look better than the darker ones, plus, the "Top Tomato" rubbed off on my Teeth! Will never buy again.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Love this! I have top tomato, perfect peony and stellar sunrise (a true coral)! It is opaque and lives up to the hype! For more info. refer to my review on this lipstick in TOP TOMATO!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I will probably never use this product. I honestly don't know what to do with it. It leaves my lips in horrible condition. It's pretty pricey too. The only positive I see about this product is that they have pretty colors. I have perfect peony and in the tube it's so pretty. I tried to dab it on my lips to see if it would work like a stain but it looks horrible that way too! Man, I hate this product. I think I will return it but I doubt CVS will take it back without a receipt. Gross. Revlon is so hit or miss. Lately it's really been deflating my wallet and disappointing me.
Edit: Ew. I really don't know what else to say. I'd rather rub tar on my lips. minus one lippy for taking up space in my makeup drawer.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I have a couple of tubes of this and while I really like the colors the texture leaves something to be desired. The product will stay on for a very long time, if you have the will power not to pick at it or bite your lips. It gets so...dry feeling? I guess I'm just aware that if I bite at it it will peel right off so I can't help myself from doing so.

I bought this product 2 days ago, and I really love it. It lasted over 12 hours, through breakfast, coffee break, lunch, dinner, and chicken wings at the end of the 12 hours took the product off. but it didn't budge for the whole work day. It would be an excellent product if you find your lipstick wears off after 2 hours normally (which is what I find). I liked the superb sangria colour - gonna go buy top tomato later today. Paid 11.50 for it on sale (from $15.50 from shoppers drug)... when you first put it on, it stays sticky for the first few hours. Apply carefully because once it dries, it really doesn't come off. My only complaint is that it tends to ball up in colour blobs towards the end of the day... and if you aren't careful when you first put it on, it sticks to your teeth (and doesn't come off easily)
***
update: after about a week of using this product, i have to say that the texture is not good. It doesn't ever fully dry and set, it stays about as sticky as a post it note all day long. And the worst thing is that it rubs off on your teeth, and stays gummy on your teeth all day, (or until you see yourself in a mirror, and realize it's been like that for the last 2 hours... :-(
I have to change my review to "no, will not repurchase".

I like simplicity- I prefer products that involve as few steps as possible, with as little packaging as possible. I don't like carrying around alot of stuff and it's also bad for the environment when it's time to throw it away!
so I was excited when I saw this-- I thought "no gloss to add on? I can ignore it for hours? just one tube to carry around? great!"
not great at all. it is like any other long lasting paint-on lip colors before you add the gloss. it dried like paint on my lips and I really wanted to put a balm on afterwards, which is entierly missing the point of this so-called "one step" lip color.

I will not buy this again.

I bought this last night in Top Tomato. I've been eying this for months now but I waited until I was able to visit the Revlon Closeout store because I didn't want to pay full price. It is beautiful -- a medium/deep neutral red with slighty cool red sparkles. It looked rich and saturated on my hand. Decided to splurge and bought it for $5.49 (one of the more expensive items at the Revlon Store). I tore it open this morning and applied. OMG! At first I thought, "This is really pretty. Sheerer than I anticipated, but a red d/s gloss I'd recommend to the boards." It was sticky like most of the two step 8-hour glosses but I though it would set in a minute. Well, eventually it dried, and dried and dried and dried. It dried to a very matte painful finish. Streaky on top of everything and, to add insult to injury, the shimmer was non-existent. If I looked at my lips upclose, I could see one or two sparkles. I can't remember if this is supposed to be matte. That I could deal with, but I was expecting sparkling red lips like Dorothy's ruby slippers. Instead, I got red, dried prune lips.

It didn't last long but at the same time, I couldn't get it off when I was eating. I'm not even sure that I will try any kind of top coat or gloss with it. It's not worth the effort. Too bad because it looks great in the ads and great in the tube and even great on my hand. It's just unwearable.

I was hoping this would be better than Revlon's Overtime lip colors, maybe a little more like a real gloss. Sad, it sucks just like Overtime did. Perfect Peony and Prized Peach were SO pretty and I chose Perfect Peony since I love pinks.

The container is compact and sturdy with a clear view of the color inside as well as a label on the clear bottom telling you the name, the doe-foot applicator isn't bad, either.

The "Lipcolor" is thin like a lip gloss, but the texture on the lips is really light and super-drying. Much like Overtime, it's painfully drying on my lips and can't be saved by balm... but this is supposed to have the balm included! Bad sign, not delivering on it's biggest promise of being a one-step long-lasting color.

Lasting power is NOT long! It's very drying and starts to peel on it's own. Not comfortable, not very usable. And the color is mostly the shine without any base color and not attractive.

Recommend you pass. CG's Outlast is not only better, but cheaper, and it packaging that is also a good and portable size.

ETA: I let it set for a year (forgot about it, really) and swatched it on my hand again. It would NOT budge for 14 hours on my hand... NO cleaner I tried helped remove it. On the lips, it lasted but dried my lips out and accentuated all the wrinkles and lines in my lips. Ew.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

Have to concur with Ouija,this stuff IS drying as all get out.I picked "Maximum Mocha" and while I was impressed with the shade I felt as though it was lacking something.It was-moisture! I'm only 37 but my lips looked as though I had been smoking 4 packs a day for 50 years.Not flattering.
The Colorstay lipsticks-the regular ones-are fabulous;I don't know as they LAST as long as the painted on version,but my lips stay supple.Come to think of it,the matte shades aren't as drying as the Ultimate...At any rate,if I'm going to go with a long wearing color I'll pick NYC or American Beauty (as a splurge.)

Recommended for Medium Skin