December 18, 2014 | 1771 users online

Lip Treatments - Palmer's - Cocoa Butter Stick

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2009 11:07:00 PM More reviews by urstandingonmytoes

Maybe I bought a bad one...because mine sucks. I bought it to keep in the car, but unless its kept at room temp it is HARD AS A ROCK. It takes forever to warm it up to a useable consistency and then once I get to that point, it lays down a layer of oil that never seems to penetrate my skin or my lips. Also, mine doesn't have any smell unless I put it against my nose to sniff it. I don't care much for the container either, it always falls out when I'm trying to use it. I thought I'd found a great multi-tasking product but it just didn't work for me. I would not repurchase, and I got it cheap (around $2).

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2009 9:41:00 PM More reviews by caroleeena

This stuff is AWESOME. I've got two of them: one for my lips, and one for everything else. I love that it has vitamin E, because it helped heal some scars I've got on my knees and elbows. It keeps my face from getting chapped from cold wind in the winter without breaking me out... and of course it's great to heal severely chapped lips. The smell is great, too!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/18/2009 10:30:00 PM More reviews by jaymunjal

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

- Creamy consistency; doesn't leave a greasy or waxy feeling on your lips after application.
- You get half an ounce for about 2 bucks
- Easy twist up packaging
- Cocoa butter-y fragrance
- Moisture immediately sinks into lips and doesn't just sit on top of your lips.
- Moistens even the dead skin on your lips, so that it's easier to scrub off.
- Moisture lasts on your lips for a decent amount of time

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2009 10:15:00 PM More reviews by busterbluth

This stuff is great!!! A great great lip balm and i even use it on my stomach stretch marks, AMAZING and sooo cheap! Buy it at walmart! Palmers is great stuff all around!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2009 7:37:00 PM More reviews by Princesa7

Luv it!!!!! I religously use this especially when my lips are feeling extra dry. I luv how it keeps my lips super soft=) I will always keep repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2008 1:32:00 PM More reviews by bellarosa

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is the best lip balm ever! I have used Kiehl's, which is great, but its so greasy and I think overated. I also found another use for this product - I use it at night as an undereye cream! I had tried all these different undereye creams and nothing could soothe the dry lines underneath my eyes. Just by chance, I figured why not try Palmer's Cocoa Butter Stick, and lo and behold, this product got rid of my dry lines. I would definitely repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2008 11:29:00 AM More reviews by dominicangirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I originally purchased the Palmers Cocoa Butter Lip Balm SPF 15 with no success as it irritated/burned my lips like crazy...so I saw the reviews for this cocoa butter stick and decided to try this one out instead.

First off, the tube is HUGE in comparison to the SPF 15 lip balm tube! This honestly looks like a chunky glue stick (it's .14g/.5oz). I personally don't find it a pain to carry around, it doesn't take up too much room. A complaint I have is that whilst the swivel stick works fine for pushing the stick up, when I try to wind it back down, it just doesn't move. I end up having to push it down with my lips! So packaging could be improved.

Another thing I love is the smell...it smells like the cream version of cocoa butter...so yummy! It's tasteless so doesn't leave a nasty chemical taste in your mouth like some lip products do.

The ingredients listed are: cocoa extract, mineral oil, microcrystalline wax, cocoa seed butter, tocopheryl acetate, fragrance, benzyl alcohol, carotene.

Mineral oil causes my skin to break out like crazy, so I try to avoid getting this balm over the outlining of my lips otherwise I get spots around them. Other than that, the ingredients haven't irritated my lips like the SPF 15 lipbalm did, so I'm quite happy with them. This also has the highest concentration of cocoa in it which is great - the SPF 15 lipbalm didn't have cocoa named until near the end of the list, and this cocoa butter stick has cocoa as the main ingredient.

This really does make my lips feel smooth and soft with no obvious shine, just a very subtle sheen that makes my lips look moisturised and juicy! I have full lips (think Angelina Jolie but less pouty!) and I don't find the stick to be too big for my lips - I love that I can do 1 swipe and have my entire lips covered if I choose to put it on that way. Very convineant, and you can also use it for dry rough skin. It's great for using before applying lipstick too.

I'd definately repurchase, HG lip balm!

UPDATE:- Added another lippy, I love this stuff! My lips have never felt so moisturised and soft. I love the way this makes them look...and it doesn't get all over the place and feel icky when you kiss your boyfriend or anything which is always a bonus ;)

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/13/2008 2:34:00 PM More reviews by tennis4life

Makes lips soooo soft. Yes it does look like a glue stick and people will probably tease you about that when they see you use it but it works. I have only used on my lips and it heals chapped lips wonderfully. I also slather it on my boyfriends lips with good results as well. You can use it on other parts of your body but I never have, I don't like to use stuff for my lips on my skin but that's just me; I'm sure if you did use it on your hands or something it would work well. Anyway, it smells chocolately which is a plus, similar to the lotion of this brand. I wish the tube was a little smaller for use on lips, but since this product is not exclusively for lips I can't complain about it. Palmers does make a lip balm with SPF 15 but I have never seen it or used it, and I think I'll stick with this because it works well. It's about $3.50 at CVS, and CVS and Walmart are the only two places that I have seen it, so try there if you want to get it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2008 11:22:00 PM More reviews by mochasplash

finally found something that can help in this cold canadian winter. i tried everything from emollients, oils, vaseline, blistex and so on. my sister gave this to me and within 24 hours i noticed a great difference in the condition on my lips. i hate that the turn up 'dial' is right below the pop off lid, but not a huge deal, especially not to take a lippie off. my sister said she got this in buffalo for less than a dollar. i have yet to see this in canada. will definitely buy when going to to u.s

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/11/2008 10:46:00 AM More reviews by Sue_raisin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm generally a lover of Palmers, I swear by their gradual self-tanner (which IMHO works better than dove, Johnson's St Tropez etc etc) and I love the Lip Butter. However this Cocoa Butter STICK is useless. It breaks so easily, and you can't 'fix' the stick like you can with other stick lipbalms, once it's snapped, that's it.
It's too hard to give any moisturising benefit, you can swipe it on but it doesn't feel particularly nice on, it's just too brittle. It doesn't have any smell and I'm sure if you only used it indoors and kept it at just about room temperature it would be very effective. But for me, it's already gone in the bin.