Clinique Even Better Makeup SPF 15

3.7

Octinoxate 6%, Zinc Oxide 3.5%, Titanium Dioxide 2.9% Water, Methyl Trimethicone, Phenyl Trimethicone, Dimethicone, Triethylhexanoin, Butylene Glycol, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Lauryl PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Octyldodecyl Neopentanoate, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Peel Extract, Betula Alba (Birch) Bark Extract, Citrus Jabara Peel Extract, Saccharomyces Lysate Extract, Trametes Versicolor Extract, Astrocaryum Murumuru Seed Butter, Sodium Mannose Phosphate, Glycerin, Sodium Myristoyl Sarcosinate, Methicone, Polyglyceryl-6 Polyricinoleate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethicone Crosspolymer-3, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate, Lecithin, Laureth-7, Tocopheryl Acetate, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Dimethicone/PEG-10/15 Crosspolymer, Alumina, Sodium Chloride, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Polyaminopropyl Biguanide. [ /- Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Mica, Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163)]

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I got this in a tax free shop, so it was stupid cheap. I haven't had the best of luck with Clinique in the past, but for €20 I'll give anything a go.

Anyway, I tried it and am sorry to say I found it just as boring as I do most Clinique products. It made me a bit shiny, covered everything (I do not want everything covered, I have this one amazing freckle that I show off), and was just a bit blah.

The packaging is great though, I wish my favourite foundation (a clarins one that I have reviewed here) would come in a tube like this.

Photographs well, doesn't look too heavy, won't make you look bright white in flash photography.

I feel like if you actually need all the coverage this provides, you probably have a few spots, or even acne, and the greasiness of this foundation will wreck your skin forever. Having dry skin, there is obviously no way I can state that as a fact, it's just a thought.

on 4/13/2013 4:57:00 PM

I've just started using this stuff as I've moved back to liquid foundations, I've switched from Rimmel's wake me up(drugstore brand) as wake me up is a touch too dark and doesn't last all day and I prefer high end make-up anyway.

To start, they have brought out some lighter shades of this now, which is good, I'm an exact match to shade 02 which I think is called fair. I'm now a redhead (previous reviews I was blonde) which is my natural colour, so I have the skin to match, if you can imagine just how pale that is!

I find this stuff feels really nice, the bottle is a squeezy bottle too, so hopefully there won't be much wasteage. You only need a tiny bit as it goes very far, it's quite thick too so I find that applying it with my fingers rather than a brush has a smoother effect.
I've been using this about a week now and have found that it doesn't last all day, it also seems to be clinging to/making worse, the dry patches around my nose and eyes, which is annoying. I don't know whether my application technique is affecting this or not?
I've found this only provides medium coverage as well although it seems to be a little bit buildable (if you have time to wait between applications for it to set). I find it certainly detracts from my (mild) redness, it does cover it well when it first goes on but that effect doesn't seem to last, however when it does slide off it doesn't seem to completely slide off and so does leave me with a little coverage throughout the day.
As a result of the drying and the coverage I have started mixing it with my moisturiser which seems to help a little. I have today tried setting it with Urban Decays setting spray as well so I'll see how that goes.
For reference I do use this after City block, Clinique's pore minimiser and redness reducing cleanser.
As for price, this isn't too bad, you get a small bottle for £23 which isn't as expensive as some foundations I've used in the past, nor indeed as much as some other clinique products (I'm looking at you redness reducing moisturiser!) and as stated you only need the tiniest amount.
I'm on the fence as to whether I'll purchase again, it's looking unlikely as I'm a little disappointed with the coverage and staying power, it definitely doesn't do anything like what the egg in the advert suggests. I want to like this product so I will keep trying out different application methods and other bases/setters to see what happens...Though I'm very impressed with the new shades and have never found such a good match to my "ginger skin" in any liquid foundation.

on 4/13/2013 12:24:00 PM

I´m surprised I liked this foundation so much. I had a sample in "05 neutral (MF)" and applied it with a brush. It gave my skin a nice, eventoned look, hid blemishes and redness very well so I needed less concealer - and it was even quite longwearing! In the evening, my skin still looked absolutely fine with it on. Might even think about buying the full size.

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

In love with this product. doesnt dry out my combo skin and it doesnt make my face look oily. and not to forget it even out my skintone even in a small amount of product. just wish it was cheaper...

on 4/6/2013 11:48:00 PM

This foundation has a beautiful look to it. It glides an blends in easily but having combo skin, it tended to breakdown after a few hours and by the end of the day it looked like I had no foundation on at all. Don't get me wrong, it is a lovely foundation but would have more staying power on more drier skin I would say.

on 4/3/2013 2:13:00 PM

This foundation hides acne scars well, I found it hard to blend at first, it's quite a thick foundation and evens out skin tone and corrects any blemishes. For these things I found it an excellent foundation, the only bad thing I can say about it is that it's quite thick and takes a while to blend but overall a really good foundation for people with acne scars, uneven skin tone and blemishes.

on 4/2/2013 6:38:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Hides acne scars very well, does not dry out the skin but also does not leave the skin oily. Colour matches my skin perfectly and gives it a slight glow without making it oily. I would definitely repurchase this foundation but a little does seem to go a long way so it'll be a while before I'll need to repurchase. 5/5 overall for the product as I can see no real problems with it, but wish it was cheaper and wish there was more of the product.

on 3/30/2013 12:33:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I adore the finish of this foundation; it's satin-like and even slightly dewy, and it makes my skin look so healthy. It's medium coverage, but it's easily buildable.The only problem I have with this foundation is that even in the lightest shade, its still too dark for my extremely light skin. I can get away with it with lots of blending, and I do find that after a little while of being on my face the colour appears less orangey, but still! I wish they made this foundation in shades that can work for girls like me.

on 3/28/2013 10:00:00 PM

I'm not a huge fan of liquid foundation but I have to say I was impressed with Even Better Makeup. What sold me is that it has SPF 15 in it and it somewhat tinted so i don't have to wear too powder on top of it. It hydrates my skin and has not caused any breakouts thus far (crossing fingers that it won't). Oil-free, non-comedogenic= i'm sold!

on 3/28/2013 8:31:00 PM

Unfortunately this foundation streaks a lot and doesn't look good on the skin after 2-3 hours