Clinique Even Better Makeup SPF 15

3.7

Octinoxate 6%, Zinc Oxide 3.5%, Titanium Dioxide 2.9% Water, Methyl Trimethicone, Phenyl Trimethicone, Dimethicone, Triethylhexanoin, Butylene Glycol, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Lauryl PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Octyldodecyl Neopentanoate, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Peel Extract, Betula Alba (Birch) Bark Extract, Citrus Jabara Peel Extract, Saccharomyces Lysate Extract, Trametes Versicolor Extract, Astrocaryum Murumuru Seed Butter, Sodium Mannose Phosphate, Glycerin, Sodium Myristoyl Sarcosinate, Methicone, Polyglyceryl-6 Polyricinoleate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethicone Crosspolymer-3, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate, Lecithin, Laureth-7, Tocopheryl Acetate, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Dimethicone/PEG-10/15 Crosspolymer, Alumina, Sodium Chloride, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Polyaminopropyl Biguanide. [ /- Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Mica, Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163)]

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

what i like about this makeup:

-love the packaging (fits perfectly in my makeup bag!)
-liquid texture
-covers redness
-did not cause irritation
-can wear underneath or without makeup

what i dislike about this makeup:
-is not fragrance free
-is not oil free
-does not last all day (3 hours or so)

on 5/20/2013 10:02:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Love this! I'm a freak about wearing foundation, I'm scared of face makeup and stick to a powder and bronzer only. I purchased this because I wanted a foundation for special occasions and going out. this is awesome! I apply with a kabuki brush all over my face, the coverage is amazing but it wears very natural and I get many compliments on my skin when I wear it, no one can even tell I have foundation on, it really evens my skin tone and makes me feel beautiful without feeling like I look like I'm trying too hard or caked with makeup, the colors are also very natural and not yellow, orange or pink, they are just right. Not greasy it doesn't even make my oily skin shine and almost everything does... Do yourself a favor! also perfect for the cool beaches in CA--FL, where I live is too hot for makeup at the beach. Good luck!

on 5/20/2013 9:05:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I also have mixed feelings about this product. I feel it is ultra sheer and does not stay on for a long time yet its not a bad foundation. It doesnt break me out or make me look cakey its just not as good as other high end foundations i ve tried.

on 5/20/2013 8:50:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Hmmm.. I have mixed emotions about this product. For the most part though, I DO Love it.

As an African American woman of darker skin complexion, it is extremely hard to find foundations that match our skin without a reddish tint to them after a while. The COLOR options for this foundation is absolutely perfect, I am between a NW45 and NW46 and the woman at the counter tried to match me with AMBER but I did some comparing and PECAN ended up being absolutely perfect for me. I have never had a foundation match my complexion to the "t" as this one does.

I have oily skin and she said this was good for me as long as I am not "super oily". My intent going in was to get the Stay Matte (my best friend uses it and loves it) but she introduced me to this. Being an oily girl, I hate anything that makes me look even a LITTLE oily.. I'm not into the "dewy" looks and this foundation will definitely give you that.

I use it with a MAC primer and set with Stay Matte sheer pressed powder in "Stay Brandy" (another perfect skin tone match)... but it stills give that dewy look, even after setting.

All in all, I will definitely continue to buy this product but find ways, techniques and powders that will keep me from being so dewy. Although it isn't a "greasy" look by a long shot, it's just a bit annoying for oily girls who are trying to avoid ANYTHING with that look. I want to call this my holy grail simply for the color alone, but I will definitely not be at that point until I find a way to mattify it a little more.

Photographs: WOW!!!!!!!!! This foundation photographs so well that it is unbelievable. I went to a friend's birthday and I am usually afraid to take so many pictures because the makeup I usually use (MAC) does not photograph well to me. Needless to say, after I saw the first picture I was jumping in everyone's shot! I will definitely not wear any other foundation when I am going out and will be photographed.

on 5/18/2013 7:44:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Well, what can I say? After god knows how many years of searching for the perfect foundation I feel I can safely say I've found it. The one.
It gives just enough coverage to make you look dewy and healthy without overdoing it, at all.
I do wear it with a primer and a powder and sure, it doesn't stay perfect all day but I'm working on finding new primers and powders to help with this, because I do really love the way this looks when I first apply it.
In all honesty, I'm pretty pasty skinned - all pale and dull and pretty uneven and I'm not a fan of the heavily made up look (somewhat surprisingly, seeing as I'm from South Wales!!) and this ticks a lot of boxes for me. I look fresh, even toned and healthy and it still has enough of that 'make-uppy' look to keep my inner welsh chick happy. However, it's subtle enough that even my nan likes it!
It's not cheap but it's definitely not extortionate either and I find that a bottle, small though it is can last 5 months comfortably,

on 5/13/2013 12:23:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love it because it gives you a natural finish, a little shiny, but its like a good glow, if you use a powder its ok, I use it with a powder because I have like combination skin. It lasts like 7 hours I think... I've been using this one like from one year ago and it helps for little darkspots, it's not a miracle product, but you pay for what you get. I guess if you're looking for a natural look with SPF and a little sexy glow, this one is for you. I have a few pimples before I bought this one, but this makeup doesn't produce me acne.

on 4/26/2013 7:51:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have very oily skin, and find this quite matte. It can emphasize any dry skin. I mix it with a bit of primer and look airbrushed. Wonderful!

on 4/25/2013 3:01:00 PM

For some reason all Clinique products smell after I have them on my face for 2 or 3 hours. This foundation made my pores fill with oil and broke down like nothing I have ever seen before. Udder Crap. Only looks good for a max of 3 hours not worth the money. I plan to return this along with the bb cream. So bummed really wanted a great foundation so the search continues.

on 4/23/2013 3:13:00 PM

I've been using this products for years. I have young, fair skin and this foundation is perfect for it. It's kind to the skin - prevents me from breaking out. It gives me the right amount of coverage (it's sheer to medium coverage but you can layer it up to build coverage). The title 'even better' is so true! Over the time i've been using it, it really has evened out my skin - little scars and blemish marks have minimised! However, if i dont powder, my oily zone can become shiny throughout the day, and it can't last as well as other foundations i've used. Overall, this is a great product and i recommend it to anyone who has dry or normal skin as it leaves a great glow to the skin.

on 4/17/2013 5:58:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

UPDATE 28TH JULY 2013 changing from 5 lippy to 2...
im sooo sooo sooooo very sad to say that this broke me out badly...
so ive been using this for 5 days in a week, ive never gone out with foundation day by day like that. so thats probably why i never really noticed it.
anyways my 6th day, i noticed bumps all over my face so i thought of possible causes, this or my concealer. although if it was my concelaer (used as highlighter), it shudnt given me breakouts toareas i didnt apply it. so i gave a second thought by not using the foundation but only the concealer for the next week. and my breakouts was clearing out (with help of skincare of course) and i have concluded that the breakouts were caused by the foundation. SUCKS
i still give 2 for the coverage and everything i said before but if it ddnt break me out, if wouldve still been on my shelf :(

UPDATE 22ND MAY 2013
dry skin girls DO NOT get this, im a normal/combo slightly dry on my right cheek (whch is extremely annoying), and it showed the dry patches on my dried up post acne.
if you are dry and love this coverage, make sure you moisturize your skin. but i wouldnt recommend you this if youre dry. although if you are normal/oily, you would love this :)
it is sheer/kinda medium, dries up VERY quickly and it doesnt feel like youre wearing anythng on your face :)

First impression.
I love it. I have normal/combi skin and i never use moisturizer. So i just put toner and then straight to this. I sheer this out by using stippling brush since i dont need full coverage.
What i love is that theres no scent at all, no shine after, stays pretty long without making my face oily or dry, it just stays smooth. This is buildable up to med coverage. So if ure a sheer/med cover kinda girl, this is definitely for you to try :)