October 24, 2014 | 1696 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Super Lustrous Matte - Really Red

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2011 5:19:00 PM More reviews by karesmile

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This. Is. Amazing. There isn't a ghastly perfume smell or taste (like L'oreal), and it stays put for a bit. When it does fade, it's actually quite pretty and natural so I only touch up a few times a day.

I wear it both day and night as it's the PERFECT shade. It's sophisticated. I've made my two best friends try it and it looks amazing on them as well! I am a pale cool/pink undertone toned girl, friend one is an olive complexion and friend two is a deep chocolate gal.

It is a matte lipstick, so it acts like one. I always put a thick layer of chapstick on before I start my makeup, and then VERY LAST I gently rub my lips together to absorb the chapstick and then apply my clear liner (urban decay) and then Revlon Really Red Matte lipstick. After a minute of setting it's perfect. It doesn't budge and it doesn't feel stiff. If you REALLY want to, you can apply a light layer of lip gloss, but it WILL lessen the staying power of the color.

If you're looking for the perfect red lipstick to achieve that vintage look, or just because you want to rock a red pout, this is the best one out there. (PS- I get mine for $4.95 at Walmart!)

Side tip: if I feel like my lips are ever a little dry I gently brush them with my toothbrush after brushing my teeth at night and then apply Vaseline. It sounds weird, but it works great in winter! (my husband hates it though LoL!)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2011 9:12:00 PM More reviews by BrandyAlexander21

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have been using MUFE Aqua Cream in #8 for a nice matte red lip color until I wanted a lipstick instead of a pot. After finding such great reviews for this Revlon Really Red I looked for it several times in Walmart, Target, drug stores, and could not find it. Finally at Ulta I found a tube. I really love the color of this lipstick it is a true glam red without any shine or wetness. It stays on even after I shower and will probably need a swipe or two of good make up remover!

The tube is alright, it clicks shut which lets you know it won't open until you want it to. But the design is kind of boring and the clear plastic window on top is also cheap looking. But, no one will see the tube, instead only my gorgeous red pouty lips!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2011 4:04:00 PM More reviews by siobhan9705

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Works great, nice colour, very matte.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2011 1:49:00 PM More reviews by izzybella

This is without a doubt my favorite red lipstick right now! I've tried countless MAC, NARS, Chanel, Lipstick Queen, NYC, etc. reds and this is my favorite of them all. It's not as cool as some blue-based reds or even those alleged "true" reds. Compared to my former favorite, NARS Jungle Red, Really Red is more pigmented and warmer, almost with a pinch of brick in it. It definitely suits my warm/yellow coloring better than Jungle Red, which was a tad too pink.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/29/2011 3:59:00 PM More reviews by xBl0cPartyx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

The colour is a lovely bright matte red which I love. Not a fan of shiny lips on me. It is very pigmented so when I'm feeling a little shy I just dab it on and rub my lips together which I like because it's not overly obvious. I apply just a small amount of lip balm underneath it and then dab the colour on so it's not too drying. I wanted Ruby Woo but heard this was a really good dupe so I got it. I was a bit skeptical because it looked dark in the tube but it applies lighter. It has pretty good staying power and I don't find myself reapplying much unlike MAC lustres! It's not that dry surprisingly and applies really well and smoothly.

As for the packaging, I wish it was more like the Colorburst lipsticks because the tube just looks so much better.Oh and the lid has a little clear window in the top of the tube so you can easily see the shade through it. So that's helpful but for me, it makes it look cheap.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2011 12:37:00 AM More reviews by sugamonkey

Beautiful true red lippie. Even though it's matte, it's not drying if you put lip balm on first. I have lt-med Asian skin with yellow undertones. Really Red makes my teeth look whiter and gives the pin-up girl look tho sometimes the red is a bit too bright. I use a slightly deeper red liner to outline my lips because Really Red is a bit bright by itself. great staying power too.
EDIT: Viva Glam I is what I wanted Really Red to be-a smidge deeper red that suits my yellow undertones better and gives the perfect Pin-up girl lips!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2011 7:27:00 PM More reviews by ashleybaybay

Love it! I've always wanted to try a red lipstick...and although I can't wear this on its own because it is SO pigmented and bright red, I love wearing it as a stain. I'll first apply it like I would any other lipstick, swiping it across a good number of times...then blot until I get the desired stain effect. BEAUTIFUL...I love it. Such a bright, summer flush to the lips!
The packaging is simple and sophisticated, and I love that it has no smell/taste (unlike the colorburst lipsticks!).
The pigmentation and overall quality is superb! And all I had to pay was 5.99~what a steal!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2011 4:31:00 PM More reviews by Elif44

Most people like myself are quite reluctant to wear bold colours like red however Really red has a cool red tone to it thatís not too much in your face and suitable for most skin tones. It goes on quite thick however it can be a bit drying so make sure you moisturise your lips really well before applying this.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2011 7:56:00 PM More reviews by everygirllovesmakeup

this lipstick is my perfect red lipstick! =) i am NC40 and this just looks glamorous on my lips :) its not flaky on the lips, its moisturizing, its a coral red shade that i think suits every skintone and i would definitely buy this again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2011 12:09:00 AM More reviews by Menolikepolos

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

This lipstick pulls very warm red on me : ( Not as flattering as pink reds or a cool blue red. The pigmentation is wonderful, the formula is creamy fading to matte as it dries on your lips. Decently moisturizing, or at least it doesn't dry out your lips. This will be a great product for people who can pull of neutral/warm toned reds.