November 23, 2014 | 1969 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Matte lipstick in Mauve It Over [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2010 10:43:00 PM More reviews by RitaPerfect

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

This is definitely my new go-to lipstick! I was afraid that the matte finish would make my lips look dry and unnatural, but this is not the case at all! It just makes the color a lot more subdued and understated, which is why I like pairing this with charcoal eyeliner (lightly smudged). It's a simpler take on the classic "smokey eyes and toned-down lips" that you would wear for a party, but it's much more wearable for the daytime, especially since "Mauve It Over" is a warm MLBB pink instead of a super pale milky-pink. I am in love with the smooth and creamy texture of this lipstick! It's so moisturizing. I think I would rather buy a matte lipstick that I can top with a lipgloss to add shine than get a glossy lipstick that cannot be used for professional events. To me, lipstick and lip gloss should be two separate things!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/26/2010 12:58:00 PM More reviews by Dow

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a warm toned lipstick, something between pink and brown, an everyday color that will suit only warm toned complexions. Most of the lipsticks in Revlon's matte line are warm toned.
    Formulation is ok, not entirely matte, a bit more creamy. Goes on smoothly and has an ok staying power. Doesn't have a particular smell.
    Packaging is nice, a bit robust.
    Costs about 10, not cheap and not expensive either.
    I wasn't really impressed, it's an ok product but not something i would buy again or consider it a permanent item in my makeup bag.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/26/2010 12:18:00 PM More reviews by joeyanna

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

My complexion is lighter in tone (MAC NC 25-30) with warm undertones. I really like Revlon's Matte lipsticks in general, but this shade doesn't do anything for me. Lipstick is actually a great way to brighten up your complexion and make you look more alive, especially if your lips are a dull color like mine. But Mauve It over sort of darkened and dulled me even more when I put it on. I think it looks better on people with more blue undertones or people who are more tan. It may even look better if you are using brown blush and contouring on your face.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2010 11:40:00 AM More reviews by buitrang88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

It's my best matte lipstick I've ever used. It's really "my lips but better", very natural. I tried some lipsticks from some brands but I didn't found the one I really liked until now: perfect pink nude lipstick o my lips and not chalky. I'll buy it again

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2010 8:53:00 PM More reviews by clixe

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Violet

This color looks perfect on my lips; it looks very natural. The texture isn't chalky, it's actually a little creamy. This is one of my favourites. It lasts a long time and I will repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/9/2010 8:40:00 PM More reviews by Lonz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

Love this colour. Incidentally, in case anybody was wondering, it is a very good dupe for MAC 'Kinda Sexy'. Same matte finish, except this one is a little creamier and feels more comfortable. The unfortunate trade-off for that comfort is that it doesn't wear as well as the MAC mattes. Still, if you don't want to splurge on MAC's gorgeous nude, this one is a really good alternative. :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/9/2010 7:46:00 PM More reviews by miahesterly

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

At first I thought this was amazing, but then I realised that it made my NC40/42 skin look grey and made me look washed out, and the colour itself had orange undertones. A shame, because the texture was quite good, it lasted a fair time, and the price was inexpensive.

EDIT: OK, I take it back. I changed foundations and also got a bit of a tan, and this looks much better now. It now comes up as a warm light-medium pink nude on me. The formulation isn't as good as high-end brands, in that it doesn't last as long, but it's the best budget lipstick I've ever found.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2010 8:42:00 PM More reviews by sweetcuppincakes

BEST MLBB! It looks sophisticated and could easily be casual or worn for a night out. I'm half-asian NW25, but it'd probably look good on anyone.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2010 10:10:00 AM More reviews by TheBexExpress

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I actually really really like this, it's pretty much my-lips-but-better. Probably the closest I've come to that. And I do like the formula- I've never found it streaky, even if it's more drying than MAC, and I find they layer up really easily. I WILL be buying this one again, as I've not only almost worn it down to a stump but also squished it up against the top of the packaging (something that seems to keep happening to my Revlon Mattes, might be a packaging thing somehow!)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/31/2010 1:23:00 AM More reviews by Amsi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to love this product, but it didn't work out for me.

I like MAC's matte and satin finish lipsticks and was hoping that this formula would compare in terms of pigmentation. I have tan skin and this color is just about as nude as I can go (it probably isn't "nude" if you have lighter skin than me). I was expecting a creamier formula, but found that this applied a bit streaky on my lips, and I have to blend it in with my finger to ensure an even application. I wouldn't say this is a sheer lipstick, but it isn't totally opaque, either. My deep lip color still shows through, which doesn't look good when the lipstick starts to fade. It doesn't last long on the lip, either.

Maybe my expectations were too high for this product, but I was unfortunately not impressed with the color and formula.

I want to give this a 2.5, but I'll round up to a 3 since the color would probably work better for me if I had a lighter complexion.