August 1, 2014 | 1234 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Matte lipstick in Mauve It Over

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2010 8:53:00 PM More reviews by clixe

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Violet

This color looks perfect on my lips; it looks very natural. The texture isn't chalky, it's actually a little creamy. This is one of my favourites. It lasts a long time and I will repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/9/2010 8:40:00 PM More reviews by Lonz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

Love this colour. Incidentally, in case anybody was wondering, it is a very good dupe for MAC 'Kinda Sexy'. Same matte finish, except this one is a little creamier and feels more comfortable. The unfortunate trade-off for that comfort is that it doesn't wear as well as the MAC mattes. Still, if you don't want to splurge on MAC's gorgeous nude, this one is a really good alternative. :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/9/2010 7:46:00 PM More reviews by miahesterly

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

At first I thought this was amazing, but then I realised that it made my NC40/42 skin look grey and made me look washed out, and the colour itself had orange undertones. A shame, because the texture was quite good, it lasted a fair time, and the price was inexpensive.

EDIT: OK, I take it back. I changed foundations and also got a bit of a tan, and this looks much better now. It now comes up as a warm light-medium pink nude on me. The formulation isn't as good as high-end brands, in that it doesn't last as long, but it's the best budget lipstick I've ever found.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2010 8:42:00 PM More reviews by sweetcuppincakes

BEST MLBB! It looks sophisticated and could easily be casual or worn for a night out. I'm half-asian NW25, but it'd probably look good on anyone.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2010 10:10:00 AM More reviews by TheBexExpress

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I actually really really like this, it's pretty much my-lips-but-better. Probably the closest I've come to that. And I do like the formula- I've never found it streaky, even if it's more drying than MAC, and I find they layer up really easily. I WILL be buying this one again, as I've not only almost worn it down to a stump but also squished it up against the top of the packaging (something that seems to keep happening to my Revlon Mattes, might be a packaging thing somehow!)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/31/2010 1:23:00 AM More reviews by Amsi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to love this product, but it didn't work out for me.

I like MAC's matte and satin finish lipsticks and was hoping that this formula would compare in terms of pigmentation. I have tan skin and this color is just about as nude as I can go (it probably isn't "nude" if you have lighter skin than me). I was expecting a creamier formula, but found that this applied a bit streaky on my lips, and I have to blend it in with my finger to ensure an even application. I wouldn't say this is a sheer lipstick, but it isn't totally opaque, either. My deep lip color still shows through, which doesn't look good when the lipstick starts to fade. It doesn't last long on the lip, either.

Maybe my expectations were too high for this product, but I was unfortunately not impressed with the color and formula.

I want to give this a 2.5, but I'll round up to a 3 since the color would probably work better for me if I had a lighter complexion.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/29/2010 9:52:00 AM More reviews by pinkrose838

I love the idea of the matte line from Revlon, but this just didn't cut it for me. As a swatch, it looks like a pretty pinky mauve. On my lips, its a horrible orangy pink. It's also extremely cakey, something even a gloss can't cover up. Would definitely not recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2010 8:58:00 PM More reviews by Asheema

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I cant say it was love at first sight.I bought it for the color but I hated the formula .Now I understand matte lipstick tend to be on drying side,but it was too much.So it just sat in my drawer for a long time up till recently.I accidentally picked it up while playing with my makeup .These days we have hot weather and I guess it has something to do with that.Its applies beautifully and the color is awesome on NC 35-NC40 skin.Pick it up.You will love it

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2010 2:01:00 AM More reviews by gate403

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I can't speak for other shades, but I know for sure this is an amazing MLBB nude lip for NC35 NC37 NC40 with pigmented-ish lips. Looks gorgeous on south asians. If you are too dark to pull off the nude lippies that work on pale women, this is for you!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/14/2010 9:08:00 PM More reviews by taradrienne

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This lipstick color matched my lips perfectly. They actually make my lips look flawless, and like I'm not wearing any lipstick. [: This is probably the most wearable color in the Revlon Matte collection, so if you're stuck choosing colors, go with this one!