April 19, 2014 | 1086 users online

Lip Treatments - The Body Shop - Born Lippy Lip Balm

rated 3 of 5 on 4/2/2008 10:31:00 PM More reviews by Primmadonna

Hmm. There's better out there. This kept my lips shiny and i guess maybe fuller too. But it was sticky and didn't last long. However, the packaging was cute, though i like tubes better. They don't test on animals which is a bonus for me but not enough to convince me to buy this again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2008 8:23:00 AM More reviews by kathhh

I received this as a birthday present.

The reason why I said i wouldn't repurchase is because i prefer glosses/balms in tubes... this balm is particularly sticky so in order to get it off, you have to wipe your finger on something - troublesome!

I got the strawberry one - which smells fab. like others have mentioned, it has very little staying power. Note: use your balm up as quickly as possible, because the older it gets, the waxier it feels.

I noticed that after it left my lips, my lips were... and i know this sounds horrible... but peeling? I'm not sure if this is normal after a moisturising balm. But after the skin peels off, your lips are very soft.

Packaging: simple and hardy.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/30/2008 10:21:00 AM More reviews by anyssalovesbuuny

I absolutely LOVE the smells in these born lippies however they do no last at all I would say five mins. tops!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/23/2008 12:33:00 PM More reviews by Candy_Floss

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have mixed feeling about this product because I have two of them and they are completely different!

Watermelon: not moisturizing, does not shield lips again sun/wind/cold and after an hours of wearing this white line on the lips appears-yuck! Smells nice though, but overall thumbs down.

Satsuma: shimmers nicely, lovely citrusy smell. not too moisturizing but much better than previous one. I use it when going to the gym :D no white line on lips - good.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/15/2008 1:18:00 AM More reviews by jennyyy

I bought this awhile ago and didn't really like it. It felt really thick and funny on my lips. Also, I think it accentuated some of the dry spots on my lips. It's okay if you're in a bunch and don't have anything else.. I guess. IMO, I prefer something more moisturizing.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/10/2008 11:06:00 AM More reviews by caroline_a

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This stuff isn't really that good. It smells good, but goes on really thickly and doesn't have any moisturizing qualities.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/29/2008 7:26:00 AM More reviews by mayanii

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

I must say, I'm a bit mixed for this one. I love mint and I have this in mint so it's a winner, right? Well, not really. While I like the fact that it tingles when I apply it, I have to agree with those that say that it dries the lips. It's as if the lip balm seeped into my lips and left it dry. Maybe good for a mock lip gloss but not good enough for a lip balm. My LipIce does a better job.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/16/2008 1:49:00 AM More reviews by krsmom

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought the cool mint and instantly smelled like I had put vics vapor rub on my lips. Too bad I didn't, I think it would have moistened my lips at least. This left my lips very dry. Horrible product.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2008 4:20:00 PM More reviews by fqari84

i had one of these (orange, which has been discontinued after the satsuma one came out)...the smell, taste, texture was divine and absolutely yummylicious...left a slight glossy tint on my lips like i've been sucking on an orange popsicle...unfortunately even with it's thick jelly like texture, it does nothing to moisturise my lips, and actually ended up drying them in less than an hour after applying it on!! too bad..tsk tsk...i was addicted to applying it and was constantly dabbing it on every couple of hours just to get a whiff and have the yummy glossy balm coat my eager lips...ended up bad for my lips in the long run...plus it's not that cheap...will not repurchase (although I still always get this urge to dab on some born lippy testers when visiting the body shop). nivea or lip ice does a much job at a much cheaper price, they have spf too and and also come with a few fruity flavors.
i should be giving it 2 lippies, but i really was addicted to the juicy taste and smell of it...sigh

rated 3 of 5 on 1/24/2008 5:31:00 AM More reviews by midnight_plue

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Black

pretty colours.smells nice and sweet.

that's about all. don't have lasting power. dun work well as lip balm as it doesn't moisturize enough.

although cheap, but i think i can get better lippie than this.