October 1, 2014 | 1692 users online

Lip Treatments - The Body Shop - Born Lippy Lip Balm

rated 3 of 5 on 5/18/2008 7:20:00 AM More reviews by Tinxabelle

Love the smells, hate the fact that it doesnt moisturise. At all.
It also doesnt last long, which is annoying because I swear, I have an obsession with having lip balms/glosses on.
Wouldnt repurchase. I'll stick with my simple nivea lip balms.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2008 2:18:00 AM More reviews by jeantanpk

I receive a few of these as part of the Body Shop pre-packed Christmas Gift. I have flavours like passion fruit, mint, some form of mandarin orange... Apart from the sweet fragrance, it is not effective to keep my lips moist (only oily) or helps in healing. Quite scary too the strong scent

rated 3 of 5 on 4/8/2008 6:23:00 AM More reviews by MissTash

I really love the smell of this lip balm (strawberry) but it doesn't moisturise my lips at all. In fact the texture goes all weird after it's been on my lips for about 15 minutes and I usually wipe it off... I won't buy this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/3/2008 5:24:00 PM More reviews by JMIC

This was a pretty good lip gloss that looked natural, but it didn't do much for moisturizing. I like the smell (mango) but would rather have a moisturizing balm and then a different lip gloss with a bit more colour.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/2/2008 10:31:00 PM More reviews by Primmadonna

Hmm. There's better out there. This kept my lips shiny and i guess maybe fuller too. But it was sticky and didn't last long. However, the packaging was cute, though i like tubes better. They don't test on animals which is a bonus for me but not enough to convince me to buy this again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2008 8:23:00 AM More reviews by kathhh

I received this as a birthday present.

The reason why I said i wouldn't repurchase is because i prefer glosses/balms in tubes... this balm is particularly sticky so in order to get it off, you have to wipe your finger on something - troublesome!

I got the strawberry one - which smells fab. like others have mentioned, it has very little staying power. Note: use your balm up as quickly as possible, because the older it gets, the waxier it feels.

I noticed that after it left my lips, my lips were... and i know this sounds horrible... but peeling? I'm not sure if this is normal after a moisturising balm. But after the skin peels off, your lips are very soft.

Packaging: simple and hardy.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/30/2008 10:21:00 AM More reviews by anyssalovesbuuny

I absolutely LOVE the smells in these born lippies however they do no last at all I would say five mins. tops!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/23/2008 12:33:00 PM More reviews by Candy_Floss

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have mixed feeling about this product because I have two of them and they are completely different!

Watermelon: not moisturizing, does not shield lips again sun/wind/cold and after an hours of wearing this white line on the lips appears-yuck! Smells nice though, but overall thumbs down.

Satsuma: shimmers nicely, lovely citrusy smell. not too moisturizing but much better than previous one. I use it when going to the gym :D no white line on lips - good.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/15/2008 1:18:00 AM More reviews by jennyyy

I bought this awhile ago and didn't really like it. It felt really thick and funny on my lips. Also, I think it accentuated some of the dry spots on my lips. It's okay if you're in a bunch and don't have anything else.. I guess. IMO, I prefer something more moisturizing.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/10/2008 11:06:00 AM More reviews by caroline_a

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This stuff isn't really that good. It smells good, but goes on really thickly and doesn't have any moisturizing qualities.