The Body Shop Born Lippy Lip Balm

3.2

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

i grabbed this on a whim and it happened to be watermelon. oh hell no the body shop is so sh*tting me lol! it didnt moisturize at all and was nastyazz waxy and tasted f*ckless lol

on 6/4/2008 11:41:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

According to the packaging it's a lip balm, but I'd have to agree with other reviewers because it simply doesn't moisturize my lips at all. I prefer Vaseline for this, but Born Lippy has nice smell and not too glossy (I normally hate lip gloss), so I use this as a moderate looking lip gloss. I wonder if guys like kissing Born Lippy flavoured lips? hehe

on 5/18/2008 7:20:00 AM

Love the smells, hate the fact that it doesnt moisturise. At all.
It also doesnt last long, which is annoying because I swear, I have an obsession with having lip balms/glosses on.
Wouldnt repurchase. I'll stick with my simple nivea lip balms.

on 4/10/2008 2:18:00 AM

I receive a few of these as part of the Body Shop pre-packed Christmas Gift. I have flavours like passion fruit, mint, some form of mandarin orange... Apart from the sweet fragrance, it is not effective to keep my lips moist (only oily) or helps in healing. Quite scary too the strong scent

on 4/8/2008 6:23:00 AM

I really love the smell of this lip balm (strawberry) but it doesn't moisturise my lips at all. In fact the texture goes all weird after it's been on my lips for about 15 minutes and I usually wipe it off... I won't buy this again.

on 4/3/2008 5:24:00 PM

This was a pretty good lip gloss that looked natural, but it didn't do much for moisturizing. I like the smell (mango) but would rather have a moisturizing balm and then a different lip gloss with a bit more colour.

on 4/2/2008 10:31:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hmm. There's better out there. This kept my lips shiny and i guess maybe fuller too. But it was sticky and didn't last long. However, the packaging was cute, though i like tubes better. They don't test on animals which is a bonus for me but not enough to convince me to buy this again.

on 4/2/2008 8:23:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I received this as a birthday present.

The reason why I said i wouldn't repurchase is because i prefer glosses/balms in tubes... this balm is particularly sticky so in order to get it off, you have to wipe your finger on something - troublesome!

I got the strawberry one - which smells fab. like others have mentioned, it has very little staying power. Note: use your balm up as quickly as possible, because the older it gets, the waxier it feels.

I noticed that after it left my lips, my lips were... and i know this sounds horrible... but peeling? I'm not sure if this is normal after a moisturising balm. But after the skin peels off, your lips are very soft.

Packaging: simple and hardy.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I absolutely LOVE the smells in these born lippies however they do no last at all I would say five mins. tops!

on 3/23/2008 12:33:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I have mixed feeling about this product because I have two of them and they are completely different!

Watermelon: not moisturizing, does not shield lips again sun/wind/cold and after an hours of wearing this white line on the lips appears-yuck! Smells nice though, but overall thumbs down.

Satsuma: shimmers nicely, lovely citrusy smell. not too moisturizing but much better than previous one. I use it when going to the gym :D no white line on lips - good.

Popular Lip Treatments