Maybelline Lash Stiletto

3.2

Water (Aqua), Paraffin, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Cera Alba (Beeswax), Cera Carnauba (Carnauba Wax), Acacia Senegal, Gum, Acrylates Copolymer, Glycerin, Cetyl Alcohol, Hydroxyethylcellulose, PEG/PPG 17/18 Dimethicone, Steareth 20, Phenethyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Hydrolyzed Corn Starch, Sodium Polymethacrylate, Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil, Hydrogenated Palm Oil, Simethicone, Rayon, Disodium EDTA, Silica, Panthenol, Hydrolyzed Silk, May Contain ( /-): CI 77499, CI 77491, CI 77492 (Iron Oxides), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), Mica, CI 75470 (Carmine), CI 77288 (Chromium Oxide Greens), CI 77289 (Chromium Hydroxide Green), Titanium Dioxide, CI 77742 (Manganese Violet), CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 77510 (Ferric Ferrocyanide).

on 6/29/2012 9:14:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I am not a big fan of most Maybelline products, however, I do love their mascaras. I picked this up on clearance for $3 and was told it was being discontinued/
My lashes are long to begin with but are very straight and almost blonde. This made my lashes longer. The size of the brush made it easy to maneuver the product on to my lashes. It is easy to apply and wasn't too goopey or too dry. It reminds me of Lancome Definicils, except this performs a lot better for less $.
At the end of the day (some 15 hours after I applied my makeup) this mascara hadn't flaked or caused black marks under my eyes. As far as volume, it didn't give much...it is a lengthening mascara. I did apply coat of volumizing mascara (Diorshow) over top of this as I wanted thicker looking lashes which this product alone didn't give me.
It's an average mascara with ok results. I probably wouldn't buy this again only because it wasn't volumizing enough and I had to apply 2-3 coats to see any noticeable definition.
EDIT: I use this now as a lash lengthener or booster over top of all my mascaras.

on 6/12/2012 5:24:00 PM

This mascara was very disappointing. It does make my lashes a bit longer, but it pokes my eyes so much and flakes a lot... I wouldn't really recommend this to someone!

on 6/6/2012 6:57:00 AM

Its just an okay drugstore mascara. Its the mascara that you've been looking for if you need length but the problem with this mascara is it lacks volume. It defines your tired looking eyes, of course its a mascara! :)

on 5/28/2012 3:20:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

OK, so it's not the BEST mascara on the market, but here's why I use it ( all the time):

I have 65 year old hooded eyes. My lashes are long, but thin. Most regular mascaras wind up transfering to my brow bone. I hate wearing waterproof mascara, because it's a mother to remove. Enter Lash Stiletto. It is not a volumizing mascara, however, I have read many anti-aging beauty articles that tell older gals to stay away from that type of mascara because it weighs down lashes making hooded eyes look tired. This mascara's strong suit, in my opinion, is that it dries fast and doesn't smudge. First and only non-waterproof mascara to do this for me. It provides color and some lenghth, to boot..good enough for me.

Yuck! This mascara is clumpy, doesn't last, flakes off, and oh, did I mention clumpy? Yeah. It's awful. And it never really dries all the way which is SO ANNOYING. Do not buy it. Yuck.

on 5/14/2012 11:10:00 AM

I CAN'T believe this has such low ratings. This is one of the best mascaras I've bought in years. I've tried about everything from Maybelline Volum' Express, Revlon Grow Luscious, Maybelline XXL, Covergirl LashBlast and Rimmel. I have thick, short-ish eyelashes and this lengthens and separates each one. It dries fast too so I can apply 2 or 3 coats without having to worry about it smudging. I like the wand too, it's very bristly and stays goop-free, like it doesn't let too much mascara get on the wand. Will definitely re-purchase, I LOVE it!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Not the worst mascara I have ever used, but not the greatest. It lengthens well, the brush is long for easy application, affordable, doesn't clump, no flaking, and the packaging is cool. But it does nothing for volume, doesn't really thicken, and has an odd smell :p I recommend this for people with shorter lashes though, not for long or average lashes.

on 5/8/2012 4:39:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

This is an average lengthening and defining mascara and it's not amazing. It lengthens lashes slightly, but I've used better. Doesn't do much to volumnize, either. The brush is difficult to use. I'm not sure what the point was to design the brush in the wavy line, but I find it difficult to use. I'll use the rest of the tube, but won't repurchase.

I bought this mascara to try maybe 2 years ago. I liked the way it defines and holds the lashes, it is great. Unfortunately, I have sensitive eyes, and my eyes didn't like it, I got red, itchy eyes every time I wore it, but that's just me. I definitely do recommend it for its hold and your lashes look so long and pretty with it.

on 5/1/2012 3:58:00 PM

Ugh, do not want. This just flat out did not work for me! It made my lashes stick together and added absolutely no body or volume. It did lengthen a bit I guess, but there are a zillion drugstore mascaras, don't waste your time with this dud.

Video Reviews & Tutorials