October 25, 2014 | 1637 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Lash Stiletto

rated 3 of 5 on 4/7/2012 4:15:00 AM More reviews by boxyeongxan

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

ehhhh......it was DECENT I guess
they advertise it by saying it'll give you the "ultimate" length
well...they DO lengthen your lashes pretty nicely
but its not like whoooaaa omg! kinda thing
and for me I didn't think it was THAT buildable?
oh and I didn't try the waterproof version but the regular one
it DEFINITELY didn't hold my curl
like I would curl it all nicely and I'd be all satisfied, and then I apply this mascara and I could like SEE my lashes slowly drooping down and back straight.
wow..omfg moment right there..
but I mean. I have straight lashes to begin with. If you have curly lashes or they stay curled easily, then you might not have that problem.
and it does give you decent length so I guess it's worth giving a try. Oh and if you're one of those people that like to layer mascaras, you could use this and then use a volumizing mascara afterwards. that'd look nice.
but PERSONALLY......I'm going to try other mascaras that I want to try out, and MAYBE I'll come back to this one?

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2012 1:28:00 PM More reviews by Monikar2

I personally love this mascara, it makes my eyelashes look so long.
It is amazing for lengthening your lashes, the brush allows you to really define and make sure you coat all your lashes too as it isn't 'fat' brush making it easier to work with.
I use the end of the mascara to get my outer lashes which makes a big difference to me.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2012 11:41:00 PM More reviews by stella0r

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Dramatic curl and the curl stays the whole day, no smudging, and I was surprised to find that it adds natural looking yet luscious volume! An HG in my book!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2012 9:32:00 PM More reviews by sabrinarose1990

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

For the price this really is a great mascara. I find it lengthens my lashes dramatically. It did not make them look thicker but I did not purchase it for that. I apply two coats for a natural look and three with eyelash curler for a more dramatic look. I do prefer Diorshow but I am trying to save money so this is probably the best substitute. It does not flake and is moisturising. The wand is great especially for little lashes at the corner.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/1/2012 8:08:00 PM More reviews by genxer123

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Performance: top of the line for LENGTH of any of the many drugstore mascaras I've tried. This mascara worked incredibly well to show length and definition. I looked wide-eyed.

Application: I read the reviews and, trying to avert flagged problems, tried my own method. Maybe it will work for you, but work fast because you cannot wait between coats, and do one eye at a time:

1) Wiggle wand at base of center-outside lashes, pull through to tips.

2) Wiggle wand at base of center-inside lashes, pull through to tips.

3) Wiggle wand at base of dead center lashes, pull through to tips.

4) (If you want drama or it's night): Quickly load more mascara, repeat steps 1, 2 and 3. Otherwise skip to #5.

5) Quickly reload, start at center of eyes and pull brush outward towards temple, then quickly go back to center and push/pull brush towards nose. Repeat. Kinda like windshield wipers.

6) Smooth obvious gaps with wand, then finally

7) Hold wand at nearly the end of lashes, push up (to add more curl), and hold for a few seconds.

I always wear two coats for day, three for night or drama. The latter process takes 5 minutes, tops. I've got it down to 3 (meaning 90 seconds per eye).

Also, thanks to danielaortiz19, who suggested layering with Falsies -- wow.

I just happened to have Falsies. When I added ONE layer of Falsies on top of 2 layers of Stiletto -- my lashes look ridiculously long, thick, and not clumpy! I'll save the volume mascara addition for night. The combo leaves my lashes much longer than volume alone, much thicker than lengthening alone, and much cleaner-looking than all the mascaras that try to do both.

Finally, I keep sniffing this mascara for the off-putting, apparently ubiquitous, scent. Well, Stiletto definitely smells like makeup (Playdoh?), but when dry, the scent goes away. Just for fun I smelled Bobbi Brown No Smudge and CoverGirl Last Blast Length. BB's didn't smell like much and CG smelled like Elmer's glue. But I can't smell any of them unless the wand is right under my nose and I usually am that horrid neighbor who tells you exactly what's rotting in your refrigerator.

One more thing: no flakes, and for my contact lensed eyes, yay, no fibers (or at least none that came off).

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/29/2012 10:08:00 PM More reviews by chandler1122

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This was really great mascara. I bought this at Target because it was on clearance for $5 (originally $8, I believe). It gave my eyelashes a really long, defined look. However, it wasn't necessarily was I was looking for in a mascara, because the volume just wasn't there, and I have naturally long eyelashes. But I would definitely suggest this to anyone looking for length.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/29/2012 7:47:00 PM More reviews by danielaortiz19

Its gives great lenght but not volume at all. If you like spidery lashes, this is your friend! If you pair it with Falsies, OMG the best combo ever! You get voluminous long lashes!! Buy this!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/28/2012 4:53:00 PM More reviews by clumpedmascara

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I saw nice length with this mascara :) I probably won't buy it again though, i REALLY hated the strong smell. It's also overpriced imo, the length was good but not THAT good. It does give nice length, but I've payed the same price for an even better mascara (CoverGirl Lashblast Fusion Water Resistant Mascara :D).

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2012 9:23:00 PM More reviews by AntiqueGlitter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

****I purchased this in the WATERPROOF formula.****
My natural eyelashes are already pretty thick, but they're straight and very short.
This mascara is a *okay*...I was expecting to get super long, clumpy eyelashes, but I didn't get that at all. Instead, I got mediocre length and very few clumps. I guess I should be thrilled about the less-clumps thing, especially since I packed on three (!) coats, but I was really looking forward to getting lots of length like it claimed to give.
The curl-holding power, however, is great! (Maybe that's because I got the waterproof formula, though...?)
I'm really liking the definition this mascara gives me. It's not as defining as the L'Oreal Voluminous Million Lashes is, but it still defines pretty well. I used this in conjunction with the Maybelline Falsies Waterproof Mascara, and I got satisfactory results. The Falsies really amped up my eyelashes with volume, and it clumped up my eyelashes too, but with one or two swipes of Lash Stiletto, my eyelashes were clump-free and defined again without ruining the volume or length.
Would I repurchase? No, I'm still looking for the ultimate lengthening mascara.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/25/2012 8:53:00 PM More reviews by msaunderscam

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

This mascara definitely does what it claims to do, and I did enjoy using it, but I am taking one lippie off because for me personally, it doesn't do enough to help me out. I already have naturally long eyelashes (I probably shouldn't have even bought this mascara, considering), and it did add length, but it did little to help in other areas. Still a great product!