L'Oreal Extra Volume Collagen mascara

3.4

on 7/18/2011 9:20:00 AM

I despise this product. I love mascaras, all mascaras, and have many kinds that I use for different things, and I cannot find a single reason to use this kind.

The case is beautiful, so classy and bold. Then, you use it, and realize the product itself is cheap. The wand is a mess, it gets clotted up with huge amounts of excess, and even after blotting, it still seems to hold far too much. It does nothing to separate my lashes, it just clumps it all together in a wet mess that easily transfers into raccoon eyes.

I will never buy this again. It saddens me that it makes such a mess, as my eyes are usually easy to work with- I have long, naturally dark and curled lashes. This was an utter disappointment.

on 7/9/2011 8:41:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I LOVE THIS MASCARA <3 It defiantly gives you Volumized Lashes ! its not pricey at all (considering its a drugstore brand lol) No joke, This mascara will replace False eyelashes. i put on a few coats and everyone though i had Fake eyelashes lol ! ALSO, it doesn't give You nasty looking clumps for spider eyelashes. HUGE PLUUUUSSS ! It just gives you that thick feathered out eyelash look that celebrities have<3 This is My HG Mascara (:

on 7/4/2011 6:44:00 PM

It tends to clump a little but if you're patient and move your brush back and forth a lot you can get the lashes separated. This mascara is good by itself or as the final coat. It comes out as very black, which I like. It's a true dark pigment.

It lengthens my lashes as well as makes them darker and a little bit thicker looking. I'm sure mascara won't work well for everyone but it works well for me.

on 7/2/2011 5:35:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

i dont find that this mascara clumps like crazy for me. i have repurchased 3 when i went to the US because it was dirt cheap there, and im australia its over $20.
i use this for the final coat on my lashes; i layer them up with maybelline the collossal, and then final two coats i use this. this is because i think that its a 'blacker black' and a thicker consistency than the collossal. i know that some people think that this clumps, but for me i find that its okay; this is because i kind of scrape the brush on the side of the tube and then apply. i just brush the clumps out (if there are any) with a bare mascara brush or a eyebrow comb.
i really like this mascara, its my favourite after the collossal and i believe that it does build alot of volume for me.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Clumps like crazy. Doesn't leave lashes actually seperated. Just not worth buying!

on 6/29/2011 3:44:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I got this just because I got my wonderful carbon black mascara and got this one for 1/2 off I thought I would give it a try..but unfortunately I did not like it at all..it does nothing but clump! ewww....

on 6/20/2011 6:14:00 PM

I have been using this off and on for over a year. I switch back and forth and ultimately always end up re-purchasing this. very volumizing and adds luster to lashes. pretty good for a drug store brand. (i also like it becuase L'oreal is a sub division of Lancome) Being the make up snob i am, I like that tid bit. hahah. The waterproof version of this is also amazing.

on 6/20/2011 3:26:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I didn't like this mascara at all! I thought it would make my lashes full of volume, but it didn't. It made my lashes look spread apart, and clumpy and spidery leg like.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I know this mascara doesn't work for everyone, but i LOVE it. It's the only one i will use, and i just switched from Maybelline Collosal Volume which I thought was the best mascara ever, but this one has topped it!
I think you have to have a good lash base for this mascara to be great on you though. I have a friend who tried mine and her lashes are a lot shorter and not as full as my own, and it didn't work well for her.
I also find that the first week of a new tube is too wet and doesn't work as well as when it's gotten a little bit drier after using it a few times, so stick with it and it may work better in the long run.
I get compliments on my lashes everyday. I do have long lashes anyway, but this mascara does them justice!

on 6/10/2011 2:16:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

AWFUL. The brush is so uneven which may have been their strategy to full lashes? It claims 'no clumping' but it clumps like crazy. I dont notice any positive results from it. Luckily I got it on sale. Dont waste your money on this.