December 18, 2014 | 855 users online

Mascara - L'Oreal - Extra Volume Collagen mascara

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2011 12:40:00 PM More reviews by amandaleejones

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I know this mascara doesn't work for everyone, but i LOVE it. It's the only one i will use, and i just switched from Maybelline Collosal Volume which I thought was the best mascara ever, but this one has topped it!
I think you have to have a good lash base for this mascara to be great on you though. I have a friend who tried mine and her lashes are a lot shorter and not as full as my own, and it didn't work well for her.
I also find that the first week of a new tube is too wet and doesn't work as well as when it's gotten a little bit drier after using it a few times, so stick with it and it may work better in the long run.
I get compliments on my lashes everyday. I do have long lashes anyway, but this mascara does them justice!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/10/2011 2:16:00 PM More reviews by chantalm24

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

AWFUL. The brush is so uneven which may have been their strategy to full lashes? It claims 'no clumping' but it clumps like crazy. I dont notice any positive results from it. Luckily I got it on sale. Dont waste your money on this.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 5/31/2011 9:29:00 AM More reviews by Hasenhirn92

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

My eyelashes are fairly long, but they don't hold much appeal in the volume department. :| So I've been on a five-month journey (so far) to find the perfect, HG volumizing mascara. I'd read mixed reviews on L'Oreal in the past, but I found this mascara for $8.00 USD at my local Dollar General and decided that it was cheap it enough to risk trying. Well... Let's just say that I could've speant that eight bucks on something a little more worthwhile.

BRUSH - The brush has bristles, which I've never been a fan of. I'm more of a plastic-comb-type girl (like the sort of brush you'd find with CoverGirl mascaras). Formula clumps on this brush like crazy, and little gobs of it get caught up between the bristles.

FORMULA - Too "gooey"! It leaves my eyeslashes actually feeling wet, and it smudges too easily.

FINAL LOOK - If you're big on spider-leg lashes, then you should run out and grab a tube of this stuff stat 'cause that's all you're getting. I tried to seperate my lashes after application with a lash comb, but it did no good. My lashes were stuck together to form about five large lash clumps. Not a pretty look, ladies. Don't even think about using more than one coat or you'll end up with disaster. Additionally, this mascara flakes like you wouldn't believe! I tried it by itself and got flakes. Then, I tried a thin coat and layered CoverGirl Exact Eyelights on top. It still flaked. Whenever I tried to wipe away the pieces left behind, it would smudge into the already-too-dark circles under my eyes... (Thank god for concealer!)

Overall, I didn't like this product. The packaging is nice, which earned this bad boy more than one lippie, but that's the most praise it's getting from me.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/24/2011 3:08:00 PM More reviews by Alex437

This is a good product, i was looking for something new and different to try and someone suggested i try this, so.. i put it on, and the first coat was awesome! they looked thicker darker, and way longer ( considering my eyelashes are long but just blonde at the tips) and the second coat was even better! but dont cake it on because it will look false and gross, but put more at the tips, my friends noticed and asked me if it was expensive and name brand, I am defiantly sticking with this for a while

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/23/2011 10:26:00 PM More reviews by DianaBlackbird

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

A bit pricey for a drug store brand but worth it. I normally use covergirls lashblast but since mine was getting old and starting to irritate my eyes I knew it was time to get a new one. L'oreals is actually alot better. After one swipe my lashes didnt feel heavy like with the other one. I didnt get any flakes like others claim. It was dark black and thick:) The more I did swipe on the faker they did appear but I dont mind, come on people wear fake lashes- they dont look real. Will buy again when this one gets old. Lol.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/23/2011 9:59:00 AM More reviews by Marian93

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

really good actually

rated 4 of 5 on 5/21/2011 7:12:00 AM More reviews by mariko2312

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Great product, and amazing effect.
the only thing is that you can't realy put a second layer without it looking too fake, also it can be prone to clumping but you just gotta be heaps careful.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/19/2011 11:32:00 PM More reviews by uhlizubeth

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

When I first tried this mascara I really liked how it looked, and weirdly the smell. Later that day, I had flaking go on, then when I washed my face that night, that dry shit pulled out my lashes and was impossible to take off. I used this mascara for about a week and by the end of the week I swear the mascara was literally dried out or used up! Seriously no product inside.. I don't even use a lot? WTF? I do like the brush a lot though, if this mascara kept this wand and had a different formula I'm sure I'd like it.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/19/2011 10:00:00 PM More reviews by kolbaska

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

it made my lashes look amazingly long and thick BUT it was sticky!!!! after you put it on and it dries - every time you blink your top and bottom eyelashes stick together its the weirdest thing! at it keeps being sticky for the whole day

rated 1 of 5 on 5/9/2011 12:15:00 AM More reviews by menacexofxvanity

this stuff pretty much sucks. it looked really nice at first, then my eyelashes started to droop down. I tried reapplying and my eyelashes got all clumpy. definitely not purchasing this again.