October 20, 2014 | 822 users online

Eyeliner - E.L.F. - Waterproof Eyeliner Pen

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 4/13/2012 12:23:00 AM More reviews by angie7595

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

When it works it is amazing. Lasts a long time and is very dark. When it doesn't work its a piece of crap! Its gray and when you try to put more on the rest comes off! When i first bought it it was amazing and i thought it was HG material! but then a few days later the color was dull and gray :( i give it another chance and it works on one eye then i go to the other and its gray:(

rated 4 of 5 on 3/27/2012 7:24:00 AM More reviews by VAmom

I am inept with eyeliner-always have been. This is so easy to use I may actually be able to wear it in public. The black is not as opaque as I would like, but I think I can make it work. They are serious about "waterproof"-it really is and it's hard to remove.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/25/2012 10:57:00 AM More reviews by Maite5468

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Well.....it was a dollar so I didn't expect much. It worked okay, stayed on pretty well and applied ok but the top wasn't very secure......it ended up falling off and the tip dried out. I rather just spend a little more and get a better quality felt tip eyeliner......if you're on a budget a don't mind buying a few of these (I think u would probably need 2-3 a month if u use it everyday). The tip was also kind of rough I had to b careful not to press too hard cuz it hurt if I applied too much pressure. It was just ok for me.....I don't feel bad about buying it though since it was just $1.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/18/2012 1:12:00 PM More reviews by Rapt1m3

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

It's a dollar and I use it every day in Coffee (a light brown). I used to use black every night when I worked in a nightclub, and the saturation is much better in the black. The plum is ok, but didn't look good on me. Same for the navy.

Each pen lasts me only about a month. It's not my holy grail but it gets the job done, and lasts about 8 hours.

The brush tips are terrible and fray within 2 weeks. But oh well. It's a dollar.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/17/2012 6:35:00 PM More reviews by taylorlovesgossip

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

When I first got this, I was so over the moon for it the first week I had it, it was absolutely perfect. Then about a week into using it, it dried out SO BAD.. I was really upset and disappointed, but it was a dollar so I can't complain too much. Not worth it though, in my opinion.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/13/2012 4:04:00 PM More reviews by mswendy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Dirt cheap $1, cant really complain. I like the tip, it creates very nice lines but I notice that after drawing one eye, it tends to dry up quick. Now I leave the pen upside down and I get a tiny bit more liquid for each use. I wouldn't purchase this as an everyday use eyeliner but I would stash it with my mini makeup kit I carry around for touch ups.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/12/2012 11:19:00 PM More reviews by paunul

The color is very long-lasting and the pen is easy to use. My only complaint is the bad packaging-- you really have to yank the cap off, and often damage the pen tip in doing so.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/11/2012 12:13:00 AM More reviews by Callie3

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

The pen works great on 1 eye then it dries up before I can get to the 2nd eye. I like the concept of an eyeliner pen/marker so I will be looking for another brand. It was only a dollar so I'm not too disappointed.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/6/2012 1:11:00 PM More reviews by kinta80s

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

i have given this product a second try but still not worth it. its always been dry and the tip is too sharp. it hurts during application. both ones are tossed away after one-time trials. would definitely never waste anymore euros on this product

rated 2 of 5 on 2/28/2012 11:28:00 PM More reviews by ohgeebus

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought the Plum and Black eyeliners. As a first time ELF eyeliner buyer with no knowledge of other buyer reviews, I had a mixed reaction to each color liner.

I tried the plum liner first, and oddly enough, the applicator was really sharp against my eyelid. Maybe I'm more used to using a liquid liner with a synthetic applicator brush. But I touched the applicator pen tip to my lid, and I literally flinched. Applying the liner to my lid was like tapping a sharpened pencil against my eyeball. It hurt a lot. Fortunately, the black pen was much gentler, although I still was uncomfortable with the tip against my lid

I struggled through and got both lids done. In general, I think that the color is pretty pigmented for such a cheap eyeliner. However, you have to understand that this is probably one of the cheapest pen liners on the market. The color did not pass my smudge proof test of drawing a swatch on my hand, waiting a few minutes for a dried finish, and rubbing at the liner with my thumb. It didn't rub away, but it smudged...which was disappointing. Compared to my other favorite liquid liner Magic Ink by Benefit, ELF is a lesser liner but for what it's cost, I might buy it again if I ever wanted to do another ELF buying binge.