E.L.F. Waterproof Eyeliner Pen

3.0

Price: $

Price: $

Aqua(water), Styrene/Acrylates/Ammonium Methacrylate Copolymer, SD Alcohol 40 (Alcohol Denat), Butylene Glycol, Sodium Laureth-12 Sulfate, Benzyl Alcohol, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone. May Contain: Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Maganese Violet (CI 77742), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Chromium Hydroxide Green (CI 77289), Yellow No. 5 Lake (CI 19140), Ferric Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Blue No.1 Lake (CI 42090)

on 5/11/2012 10:58:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

I have it in black and plum. I got the black first and loved it. It glided on easily and with excellent precision. The plum came 2 weeks later. It was drier and as such application was challenging.

Overtime my problem with the product was that the end became a little shredded making gliding not as easy as before. The black stayed moist, however the plum is dried out.

I would not buy again.

on 5/11/2012 8:00:00 AM

When I first started using this eyeliner, everything was happiness and kittens and rainbows. The pigmentation was good (I have it in black) it was super easy to apply and it lasted all day on my oily eyelids, even without primer. The packaging is nice and sturdy and the tip of the pen is just right, not too soft or hard, or too thin or thick. I loved, loved, loved this product.

Then, after about two or three weeks - and I hadn't used it more than ten times - it dried. It just completely dried up and nothing would come out anymore. I tried keeping it upside down, I tried crying a little, but no. If I rub it against the palm of my hand for ten minutes I might get a greyish stain but that's all. I am so, so disappointed. And I don't think I can be bothered to buy another one since this seems to be a very common problem. A huge disappointment :(

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

not so good eyeliner. not waterproof. definitely i will not buy this again

on 5/1/2012 9:50:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Other, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

You get what you pay for. I have liked most elf products I have purchased, but this is the pits. Dries out really quickly. Once you put on, all colors look the same, can't even tell what color it is. I have black, purple and green.

on 4/18/2012 7:00:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I like the fact this eyeliner stays in place despite its price. However, I do think it could be more heavily pigmented, and the pen is quite flimsy.

on 4/13/2012 12:23:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

When it works it is amazing. Lasts a long time and is very dark. When it doesn't work its a piece of crap! Its gray and when you try to put more on the rest comes off! When i first bought it it was amazing and i thought it was HG material! but then a few days later the color was dull and gray :( i give it another chance and it works on one eye then i go to the other and its gray:(

on 3/27/2012 7:24:00 AM

I am inept with eyeliner-always have been. This is so easy to use I may actually be able to wear it in public. The black is not as opaque as I would like, but I think I can make it work. They are serious about "waterproof"-it really is and it's hard to remove.

on 3/25/2012 10:57:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Well.....it was a dollar so I didn't expect much. It worked okay, stayed on pretty well and applied ok but the top wasn't very secure......it ended up falling off and the tip dried out. I rather just spend a little more and get a better quality felt tip eyeliner......if you're on a budget a don't mind buying a few of these (I think u would probably need 2-3 a month if u use it everyday). The tip was also kind of rough I had to b careful not to press too hard cuz it hurt if I applied too much pressure. It was just ok for me.....I don't feel bad about buying it though since it was just $1.

on 3/18/2012 1:12:00 PM

It's a dollar and I use it every day in Coffee (a light brown). I used to use black every night when I worked in a nightclub, and the saturation is much better in the black. The plum is ok, but didn't look good on me. Same for the navy.

Each pen lasts me only about a month. It's not my holy grail but it gets the job done, and lasts about 8 hours.

The brush tips are terrible and fray within 2 weeks. But oh well. It's a dollar.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

When I first got this, I was so over the moon for it the first week I had it, it was absolutely perfect. Then about a week into using it, it dried out SO BAD.. I was really upset and disappointed, but it was a dollar so I can't complain too much. Not worth it though, in my opinion.