September 19, 2014 | 1849 users online

Eyeliner - E.L.F. - Waterproof Eyeliner Pen

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 3/25/2012 10:57:00 AM More reviews by Maite5468

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Well.....it was a dollar so I didn't expect much. It worked okay, stayed on pretty well and applied ok but the top wasn't very secure......it ended up falling off and the tip dried out. I rather just spend a little more and get a better quality felt tip eyeliner......if you're on a budget a don't mind buying a few of these (I think u would probably need 2-3 a month if u use it everyday). The tip was also kind of rough I had to b careful not to press too hard cuz it hurt if I applied too much pressure. It was just ok for me.....I don't feel bad about buying it though since it was just $1.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/18/2012 1:12:00 PM More reviews by Rapt1m3

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

It's a dollar and I use it every day in Coffee (a light brown). I used to use black every night when I worked in a nightclub, and the saturation is much better in the black. The plum is ok, but didn't look good on me. Same for the navy.

Each pen lasts me only about a month. It's not my holy grail but it gets the job done, and lasts about 8 hours.

The brush tips are terrible and fray within 2 weeks. But oh well. It's a dollar.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/17/2012 6:35:00 PM More reviews by taylorlovesgossip

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

When I first got this, I was so over the moon for it the first week I had it, it was absolutely perfect. Then about a week into using it, it dried out SO BAD.. I was really upset and disappointed, but it was a dollar so I can't complain too much. Not worth it though, in my opinion.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/13/2012 4:04:00 PM More reviews by mswendy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Dirt cheap $1, cant really complain. I like the tip, it creates very nice lines but I notice that after drawing one eye, it tends to dry up quick. Now I leave the pen upside down and I get a tiny bit more liquid for each use. I wouldn't purchase this as an everyday use eyeliner but I would stash it with my mini makeup kit I carry around for touch ups.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/12/2012 11:19:00 PM More reviews by paunul

The color is very long-lasting and the pen is easy to use. My only complaint is the bad packaging-- you really have to yank the cap off, and often damage the pen tip in doing so.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/11/2012 12:13:00 AM More reviews by Callie3

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

The pen works great on 1 eye then it dries up before I can get to the 2nd eye. I like the concept of an eyeliner pen/marker so I will be looking for another brand. It was only a dollar so I'm not too disappointed.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/6/2012 1:11:00 PM More reviews by kinta80s

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

i have given this product a second try but still not worth it. its always been dry and the tip is too sharp. it hurts during application. both ones are tossed away after one-time trials. would definitely never waste anymore euros on this product

rated 2 of 5 on 2/28/2012 11:28:00 PM More reviews by ohgeebus

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought the Plum and Black eyeliners. As a first time ELF eyeliner buyer with no knowledge of other buyer reviews, I had a mixed reaction to each color liner.

I tried the plum liner first, and oddly enough, the applicator was really sharp against my eyelid. Maybe I'm more used to using a liquid liner with a synthetic applicator brush. But I touched the applicator pen tip to my lid, and I literally flinched. Applying the liner to my lid was like tapping a sharpened pencil against my eyeball. It hurt a lot. Fortunately, the black pen was much gentler, although I still was uncomfortable with the tip against my lid

I struggled through and got both lids done. In general, I think that the color is pretty pigmented for such a cheap eyeliner. However, you have to understand that this is probably one of the cheapest pen liners on the market. The color did not pass my smudge proof test of drawing a swatch on my hand, waiting a few minutes for a dried finish, and rubbing at the liner with my thumb. It didn't rub away, but it smudged...which was disappointing. Compared to my other favorite liquid liner Magic Ink by Benefit, ELF is a lesser liner but for what it's cost, I might buy it again if I ever wanted to do another ELF buying binge.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/26/2012 9:58:00 PM More reviews by kimberlygrace

I have this product in a solid black, & I had originally purchased it because I had been looking for a cheap liner to try out. I had originally wanted it for my bottom lash line / along my water line, but it's useless for that. It disappears / loses its color literally 10 seconds after you put it on. I found that it works really well for if you want it on your top lid. I really like this product for my top lash line, because the color fades a little from the deep black into a smokey black, which is what I want. I don't want it too dark on top, so this product works well for the top lash line. For the bottom lash line, I would recommend using a different liner; maybe a slightly more expensive one.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/26/2012 3:26:00 AM More reviews by Married2aMarine

I have this in blue and I'm not in love with it. It's nice on top but like other reviewers it's worthless on the water line. It does take a few times going over the line to make it intense color. The point it really nice though and if you keep it upside down it shouldn't dry out. I would buy this again but not in blue. It's just not what I was looking fo in a blue liner.