E.L.F. Waterproof Eyeliner Pen

3.0

Price: $

Price: $

Aqua(water), Styrene/Acrylates/Ammonium Methacrylate Copolymer, SD Alcohol 40 (Alcohol Denat), Butylene Glycol, Sodium Laureth-12 Sulfate, Benzyl Alcohol, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone. May Contain: Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Maganese Violet (CI 77742), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Chromium Hydroxide Green (CI 77289), Yellow No. 5 Lake (CI 19140), Ferric Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Blue No.1 Lake (CI 42090)

on 6/11/2012 11:19:00 PM

So far this liner has been behaving alright lol. I have it in brown, its pretty dark, it kinda looks like a dull black. The tip is a little bit hard but nothing too uncomfortable for me. It also hasnt dried, but then again ive only used it a few times. I do prefer the regular liquid liner than this tho.

on 6/7/2012 7:58:00 PM

I adore these E.L.F. waterproof eyeliners, but let me be very clear - THIS IS NOT PLUM. It is black.

You know how sometimes a piece of black clothing has the SLIGHTEST undertone of red or blue as it fades? Or how a marker, if you smear it, may show a tiny hint of blue or red?

That's what happens here. This eyeliner is black. If you smear it, you detect a the tiniest hint of purple, but when it's on, it is a very deep black. I love deep black, and again, I love these eyeliners, but it is NOT PLUM.

I makes AWESOME lines when it works. But that isnt very often. Everytime I go to use it, i can get one eye done, looking very nice, but when i go to do the other one, NOTHING COMES OUT!!! its kinda annoying becuase you have to switch between the pen and pencil liner in one look. its too bad since the concept and formula is nice.

on 5/23/2012 9:00:00 PM

What you have to first keep in mind before buying ANY elf product is that their batches are inconsistent. I always look at reviews before I buy makeup products and with any elf product review, people's statements always differ. This brush sheds, this brush does not shed, this eyeliner dried out, this eyeliner lasted me for months, etc.

On to my review:

I had this in black when I first purchased it. I had never used an eyeliner pen before but it only took a few days for me to get used to. I'm not sure if it smudged or not, but it definitely dried up within a month and pigmentation went down after the first several uses.

Maybe half a year later, I decided to pick one up again since I was at Target and remembered that it was just $1. This time, I bought one in Plum. When I tried it on, I was disappointed. It came out black!! After a month, pigmentation decreased so the plum showed, but I've had it for maybe 2-3 months now and it hasn't dried out! I noticed that this pen in particular DOES NOT smudge and my eyelids get very oily. I'm an Asian whose eyelids fold over themselves (hidden double eyelids) and for an eyeliner to not smudge with my eyes is amazing!! I use the Urban Decay Primer Potion with any eyeliner I use and this is the only one that has not smudged on me.

Unfortunately, this does smudge when I wing out my eyeliner even a tiny bit. I think it's because the part where my upper lid meets my lower lid gets EXTREMELY oily during the day.

on 5/11/2012 10:58:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

I have it in black and plum. I got the black first and loved it. It glided on easily and with excellent precision. The plum came 2 weeks later. It was drier and as such application was challenging.

Overtime my problem with the product was that the end became a little shredded making gliding not as easy as before. The black stayed moist, however the plum is dried out.

I would not buy again.

on 5/11/2012 8:00:00 AM

When I first started using this eyeliner, everything was happiness and kittens and rainbows. The pigmentation was good (I have it in black) it was super easy to apply and it lasted all day on my oily eyelids, even without primer. The packaging is nice and sturdy and the tip of the pen is just right, not too soft or hard, or too thin or thick. I loved, loved, loved this product.

Then, after about two or three weeks - and I hadn't used it more than ten times - it dried. It just completely dried up and nothing would come out anymore. I tried keeping it upside down, I tried crying a little, but no. If I rub it against the palm of my hand for ten minutes I might get a greyish stain but that's all. I am so, so disappointed. And I don't think I can be bothered to buy another one since this seems to be a very common problem. A huge disappointment :(

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

not so good eyeliner. not waterproof. definitely i will not buy this again

on 5/1/2012 9:50:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Other, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

You get what you pay for. I have liked most elf products I have purchased, but this is the pits. Dries out really quickly. Once you put on, all colors look the same, can't even tell what color it is. I have black, purple and green.

on 4/18/2012 7:00:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I like the fact this eyeliner stays in place despite its price. However, I do think it could be more heavily pigmented, and the pen is quite flimsy.

on 4/13/2012 12:23:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

When it works it is amazing. Lasts a long time and is very dark. When it doesn't work its a piece of crap! Its gray and when you try to put more on the rest comes off! When i first bought it it was amazing and i thought it was HG material! but then a few days later the color was dull and gray :( i give it another chance and it works on one eye then i go to the other and its gray:(