October 30, 2014 | 1597 users online

Hair - Moroccanoil - Moroccan Oil

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 7/23/2012 10:47:00 PM More reviews by alwells

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Still on the fence. Just bought this and have only used it a couple of times. My hair generally responds well to oil (I will slather it in organic sesame oil and sleep in it). Putting a product in and leaving it after styled has me a bit on the fence.

It does make my hair light and airy (in a good way). The only down side for me is that I often like to curly my ends under a bit. And it seems to want to prevent my hair from wanting to hold a curl. I think maybe when I flat iron it, it will work a bit better. I'm not too sure. Or perhaps I'll trying applying it after I style.

I havn't given up on it yet. But I'm definitely not in love with this stuff right out of the gates.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/22/2012 7:03:00 PM More reviews by KikiTamato

My hair stylist was using this product on my hair and I absolutely loved how it smelled and the fact that it helped cut down on drying time. I went out and purchased it and used it for a few weeks. When I went back to my stylist she ran her hands through my hair and could not believe how much healthier it felt and asked what I had been using. I have very thick, wavy, color treated hair and while I find I still need some extra product this stuff helps tremendously and smells oh so yummy. I use it super sparingly as it is so pricey. Will purchase again if I can snag a coupon or will ask for it in my stocking ;) Should also mention that it is a huge plus not having alcohol in it which seems to be in so many similar products.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2012 7:55:00 AM More reviews by GucciDiva

RIP OFF!

The argan oil thing is a gimmick. This is a silicone product with a little argan oil, and a hugely jacked up price. Do yourself a favor and buy yourself real argan oil.

17 out of 18 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 7/11/2012 9:58:00 PM More reviews by Marjacobs27

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was using a moroccan argan oil from Pro Naturals that I ordered online from Beyas, but after reading so many positive reviews on MO I got myself a bottle. It made my hair really heavy and eventually greasy (only used a small amount), so I checked out the ingredients and suprise surprise…SILICONES. Went back to pro naturals and my hair was soft and supple again, so no, MO is NOT all it’s made out to be.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2012 11:47:00 PM More reviews by starrysim

I didn't expect a miracle from Moroccal Oil, and I didn't get one, but it's still a decent product. I apply a tiny amount, a glob about the size of my pinky nail, onto just the ends of my wet hair. I've been using it about twice a week for 3 months, and I think my ends are not as dry as before, but also not miraculously moisturized. I still need a heavy duty moisturizing conditoner, like the Joico KPak line.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2012 8:10:00 PM More reviews by alaras

With trial and error I developed a prejudice of considering hyped products as 'over-hyped'. So I did not think of buying this. My hair is thick and normal. And normally shampoo is enough. But because of heat styling and a bad highlight job I received a while ago, the ends of my hair turned straw-like and I got lots of broken and split ends. No conditioner or mask provided relief. So I bought this. In the first application Moroccanoil smoothed away all the roughness and sealed most of the split ends. I thought my hair would get oily quicker than usual but it did not make my hair oilier and the best is.Like most other cosmetics, you only benefit when you use it.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/28/2012 10:40:00 AM More reviews by Katiepblondie

This is my first review ever! I have been using moroccanoil light treatment for nearly two years now and it has made a massive difference to the health of my hair! I have light blonde hair that is styled to a inch of its life. It is fine and dry but i have lots of it! It was breaking off a lot before i started using this treatment. I wash and blow dry my hair everyday (naughty i know)! i was in town a few days ago and remembered i was running low on moroccanoil light so thought id have a look if it was sold anywhere local (i usually buy from feel unique.com) i couldn't find my usual light treatment only the regular one so bought that thinking it couldn't hurt.. Unfortunately i found it far to heavy for my hair and made it feel quite greasy :-/ .... however it still made it shiney and smooth.. i will stick to the light treatment from now on which has worked wonders for my battered hair. would highly recommend to anyone with coloured over processed hair like myself!!
The bottle itself isn't the most attractive, looks abit like cough medicine but does come with a handy pump! i find it reasonably priced for the quality and it lasts me for atleast 4 months.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2012 6:05:00 PM More reviews by LaOsha

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have always been so scared of using product (let alone OIL!) on my hair, so this seemed off putting for my baby-fine hair at first.

My hair stylist mother insisted that she try it on my hair when it was released and I was SO impressed!

It left little to no weight difference, my hair was shinier and more supple looking.

Thank goodness my mom is a hair stylist, though, because this stuff is EXPENSIVE. Probably worth it if you spend that kind of money on your appearance already, though.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2012 9:21:00 PM More reviews by jessicalanelle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I love Moroccan Oil! This does wonders for my hair. I get regular hair color, and my hair gets pretty dry. I have fine hair, and this really helps to keep it nourished. I stayed away from this product for a long time due to the price point, but now that I have tried it, I see that it is worth every penny! I use three pumps on my chin length hair every day before I dry it and straighten it, and I don't think my hair could do without it! Highly recommend!!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2012 12:59:00 AM More reviews by Dianakozak123