January 30, 2015 | 931 users online

Mascara - Cover Girl - Exact Eyelights

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2009 10:37:00 PM More reviews by lattevaniglia

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Whoa, I'm surprised at all the negative reviews on this product -- it worked for me! I have dark brown eyes (so dark you can't see the pupils, which is pretty boring in my opinion). So off I went to buy CG Exact Eyelights in the hopes of adding some zing to my eyes. It so happened that Rexall was having a half-price sale on mascara. For $4, I thought I couldn't go wrong. I didn't! I bought the mascara in Black Pearl and wasn't actually expecting much from it, but after trying it on it did seem to work. Perhaps the fact that I now wear shiny new contacts adds to the effect, but I've noticed that this really brought my eyes out more. There are miniscule little pieces of glitter in the mascara that seem to be the ones highlighting the colour. I could actually make out my pupils and for the first time thought my eyes were pretty and not boring. This product is a lifesaver -- the reason why I'm never going to think about changing my eye colour again! It's a really natural-looking mascara, but looks great because lashes are nicely separated and thickened without looking too dramatic. I agree that it will work better if you purchase it along with the eyeshadow, but the trick really is figuring out what colours go with your eyes. I've noticed that bright blue eyeliner really looks good with mine. Thank you CG for making this awesome product! You've made me proud of what I've been given!

P.S. I've always known that my friend's eyes are a really light blue-grey, but I noticed they seemed to have been somewhat enhanced one day, so I commented on how lovely they looked. Guess what she was wearing! We got into a long discussion about how we love Exact Eyelights and agreed that it was the best mascara we've both used so far :)

rated 1 of 5 on 9/25/2009 4:58:00 AM More reviews by silviachick

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I wanted to try a different mascara compared to my Mary Kay product since I was geting low, and hoping to find something I liked. I really liked the brush, and was hoping the glitter/shimmer in it would bring out my eye color. I HATED the way this went on my lashes, and I didn't like the way it looked. It didn't seem as full, was clumpy, and didn't see any color difference. I've only used it once, and will likely stay that way unless I'm desperate for mascara. I was highly disappointed. I knew I shoulda looked at the other reviews before picking this one up.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2009 12:32:00 AM More reviews by Janelliee0x

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love this mascara! I bought the one for Hazel eyes. It does what it says, it makes my eyes brighter and pop out like no other! I'm going to continue to buy this product!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/18/2009 9:26:00 PM More reviews by lyna93

I dont recommend this mascara at all.
I saw this new mascara at walmart and saw how it says
that its suppose make your eyes pop, well i bought the one for green eyes because I wear green contacts, and trust it was HORRIBLE. The mascara looked like nothing was on my lashes, it didnt pop at all, nor did it add length or volumized my lashes.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/15/2009 9:15:00 PM More reviews by Meliiissaaa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I was really excited for this product to come out. I have green eyes, and I was hoping that with this mascara, it would make them pop. Well, to tell the truth, it didn't. But it isn't all that awfull: it was a not-so-bad volumizer and it was quite buildable. It dried quite fast. Even with that, I won't buy it again.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/15/2009 3:11:00 PM More reviews by redheadedbitch

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

OMG, don't use this mascara if you wear contact lenses! I've tried it twice now with my contacts in and each time I get pieces of the shimmer stuck to my lens and it doesn't want to come off! I thought it might have been a fluke, but I've now had to throw two lenses away because of it. Am I the only one?? When I wear it without my lenses, my eyes are still irritated...

This mascara itself is just alright. It gives a pretty natural coverage- no big impact. The color doesn't really show up either. I thought this would be a cheaper alternative to the Benefit Plum mascara, but it's just kind of "meh." The good thing is that it can take several coats without clumping so you can build more coverage. I bought it for the color, and since it doesn't really show up, I'm going back to Maybelline Full and Soft (again!)

rated 2 of 5 on 9/14/2009 1:17:00 AM More reviews by LadyShy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

i was super excited to buy this mascara when i first saw it because of the whole color thing but then I bought the darkish red one and the color didnt show on my lashes AT ALL. whats wierd though is that the color shows on the brush but not on the lashes! wells anyways other than that it was a OK mascara (not bad) just OK but not worth buying

rated 4 of 5 on 9/12/2009 10:42:00 PM More reviews by Kittens88

Wow I am quite surprised!
I expected this mascara to crash and burn, but it has shocked me!
This is by far one of the best drugstore mascaras I have ever used. And I have used A LOT!
I have heard the hype for quite some time now and I figured maybe it was time I give it a go. I wasn't waiting in line for it, in fact I thought it was going to be another fail for Cover Girl but I was wary about Lash Blast and it shocked me, so maybe this one could too?
I bought mine in Black Sapphire (obviously blue eyes...) for about $7CDN.
As soon as I opened it I was faced with a wand covered in blue glitter. Ick. Already I could hear my wallet cursing me out...The wand was very similar to the Lash Exact wand, except I noticed the bristles were a bit longer.
Well I wasn't sure what a load of blue glitter was going to do for my blue eyes, but I took a breath and away I went....
Well I didn't see the blues of my eyes pop or sparkle, instead I was to focused on how long and beautifully seperated my lashes were! I was shocked! Even my Plush Lash by MAC or my Estee Lauder mascaras couldn't do this for my lashes!
Like I said before, there wasn't no pop factor for my eyes (though my brother did say he noticed they stood out a bit more...) but I wasn't to upset! I was in LOVE! This mascara really did shock me!
My only grip with this is how the blue tint really does stand out on the lashes. So it becomes a more party, evening out type mascara.
Regardless though, I still love it and will be repurchasing again, and again!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/5/2009 1:37:00 PM More reviews by sunshine1424

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This mascara isn't as good as the pther covergirl mascara. It doesn't brighten the eye, and it somewhat clumps. I would choose lashblast over this product. Lashblast is the best mascara ever. I would definitely recommend you to buy it instead of this product.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/5/2009 1:11:00 PM More reviews by CrazyDaisy06

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I got the Covergirl Exact Eyelights mascara because I have hazel eyes, and normally you can't see the flecks of green in my eyes, so I wanted to see if this would help bring them out. What I found was...

*The wand made my lashes longer and more curled but not thicker
*The mascara was a little flakey, but not a lot
*You could hardly tell that my eyes looked any different then they would with normal-colored marcara
*The mascara didn't dry out
*It was a pretty decent product, considering I bought it from a drugstore
*It wasn't amazing, but it wasn't bad
*The mascara didn't clump, which was very nice
*I recommend it if you are just starting to wear makeup, or if you are younger

Overall, I would give it 3.5 out of 5 stars. I would get it if you want a decent mascara that works, but doesn't do anything special...I think this product was advertised to work better than it did, but it was still okay.