Cover Girl Exact Eyelights

3.1

on 10/15/2009 4:54:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

I don't think I've missed a single mascara on the market and have purchased every drugstore to department store brand on my quest to have long, luxurious lashes and often found myself very disappointed after using a new wand after reading the "hype." I have shelled out almost 30 bucks at times looking for that marvelous mascara and then I stumbled upon this one while at CVS and thought, hey, if I can bring out the blue in my eyes, I'll give this one a shot.

Perhaps I fell for the gimmick but I am thankful I did as I've been using this mascara for months and absolutely love it. It separates and lengthens better than any of the higher end mascaras I've bought and it actually does give the illusion that my blue eyes are more blue. It delivers what it promises but it lacks volume so like many women, I use a different mascara to give me this~Maybelline Colossal (I've reviewed that one as well so check it out), and the two combined are the best duo I've ever used and I waited quite a while to see if I would love and stick with this one and the two together. *Since using CG, I now only wear one coat of the Colossal so that's an update for the review I posted a while back on that mascara as three coats of mascara are certainly enough for my eyes and at times, I wear only one coat of each. If I'm going for a tad more dramatic look, I will wear three but on most days, I wear one of each.

I use one or two coats of CG (depending on whether it's an everyday look I'm seeking or a more dramatic one) to perfectly separate and lengthen my lashes and then apply one coat of Colossal for volume and I finally have the perfect mascara(s). For the first time since I began wearing makeup, I no longer look at new mascara, and I no longer think I must try a new one because this duo is dynamite. I finally have long, thick, and super separated lashes which I love and which have gotten me compliments galore. I am often asked about my mascara and am told that my lashes are long and beautiful so I have found my holy grails. I wear CG Black Sapphire and Colossal Glam Black and have never had a bad mascara day since discovering this terrific twosome.

I can't rave enough about using this pair and I am so happy to have found Exact Eyelights to use with the Maybelline because mascara is something that I never have to search for again as I purchase two wands of each every few months and I have the beautiful lashes I have always craved.

on 10/12/2009 12:10:00 PM

This mascara is my second one I tried in my life. I liked it when it came to making my lashes bigger, but not huge like in commercials ( i like the natural look). I saw a vary little brightness in my eyes, but i would like to try it again.

on 9/26/2009 10:37:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Whoa, I'm surprised at all the negative reviews on this product -- it worked for me! I have dark brown eyes (so dark you can't see the pupils, which is pretty boring in my opinion). So off I went to buy CG Exact Eyelights in the hopes of adding some zing to my eyes. It so happened that Rexall was having a half-price sale on mascara. For $4, I thought I couldn't go wrong. I didn't! I bought the mascara in Black Pearl and wasn't actually expecting much from it, but after trying it on it did seem to work. Perhaps the fact that I now wear shiny new contacts adds to the effect, but I've noticed that this really brought my eyes out more. There are miniscule little pieces of glitter in the mascara that seem to be the ones highlighting the colour. I could actually make out my pupils and for the first time thought my eyes were pretty and not boring. This product is a lifesaver -- the reason why I'm never going to think about changing my eye colour again! It's a really natural-looking mascara, but looks great because lashes are nicely separated and thickened without looking too dramatic. I agree that it will work better if you purchase it along with the eyeshadow, but the trick really is figuring out what colours go with your eyes. I've noticed that bright blue eyeliner really looks good with mine. Thank you CG for making this awesome product! You've made me proud of what I've been given!

P.S. I've always known that my friend's eyes are a really light blue-grey, but I noticed they seemed to have been somewhat enhanced one day, so I commented on how lovely they looked. Guess what she was wearing! We got into a long discussion about how we love Exact Eyelights and agreed that it was the best mascara we've both used so far :)

on 9/25/2009 4:58:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

I wanted to try a different mascara compared to my Mary Kay product since I was geting low, and hoping to find something I liked. I really liked the brush, and was hoping the glitter/shimmer in it would bring out my eye color. I HATED the way this went on my lashes, and I didn't like the way it looked. It didn't seem as full, was clumpy, and didn't see any color difference. I've only used it once, and will likely stay that way unless I'm desperate for mascara. I was highly disappointed. I knew I shoulda looked at the other reviews before picking this one up.

on 9/20/2009 12:32:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love this mascara! I bought the one for Hazel eyes. It does what it says, it makes my eyes brighter and pop out like no other! I'm going to continue to buy this product!

on 9/18/2009 9:26:00 PM

I dont recommend this mascara at all.
I saw this new mascara at walmart and saw how it says
that its suppose make your eyes pop, well i bought the one for green eyes because I wear green contacts, and trust it was HORRIBLE. The mascara looked like nothing was on my lashes, it didnt pop at all, nor did it add length or volumized my lashes.

on 9/15/2009 9:15:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I was really excited for this product to come out. I have green eyes, and I was hoping that with this mascara, it would make them pop. Well, to tell the truth, it didn't. But it isn't all that awfull: it was a not-so-bad volumizer and it was quite buildable. It dried quite fast. Even with that, I won't buy it again.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

OMG, don't use this mascara if you wear contact lenses! I've tried it twice now with my contacts in and each time I get pieces of the shimmer stuck to my lens and it doesn't want to come off! I thought it might have been a fluke, but I've now had to throw two lenses away because of it. Am I the only one?? When I wear it without my lenses, my eyes are still irritated...

This mascara itself is just alright. It gives a pretty natural coverage- no big impact. The color doesn't really show up either. I thought this would be a cheaper alternative to the Benefit Plum mascara, but it's just kind of "meh." The good thing is that it can take several coats without clumping so you can build more coverage. I bought it for the color, and since it doesn't really show up, I'm going back to Maybelline Full and Soft (again!)

on 9/14/2009 1:17:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

i was super excited to buy this mascara when i first saw it because of the whole color thing but then I bought the darkish red one and the color didnt show on my lashes AT ALL. whats wierd though is that the color shows on the brush but not on the lashes! wells anyways other than that it was a OK mascara (not bad) just OK but not worth buying

on 9/12/2009 10:42:00 PM

Wow I am quite surprised!
I expected this mascara to crash and burn, but it has shocked me!
This is by far one of the best drugstore mascaras I have ever used. And I have used A LOT!
I have heard the hype for quite some time now and I figured maybe it was time I give it a go. I wasn't waiting in line for it, in fact I thought it was going to be another fail for Cover Girl but I was wary about Lash Blast and it shocked me, so maybe this one could too?
I bought mine in Black Sapphire (obviously blue eyes...) for about $7CDN.
As soon as I opened it I was faced with a wand covered in blue glitter. Ick. Already I could hear my wallet cursing me out...The wand was very similar to the Lash Exact wand, except I noticed the bristles were a bit longer.
Well I wasn't sure what a load of blue glitter was going to do for my blue eyes, but I took a breath and away I went....
Well I didn't see the blues of my eyes pop or sparkle, instead I was to focused on how long and beautifully seperated my lashes were! I was shocked! Even my Plush Lash by MAC or my Estee Lauder mascaras couldn't do this for my lashes!
Like I said before, there wasn't no pop factor for my eyes (though my brother did say he noticed they stood out a bit more...) but I wasn't to upset! I was in LOVE! This mascara really did shock me!
My only grip with this is how the blue tint really does stand out on the lashes. So it becomes a more party, evening out type mascara.
Regardless though, I still love it and will be repurchasing again, and again!