BeneFit Cosmetics HOOLA

4.1

on 7/18/2014 9:39:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Benefit's Hoola bronzer is great for contouring without the orange or dirt looking pigments. I really have no complaints on the actual product it's self but I find that the packaging is inappropriate. The bronzer comes in a cardboard box sort of thing that takes up a lot of room if I want to take this product with me. All in all, the great product overrules the awful packaging.

on 7/18/2014 12:48:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

It's a good quality bronzer worth buying. Good for contouring or just as blush powder.

on 7/17/2014 11:42:00 PM

It's really a lovely bronzer. Its matte, it's a flattering shade, and the packaging is too cute. But for me this product really excels as a contour. It's so pigmented that you only need the smallest bit on your brush, so I have yet to finish the sample size after a month of almost daily use. I have yet to crack open the full size box I bought after realizing how wonderful this stuff is.

on 7/17/2014 5:13:00 PM

I do love this for a more matte bronzer, great for contouring and works well with pale-medium skin tones.

It is very pigmented so you need minimal product, I haven't had any troubles with it appearing dirty as some reviewers have said. I find it easy to work with, you can build up gradually for stronger definition.

It may be a pricier option for some, I am yet to find a dupe drugstore version- most matte bronzers I have purchased throw off a bit orangey on me. Any suggestions? :)

Have repurchased, I think it's a must for my powder contouring!

I really like this bronzer. It is very pigmented - a little bit goes a long ways and you definitely need to blend it. That being said, it is a great, natural looking colour. I like that it isn't shimmery or sparkly like a lot of bronzers so it does look more natural. I ran out of this product and am planning on buying it again.

on 7/9/2014 8:59:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I'm a makeup artist and I love this product. The colour suits almost everyone who has light or medium skintone. It's highly pigmented and at first I found it hard to blend evenly, but if you use a soft large brush, it's perfect and looks natural. Also, looks good on photos.

on 7/4/2014 3:47:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I did not like this bronzer at all. When I applied it looks like I applied dirt to my cheeks and it was not easily blended. I don't actually need to contour as I have great cheekbone definition naturally so I did not tried this as a contour.
The only good thing I can say about this box-o-talc is that it's matte. I HATE any kind of shimmer on my cheeks whether it be blush or bronzer. I prefer a matte look. The best bronzer I have found has been Too Faced (milk chocolate soleil) and Everyday Minerals. I love Calm & Collected from EDM, it gives a beautiful rosy glow to my cheeks, it's talc free and you get a ton of product.
Save your money, there's way better bronzers out there.

on 7/4/2014 2:14:00 AM

I love this bronzer except for the packaging and the price. It is a perfect color for people with light to medium skin tones. It blends easily and is great for conturing. There are probably cheaper bronzers that would work as good but if you are looking to spend a little extra then this a good one! I wish the packaging was in a compact or something more sturdy. I don't like the box packaging at all.

on 6/29/2014 7:07:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine

Despite reading all the positive reviews i really DONT like this bronzer.... its way too dark and goes on very very patchy... way too pigmented.... im fair skinned, so maybe it would work better on people with olive skin tone... but this is a definite no for me!

on 6/28/2014 11:18:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I must admit that I wasn't impressed by this at first. I got it to use as bronzer/contour and found it too lightly pigmented, not being sure whether it was too light for my NC30 complexion or just not pigmented enough. What I did know is that it's hella expensive either way.

The thing is: this is the best option for a contour powder I can think of. There aren't lots of these in the market and most bronzers are just too orange and/or shimmery for contouring, in my humble opinion. Hoola, on the other hand, is warm toned so it gives that "shadow" effect we're looking for.

Still, I think it's unfortunate that this doesn't suit people that are darker than NC35, I'd say. Plus, the price is ridiculous.

Popular Bronzers