July 30, 2014 | 1029 users online

Eyeliner - Maybelline - Define-A-Line Eyeliner in Ebony Black

rated 4 of 5 on 5/31/2010 2:48:00 PM More reviews by calibunny

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Pros & Cons:
-I love the actual applicator. It is the perfect size and an attractive color & style.
-It goes on easily and very smooth. Silky like.
-So far the twist works better than any twist eyeliner I've tried.
-The crayon like tip works great for me to do the smoky eyes. I only
needed to draw a thin line on top of my eyelid and used the smudger
to do the rest. However I have never cared for smudger tips, a Q-tip
works much better to smudge.
-The color is very black. I normally like black eyeliner but it is almost too "vibrantly" black for me. But the color would look great on my moms eyes :-) I checked it out on the website and it actually looks exactly as it appears on the model so thats a good thing.

Result:
So far this is a great eyeliner. I haven't noticed any smearing yet. But I just purchased this and have only used maybe 4 times. I have not paid too much attention to it throughout the day yet. I will update my review once I do that.

I will def. buy this product in another color, the Rich Raisin & Khaki Green look beautiful.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/28/2010 8:53:00 AM More reviews by Skindz

No! No! No! I don't know how Maybelline got it all wrong this time. I mean don't get me wrong, I LOVE the brand. I'm a loyal customer who loves their foundations, blushes, lipsticks, concealers and mascaras (including define a lash). These products tend to be such good quality for their price... but this eyeliner... thank goodness I got it on a 2 for 1 sale for $5AUD.

Pros:
- The smudger and sharpener end is cute

Cons:
- Smears and smudges like crazy
- Transfers to the upper crease so easily
- Doesn't stay on
- It soft but to the point when applying it, it easily breaks
- Unbelievably messy

This product is definitely not worth even $1. Terrible product. Wouldn not recommend or repurchase!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/25/2010 5:18:00 AM More reviews by elmolikeswasabi

Honestly, I prefer brush-tipped liquid liners. The felt tip is too big which makes it easy to smudge, and it is not very pigmented.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/17/2010 6:23:00 PM More reviews by hiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I honestly hate this product. not only is it greasy and gives me raccoon eyes, somehow, both me and my friend are allergic to something in the formula. her eyes were red all day after using it. i bought it because i ran out of my L'Oreal liner and wanted to try something new. i wouldnt recommend it to anyone, especially those with sensitive skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/1/2010 7:05:00 PM More reviews by BeeSini

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

HORRIBLE! This thing smudges like crazy and NOT the good kind of smudging (e.g. sexy smoky eyes) and if you very very lightly press, it comes off- overall, the worst eyeliner created.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/22/2010 7:32:00 PM More reviews by vickig92

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

if you want an extremely pigmented eyeliner, this is the product. i was looking for something extremely black and randomly came across this one because i was attracted to the green packaging lol. i wanted to try it out so i bought it. i was amazed at how black it really was but there is only one issue, it can cause a lot of smudging on the waterline of the eye. when i use it with concealer and my already powdered face, this eyeliner works perfectly so i still would recommend it.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/18/2010 2:22:00 PM More reviews by Naznin5525

It goes on smoothly and its pretty good at smudging. The only problem it creates raccoon eyes pretty easily, but considering the price its pretty okay.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/14/2010 9:28:00 PM More reviews by qtpie90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

My favourite thing about this liner is the definition it gives, I use it as a substitute for liquid eyeliner sometimes because the line you get can be really dark. The bad thing is the stupid twist thing doesn't always work and the crayon liner has broken twice, which leaves me with a teensy bit of liner left. The product is so small, there's hardly anything to start with. And I find it does smudge over the day, at the outer corners of my eyes. But overall an ok liner considering it's Maybelline.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/8/2010 1:22:00 PM More reviews by pinkash1283

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

Okay for smudging, but that's about it. It smears too easily and causes raccoon eyes as other people have complained. I could not put this on without having to reapply after using my eyelash curler... a problem I've never had with any other eyeliner.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2010 8:26:00 PM More reviews by designerskyline

I don't get all the negative reviews.
This product is fricking AWESOME. Best eyeliner I've ever bought in my entire life. It goes on soo smoothly and the colour is really thick and dark. Some other eyeliners I've bought are like semi-transparent and look really weird, but this is completely opaque and it pretty much glides when applied. No tugging or pulling. And perfect precision (well, for me anyway.)
I can't say much about lasting power because I applied it about half an hour ago and just had to write a review. I might edit this review at the end of the day.