Maybelline Define-A-Line Eyeliner in Ebony Black

2.3

on 6/21/2010 10:03:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Worst eyeliner to use on the top eye lids. Smears like crazy. Too soft of a crayon and the sharpener sucks, like all roll out eyeliners. You cannot get a nice thin line. NOT worth the money for both such a bad product and drugstore brand. Not long lasting and I don't have oily eyelids.

Save your money and buy something better like the "higher" drugstore brands such as Revlon.

on 6/19/2010 6:29:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

This liner kinda sucks. It smears easily and gets all over the place. Application-wise I liked it though. It was creamy and went on easily, and I loved the smudge tip. But I am still in search for a good pencil liner...

I used to use this product all of the time, but even though it is REALLY black, soft, and easy to apply- by the end of the day nearly every time I find that it has smeared halfway down my face- which is definitely not attractive. Overall, this mascara would be okay if you only needed to wear it for a few hours and do not have watery eyes and do not rub your eyes but for all day the staying power was awful!

on 6/13/2010 3:12:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

No matter how I apply my eye make-up (primer,powder,anything), this liner ALWAYS SMEARS. It leaves a line on the crease, it smudges onto my lid, and it runs. By mid-day I have shadows below my eyes. I bought this liner on a whim, wanting to try something new, but I hadn't realized Maybelline could make something so faulty. It really is too oily a liner. Period. Even if you wanted the smokey look, this would run, so what's the point? No make-up look warrants a runny liner. Too bad, though. I enjoyed how easy it was to locate because of the bright green pen.

on 5/31/2010 2:48:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Pros & Cons:
-I love the actual applicator. It is the perfect size and an attractive color & style.
-It goes on easily and very smooth. Silky like.
-So far the twist works better than any twist eyeliner I've tried.
-The crayon like tip works great for me to do the smoky eyes. I only
needed to draw a thin line on top of my eyelid and used the smudger
to do the rest. However I have never cared for smudger tips, a Q-tip
works much better to smudge.
-The color is very black. I normally like black eyeliner but it is almost too "vibrantly" black for me. But the color would look great on my moms eyes :-) I checked it out on the website and it actually looks exactly as it appears on the model so thats a good thing.

Result:
So far this is a great eyeliner. I haven't noticed any smearing yet. But I just purchased this and have only used maybe 4 times. I have not paid too much attention to it throughout the day yet. I will update my review once I do that.

I will def. buy this product in another color, the Rich Raisin & Khaki Green look beautiful.

on 5/28/2010 8:53:00 AM

No! No! No! I don't know how Maybelline got it all wrong this time. I mean don't get me wrong, I LOVE the brand. I'm a loyal customer who loves their foundations, blushes, lipsticks, concealers and mascaras (including define a lash). These products tend to be such good quality for their price... but this eyeliner... thank goodness I got it on a 2 for 1 sale for $5AUD.

Pros:
- The smudger and sharpener end is cute

Cons:
- Smears and smudges like crazy
- Transfers to the upper crease so easily
- Doesn't stay on
- It soft but to the point when applying it, it easily breaks
- Unbelievably messy

This product is definitely not worth even $1. Terrible product. Wouldn not recommend or repurchase!

Honestly, I prefer brush-tipped liquid liners. The felt tip is too big which makes it easy to smudge, and it is not very pigmented.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I honestly hate this product. not only is it greasy and gives me raccoon eyes, somehow, both me and my friend are allergic to something in the formula. her eyes were red all day after using it. i bought it because i ran out of my L'Oreal liner and wanted to try something new. i wouldnt recommend it to anyone, especially those with sensitive skin.

on 5/1/2010 7:05:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

HORRIBLE! This thing smudges like crazy and NOT the good kind of smudging (e.g. sexy smoky eyes) and if you very very lightly press, it comes off- overall, the worst eyeliner created.

on 4/22/2010 7:32:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

if you want an extremely pigmented eyeliner, this is the product. i was looking for something extremely black and randomly came across this one because i was attracted to the green packaging lol. i wanted to try it out so i bought it. i was amazed at how black it really was but there is only one issue, it can cause a lot of smudging on the waterline of the eye. when i use it with concealer and my already powdered face, this eyeliner works perfectly so i still would recommend it.