December 21, 2014 | 1967 users online

Lotions/ Creams - The Body Shop - Body Butter Shea

rated 3 of 5 on 9/24/2008 7:39:00 AM More reviews by hitandrun

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Doesn't moisturise as well as the brazil nut but smells a whole lot nicer. Not as pungent. However, it is not greasy and sinks into the skin without leaving a top film. Skin feels somewhat soft too but nothing amazing.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/23/2008 5:59:00 PM More reviews by Fantak

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I decided to review this product because I'm at the bottom of my second tub and am going to get my third tub this week.

I am terribly fickle and hardly ever finish a bottle/tub let alone repurchase. So actually finishing my second tub of the shea body butter is saying something! I love the waxy texture and how it melts when it touches my skin.

I got both this and the Cocoa Body Butter, but didn't like the Cocoa butter smell (it was terrible, would make me nauseous in the hot humid summer weather). So I switched to the Shea butter.

My body skin is very dry, especially in winter where my legs used to get so dry I wouldn't be able to flex my foot it hurt so much. Since then I have gotten over my teenage fear of rich moisturisers (for the body at least) and have been experimenting with different body creams over the last few years.

The packaging works great for me. I like the tub where I can scoop out a large amount of cream instead of trying to squeeze it out or squirt pump after pump. It also means I go through about a tub a month.

I've taken one lippy off because I still don't like the smell and because although it does moisturise my skin I feel it doesn't moisturise it as much as I would want a body cream to.

Am going to repurchase for the second time (my third tub!).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/7/2008 12:03:00 PM More reviews by warfreakbaby

my very first Body Butter! im not a lotion user because of the humid weather we have here in philippines. my friend noticed that my skin is becoming obviously dry, she said i should check this body butter from TBS. i went to TBS and fortunately, they have discounts on their best selling items and shea butter is one of them. oh, i love the smell and i love how it makes my skin sooo healthy looking. my 3 year old daughter loves this too and everyday, after she takes a bath, she's always looking for this. we were like fools smelling each other's skin. we are really addicted to this. perfecty, perfect, perfect!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2008 7:31:00 PM More reviews by foreverxsummer

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have already professed my love to the Body Shop body butters. But this one is my favorite. I think it's mainly about the smell. It is a smell that get very close to your skin, if I may say so. It's rich but remains subtle, not overpowering at all. This cream can seem a bit too thick at first, but warms up and spreads easily. The container is HUGE and will last quite a long time. Truly wonderful product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2008 1:24:00 PM More reviews by footballqueen07

This is hands down my favourite body butter. I am in love with the clean scent as well, not too overwhelming but pretty and refreshing !! It's crazy to feel my skin at the end of the day, summer or winter, after running around from classes to work etc etc, and notice how soft and moisturized it feels. I put it on immediately after coming out of the shower every single day, it literally takes just an extra minute or two for wonderful skin.. every day :)

rated 4 of 5 on 7/21/2008 10:41:00 AM More reviews by spookykitten

This product does moisturize but I find it to be a little greasy. The scent is great, the shea body butter is my favorite of the TBS butters.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2008 3:05:00 PM More reviews by red_smarties

The scent is amazing, its light and the cream moisturizes like nothing else.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2008 10:08:00 PM More reviews by Begina

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Love love love this scent! This one and the Brazil Nut butter are my favs! They are both very thick rich creams, better for cooler/winter months. Excellent on feet and elbows. Love this scent!!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2008 11:32:00 PM More reviews by xxtaylorlaurenxx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this stuff. Extremely moisturizing and a fresh, clean scent. It's great for dry elbows and knees. I even put a little on my hair's dry ends, it makes them feel a little better. Awesome product, as usual. I love body butters.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/6/2008 2:19:00 AM More reviews by minax

Great for winter dry skin but can be a bit too rich for other seasons. It is quite solid in the tub but melts with the heat from your hands. Moisturizes my extremely dry skin very well. One tub also lasts ages so it works out cheap. I don't love the tub it comes in but any other packaging would have been difficult because it's so solid. I scrape a bit out into a smaller container and use it for my chronically dry hands all year round. Highly recommended!