January 26, 2015 | 909 users online

Lotions/ Creams - The Body Shop - Body Butter Shea

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2008 10:47:00 PM More reviews by dsangelbaby05

THIS PRODUCT IS AMAZING. I used to use Bath & Body works but discovered the body shop on a class field trip. First, I don't understand what other people are talking about when they are complaining about a "perfume smell"... they must be reviewing a different body butter, because the smell of this is VERY faint... a very faint vanilla-like smell, which I absolutely adore. It keeps my hands and feet moisturized in the bitter midwest winter (and they usually crack open and bleed).
People have been complaining about price. This is what I have to say about this: the body shop aims at improving humanity. Buying this particular product, for example, helps to ensure work for a single mother in Ghana, Africa. I will gladly pay twice the price to do such a good service to others (and I'm a poor college kid!!) So they don't inflate prices for no reason. I forget all that they do, but the biggest ones in my opinon are fair trade and no animal testing!!
You won't be sorry about this purchase... every time I put it on I know that i'm getting excellent moisturization, saving precious animals, and providing work for women in Africa! I will NEVER go back to bath and body works again.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2008 2:48:00 PM More reviews by floralipke

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I swim everyday. I have to use heavy duty creams for my legs and arms in winter. Shea body butter works for my need. I like the clean smell too. However, it is too expensive as a body cream. I finished a container within one month. I am still looking for a cheaper heavy duty body cream. I won't buy it because of the price.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2008 7:40:00 PM More reviews by angieangie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Great for my extremely dry legs! Worked wonders for me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2008 3:48:00 PM More reviews by pootiebear1031

I bought this shea butter mainly to keep in my purse for moisturizing my hands. This shea butter makes my hands feel like butter. It also smells really good. The cream is pretty thick and it takes no time to soak into your skin. The scent is also very light and not overwhelming. The shea butter also contains Vitamin and E to help protect and moisturize your skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/27/2008 11:47:00 AM More reviews by beauticonnexion

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have really dry skin that becomes very tight and flaky if not moisturized. This was recommended by the shop staff to be good for dry skin and i chose this over Cocoa Butter as this reminds me of the smell of Lavender Vanilla Milk. The texture is quite soft in my humid weather thus more creamy but when i used this in the autumn cooler climate it has a more balmy feel, not so liquid... maybe it is the cream solidifying? Anyway, it hydrates very well, there is no shiny look nor residue as the body butter totally absorbs into the skin. It prevent me from feeling dry for a good 8 hours but it did not work up well enough to the dry air in the air cabin. I may use this on a daily basis as a tub (200ml) looks to be able to last me about a month but use an oil for flights to reduce dryness...

rated 3 of 5 on 9/24/2008 7:39:00 AM More reviews by hitandrun

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Doesn't moisturise as well as the brazil nut but smells a whole lot nicer. Not as pungent. However, it is not greasy and sinks into the skin without leaving a top film. Skin feels somewhat soft too but nothing amazing.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/23/2008 5:59:00 PM More reviews by Fantak

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I decided to review this product because I'm at the bottom of my second tub and am going to get my third tub this week.

I am terribly fickle and hardly ever finish a bottle/tub let alone repurchase. So actually finishing my second tub of the shea body butter is saying something! I love the waxy texture and how it melts when it touches my skin.

I got both this and the Cocoa Body Butter, but didn't like the Cocoa butter smell (it was terrible, would make me nauseous in the hot humid summer weather). So I switched to the Shea butter.

My body skin is very dry, especially in winter where my legs used to get so dry I wouldn't be able to flex my foot it hurt so much. Since then I have gotten over my teenage fear of rich moisturisers (for the body at least) and have been experimenting with different body creams over the last few years.

The packaging works great for me. I like the tub where I can scoop out a large amount of cream instead of trying to squeeze it out or squirt pump after pump. It also means I go through about a tub a month.

I've taken one lippy off because I still don't like the smell and because although it does moisturise my skin I feel it doesn't moisturise it as much as I would want a body cream to.

Am going to repurchase for the second time (my third tub!).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/7/2008 12:03:00 PM More reviews by warfreakbaby

my very first Body Butter! im not a lotion user because of the humid weather we have here in philippines. my friend noticed that my skin is becoming obviously dry, she said i should check this body butter from TBS. i went to TBS and fortunately, they have discounts on their best selling items and shea butter is one of them. oh, i love the smell and i love how it makes my skin sooo healthy looking. my 3 year old daughter loves this too and everyday, after she takes a bath, she's always looking for this. we were like fools smelling each other's skin. we are really addicted to this. perfecty, perfect, perfect!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2008 7:31:00 PM More reviews by foreverxsummer

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have already professed my love to the Body Shop body butters. But this one is my favorite. I think it's mainly about the smell. It is a smell that get very close to your skin, if I may say so. It's rich but remains subtle, not overpowering at all. This cream can seem a bit too thick at first, but warms up and spreads easily. The container is HUGE and will last quite a long time. Truly wonderful product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2008 1:24:00 PM More reviews by footballqueen07

This is hands down my favourite body butter. I am in love with the clean scent as well, not too overwhelming but pretty and refreshing !! It's crazy to feel my skin at the end of the day, summer or winter, after running around from classes to work etc etc, and notice how soft and moisturized it feels. I put it on immediately after coming out of the shower every single day, it literally takes just an extra minute or two for wonderful skin.. every day :)