April 18, 2014 | 921 users online

Mascara - Make Up For Ever - Smoky Lash Extra Black Mascara

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2010 8:46:00 PM More reviews by Ilse333

I love me some good mascara and this has pleased in every way. Looks good without primer; looks even better with primer; plays nicely layered with other mascara brands; doesn't smear, flake or give me spider leg lashes. It also comes off fairly easily and we all know how important that is.

Good stuff. My only issue is that the tube seemed to dry up after only 5 weeks. Since then it has looked more brittle.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/22/2010 5:34:00 PM More reviews by yurena78

This is a very good mascara, the best one I have tried so far.. it makes my lashes thick and long, but it can be a little bit flaky for summer or humid climate.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2010 8:41:00 AM More reviews by CharismaSL

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this mascara! Its my HG mascara! I have asian thin lashes which though long are stickly straight (hard to curl) and lacks in pigment. I've tried numerous mascaras but none like this. This holds my curl, gives me that dark, rich black pigment, and gives me volume. Its truly an all-in-one mascara. Plus, it comes off easily with my oil cleanser. When wearing it I actually look like I have lashes and get compliments on it all the time. I will purchase always. Already on my second tube. MUFE please do not discontinue this mascara. Did i mention that its economical too?

rated 4 of 5 on 10/21/2010 7:17:00 PM More reviews by guccigrl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love this mascara...one of the best i ever used!! It's dramatic and very very Black in color which i love! I think it's way expensive so i dont know how often i will buy this but i do love it so much!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2010 9:15:00 PM More reviews by CG1981

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Green

This is a good mascara if you like a dramatic look. Its very black, builds quick length and volume. You could use a lengthening mascara over it if you want more seperation and length. The problem is, its awesome for the first month and a half, then it dries out pretty quick, I wouldnt re purachse because of that, its too expensive for a month or so of use. It is a GOOD mascara though.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/14/2010 10:43:00 PM More reviews by ldrnieva

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I just came off using Maybelline's Colossal waterproof mascara because it was so hard to take off. While it was relatively easy to wash off at night with my MAC Cleanse off oil, it was a pain to clean the smudges in the morning after applying. You know how you get those black smudges on your eyelids when putting on mascara?

Using a q-tip with an eye cream, I'd still have to do some major swiping just to get the smudges off. I was ready to go back to Department Store mascara. After seeing pixiwoo on youtube, I was excited to see how this fared.

It didn't do anything for my lashes. It applied nicely but failed to build or lengthen. This one is going back.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/8/2010 11:31:00 PM More reviews by merrysunny77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

So far liking this mascara...a good mascara to me is imp. as most days its usually the only eye makup I wear. I have nice lashes and like to play up what I got...

My previous HG was YSL Faux Cils....and it remains to be seen if this compares. I didn't like how fast that dried up - and it was $30 a pop which seem extreme. I don't really need thickness but more so length and that delivered.

Bought this a while ago - and left in the hotel I was staying in the day I opened it !:( so decided to try again as I like alot of MUFE products (HD concealer = HG). So far I like how dark my lashes are (I have dark brown/black hair - so the darker the better) and seems to thicken and lengthen at the same time. With YSL if I wanted ultra thick and dark when I went out would have to layer with CG LB...(which on its own is crap IMO)

Don't know if it will dry up - will have to report back. I also like how much lighter the packaging is..the metal tube on YSL was nice - but added extra weight to my makeup bag ...

Pros: Adds volume AND length (rare)
Extra Black
Doesn't leave flake on me

Cons:
Pricy for what it is
Get the feeling it will dry out quickly
Not a good "layering" mascara...trying to do that just makes it clumpy looking...

rated 4 of 5 on 10/5/2010 11:07:00 AM More reviews by kmitzok

Love love love this mascara. This is my new HG mascara. i have tried tons of different mascaras but this is by far the best. I have super short, straight eyelashes and when i wore this even my boyfriend noticed that my eyelashes looked long :) its kind of expensive but definately worth ths price. The only down side is that it dries out kind of fast so you would have to repurchase it before you even finish the tube.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2010 11:05:00 AM More reviews by benbaymom

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This mascara is incredible!! I have very straight, but long lashes and this makes them so thick and dark. It's expensive, but so worth it to me. Two coats and it looks like I have false lashes on!! HG for me!!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2010 7:36:00 PM More reviews by iamjess03

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have finally found my HG mascara! The best one I had found was the popular Dior mascara, but I didn't understand all the hype because it had sooooo much fall out! But Smokey lash thickened my lashes while giving me NO fall out, which is a must. It does not weigh down my lashes and I love the wand, it really helps make my lashes thicker.