Make Up For Ever Smoky Lash Extra Black Mascara

3.7

Eh... It's OKAY. But just that - okay. My favorite mascara of all time is still Diorshow, but I wanted to try something different. So the lady at Sephora said this was a good one. Which it IS... just not as volumizing as I would have liked. Does a great job thickening and lengthening though.

on 1/3/2011 7:48:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Bought it based on the hype... cant say it was a big mistake. But for someone with straight (and short lol) asian eyelashes, this kinda does the job. It does add volume, and make your lashes look fuller and longer. It is kinda heavy that actually weighted my lashes down even though i curled them nicely. And it does smudge.. not in a very bad way as long as you are not crying, sweating... or doing any activity that cause moisture around your eyes area :P Though one down side, it flakes badly when I apply it at my lower lashes. For now, I say I would repurchase... but I'm not too sure. I still prefer Stila mascara better even though they dont provide that much volume, but at least they dont weight my lashes down and my lashes still look fresh even after a nap

on 1/2/2011 12:32:00 AM

One great mascara, which actually does NOT smudge under your eyes finally!!! Very important! You can put a couple of layers on (which is not really necessary, because it gives volume and length with the first coat in my opinion) without clumping though. Definitely worth the money!

on 12/28/2010 12:26:00 AM

I don't write many reviews, but I hate Smoky Lash so much I just had to write a review. I've had this mascara about a week and it has already caused several of my eyelashes to fall out. I haven't noticed any problems with flaking, but my major complaint is that the mascara is very wet and causes my eyelashes to clump into three big lash clumps. It's hard to achieve separation, and looks very spidery. It should be called Spider Lash instead of Smoky Lash. Don't waste your money, purchase Maybelline Full 'n Soft instead.

on 12/27/2010 3:55:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Don't really understand the hype over this mascara. I bought it because of the rave reviews and it's pretty underwhelming, in my opinion. I have to layer it with other mascaras to get the result I want. Alone, it leaves my lashes sparse and thin. I find the formula very... inky and runny, if that makes any sense.

on 12/20/2010 12:35:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I bought this mascara after viewing many beauty gurus reviews. I like the mascara it did take me a few tries to get the results I wanted. The wand seems to carry excess product that can be a little difficult as it can cause clumping. Not using too many coats does the trick for me. I did notice that this mascara seems to dry out faster than other mascaras. Also there is flaking. Makes my lashes very full adding some length but not extreme length. I will repurchase, I want to try the aqua smoky lash as I have heard that it does not flake

on 12/13/2010 3:20:00 PM

This mascara was dissapointing. It gave absolutely no volume whatsoever. It did a decent but unexceptional job of lengthening. I gave it two lippies because it did separate very nicely and it didn't clump. Nice if you need minimal mascara, but not if you rely on mascara to volumize.

on 11/29/2010 1:33:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other

The main thing that really does it for me with this mascara is the pigment...this mascara is VERRRRRY black. I always get dark, long, thick dramatic lashes when I use this, I even had 2 of my family members ask if I was wearing false eyelashes :-). I dont have too many negative things to say except I wish it were a bit more volumizing and a tad less clumpy when layering.I did get a tip to use the thicker end of the wand for better results (less clumping). IMO definitely worth the try if u dont mind spending 22 bucks on a mascara.

on 11/23/2010 7:32:00 PM

I got a sample of this in a mascara kit from Sephora and it is by far the worst of the 10 samples that I received. It's the only one that flakes off and I end up with black flakes all over my cheeks by the end of the day. I would never buy this mascara. There are soooo many better ones.

on 11/23/2010 12:09:00 AM

Pros: Curls, lengthens and volumizes

Cons: Does clump a little, and it is little too wet when you first buy it, & flakes A LOT

I wouldn't call this my HG mascara, but it is the closest thing I have found to it so I will probably repurchase until something better comes along.

Top Rated Make Up For Ever Products