July 26, 2014 | 1495 users online

Mascara - Make Up For Ever - Smoky Lash Extra Black Mascara

rated 3 of 5 on 11/23/2010 12:09:00 AM More reviews by soclutch

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Pros: Curls, lengthens and volumizes

Cons: Does clump a little, and it is little too wet when you first buy it, & flakes A LOT

I wouldn't call this my HG mascara, but it is the closest thing I have found to it so I will probably repurchase until something better comes along.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2010 10:11:00 AM More reviews by tatt2thruandthru

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

UPDATE: I actually can't stand this mascara, I've been using it daily for going on my second week and there is definitely already a dryer consistency to it, its even harder to work with then when it was new. I would NEVER think about spending my money on this again.
------------------------------

hmmm...I waited over 6 months before making the decision to give this mascara a try. I do like it. It does give bigger bang than DS mascaras. It does clump. It is costly. Does it live up to the hype surrounding it? Mostly. I would not repurchase this
unless I had money burning a hole in my pocket.

FYI: Worked better for me when I did not curl my lashes. It looks best with two coats. Two coats makes it slightly more frustrating to remove. Be sure to begin at root and wiggle through, effects are not nearly as nice if you apply it quickly or halfass.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/7/2010 12:51:00 PM More reviews by dirtyrat

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have been looking for a great volumizing/lengething/keep the curl mascara - and am getting tired of shelling out 30$ for mascaras that just suck.

I love MUFE aqua creams and shadows so i thought to give this a try since it claims to do it all. Not so much true. Yes it is super black, and i suppose it is volumizing if you consider dumping a ton of product onto the lashes to make them look thicker?? Too much product clumps up like crazy - and yes, you can get a decent look if you spend the time with an eyelash comb - but if you add more than one coat of this stuff it is just a mess, and one coat doesn't seem to do it. More than one coat and you are left with droopy spider lashes. boooo. I do still use this for a night out - when i feel like putting in an xtra 15 minutes to do my mascara - but the last few times i have used this i have been so unhappy with the results i have removed all my eye m/u and started over. soooo not worth it in my book. def NOT repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2010 2:50:00 AM More reviews by mjm88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

If you are looking for dark thick lashes this is your mascara! It is amazing! I have very thin lashes and this makes me look like I'm wearing falsies! LOVE!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2010 8:46:00 PM More reviews by Ilse333

I love me some good mascara and this has pleased in every way. Looks good without primer; looks even better with primer; plays nicely layered with other mascara brands; doesn't smear, flake or give me spider leg lashes. It also comes off fairly easily and we all know how important that is.

Good stuff. My only issue is that the tube seemed to dry up after only 5 weeks. Since then it has looked more brittle.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/22/2010 5:34:00 PM More reviews by yurena78

This is a very good mascara, the best one I have tried so far.. it makes my lashes thick and long, but it can be a little bit flaky for summer or humid climate.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2010 8:41:00 AM More reviews by CharismaSL

I absolutely love this mascara! Its my HG mascara! I have asian thin lashes which though long are stickly straight (hard to curl) and lacks in pigment. I've tried numerous mascaras but none like this. This holds my curl, gives me that dark, rich black pigment, and gives me volume. Its truly an all-in-one mascara. Plus, it comes off easily with my oil cleanser. When wearing it I actually look like I have lashes and get compliments on it all the time. I will purchase always. Already on my second tube. MUFE please do not discontinue this mascara. Did i mention that its economical too?

rated 4 of 5 on 10/21/2010 7:17:00 PM More reviews by guccigrl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love this mascara...one of the best i ever used!! It's dramatic and very very Black in color which i love! I think it's way expensive so i dont know how often i will buy this but i do love it so much!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2010 9:15:00 PM More reviews by CG1981

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Green

This is a good mascara if you like a dramatic look. Its very black, builds quick length and volume. You could use a lengthening mascara over it if you want more seperation and length. The problem is, its awesome for the first month and a half, then it dries out pretty quick, I wouldnt re purachse because of that, its too expensive for a month or so of use. It is a GOOD mascara though.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/14/2010 10:43:00 PM More reviews by ldrnieva

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I just came off using Maybelline's Colossal waterproof mascara because it was so hard to take off. While it was relatively easy to wash off at night with my MAC Cleanse off oil, it was a pain to clean the smudges in the morning after applying. You know how you get those black smudges on your eyelids when putting on mascara?

Using a q-tip with an eye cream, I'd still have to do some major swiping just to get the smudges off. I was ready to go back to Department Store mascara. After seeing pixiwoo on youtube, I was excited to see how this fared.

It didn't do anything for my lashes. It applied nicely but failed to build or lengthen. This one is going back.