October 23, 2014 | 1337 users online

Other - Baking Soda

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2012 2:43:00 PM More reviews by cowzipper

I use baking soda to exfoliate and can't see using anything else. Most other exfoliators are way too harsh and irritate my skin and cause breakouts. This is very gentle and rinses away clean. I actually found some Arm and Hammer baking soda in a plastic shaker thing that is great for the shower. I wish I could remember where I found it because it's lot more convenient than the cardboard box. This is a great product and the price just can't be beat!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2012 10:52:00 PM More reviews by TinkerbellonCrack

I do enjoy baking soda as an exfoliant for face/body but my real love for it is with hair care. For those times when a shampoo (or two) has been skipped, the weather was warm, and the scalp just feels oily and vile, baking soda helps immensely. I like to grab about a tablespoon or two and massage it into my wet roots. It can be used solo or in conjunction with shampoo/conditioner. It makes my hair so incredibly clean and soft. I have been doing this for years and it never fails. I wouldn't suggest replacing regular hair products with it or using it daily. The amount needed probably varies greatly from person to person as some have reported horrible rashes/acne from baking soda usage. I have a pretty normal scalp and never experienced anything but fresh, revived hair from this beauty trick. Give it a try!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/10/2012 7:31:00 PM More reviews by thatdaisygirl

Miracle Worker for sooo many different things!!!
How i use it at the moment -
TO HELP ACNE - I am suffering from really bad acne that sprung out of no where last year, I've always had mild acne but my face is now disgusting. I've tried no end of products, antibiotics etc but nothing had worked. I read about using this as a mask and I'm only on my 3rd night of a new regime and the difference is great. I do this at night after cleansing my face, a teaspoon mixed with tiny bit of water into a paste and pat over my skin, I've read to leave for 10 mins but as soon as it is dry i wet my hands and gently rub it all in to exfoliate then rinse. I find it stings/burns and makes my spots looks worse straight after but this fades within the hour, it can also be quite drying so a moisturizer is a must!! I'm finding afterwards my pores have shrunk amazingly, my skin is less oily. I also seem to have a few whiteheads come up, ive read this is normal as the crap is coming to the surface. they dry out pretty quick also with continued use. if the whiteheads continues to appear after a full week of this then I'll change it to once every other day. (I'm hoping to only need to do this once a week once acne under control) I'm so so happy with the change in my acne, except for dryness but I'd rather deal with that!!! (i will also say i use this in conjunction with panoxly which i apply lightly in the mornings)
HAIR - Not so good for me but i seen improvements. I quit shampoo and conditioner and used a tbsp with cooled boiled water then vinegar for a rinse. I tried this for 2 months and went through an awful transition period that never ended. Ive read others only last a week but hey, what can you do. I so wanted this to work and may try again in the future, except for the symptoms of my transition i noticed my hair was thicker, less split ends. I would recommend people who want to go no chemicals to try this. or even do it now and again to clear product build up. I think I'll continue to do that and try and introduce it sparingly next time (I'm now using a lush shampoo bar and continue to vinegar rinse afterwards). My BACNE also vanished when i done this :) for that reason alone after i have cleaned my hair i shall be pouring the same mixture down my back to keep it clear.
TEETH WHITENER - I've started mixing this with toothpaste twice a week and noticed a change after to second time :)
I am soo happy with this stuff and cannot wait to use it in different ways

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2012 11:24:00 PM More reviews by lukr

Baking Soda is amazing! I literally spent most of my money on skin care products that everybody raved about and just been disappointed each time. I leave this on my sink and just wash my face with warm water and mix it with baking soda and lightly rub my face. i also wash my face with COLD water afterwards. First time using this wasn't all that great cause my face stung and the baking soda left it extremely dry! My face didn't look great but after awhile my face got used to it. I recommend this product because there's nothing to lose. It's cheap and effective!

UPDATE: No longer using Baking Soda due to my sensitive skin. I also think it's a hassle to use as a cleanser since I don't have the patience to wash my face in the first place. Didn't do much for my acne.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2012 10:54:00 PM More reviews by ThisOldSoul

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I use baking soda to both clarify hair and as a deodorant, and in both functions I have yet to find something more effective. I mix with my shampoo into a sort of paste and just shampoo like normal. As a deodorant, I just wet my underarms, rub on a thin layer and allow to dry. This has been so effective as a deodorant that I now can wear clothes for multiple days if needed (i.e. I don't have to wash my clothes as often) and there are no white marks (unless I apply too much, in which case there will be a bit of powder on clothes, but unlike traditional deodorants this is easy to wipe off). Overall, I LOVE baking soda and take it everywhere with me when I travel.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2012 5:57:00 AM More reviews by curlntease

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Best beauty bargain ever!
Two esthician (sp) friends separately told me that is what they use & I was sold!

Most times I make a past with either a dab of cleanser or just water & use it as a facial and neck exfoliant. Sometimes I use it all over, especially on my elbows. It is also good mixed with a bit of olive oil, just make sure it is a paste. I do this all in my hand.

Your skin will be so soft, do it a couple of times a week., Great for blackheads!

Putting some in shampoo helps remove chlorine!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2012 12:45:00 PM More reviews by ushamohan

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Hi can i use arm and hammar fridge and freezer baking soda for face and hair wash ? I found tht product in dubai spinneys store. Any one guide me . Plz. I did find ths product in dubai. Any one guide whr ths product is available in dubai

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2012 12:30:00 PM More reviews by Wrenfly

I use Baking Soda for almost all my beauty needs. I had a really bad break-out and literally nothing was working, no face wash or masks or other DIY recipes was working to clear my skin up. I've been using this with a bit of water to make a thin paste for the past two weeks and it has literally saved my skin. I love it! Once a week I mix some with my toothpaste too which makes my teeth really white, if my scalp needs a good clean to get rid of product build up I use it like a shampoo and for $3 a kilo, you can't beat it.

I store it in a container in my cupboard and use it every day, will never again live without my baking soda.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2012 11:05:00 AM More reviews by snoopy68

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Baking soda is the BEST skin exfoliator in the world! It's mildly abrasive, dirt cheap, no nasty chemicals or fragrances, easy to obtain, and it imparts a lovely glow to the skin. Women have been using this kitchen staple for many years to exfoliate their faces and bodies - tried, true, & tested.
I pour baking soda into a sealable jar, store it in the shower, and exfoliate my face/neck/chest every morning. I do not use a facial cleanser in the am - only at night to remove makeup and daily grime. No breakouts, skin rashes or irritations, just lovely, silk-smooth skin that glows.
Try it out ladies! I do not believe that you will be disappointed!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2012 12:28:00 AM More reviews by Green_Girl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been using baking soda to wash my hair for about four months. I either keep it in a squeeze bottle filled a little over a third of the way with baking soda, the rest filled with water, or make it into a paste with water. It keeps my thick, curly hair clean without stripping it of any oils, and I've noticed very minimal fading in my hair dye (at the ends of my hair only).

Because baking soda is alkaline, it's important to follow up with an apple cider vinegar rinse. I use half a cup of Bragg's ACV in two cups of water, pour half over the underside of my head, the other half over the top, and then spend a minute scrubbing it into my scalp. This is the only method that has gotten rid of my dandruff, and I only need to use it two or three times a week.

I've heard that baking soda can be mixed into conditioner for those who cowash, and I plan on trying this soon.

When using baking soda and ACV, it may take a couple of weeks for your hair and scalp to adjust. For the first week after starting this, my hair felt very greasy, but it quickly adjusted. I noticed increased shine and moisture, and my hair and scalp no longer felt squeaky clean, which I like. My hair used to get very dry and itchy, but it's now flake free.

Overall, a wonderful, versatile product that I cannot recommend more highly.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No